Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Long-Bailey gets boost in the Corbyn successor betting after t

Comments

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,163

Yvette who? She was the future once!
    It is a terrible waste. As Hodges says, easily the best person to be leader. Streets ahead of anyone else imho.

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1214261588099817472
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The Democratic primaries will be effectively wrapped up quicker than the Labour leadership race it seems

Dems started earlier, so that's not fair :smiley:
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

It is a terrible waste. As Hodges says, easily the best person to be leader. Streets ahead of anyone else imho.

No , because she doesn't want it, she never wanted it.

She was never prepared to fight for it.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,088

To be honest there is no one in the entire Parliamentary Labour Party that could hold a candle to Johnson in terms of electability. I mistakenly thought his ship had sailed, but as we have just seen he was a fantastic campaigner and his intellect is head and shoulders above anyone Labour can muster. He is, sadly, a vote gathering machine, and will be for decades.

Out there in anecdote-land the punters love him.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    isam said:

isam said:

Is it fair to say the Starmer fans seem to be those who thought the Lib Dems were the ones to be with at the last GE?

Not in my case.
    I think there are plenty though. People who didn’t want Brexit, hate Boris and Corbyn, loved ChangeUK, TIG etc and think there are lots of voters like them out there if only they can get the right salesperson. But maybe there just isn’t really a market for it outside of the political bubble
    The thing is, there clearly is a market for those views. It's just that - as recently as 2015 - the Conservatives, the Labour Party, the LibDems, the SNP, the Greens and PC were all in that same space.

Now, it's possible that what the Labour Party should do is follow the Conservatives into the fiscally lose*, socially conservative sphere (and that was, after all, their position for a long time). But I don't think that is any panacea.

* Fiscally lose is something that always looks great in the short term, but the bills eventually need to get paid.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The Democratic primaries will be effectively wrapped up quicker than the Labour leadership race it seems

You on Biden to win Iowa?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,390
    ydoethur said:

MikeL said:

Suppose the current SA/Eng Test was 4 days - it would have been a bore draw.

Instead with 5 days it's a cracking match with an almost certain result.

It is surely blindingly obvious that a huge increase in the number of draws will not be good for Test cricket. Indeed it will likely kill it.

Yes it would.

I’m just surprised you think it’s a flaw in the plan rather than the essential core of it.
    Alongside the existence of Trump’s ME strategy, that does assume the ability to plan.
  • Options

Source?
  • Options
    With the minister for truth and wingnut-in-chief now in exile, Burgon has a lot of comedic weight to carry in this parliament.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,390
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Is it fair to say the Starmer fans seem to be those who thought the Lib Dems were the ones to be with at the last GE?

Not in my case.
    I think there are plenty though. People who didn’t want Brexit, hate Boris and Corbyn, loved ChangeUK, TIG etc and think there are lots of voters like them out there if only they can get the right salesperson. But maybe there just isn’t really a market for it outside of the political bubble
    The thing is, there clearly is a market for those views. It's just that - as recently as 2015 - the Conservatives, the Labour Party, the LibDems, the SNP, the Greens and PC were all in that same space.

Now, it's possible that what the Labour Party should do is follow the Conservatives into the fiscally lose*, socially conservative sphere (and that was, after all, their position for a long time). But I don't think that is any panacea.

* Fiscally lose is something that always looks great in the short term, but the bills eventually need to get paid.
    ‘Fiscally lose‘ is good.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    edited January 2020
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

Well, there was a market for it. But since then those views have lost a referendum and two subsequent General Elections. The party touted by people holding those views to rip it up, never laid a glove on anyone. Maybe they're just not that popular anymore?

To be fair, once Brexit has been carried out and they stop whining about it, people may be more inclined to trust them again. It's all cyclical I guess
  • Options
    The Left is eating itself behind the scenes over the leadership race.

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1214187870153576448
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Watch who Margaret Beckett endorses to see who will ultimately prevail.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

Source?
    She went on holiday in the middle of the 2015 leadership election. If you really, really want the job, you don't do that.

Keith Starmer is not making plans for a holiday in March !!

I believe Yvette has suffered from ME in the past. Perhaps that has shaken her confidence, or perhaps she has always doubted her abilities. Whatever, she doesn't want the job now, and she never wanted it.
  • Options
    isam said:

Is anyone tempted by 5-1 on Leeds to win tonight's F.A cup match?

That looks like good value.
    Yes, arsenal are playing their reserve team.

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    So are Leeds
    Actually, Arsenal aren't really playing reserves. No Aubameyang or Torreira, but other than that quite strong. Looks like a 3-5-2 experiment
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Shows the depths of the issue if people honestly think Yvette Cooper is a strong option after looking at what is really available. Career politician from a well connected background. Shrill, pompous remainer. Honestly she's not a whit better than Starmer and I'm no fan of his.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,715
    isam said:

isam said:

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    So are Leeds
    Actually, Arsenal aren't really playing reserves. No Aubameyang or Torreira, but other than that quite strong. Looks like a 3-5-2 experiment
    I`m on 0-2 BF @ 55
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

Well, there was a market for it. But since then those views have lost a referendum and two subsequent General Elections. The party touted by people holding those views to rip it up, never laid a glove on anyone. Maybe they're just not that popular anymore?

To be fair, once Brexit has been carried out and they stop whining about it, people may be more inclined to trust them again. It's all cyclical I guess
    Well, it's a bit more complicated than that, because I (and for example Richard Tyndall) are socially liberal, fiscally conservative and pro-Brexit.

But let's assume that 60% of the population are FL/SC and 40% are FC/SL.

(This ignores, of course, people like Sean Fear who are FC/SC, and another bunch of people who are FL/SL.)

It isn't immediately obvious that Labour's best strategy is to share the 60% with the Conservatives rather than dominating the other 40%. I mean, it might be the better strategy, but it's far from obvious.

And here's the other thing. The Conservatives got 45% of the vote by being the party of Brexit, and the party of the SC/FL. But they also only did that well because for some of us SL/FC folk, stopping Jeremy Corbyn was the absolute dominant factor in our voting.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,715
    kinabalu said:

Stocky said:

Edit

I was just about to reply to that. Now it's gone. Strangely poignant.
    Sorry - I wasn`t happy with what I`d written and then had to nip out.
  • Options

To be honest there is no one in the entire Parliamentary Labour Party that could hold a candle to Johnson in terms of electability. I mistakenly thought his ship had sailed, but as we have just seen he was a fantastic campaigner and his intellect is head and shoulders above anyone Labour can muster. He is, sadly, a vote gathering machine, and will be for decades.

It didnt feel that good two days before the election when he couldnt look hat a photo of a child on a phone and had been reduced to a bumbling fool.... Hindsight now proclaims him a genius...
  • Options

With the minister for truth and wingnut-in-chief now in exile, Burgon has a lot of comedic weight to carry in this parliament.
    I see the reputation of Tottenham Hotspur has been saved, you're not the poundshop West Ham or Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/06/tottenham-investigation-finds-no-evidence-of-alleged-racism-against-chelseas-rudiger
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that, because I (and for example Richard Tyndall) are socially liberal, fiscally conservative and pro-Brexit.

(This ignores, of course, people like Sean Fear who are FC/SC, and another bunch of people who are FL/SL.)

It isn't immediately obvious that Labour's best strategy is to share the 60% with the Conservatives rather than dominating the other 40%. I mean, it might be the better strategy, but it's far from obvious.

And here's the other thing. The Conservatives got 45% of the vote by being the party of Brexit, and the party of the SC/FL. But they also only did that well because for some of us SL/FC folk, stopping Jeremy Corbyn was the absolute dominant factor in our voting.
    Could be! We will see
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,955
    edited January 2020
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

You on Biden to win Iowa?
    Even Super Tuesday will be over by 3rd March, a month before the Labour Leadership result is announced
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/08/14/left-wing-vs-right-wing-its-complicated
  • Options

What is his point? That Burgon really believed this was the first time Leeds had played Arsenal? This modern habit of piling in on what are obviously jokes can be quite tiresome. Trouble is, it works, so people will keep doing it.
  • Options

It didnt feel that good two days before the election when he couldnt look hat a photo of a child on a phone and had been reduced to a bumbling fool.... Hindsight now proclaims him a genius...
    Anecdote alert.The hospital incident has been explained to me as an exposition of his vulnerability, which was seen as a positive. Labour were also seen to be exploiting a personal tragedy. I was told by several hi-visibility clothing wearers that his JCB driving and milk delivering demonstrated that he is an authentic grafter. My interpretation of these activities was the polar opposite.

Almost 45% of voters like what they see. The general consensus is Boris' cheery optimism will see us through the hard times to come. Compare and contrast with the sour-faced Labour leadership debacle.
  • Options

Boris is electable but is he a great campaigner? Has he really converted the country to Borisism? Has he even persuaded Conservative MPs?
  • Options

Anecdote alert.The hospital incident has been explained to me as an exposition of his vulnerability, which was seen as a positive. Labour were also seen to be exploiting a personal tragedy. I was told by several hi-visibility clothing wearers that his JCB driving and milk delivering demonstrated that he is an authentic grafter. My interpretation of these activities was the polar opposite.

Almost 45% of voters like what they see. The general consensus is Boris' cheery optimism will see us through the hard times to come. Compare and contrast with the sour-faced Labour leadership debacle.
    Labour revelled in their sourness. Bossy finger wagging puritans pleasuring each other with ever rising peaks of outrage over how awful life was in modern day Britain.

They had literally talked themselves into thinking that the nation over the last decade had descended into some Dickensian dystopia of millions of impoverished children starving and homeless, and if you didnt share their outrage you were morally defective.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

The question of today is why anyone wouldn't be "socially liberal, fiscally conservative and pro-Brexit."

Oh yeah. that'll be Labour. Lavery vs Starmer, spend, and wibble.

• Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Labour revelled in their sourness. Bossy finger wagging puritans pleasuring each other with ever rising peaks of outrage over how awful life was in modern day Britain.

They had literally talked themselves into thinking that the nation over the last decade had descended into some Dickensian dystopia of millions of impoverished children starving and homeless, and if you didnt share their outrage you were morally defective.
    Pretty much the perfect summation of Labour's onanistic miserabilism. It's like they were describing some foreign country in the grip of famine, dictatorship, or natural disaster that most people simply didn't recognise...
  • Options

People just don’t warm to moaners, and I have to say that lefties, in my experience, seem more likely to be complaining about things. I guess that’s a feature of being the underdog and the supporter of underdog causes, but maybe best not for the leader to be seen that way

• Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    The US are actually pulling out of Iraq the mad bastards.

https://twitter.com/joyce_karam/status/1214277318815952896?s=21
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,664
    edited January 2020

The Left is eating itself behind the scenes over the leadership race.

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1214187870153576448

To emerge stronger it may first need to be leaner, at least for a time.
  • Options

By and large they are right. It is just that people who vote didn't believe them.

Mark my words when it gets worse we on the left can carp and whinge with impunity, but still no one will believe us in the face of Boris' jaunty disposition.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,001
    I suppose one looking for the real sources of Labour support or of the depth of Labour's defeat would ask why the age gap is so much bigger than the class gap, and then not focus on the class / poverty rhetoric as much as what it says about young people's expectations/fears versus old people.
  • Options
    isam said:

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    So are Leeds
    Pundits incorrect as usual.

Arsenal full team on.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

isam said:

isam said:

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    So are Leeds
    I`m on 0-2 BF @ 55
    Good bet.
  • Options

Rightfully so, they shouldn't be in any other countries.
  • Options

Boris is electable but is he a great campaigner? Has he really converted the country to Borisism? Has he even persuaded Conservative MPs?
    Most MPs don't need persuasding of things, they're loyalists without massive ambition who will follow a leader who led them to victory. Not many people have the fire necessary to cause trouble.

As for Boris and whether he is a good campaigner, it's the eternal question of if he is genuinely great at it or simply good enough to defeat Corbyn, I dont think we can know for sure. He doesn't need to convert the masses to Borisism to dominate. From what I can tell if you're leader long enough people will just pretend you have an ism even if you don't.
  • Options
    I'd also say someone really interested in critical thought about their country, as oppose to partisanship one way or the other, would ask why opinions about Johnson and in his day Cameron were constructed to be so much more positive that Corbyn, Miliband, Brown and even Clegg, anyone who was a meaningful threat.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

How about Iran's revolutionary guards?

Or Russians, or Chinese?

by the way - people realise that vote by the Iraqi's was non binding right?
  • Options
    NorthernPowerhouseNorthernPowerhouse Posts: 557
    edited January 2020
    If ive just heard right, Margaret Hodge has just endorsed Jess Philips on LBC.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/08/14/left-wing-vs-right-wing-its-complicated
    That's a really fascinating analysis. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,471
    edited January 2020
    Happy New Year everyone. My first post of 2020.

I'm currently working on a spreadsheet featuring the running totals for the 2019 general election as the results came in during the night.

Spent the new year in Boston, MA where the crowds were so well-behaved it was a bit disconcerting. No alcohol allowed in public of course.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Or Russians, or Chinese?

USA could sort Israel-Palestine out but yet trump let's innocent children get tortured and murdered on a daily basis.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Not in my case.
    The thing is, therething that always looks great in the short term, but the bills eventually need to get paid.

That's a really fascinating analysis. Thanks for sharing.
    Framing politics in terms of left-wing and right-wing might be simple for politicians, and comforting to activists, but it seems that these terms just aren’t that useful for talking about - or indeed to - the general public

That is, it's nonsense*. And that you can appeal to supposed left wingers with supposedly right wing policies, and supposed right wingers with left wing policies, if framed right, from the right person, or in the right situation and context.

*Ok, not total nonsense, it's good for generalities, whilst making the treating the two as immutable moral opponents as nonsense.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Or Russians, or Chinese?

Iraq is majority Shia, just like Iran, in case you missed it...
  • Options

ISIS will be pleased. I am assuming Trump and his boys have war-gamed this to the nth degree.
  • Options

ISIS will be pleased. I am assuming Trump and his boys have war-gamed this to the nth degree.
    ISIS were pleased in northern Syria...
  • Options

It's only a matter of time but unfortunately it'll be innocent civilians who will die.
  • Options

"Time for Peace. Time to Go."

:innocent:
  • Options
    Wes should be leader - eventually!
  • Options
    Martinez has just made the save of the FA cup.
  • Options

Wes should be leader - eventually!

Of the boy scouts?
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595

Source?
    She went on holiday in the middle of the 2015 leadership election. If you really, really want the job, you don't do that.

Keith Starmer is not making plans for a holiday in March !!

I believe Yvette has suffered from ME in the past. Perhaps that has shaken her confidence, or perhaps she has always doubted her abilities. Whatever, she doesn't want the job now, and she never wanted it.
    She really should have stood in 2010 instead of her husband.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748

Floater said:

Or Russians, or Chinese?

USA could sort Israel-Palestine out but yet trump let's innocent children get tortured and murdered on a daily basis.
    Your post is wrong in every way.

The US doesn't have the will to shape the middle-east. What goes on there is little to do with Trump. He doesn't let children be tortured and murdered - it's just not his responsibility.

The US could do some stuff. What would you like them to do?

• Options
    EPG said:

I'd also say someone really interested in critical thought about their country, as oppose to partisanship one way or the other, would ask why opinions about Johnson and in his day Cameron were constructed to be so much more positive that Corbyn, Miliband, Brown and even Clegg, anyone who was a meaningful threat.

Those opinions weren't "constructed" at all, certainly not in the case of Corbyn. Since Britain has always been in essence a centre-right country, the further left the politician, the more they are by definition in opposition to the country's millennium-old character. Corbyn wanted to overturn pretty much every part of the UK's existing social and economic structure, and didn't have a single good word to say about any of it. That fact was not lost on the voters.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,299
    edited January 2020
    PB EXCLUSIVE

Here’s the kit Liverpool will be playing in, in their FA Cup fourth round match versus Bristol City or Shrewsbury.

• Options
    Omnium said:

Floater said:

Or Russians, or Chinese?

The US doesn't have the will to shape the middle-east. What goes on there is little to do with Trump. He doesn't let children be tortured and murdered - it's just not his responsibility.

Recognise Palestine for starters? Like 138 other UN member states have done?
  • Options

EPG said:

Those opinions weren't "constructed" at all, certainly not in the case of Corbyn. Since Britain has always been in essence a centre-right country, the further left the politician, the more they are by definition in opposition to the country's millennium-old character. Corbyn wanted to overturn pretty much every part of the UK's existing social and economic structure, and didn't have a single good word to say about any of it. That fact was not lost on the voters.

What a load of dross. Boris won by going economically further to the left than Cameron.
  • Options
    speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981

This is also significant, Israel throwing America under the bus on the Iran War.
    The United States have no allies on this.

https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1214249290303987713
  • Options
    Sky reporting the US are not leaving Iraq though some will be redeployed
  • Options

EPG said:

What a load of dross. Boris won by going economically further to the left than Cameron.
    Is tilting to the left on investment a fundamental challenge to the country's character? No, it isn't. Corbyn went far left on both economics and culture, and got creamed as a result.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

By any normal measure that is a victory for Iran. Trump has completely screwed up.
  • Options

PB EXCLUSIVE

Here’s the kit Liverpool will be playing in, in their FA Cup fourth round match versus Bristol City or Shrewsbury.

• Options

EPG said:

Is tilting to the left on investment a fundamental challenge to the country's character? No, it isn't. Corbyn went far left on both economics and culture, and got creamed as a result.
    I’m not disputing that Corbyn got creamed but your mad assertions about Britain being a “right wing” country and nonsense about “national character” is just dross.

Remember only 42.5% voted Tory.
  • Options
    glw said:

By any normal measure that is a victory for Iran. Trump has completely screwed up.
    Yup. Iran will fill the power vacuum.
  • Options

EPG said:

I’m not disputing that Corbyn got creamed but your mad assertions about Britain being a “right wing” country and nonsense about “national character” is just dross.

Only 32.2% voted Labour...
  • Options

EPG said:

Who constructed that essence? Unless it's a genetic phenotype, it's constructed by somebody.
  • Options

EPG said:

Which is a huge amount considering!

Lib + Lab got more votes than the Tories. Right-wing my ass.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Floater said:

Or Russians, or Chinese?

Tell Israel to cease and If they don't, kill them.

Isn't Iraq or Iran the middle East?
  • Options
    @Omnium

For the record, Israel is funded by USA.
  • Options

@Omnium

Israel would still be the most developed state in the ME even without US ‘funding’ so I’m not sure what point you’re making
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,140
    maaarsh said:

Shows the depths of the issue if people honestly think Yvette Cooper is a strong option after looking at what is really available. Career politician from a well connected background. Shrill, pompous remainer. Honestly she's not a whit better than Starmer and I'm no fan of his.

She's not shrill.
  • Options

EPG said:

Con 365
    Lab 202
    LDs..... 11 [stifles snigger]
  • Options

@Omnium

Israel would still be the most developed state in the ME even without US ‘funding’ so I’m not sure what point you’re making
    Prince Charles is going to visit Israel, hopefully he sorts something.

They've already threatened him.

If USA didn't fund Israel, there would be less people dying.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,544
    glw said:

If the US does do the chicken run, then Iran has the final victory, without a further shot being fired. It's helicopters off the roof time in Baghdad, 45 years on from Saigon.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,911

@Omnium

Fewer people
  • Options

@Omnium

Fewer people
    For the many not the less :lol:
  • Options

@Omnium

Fewer people
    Thank you Einstein.
  • Options

EPG said:

Con 365
    Lab 202
    Yes. No-one is disputing that Con won the election.
  • Options

@Omnium

Fewer people
    For the many not the less :lol:
    😃
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Foxy said:

glw said:

If the US does do the chicken run, then Iran has the final victory, without a further shot being fired. It's helicopters off the roof time in Baghdad, 45 years on from Saigon.
    If Iran had known that all it would take to get the US out of Iraq was the death of Soleimani on Iraqi soil they would have arranged his death themselves.
  • Options
    It might disappoint Tory Eurosceptics but the vast majority of Brexit voters probably couldn’t care less
  • Options

@Omnium

Fewer people
    Thank you Einstein.
    Just upholding the fine traditions of PedanticBetting.com
  • Options
    isam said:

It might disappoint Tory Eurosceptics but the vast majority of Brexit voters probably couldn’t care less
    So what on earth do they care about?
  • Options

EPG said:

Remember only 43.6% voted Tory.

Con 365
    Lab 202
    Your vote-share totals are wrong, BTW!
    Con+BXP+UKIP+UUP+DUP = 43.6+2.0+0.1+0.3+0.8 = 46.8%

Lab+LD+SNP+SF+SDLP+APNI+PC+Grn = 32.2+11.6+3.9+0.6+0.4+0.4+0.5+2.7+0.1 = 52.4%
  • Options

isam said:

Mass immigration’s effect on the British labour market
  • Options

EPG said:

Actually 43.6% - the highest vote share for any party since the Blessed Margaret's first victory in 1979 :smiley:
  • Options

isam said:

Ending free movement and replacing it with a points system and we will still be leaving the Single Market and Customs Union regardless
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Foxy said:

glw said:

Apparently not all US troops will be withdrawn but given the Iraqi government is mainly Shia and pro Iran, unless the US reinstalls former allies of Saddam or lets IS back in there is little alternative.

Trump of course opposed the Iraq invasion anyway
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

EPG said:

Actually 43.6% - the highest vote share for any party since the Blessed Margaret's first victory in 1979 :smiley:
    Just rejoice at that news. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    isam said:

isam said:

Mass immigration’s effect on the British labour market
    I mean that’s nonsense but OK. Blyth for example is 99% white. “Mass immigration“ has had no effect on the labour market there.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

isam said:

Ending free movement and replacing it with a points system and we will still be leaving the Single Market and Customs Union regardless
    Yawn.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,116

EPG said:

Remember only 43.6% voted Tory.

Con 365
    Lab 202
    Your vote-share totals are wrong, BTW!
    Con+BXP+UKIP+UUP+DUP = 43.6+2.0+0.1+0.3+0.8 = 46.8%

Lab+LD+SNP+SF+SDLP+APNI+PC+Grn = 32.2+11.6+3.9+0.6+0.4+0.4+0.5+2.7+0.1 = 52.4%
    If the first row is meant to be right and far right, shouldn’t Labour be in it?

*grabs tinfoil hat and ducks*

Good night.
This discussion has been closed.