Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Long-Bailey gets boost in the Corbyn successor betting after t

SystemSystem Posts: 11,007
edited January 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Long-Bailey gets boost in the Corbyn successor betting after the NEC announce the contest rules

We’ve now got the timetable for the LAB leadership election and already critics are saying that the party’s NEC is making it easier for Rebecca Long Bailey. This is from HuffPost’s, Paul Waugh.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,909
    Think a Starmer-Jess dream ticket is probably the way forward for Labour. Not sure Rebecca makes the ballot given the in-fighting on the left wing of the party re: boosterising the bully boy Lavery.
  • Options
    Richard N’s post on the earlier thread is spot on. Opportunity knocks for Labour - IF they get this hire right. Big if.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say Keir is 52%.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,715
    Anyone got any views about whether BF`s 14 about Nandy is value?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Richard N’s post on the earlier thread is spot on. Opportunity knocks for Labour - IF they get this hire right. Big if.

They need to get the hire right and the hire needs too purge the loony left. Spartan if.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Personally I think it's between Keir and Rebecca.

The rest are just made up random numbers.
  • Options
    If Labour were as democratic as they like to pretend they would make the ballot open to anyone that cares over the age of 18 with no fee required.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,249
    fpt

The difficulty Lab had at 10.01pm on May 7th 2015 was what did Lab offer that the Cons didn't as they were within a gnat's crochet of each other around the centre of British politics. And there followed with several Ed-type centre leftists and...The Jezziah!

Well he was different, but we saw what the British public thought of that. The question remains, however: what is, or should be the difference between the Cons and Lab. Take Brexit out (which is not a left/right issue) and the answer lies in how much people think the Cons have moved to the right. Has it done so? Perhaps. We shall see how Dom and the ERG shape up. If so there is merit in having a sensible centre left type, eg Starmer in charge of Lab.

If not, then I don't think it matters and the Party might well elect a Corbyn-lite candidate because otherwise what is the line to differentiate themselves.
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2020
    A long way to go, obviously, but if Starmer does win, who do people reckon he'll appoint as Shadow Chancellor? Given the circumstances, its probably going to have to be a woman, and should ideally be someone with an actual background in economics. Rachel Reeves, maybe? She'd certainly be an excellent choice, though it'd piss off the Corbynites.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161

A long way to go, obviously, but if Starmer does win, who do people reckon he'll appoint as Shadow Chancellor? Given the circumstances, its probably going to have to be a woman, and should ideally be someone with an actual background in economics. Rachel Reeves, maybe? She'd certainly be an excellent choice, though it'd piss of the Corbynites.

Burgon.
  • Options
    It hasn't been the most auspicious start to the year for Boris - what with Dom's recruitment silliness and Trump's starting WW3. But Boris can probably revive the magic on Brexit Day in a few weeks' time. But he'll want to keep that party rolling till 2024.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,059
    TOPPING said:

fpt

The difficulty Lab had at 10.01pm on May 7th 2015 was what did Lab offer that the Cons didn't as they were within a gnat's crochet of each other around the centre of British politics. And there followed with several Ed-type centre leftists and...The Jezziah!

Well he was different, but we saw what the British public thought of that. The question remains, however: what is, or should be the difference between the Cons and Lab. Take Brexit out (which is not a left/right issue) and the answer lies in how much people think the Cons have moved to the right. Has it done so? Perhaps. We shall see how Dom and the ERG shape up. If so there is merit in having a sensible centre left type, eg Starmer in charge of Lab.

If not, then I don't think it matters and the Party might well elect a Corbyn-lite candidate because otherwise what is the line to differentiate themselves.

Johnson's government will live or die by the success or otherwise of Brexit. Whoever wins the Labour leadership election is at the mercy of Johnson's fortune. Ian Lavery excepted.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited January 2020
    Some observations on the process:

1. I would guess that around five candidates could get past the first hurdle of 10% (i..e. 22) MPs/MEPs.

2. However the second-stage hurdle of the CLPs and affiliates changes the dynamic in an interesting way: under the old rules, there wasn't much of a disincentive for MPs to back multiple candidates who fished in the same pond, because the AV system in the final vote meant that support could be expected to transfer between similarly-positioned candidates. This time it is different: candidates with similar appeal may knock each other out at the CLP hurdle unless they have the backing of the big unions.

3. Therefore it is hugely important that MPs do the initial pre-selection to ensure that there aren't too many candidates fishing in the same ponds. Will they take this on board? If they do, the field might thin out very rapidly.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    Thank you to whoever tipped pre-Xmas that the Corbyn exit date would be after March - nice one !
  • Options
    ExiledInScotlandExiledInScotland Posts: 1,503
    edited January 2020
    The current leadership and Momentum have waited decades for their hard left faction to hold the levers of power within Labour. They will not admit failure and walk away. They are more for purity than winning. They will mobilise for their chosen candidate rather than accept a leader who can attract swing voters. The only candidates so far who get my attention are Nandy and Phillips. I think Starmer too tied to the Brexit-denialism of the old parliament and Long Bailey to be ridiculous.

Edit: corrected typos due to my mild dyslexia
  • Options

A long way to go, obviously, but if Starmer does win, who do people reckon he'll appoint as Shadow Chancellor? Given the circumstances, its probably going to have to be a woman, and should ideally be someone with an actual background in economics. Rachel Reeves, maybe? She'd certainly be an excellent choice, though it'd piss of the Corbynites.

Burgon.
    Nah, leadership material...in some dystopian nightmare.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    And yet RLB hasn't officially declared yet....

This is starting to look strange.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704

The current leadership and Momentum have waited decades for their hard left faction to hold the levers of power within Labour. They will not admit failure and walk away. They are more for purity than winning. They will mobilise for their chosen candidate rather than accept a leader who can attract swing voters. The only candidate so far who get my attention Nandy and Phillips. I think Starmer too tied to the Brexit-denialism of the old parliament and Long Bailey to be ridiculous

That leaves???

The only game changer I can see is McDonnell. If he enters the race, then the dynamics of the entire situation are different.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

fpt

Johnson's government will live or die by the success or otherwise of Brexit. Whoever wins the Labour leadership election is at the mercy of Johnson's fortune. Ian Lavery excepted.
    Praps. Will people notice one way or another? My estimation of Brexit is that it will be a 2p on beer and fags experience. Everyone poorer but nothing that will have people marching in the streets.

There will be some cobbled together trade deal in time for the deadline this year which will sap peoples' attention further from an already diminished level (I bet a large number of people think that by Johnson winning the election, Brexit was done). Then there will be some nitty gritty terms of trade to go through over the subsequent years and by that time no one will care and there will be enough "wins" to announce at the right time for Cons' momentum to be renewed.
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

Thank you to whoever tipped pre-Xmas that the Corbyn exit date would be after March - nice one !

I take a bow
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

fpt

I think you have missed two crucial points and many non-tribal Conservatives have missed one of them.

First is that in the 2017 election, Corbyn was popular. Second is that even leaving aside Brexit, Boris's Conservatives are the polar opposite of David Cameron's on two other key dimensions.

Cameron governments: socially liberal and fiscally conservative.
    Now (and thanks to Dom): socially conservative and fiscally loose.

So what is it that Labour must oppose? I suppose we shall find out in due course but for the leadership race, an answer is needed rather sooner. It is even harder for LibDems who must differentiate themselves from both the main parties.
  • Options

The current leadership and Momentum have waited decades for their hard left faction to hold the levers of power within Labour. They will not admit failure and walk away. They are more for purity than winning. They will mobilise for their chosen candidate rather than accept a leader who can attract swing voters. The only candidates so far who get my attention are Nandy and Phillips. I think Starmer too tied to the Brexit-denialism of the old parliament and Long Bailey to be ridiculous.

If Jon Lansmann wants another shot at a full hundred seat majority landslide for Boris, which he only just failed to achieve on December 12th, he must push for a continuity Corbyn candidate. If he would like to see a Labour government he would be best served by keeping quiet.
  • Options

Hmm. So your tip would be... who?
  • Options

If Jon Lansmann wants another shot at a full hundred seat majority landslide for Boris, which he only just failed to achieve on December 12th, he must push for a continuity Corbyn candidate. If he would like to see a Labour government he would be best served by keeping quiet.
    Lansmann only failed to achieve it by virtue of his pals The Brexit Party.
  • Options

Be careful here. Momentum has not waited decades for anything. It was only founded in 2015 as a sort of Jeremy Corbyn fan club. I suspect (dyor here!) many or even most of its members are not old tankies at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Long Bailey is ridiculous and Phillips (the dinner lady) is OK?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited January 2020

The current leadership and Momentum have waited decades for their hard left faction to hold the levers of power within Labour. They will not admit failure and walk away. They are more for purity than winning. They will mobilise for their chosen candidate rather than accept a leader who can attract swing voters. The only candidate so far who get my attention Nandy and Phillips. I think Starmer too tied to the Brexit-denialism of the old parliament and Long Bailey to be ridiculous

That leaves???

The only game changer I can see is McDonnell. If he enters the race, then the dynamics of the entire situation are different.
    I don't think he will, but I (or at least my wallet) would love it if he won.

The optimist in me hopes that maybe the RLB delay in declaration is due to discussions to place Mcdonell as leader and RLB deputy for a period while she gains profile and experience so that when he resigns in her favour she is ready for the gig....

Edit to add that John McD is probably the best media performer on the Left.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,645

Be careful here. Momentum has not waited decades for anything. It was only founded in 2015 as a sort of Jeremy Corbyn fan club. I suspect (dyor here!) many or even most of its members are not old tankies at all.
    Those who direct it and inspire it are though, which is surely relevant.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Lansmann only failed to achieve it by virtue of his pals The Brexit Party.
    Very true.
  • Options
    philiph said:

That leaves???

The optimist in me hopes that maybe the RLB delay in declaration is due to discussions to place Mcdonell as leader and RLB deputy for a period while she gains profile and experience so that when he resigns in her favour she is ready for the gig....

Lord help us.
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the current leadership and momentum are not necessarily campaigning for the same candidate.

Momentum appear to be favouring RLB, but there's a big push from somewhere for Ian Lavery - and that appears to be coming from Unite and others in the leader's team. There were outriders over the last few days pushing Lavery, and against Starmer/Phillips, but they are also now coming out against RLB and John Lansman specifically.
  • Options

If Jon Lansmann wants another shot at a full hundred seat majority landslide for Boris, which he only just failed to achieve on December 12th
    He might actually want that, without realising it. It would mean that in Boris a new Thatcher figure would emerge to inspire such long hatred, and that hatred seems most important to his acolytes.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    YC now 50/1
    Thornberry 100/1
    He’s Philips 20/1

Women on the rise - price wise...
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited January 2020
    philiph said:

That leaves???

My gut is telling me that RLB really does not want to run, but has had pressure heaped upon her to do so. The Lavery ramping from the SWP wing has shaken her enough to dig her heels in.
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525
    philiph said:

The optimist in me hopes that maybe the RLB delay in declaration is due to discussions to place Mcdonell as leader and RLB deputy

It looks to me like the delay is because she's not got the support of all the main players on the left.

• Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,907
    This inbuilt advantage stuff is pretty thin as far as I can see. Momentum are something like 10% of the membership? And they won't vote as a bloc anyway.

I watched Starmers video and was impressed. More generally, I think the standard of candidates is much higher this time than in 2015, when it was SpAds vs Corbyn.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

If Jon Lansmann wants another shot at a full hundred seat majority landslide for Boris, which he only just failed to achieve on December 12th
    He might actually want that, without realising it. It would mean that in Boris a new Thatcher figure would emerge to inspire such long hatred, and that hatred seems most important to his acolytes.
    Quite possibly. He will be too old to enjoy the revolution when it finally arrives though.
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

This inbuilt advantage stuff is pretty thin as far as I can see. Momentum are something like 10% of the membership? And they won't vote as a bloc anyway.

I watched Starmers video and was impressed. More generally, I think the standard of candidates is much higher this time than in 2015, when it was SpAds vs Corbyn.

It wasn't the Piers Morgan/Starmer video then.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

philiph said:

That leaves???

My gut is telling me that RLB really does not want to run, but has had pressure heaped upon her to do so. The Lavery ramping from the SWP wing has shaken her enough to dig her heels in.
    I'm sure you are right. It looks like there is a deep seated reason for non declaration. I don't believe there is a massive campaign in the dark and shadowy background, as that would almost certainly leaked by now.

Does not want to run, or does not want to run at this time? I think anyone sane would not want to run.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    Is it fair to say the Starmer fans seem to be those who thought the Lib Dems were the ones to be with at the last GE?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    edited January 2020
    philiph said:

Anorak said:

philiph said:

That leaves???

I'm sure you are right. It looks like there is a deep seated reason for non declaration. I don't believe there is a massive campaign in the dark and shadowy background, as that would almost certainly leaked by now.

Does not want to run, or does not want to run at this time? I think anyone sane would not want to run.
    Aware of her own capabilities? This era gets more like the English Civil War by the day.
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

YC now 50/1
    Thornberry 100/1
    He’s Philips 20/1

Women on the rise - price wise...

Save your money.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Anorak said:

philiph said:

That leaves???

Why not? You are assuming Boris' invincibility. He may not be invincible and someone non-conservative and sensible could become PM.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129
    Stocky said:

Yes, I do. It's value IMO and I'm on. Soft Left, good on TV, relatable, Brexit proof, woman.

Wed night I'm going to a party meeting about all this so on Thursday I should be brimming with further insight and scuttlebutt.
  • Options
    Yvette who? She was the future once!
  • Options
    Is anyone tempted by 5-1 on Leeds to win tonight's F.A cup match?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    Well this is positive news. Can’t say I’m holding my breath though.

https://twitter.com/chroniclelive/status/1214238448946745351?s=21
  • Options

kle4 said:

Quite possibly. He will be too old to enjoy the revolution when it finally arrives though.
    Revolutions often disappoint. He likely knows that.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    kinabalu said:

Stocky said:

Yes, I do. It's value IMO and I'm on. Soft Left, good on TV, relatable, Brexit proof, woman.

Wed night I'm going to a party meeting about all this so on Thursday I should be brimming with further insight and scuttlebutt.
    Edit
  • Options

That looks like good value.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    edited January 2020
    Answer to Quiz on previous thread:

Q: Three surnames to cover every US GE 1952 to 2004, EXCEPT ONE.

@rcs1000 got the 3rd name (Dole). Nobody got the missing year.

Answer: Nixon, Dole, Bush.

Only GE missing: 1964

Nixon - 52, 56, 60, 68, 72

Dole - 76, 96

Bush - 80, 84, 88, 92, 2000, 04

Clever how Dole fills two gaps, leaving 1964 as the only year not covered.
  • Options

Yes, arsenal are playing their reserve team.

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,597
    isam said:

Is it fair to say the Starmer fans seem to be those who thought the Lib Dems were the ones to be with at the last GE?

Not in my case.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Revolutions often disappoint. He likely knows that.
    One would have thought that was a salutary lesson he learned last month, although it was probably down to the corrupt forces of capitalism, so he might as well try again.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924

Wonder what promises he can make about Nissan!
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Dole - 76, 96

Cheers. The "or Dem" reference was a red herring then!
  • Options

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    Being a Baggie, I would like to see Leeds get caught up in a really, really long cup run.
  • Options

Why not? You are assuming Boris' invincibility. He may not be invincible and someone non-conservative and sensible could become PM.

Indeed. The Opposition Leader is one step from being PM and this is a deeply unpredictable world.
  • Options

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    How will you know the difference?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Indeed. The Opposition Leader is one step from being PM and this is a deeply unpredictable world.
    Unless your name is Jeremy Corbyn or Ian Lavery.
  • Options

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    Being a Baggie, I would like to see Leeds get caught up in a really, really long cup run.
    There you are now.

West Brom are playing well under a great manager.
  • Options

MikeL said:

Dole - 76, 96

Cheers. The "or Dem" reference was a red herring then!
    Yes - should be too easy if say Republican!

Though even then nobody thinks of Dole - especially as there is a 20 year gap between his (only) two appearances. I wonder if that is itself a record?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    Alistair said:
    Of those, the one that must worry President Trump is Pennsylvania. It has 20 electoral college votes, and went Trump by just 0.8%.
  • Options

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    There you are now.

West Brom are playing well under a great manager.
    Christmas results were as usual disastrous.
  • Options
    philiph said:

That leaves???

The very person who went on the record on 13th December accepting full responsibility for Labour's most disasterous election result since 1983. Should his reward for failure really be that he becomes de jure as well as de facto leader?
  • Options
    philiph said:

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    Don't you know what way handicap betting works?
  • Options

Jez came close in 2017. Indeed he went odds on in-running at one point on election night. As for Lavery, no way will he be Labour leader IMO but if he did win this contest - well then, yes, massive recession under "Boris" plus constant sleazy scandal, and the Lav would have a decent shot at PM.
  • Options

philiph said:

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    Don't you know what way handicap betting works?
    It was a sarcastic comment on the poor quality of arsenal 1st team.

I would love an explanation of handicap betting, thanks.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Jez came close in 2017. Indeed he went odds on in-running at one point on election night. As for Lavery, no way will he be Labour leader IMO but if he did win this contest - well then, yes, massive recession under "Boris" plus constant sleazy scandal, and the Lav would have a decent shot at PM.
    Boris could be filmed eating live kittens and he would still win a landslide against Lavery.
  • Options

It's only goal difference but West Brom surely will get top two?
  • Options

It's only goal difference but West Brom surely will get top two?

I would like to think so, but they have shipped a truck load of points up to Yorkshire in the last two weeks.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Edit

I was just about to reply to that. Now it's gone. Strangely poignant.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,936

If Labour were as democratic as they like to pretend they would make the ballot open to anyone that cares over the age of 18 with no fee required.

I thought they were in favour of votes for 16 year olds?
  • Options

That was Ed's big idea. All the PB Tories paid their £3 and duly elected Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister in waiting.

That went very well for Conservative supporters but not so much for the rest of us.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

Alistair said:
    Of those, the one that must worry President Trump is Pennsylvania. It has 20 electoral college votes, and went Trump by just 0.8%.
    An instructive state for my, its all about Differential turnout, hypothesis.

Trump improved the Republican score by 1.59 percentage points
    Clinton dropped the Dem vote by 4.51 percentage points
  • Options

That was Ed's big idea. All the PB Tories paid their £3 and duly elected Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister in waiting.

That went very well for Conservative supporters but not so much for the rest of us.
    Yes. The biggest win of recent political times aside from Nigel and the ERG was the three quidders. Directly contributed to a Cons govt for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Suppose the current SA/Eng Test was 4 days - it would have been a bore draw.

Instead with 5 days it's a cracking match with an almost certain result.

It is surely blindingly obvious that a huge increase in the number of draws will not be good for Test cricket. Indeed it will likely kill it.
  • Options
    NorthernPowerhouseNorthernPowerhouse Posts: 557
    edited January 2020

And here is what we used to refer to as "the red wall", it is rumoured that this area was once dominated by Labour MPs, but once is was weakened it collapsed entirely.

• Options

Shrapps is right to reject devolution to the utterly nonsensical “North of Tyne” mayor. The mayoralty should be Greater Newcastle.

Then build a metro extension to the SW of the city region - Winlaton, Blaydon, Swalwell etc - which are effectively cut off from the city centre by crappy bus services.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

This site is wonderful - when the history books are written re how close Corbyn came to becoming PM I wonder if they'll say "he went odds on in-running"?

They should say it - it's easy to look back and laugh now but just think - at one point "he was odds on in-running" - how scary is that?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077

Shrapps is right to reject devolution to the utterly nonsensical “North of Tyne” mayor. The mayoralty should be Greater Newcastle.

Then build a metro extension to the SW of the city region - Winlaton, Blaydon, Swalwell etc - which are effectively cut off from the city centre by crappy bus services.
    Gateshead and South Tyneside were supposed to be part of it but the small-minded councilors decided they didn’t want to.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,294
    edited January 2020
    So the results are announced on the 4th of April, the same day as the Grand National, I wonder if we can get an accumulator going.
  • Options

And here is what we used to refer to as "the red wall", it is rumoured that this area was once dominated by Labour MPs, but once is was weakened it collapsed entirely.

Don’t give up the day job.
  • Options

Gateshead and South Tyneside were supposed to be part of it but the small-minded councilors decided they didn’t want to.
    It shouldn’t be up to those losers. It should have been imposed.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109
    MikeL said:

Suppose the current SA/Eng Test was 4 days - it would have been a bore draw.

Instead with 5 days it's a cracking match with an almost certain result.

It is surely blindingly obvious that a huge increase in the number of draws will not be good for Test cricket. Indeed it will likely kill it.

Yes it would.

I’m just surprised you think it’s a flaw in the plan rather than the essential core of it.
  • Options

Leeds +2 goals 4-6
    Leeds +3 goals 1-4
    So are Leeds
  • Options

It's quite remarkable just how destructive and resistant councillors can be to something shakes up a cosy system. A weak government cant be bold in the face of resistance. Now they can just do it!
  • Options

isam said:

Not in my case.
    I think there are plenty though. People who didn’t want Brexit, hate Boris and Corbyn, loved ChangeUK, TIG etc and think there are lots of voters like them out there if only they can get the right salesperson. But maybe there just isn’t really a market for it outside of the political bubble
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    The Democratic primaries will be effectively wrapped up quicker than the Labour leadership race it seems
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Stocky said:

TGOHF666 said:

I take a bow
    Thanks Stocky. My winnings more than balance my loss on Angela Rayner for Leader.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    rcs1000 said:

Alistair said:
    Note Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida and Iowa and Virginia are not included though
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited January 2020
    MikeL said:

kinabalu said:

This site is wonderful - when the history books are written re how close Corbyn came to becoming PM I wonder if they'll say "he went odds on in-running"?

They should say it - it's easy to look back and laugh now but just think - at one point "he was odds on in-running" - how scary is that?
    It's the main reason why Labour shouldn't be trusted with government again until the entire far-left apparatus has been purged...

More amusingly, history should also record that Corbynism's best electoral performance produced almost exactly the same seat totals as New Labour's worst electoral defeat :wink:
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,331

Stocky said:

TGOHF666 said:

I take a bow
    Thanks Stocky. My winnings more than balance my loss on Angela Rayner for Leader.
    Talking of the word bow, .. for years I thought Sherlock Holmes final cases were his last bow (as in his violin) not last bow as in bending in deference.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Don’t give up the day job.
    Sadly the Red Wall MPs had to!
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932

Not quite - Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and County Durham
This discussion has been closed.