Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The build up to the May 22nd elections

Comments

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523

MrJones said:

MrJones said:

Linky please.

Besides, crime is falling. Despite the police figures' cr@pness, everything points to a long-term and sustained fall in crime. Rather embarrassingly for those scared of immigrants, that also includes the period after accession.

NHS figures:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27119689

Crime survey of E&W:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25858421
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/feb/13/violent-sexual-crime-statistics-england-wales-2013

Edit: in fact, you could say: "blooming immigrants, coming over here and making the country safer." ;-)

"everything points to a long-term and sustained fall in crime"

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/nov/26/gangs-sexual-violence-warzones

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmhaff/uc182-vii/uc18201.htm

everything points to the political class being perfectly willing to lie through their teeth about crime
    I'd like to know how the 'political class' are massaging the official police figures, the crime survey, and NHS admissions to show the same story of decreasing crime.

I could believe one, and possible two at a stretch. But the NHS figures as well...

You almost seem to be wanting crime to be going up. Why is that?

Why do you ignore clear evidence that the crime stats are leaving stuff out?
    I am not ignoring it. Far from, in fact.

So why are you ignoring clear and obvious data showing that crime is falling? I know you have a rather unhealthy obsession with gang crime, but that is not all crime.

The fact is, crime is falling, and has been since before the accession of the eastern European states. The reasons for this would be interesting to understand (in fact, why crime has decreased during the recession as well), but it won't be down to massive fiddling of the figures to the extent that the fall was in fact a rise.

Don't make me send you the tinfoil-hat making instructions again...
    You are plainly ignoring it. You say

and yet there is clear evidence that large chunks of crime are being ignored in the same way the grooming gangs were ignored.

So given the political class are perfectly happy to ignore this why would any rational person take the crime stats on faith?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,980
    TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

UK becomes first western country to be tried for war crimes
    The international criminal court's decision to investigate allegations of war crimes places the UK in the company of countries such as the Central African Republic, Colombia and Afghanistan.
    http://stopwar.org.uk/article/uk-is-first-western-state-to-be-investigated-for-war-crimes-by-international-court#.U3JQ9RDBp0z

Investigated doesn't equal tried. Don't let Eck send you for his curry - he'll ask for 2 kormas and you'll come back with 2 phalls.
    Dear dear Flash , you try to deflect from UK being war criminals with your
    unhealthy fixation of Mr Salmond. You and Scott would make a right pair of matching Wally Dugs.
  • Options
    JBriskinJBriskin Posts: 2,380
    MalcolmG - Do we really need 12 hours of that schstik
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Sun_Politics: Film emerges of Syrian govt helicopter dropping barrel bombs of lethal chlorine on civilians: http://bit.ly/1ooS0q4

Ed?
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    "UK being war criminals"

Your sense of humour is legendary, Mr G.. Probably best not push it too far, though.
  • Options

#PublishThePoll is trending on twitter.

I take it Nats don't do irony ?
    Is that like #Publishthelegaladvice, or #Publishthehotelbill, or #PublishanythingelsetheSNPhasmadeupasitwentalong?

Out come the Tory trolls , when will Scott , Monica and Watcher join Carlotta and Flash to make a full set.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,680
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

The international criminal court's decision to investigate allegations of war crimes places the UK in the company of countries such as the Central African Republic, Colombia and Afghanistan.
    http://stopwar.org.uk/article/uk-is-first-western-state-to-be-investigated-for-war-crimes-by-international-court#.U3JQ9RDBp0z

Investigated doesn't equal tried. Don't let Eck send you for his curry - he'll ask for 2 kormas and you'll come back with 2 phalls.
    UK being war criminals
    wow!

Judge, jury, verdict!

That was quick!

I guess "due process" will not figure highly in Separate Scotland?

• Options
    JBriskin said:

Give me that in English, what are you wittering about
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Would that be a Flush MalcolmG? You're probably not so critical of the EBC now are you?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Malc wrong on fishing and utterly wrong on war crimes.

Too much Buckie ?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

JBriskin said:

Don't you get a bit bored of the angry scot thing?

• Options

wow!

Judge, jury, verdict!

That was quick!

Bomb a plane, get early release?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

"UK being war criminals"

Your sense of humour is legendary, Mr G.. Probably best not push it too far, though.

No smoke without fire Hurst , we are plumbing the depths as a country on all fronts. The UK is not a shining example on any front these days.

PS Very concerning article , that the country has reached being investigated, recent other cases re Iraq , etc , very worrying.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

wow!

Judge, jury, verdict!

That was quick!

Old Malcy used to be a decent Nat poster - now turned into a tartan version of 8 Ace from Viz.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Malc wrong on fishing and utterly wrong on war crimes.

Too much Buckie ?

Flash is down and out and resorting to stereotypes. I am more champagne or Malt Whisky type than Buckie. You should not reflect your self on others. Keep up the whining.
  • Options
    [we are plumbing the depths as a country on all fronts.]

Have some respect for London - your angry scot thing is causing havoc - have you not seen The Thick of It.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JBriskin said:

malcolmg said:

JBriskin said:

Don't you get a bit bored of the angry scot thing?

Who is angry, just correcting lies and smears, someone has to have the guts to do it.

PS the EBC are real crap
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,414
    malcolmg said:

"UK being war criminals"

No smoke without fire Hurst , we are plumbing the depths as a country on all fronts. The UK is not a shining example on any front these days.

PS Very concerning article , that the country has reached being investigated, recent other cases re Iraq , etc , very worrying.
    No smoke without fire is the same as saying guilty until proved innocent. Which is no way for anyone who professes civilisation to behave. Also it's a preliminary investigation, they will only launch a full investigation if they conclude we can't put our house in order. Possible but extremely unlikely in my view.
  • Options
    FFS - Malt Whisky reference - when was the last time you bought that in a pub?
  • Options
    Since you're going to be here Malcolm - I agree the EBC is crap - although it took me a re-read of a Wyndyham novel to get the reference.
  • Options
    I don't know about Iraq but I'd have thought the ICC investigating any possible New Labour involvement in rendition would be the easy route to go on that.
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

"UK being war criminals"

No smoke without fire is the same as saying guilty until proved innocent. Which is no way for anyone who professes civilisation to behave. Also it's a preliminary investigation, they will only launch a full investigation if they conclude we can't put our house in order. Possible but extremely unlikely in my view.
    Extreme Nationalist regimes aren't always the best for due process...
  • Options
    TRUMP LIVE ON SBBC - for those in England who want to know.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    ToryJim said:

Mr. Briskin, most F1 is unpredictable, Monaco's probably amongst the more predictable. It's a processional, tedious circuit that should be consigned to the dustbin of history. That Monaco is bulletproof and Spa is in doubt speaks of how crackers the sport can be.

Its glamorous though, plus you might occasionally glimpse a bikini clad minx or two ;)
    I'm convinced that those two girls in barely there yellow bikinis have been lying on that balcony every year since 1961
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    MrJones said:

I don't know about Iraq but I'd have thought the ICC investigating any possible New Labour involvement in rendition would be the easy route to go on that.

Would these 'rendition flights' be the same ones Home Secretary David Miliband has already apologised for?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,031
    MrJones said:

You are plainly ignoring it. You say

and yet there is clear evidence that large chunks of crime are being ignored in the same way the grooming gangs were ignored.

So given the political class are perfectly happy to ignore this why would any rational person take the crime stats on faith?

Yawn. How large are these 'chunks'? How do you know it would offset the massive fall in crime we have seen?

You asked for it. Here you go:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Aluminum-Foil-Hat/

But I'm afraid one isn't going to be enough for you:
    http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I suggest you put one on, now.
  • Options
    Even the most blinkered of Tories will find that tortuous - if not for the content and sentiment, but the concept and delivery.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

FFS - Malt Whisky reference - when was the last time you bought that in a pub?

If I buy whisky in the pub which I do not do on a regular basis , I would always buy a malt. At home I only drink Malt but again not on regular basis, though if given a blend as a gift I would still enjoy it. Nowadays beer or wine and rarely in large quantities. If I stick to beer I am up all night.
    I may sound like Mr Angry on here but am very fortunate , a rough diamond.
  • Options
    Boba has the ability to watch the TV on a sunday.

+1
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

"UK being war criminals"

Extreme Nationalist regimes aren't always the best for due process...
    Flash go and play tig on the motorway
  • Options
    Malcolm - Yes you do sound fortunate. I'm lucky enough to often be able to get a malt when I'm in the pub. I'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Even the most blinkered of Tories will find that tortuous - if not for the content and sentiment, but the concept and delivery.
    It's not his best piece.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

TRUMP LIVE ON SBBC - for those in England who want to know.

Has he changed his hairstyle now he is moving to Ayrshire. He will not cut it down here with that hairdo.
  • Options
    Has anyone got the clip of Nige saying "no-one can call us a racist party"?

@standardnews: British Asian Ukip member quits party in protest at 'terrifying' and 'racist' direction http://t.co/stiL0nVT0U
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Today's Betting Mystery:

The CONS have just overtaken LAB in two polls. So, why have the constituency markets not shifted one iota?

It obviously takes time for people to react.

I mentioned earlier today that the odds in Bedford have remained the same as before. Tories are still 2/1. I placed a small bet on them just now due to yesterday's polls.
    That's a decent bet, Andy. I also like Cameron as next prime minister at better than even money. The trouble with all of these bets is that you have to tie up your money for a year.
  • Options
    He looks the same Malcolm.
  • Options
    isam said:

Well ok, keep on digging. I wont forget that accusation of me being a liar. It was a joke, although I know sarcasm can be hard to detect online.

If I meant it you must surely know by now that I would have argued my case until the rest of PB was bored of our bickering and the mods asked us to drop it.

Please dont bother with lengthy tedious private messages to me about your work/wife whatever, Im not interested.

Yawn * 2. I sent you a PM to explain my position, which you thanked me for at the time. Now, apparently, it was tedious.

You really do not do UKIP any favours.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    Europe wide poll undertaken by American researchers

Funny enough the same sentiment to immigration is prevalent acroos the continent.

Quelle surprise

"Attitudes toward immigrants and minority groups will also shape the public mood in the run up to the parliamentary election. A median of 55% wants to limit immigration. This includes particularly strong anti-immigrant sentiment in Greece (86%) and Italy (80%). A median of 52% in European countries we surveyed say immigrants are a burden because they take jobs and social benefits, 48% complain they want to be distinct from the local society, and 36% say they are to blame for crime."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/05/12/5-key-takeaways-from-the-european-union-survey/

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/2014/05/PG_14.05.12_Takeaways_5-3.png
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    BobaFett said:

What are you whining about this time? - Hodges first venture into humour is not shared by you, get over it.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Remember the porcine mantra - PB Hodges are always wrong...or something.
  • Options
    isam said:

Europe wide poll undertaken by American researchers

Funny enough the same sentiment to immigration is prevalent acroos the continent.

Quelle surprise

"Attitudes toward immigrants and minority groups will also shape the public mood in the run up to the parliamentary election. A median of 55% wants to limit immigration. This includes particularly strong anti-immigrant sentiment in Greece (86%) and Italy (80%). A median of 52% in European countries we surveyed say immigrants are a burden because they take jobs and social benefits, 48% complain they want to be distinct from the local society, and 36% say they are to blame for crime."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/05/12/5-key-takeaways-from-the-european-union-survey/

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/2014/05/PG_14.05.12_Takeaways_5-3.png

Sorry, do you mean this jokingly, or are you being serious this time?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    TGOHF said:

Scott_P said:

wow!

Judge, jury, verdict!

That was quick!

Old Malcy used to be a decent Nat poster - now turned into a tartan version of 8 Ace from Viz.
    Flash you are sounding more like Josias Jessop every day. Lost your sense of humour , always a petted lip , shape up and get your mojo back.

PS Much more and you will be down to Scott levels, try to save yourself.
  • Options

BobaFett said:

What are you whining about this time? - Hodges first venture into humour is not shared by you, get over it.
    Is it shared by anyone?
  • Options
    Edin_RokzEdin_Rokz Posts: 516
    edited May 2014

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

UK being war criminals
    wow!

Judge, jury, verdict!

That was quick!

Er, Ms Vance,

Lets see now, closure of local Courts, armed police as standard, centralisaton of administration of fire, ambulance and coastguard, changes to legal safeguards - all done to cut costs, improve efficiency and see the disappearing act of the relevant minister when things go pearshape.

Watch in awe when our beloved FM stands up in Holyrood to give total confidence in the minister concerned,. Gasp in wonder when Ms Sturgeon has to apologice for the FM again.

Yes, Welcome to New Scotland.

Edit due to spell checker.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

He looks the same Malcolm.

Would be a laugh to see him out in the wind at Turnberry with that hairdo , cannot imagine any hairspray saving it.
  • Options

isam said:

Well ok, keep on digging. I wont forget that accusation of me being a liar. It was a joke, although I know sarcasm can be hard to detect online.

If I meant it you must surely know by now that I would have argued my case until the rest of PB was bored of our bickering and the mods asked us to drop it.

Please dont bother with lengthy tedious private messages to me about your work/wife whatever, Im not interested.

Yawn * 2. I sent you a PM to explain my position, which you thanked me for at the time. Now, apparently, it was tedious.

I do, do UKIP favours I posted 200 leaflets for them last week

You misunderstood a joke, tripped over yourself to be sanctimonius and have made yourself look silly... I am sure you'll carry on and on trying to dig your way out of it.

I try to be courteous to everyone, no matter what I think of them, but please, no more self indulgent emails

• Options
    JBriskin said:

+1

Monaco is a funny place. The casino is really good, very reasonably priced for what it is and, after about 11pm, has the atmosphere of a James Bond novel, with glamorous women from all over the world playing the tables. Nobody drinks at the tables, which I found bizarre.

The public beach is tiny and uninspiring, although I did encounter a girl in a gold bikini and good stilettos popping down for a brief dip.

The rest of the country is entirely forgettable.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780
    BobaFett said:

I disagree entirely. Not that it was a great piece by any means, and though I think Hodges is a decent writer I often wildly disagree with his conclusions (nor, as a non-Tory, do I find those conclusions as automatically cheering to hear on most occasions), but I appreciate that he at least tried to mix up how he makes the same point he's been making day in day out for years. Needs work and polish if he is to try his hand at such delivery again, but it wasn't hard to get through.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

You misunderstood a joke, tripped over yourself to be sanctimonius and have made yourself look silly... I am sure you'll carry on and on trying to dig your way out of it.

I try to be courteous to everyone, no matter what I think of them, but please, no more self indulgent emails
    Yawn.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well you're better than me Boba, for I have not been to Monaco - may I ask your age out of interest.
  • Options
    ToryJim said:
    The money is coming in now at a good clip, and from a far greater variety of sources than the Yes camp's reliance on lottery millionaires
  • Options
    ToryJim said:
    They are raiding the graveyards to get a team together.
    Labour to field a bunch of losers.
    Darling loser and invisible
    Brown loser and invisible
    Lamont loser and invisible
    Alexander multiple loser and invisible
    Murphy loser and invisible
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited May 2014
    Slough: no UKIP candidates in 2010 locals, this time 33.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

JBriskin said:

+1

Monaco is a funny place. The casino is really good, very reasonably priced for what it is and, after about 11pm, has the atmosphere of a James Bond novel, with glamorous women from all over the world playing the tables. Nobody drinks at the tables, which I found bizarre.

The public beach is tiny and uninspiring, although I did encounter a girl in a gold bikini and good stilettos popping down for a brief dip.

The rest of the country is entirely forgettable.
    There isn't much of the rest of the country. The train station is impressively cavernous and lunch in the Cafe de Paris is expensive but worthwhile. However it is a place for a day trip more than an extended stay, but there are plenty of other places along that stretch of Coast which are amazing. Favourite part of France.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

Well you're better than me Boba, for I have not been to Monaco - may I ask your age out of interest.

Just because I have been to Monaco (not for the GP I should stress) does not make me better than you!
    My age remains between me and my birth certificate :)
  • Options

ToryJim said:
    The money is coming in now at a good clip, and from a far greater variety of sources than the Yes camp's reliance on lottery millionaires
    At least YES only take money from people who have a vote in the referendum. NO camp take it from anyone from anywhere. Sour grapes that the NO billionaires and millionaires are too tight to contribute.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Scott_P said:

Has anyone got the clip of Nige saying "no-one can call us a racist party"?

@standardnews: British Asian Ukip member quits party in protest at 'terrifying' and 'racist' direction http://t.co/stiL0nVT0U

This one?

"The current immigration policy is biased and unfair because everyone is subordinate to Europeans. We have nothing more in common with someone from Bulgaria than we do with someone from Africa or South America or Asia.

“It makes me angry that my grandparents had to work so hard to come over whereas now people just arrive. I’m not saying that all EU immigrants sponge off the State, but they have the opportunity to use our services.”"

http://sanya-jeet.com/politics/

The girl who went on tv last week saying UKIP wre not racist and got this

Katabasis ‏@Kata_basis May 7

Wow. Awate tells Sanya-Jeet Thandi on C4 news that she's "betraying her skin colour" for supporting #UKIP. http://sanya-jeet.com/politics/multiculturalism-on-channel-4/
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

JBriskin said:

Just because I have been to Monaco (not for the GP I should stress) does not make me better than you!
    My age remains between me and my birth certificate :)
    I have driven through it a dump , blink and you have missed it.
  • Options
    That's okay Boba - I'm just jealous, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy Monaco.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.
    if this is the case, why isn't it 90:10 to Yes?

Rather than 56:44 to No?

• Options
    malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.
    I'm no expert on Scottish matters but it seems to me highly implausible that everyone on one side is magnificent and everyone on the other is hopeless. It quite simply lacks credibility.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

Hi Sam,

I'm not sure I've ever said that you're wrong on immigration (although I might be wrong on that). I believe there are issues to do with mass immigration, in particular the effect mass immigration into small areas has on local services.

My main issue is that I'm not sure that you've thought of potential issues with UKIP's position on it, and the intended and unintended consequences it might have.

This may not be true, or fair, but it is how I feel.

Please remember, I'm married to an out-of-EU immigrant (although naturalised), and work with many immigrants and people of other nationalities. Now whilst this is not 'mass immigration', some people I talk to are becoming quite fearful of some of the rhetoric (to be fair not just from UKIP) about immigration and especially Islam. I see this frequently, and it is a problem.

As for the tone of my messages: I post from work, and my work involves a certain tone of language and rigidity of mind and perniticky computer-style logic. Maybe that comes across too readily. I'm glad you're on PB to offset us public schoolboys, who are rather overrepresented. ;-)

Anyway, I thought I'd take this onto a PM. Hopefully this may help you understand where I'm coming from.

Cheers

• Options

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.

Where did you get your imaginary numbers from this time.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

J, you are not missing much , overhyped.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    If too many tweets, make you a twxx, do too many slogans make you a slug?

Ed Miliband‏@Ed_Miliband·12 mins
    Generation rent needs proper protection against being ripped off. Today Labour MPs will vote to give them a hand and ban letting agent fees.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

It is awful
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Come very late to the party. What an interesting set of polls. Can't say I am surprised.

If Labour are wise, they will learn something from them.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    At least YES only take money from people who have a vote in the referendum. NO camp take it from anyone from anywhere. Sour grapes that the NO billionaires and millionaires are too tight to contribute.
    80% of Yes money from Euro Millions.......two thirds the number of small donors as "No".......the two largest No donors investors in Whisky and Harris Tweed (the latter in an SNP constituency, yet routinely denounced by the SNP as a bad'un.....)

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780
    ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.
    I'm no expert on Scottish matters but it seems to me highly implausible that everyone on one side is magnificent and everyone on the other is hopeless. It quite simply lacks credibility.
    I confess this is why I find the Scottish referendum hard to judge (though I still believe Yes will win), as the message discipline is generally so strong that, for example, anything Cameron and co do or say is clearly a hopeless, laughable failure which will lead to oodles of more Yes votes. Simply by chance it seems likely that occasionally they might do something which is at the least not laughably bad, but that never seems to be the case, supposedly

• Options
    ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.
    Where did I say everybody on the other side was magnificent. I merely pointed out the Labour names mentioned are all losers who should have been put out to grass long ago.
  • Options
    JBriskin said:

I'm amazed more people haven't been to the casino, which is just about as memorable as you can get for a relatively small fee. I went a few years ago but IIRC the entry fee was only ~€10. You can take a few chips and eek them out. There's a little bar too which isn't noticeably dearer than the west end, so you can genuinely do it for £50ish, if you want.

• Options
    @Isam

Should a private message not remain private?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BobaFett said:

@Isam

Repeatedly calling someone a scared, pathetic liar when theyve explained that they arent lying and that the respondent has merely misunderstood a joke calls for a low blow back
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Not having a vote is not the same as not having an interest. I have an interest in this despite not having a vote because Scotland is part of my country the United Kingdom, and Scottish heritage is as much part of my identity as it is of anyone born north of Berwick. It is right the decision on their future is reserved to Scotland but to pretend that it isn't something that anyone outside Scotland should have a stake in or a view on is the most unattractive part of the Yes side.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    80% of Yes money from Euro Millions.......two thirds the number of small donors as "No".......the two largest No donors investors in Whisky and Harris Tweed (the latter in an SNP constituency, yet routinely denounced by the SNP as a bad'un.....)

Just answer a question I did not ask, nice try
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.

Where did you get your imaginary numbers from this time.
    John Curtice;

http://blog.whatscotlandthinks.org/2014/05/poll-of-polls-8-may/

Now, if I was the SNP I would claim that i didn't have to publish my evidence, and spend a fortune in legal bills defending that right, especially if it didn't exist.....
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Sam, that's out of order. I sent it as a PM because I didn't want it broadcasting.
  • Options
    Mods, can Sam's last post be deleted, please? I meant it to remain private between us.
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Not having a vote is not the same as not having an interest. I have an interest in this despite not having a vote because Scotland is part of my country the United Kingdom, and Scottish heritage is as much part of my identity as it is of anyone born north of Berwick. It is right the decision on their future is reserved to Scotland but to pretend that it isn't something that anyone outside Scotland should have a stake in or a view on is the most unattractive part of the Yes side.
    Jim, get off your high horse. I was talking about where donations come from. Nobody said you did not have a right to be interested or have an opinion.
    However Carlotta crowing about NO donations when they take them from anyone , ie 65 million in UK alone as opposed to YES who limit to only people with a vote in the referendum is very sad and vicious. She does not berate all the billionaire and millionaire unionists for not supporting NO , in other words an arse.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Sam, that's out of order. I sent it as a PM because I didn't want it broadcasting.
    Tough.

You accused me of something I didnt do, called me a liar when I explained why I had posted what I did, "scared and pathetic" when I tried to explain again, then started writing "yawn" when I tried to defuse the situation for a fourth and fifth time...

...all because you couldnt admit you had misinterpreted a joke

• Options

Mods, can Sam's last post be deleted, please? I meant it to remain private between us.

Hoist by your own petard, OK for you to call Sam racist but you do not like your own views aired , pathetic.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Tough.

You accused me of something I didnt do, called me a liar when I explained why I had posted what I did, "scared and pathetic" when I tried to explain again, then started writing "yawn" when I tried to defuse the situation for a fourth and fifth time...

...all because you couldnt admit you had misinterptreted a joke
    Again, yawn. May I suggest you read your original post again?

All you've done tonight is show that you can't be trusted with PM's.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Jim, get off your high horse. I was talking about where donations come from. Nobody said you did not have a right to be interested or have an opinion.
    However Carlotta crowing about NO donations when they take them from anyone , ie 65 million in UK alone as opposed to YES who limit to only people with a vote in the referendum is very sad and vicious. She does not berate all the billionaire and millionaire unionists for not supporting NO , in other words an arse.
    Since you are talking out of your derrière it's a bit muffled by you being on your own high horse - YESNP's fig leaf of "only accepting money from voters" is blown away by 80% of it coming from lottery players across Europe!
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Hoist by your own petard, OK for you to call Sam racist but you do not like your own views aired , pathetic.
    When have I called him a racist?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Malcolm is infrequently detained by facts.....indeed, I fear he is a stranger to them.....

• Options
    edited May 2014

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Tough.

I linked to a Mail story about Romanian thieves and said "There's UKIP's next PPB"

It was a joke, I was being sarcastic, ribbing UKIP for being obsessed about Romanian crime. Maybe sarcasm didnt come across online, but you should have accepted my word.

You are embarrassed because you jumped the gun, I would be if I were you too, I understand.

But no more boring emails please, I am genuinely not interested in your personal life

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Roy loser and invisible

God help us.

No is winning is spite of the dire Labour team, not because of it.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Since you are talking out of your derrière it's a bit muffled by you being on your high horse - YESNP's fig leaf of "only accepting money from voters" is blown away by 80% of it coming from lottery players across Europe!
    Now you have lost the plot completely. So where did all the NO money come from , did the people find it in a field , did Ian Taylor print it himself. Sad excuse for an argument. Given the Weir's live and vote in Scotland , what is your issue with them spending their personal money how they wish. Just envy that they are not giving it to unionists, most of your millionaires are too busy grabbing more loot to bother donating.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Best case is you inferred it if not blatantly stating it. Read your own note.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    Since you are talking out of your derrière it's a bit muffled by you being on your high horse - YESNP's fig leaf of "only accepting money from voters" is blown away by 80% of it coming from lottery players across Europe!
    Now you have lost the plot completely. So where did all the NO money come from , did the people find it in a field , did Ian Taylor print it himself. Sad excuse for an argument. Given the Weir's live and vote in Scotland , what is your issue with them spending their personal money how they wish. Just envy that they are not giving it to unionists, most of your millionaires are too busy grabbing more loot to bother donating.
    80% of YESNP's money has come from Euro Lottery players. Get over it.

• Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Tough.

I linked to a Mail story about Romanian thieves and said "There's UKIP's next PPB"

It was a joke, I was being sarcastic, ribbing UKIP for being obsessed about Romanian crime. Maybe sarcasm didnt come across online, but you should have accepted my word.

You are embarrassed because you jumped the gun, I would be if I were you too, I understand.

But no more boring emails please.
    I'm not embarrassed at all, and stand by what I've written.

I'm sorry that trying to explain my position was boring. I was hoping that a little understanding might help our future conversations. It seems I was wrong, and anything said to you - even in private - is potential ammunition in your posts.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Best case is you inferred it if not blatantly stating it. Read your own note.
    How, FFS?
  • Options

MrJones said:

Would these 'rendition flights' be the same ones Home Secretary David Miliband has already apologised for?
    dunno, just trying to give them ideas
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    @Alanbrooke
    "You have a point of Cameron, but I get so bored with kippers blaming him for everything from gay marriage to the Fall of Constantinople that I give him a let. With Osborne and Cameron it's hard to work out who's the puppet and who's the puppet master. I think I've settled for self operating puppets."

We Kippers don't blame Cammo for the fall of Constantinople. We blame him for the emasculation of the Conservative Party and it's eventual fall.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Tough.

But no more boring emails please.
    I'm not embarrassed at all, and stand by what I've written.

I'm sorry that trying to explain my position was boring. I was hoping that a little understanding might help our future conversations. It seems I was wrong, and anything said to you - even in private - is potential ammunition in your posts.
    Whatever. I am not interested in your wifes nationality, who you work with, why you feel how you feel, any of it, so drop me out.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@Isam

Bob, debatable given the pasting Sam was being given in print. Josias as ever overstepped the mark , he has previous in this area and has been caught by his own sending of a PM. He could have sent it and posted more graciously to Sam in the thread, but chose not to.
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yawn.
    Speaking of yawns

(snip)

Tough.

Mr Josias,let it be,it was a joke.

• Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:

malcolmg said:

ToryJim said:
    80% of YESNP's money has come from Euro Lottery players. Get over it.

It really rankles you that despite NO having hundreds of millionaires only two two have dipped into their pockets and that only for paltry donations of £500K.
    Meanwhile YES who have only ordinary people get five time that from one couple.
    Boo Hoo it is an injustice.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    AndyJS said:

Today's Betting Mystery:

The CONS have just overtaken LAB in two polls. So, why have the constituency markets not shifted one iota?

It obviously takes time for people to react.

I mentioned earlier today that the odds in Bedford have remained the same as before. Tories are still 2/1. I placed a small bet on them just now due to yesterday's polls.
    I always thought that the polls were already a reaction by the public. Are you saying that it's the other way round and that we are being manipulated by the polling companies?
This discussion has been closed.