Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The first post-Hancock polling sees BoJo’s best PM lead down 7 and the CON poll lead down 4 – politi

Comments

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,756
    Bozo is a total arse.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1409500460474634241?s=19

Trump for the Nom looks very tasty.

De Santis is also in there.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/559382-desantis-tops-trump-in-2024-presidential-straw-poll

(Even if autocorrect is yet to recognise him.)
    Yeah, DeSantis is definitely in with a strong shout too.

I still find the whole thing too clouded in uncertainty for me to bet on.
    De Santers, is/was a reasonably good Governor of a big swing state, who I would say overall had a very good pandemic. He has realised that he has a shot at being POTUS, and is trying to be a bit TRUMPy, with silly stunts, like sending his state police to Texas to 'help on the boarder' and banning cruse ships from requiring vaccine proof from passengers.

with theses silly distractions he is going down rapidly in my opinion, will it help him get selected as Republican candite, maybe, I don't know, but it could all backfire, tying to be somebody you are not rally works long term and we have another 2 1/2 years before the primary's. but I wish he would just focuses on making Florida the best it can be, and if you are successful then that will be noticed and it will be evidence that you deserve to be the POTUS
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300

Bozo is a total arse.

Have you only just realized that?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    TimS said:

“It doesn’t matter that Boris lies because he’s well ahead in the polls” is a depressing, but increasingly normalised, take.

I don't think that is the take. It is Boris lies, everybody knows it, but is still well ahead in the polls.

He can't defy gravity for ever. Lying is priced in, but it will be some about f##k up, maybe not even that important, but it will eventually take its toll.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,528
    That France V Switzerland was an amazing match
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913

Bozo is a total arse.

The trick is not to vote for him and his gang.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    BigRich said:

Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/559382-desantis-tops-trump-in-2024-presidential-straw-poll

De Santers, is/was a reasonably good Governor of a big swing state, who I would say overall had a very good pandemic. He has realised that he has a shot at being POTUS, and is trying to be a bit TRUMPy, with silly stunts, like sending his state police to Texas to 'help on the boarder' and banning cruse ships from requiring vaccine proof from passengers.

with theses silly distractions he is going down rapidly in my opinion, will it help him get selected as Republican candite, maybe, I don't know, but it could all backfire, tying to be somebody you are not rally works long term and we have another 2 1/2 years before the primary's. but I wish he would just focuses on making Florida the best it can be, and if you are successful then that will be noticed and it will be evidence that you deserve to be the POTUS
    My shifting has gone from thinking DeSantis will be the 2024 nominee to more along the lines that he plays VP pick to Trump. Trump looks like he is playing for the nomination again and I suspect the increased questions of what happened in Wuhan has emboldened him
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,756

Bozo is a total arse.

Have you only just realized that?
    He reaches new levels of arseness on a daily basis.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,130
    edited June 2021

MaxPB said:

stodge said:

MaxPB said:

I don't see what that has got to do with anything and it's ultimately their own personal choice to not go out. I think over time people will have to either learn to live with the risk or choose to live a life in fear.

People like the above and other zero COVID types do nothing to help the situation with fake statistics about getting severe disease post vaccination don't help the situation.

We should be better than "choose to live a life in fear".

If people are frightened, why are they frightened? How do we overcome that fear? What will make people feel safe again? It may not be total eradication of coronavirus - it may be for some, it isn't for me.
    They're frightened because they're being fed a constant diet of fear by zero COVID people and the media signal boosting them. Marr getting a bit of a cold despite his pre-existing conditions and age is a really positive story. He'd probably be on his death bed without the vaccine. Instead he's back to work and has no lasting effects from it. People like Pagel incorrectly saying that 20-30% of people get long COVID is completely irresponsible and feeds the fear of people who are already worried.

There's an irrationality about catching COVID among a certain section of people who are constantly on the look out for bad news.
    Maybe I am missing something but I have just noticed that the article linked in Pagel's tweet about 20-30% of cases getting long covid literally says research found 1 in 20.

Would love to see her operational research workings.
    They're frightened because of 15 months of psy-ops., with SAGE saying in spring 2020 'we must raise the fear level'. I have two friends (he's 81, she's 77) who haven't left the house and garden since March 2020 except for a few visits to the doctor or hospital.

Without the pharma industry suppressing cheap repurposed drugs, it's reasonable to consider that 10,000s of people worldwide would still be alive and after 15 months we might almost have eradicated the virus in developed countries.

Go to a platform like Bitchute and watch interviews with people like Drs. Kory, Malone, Weinstein, McCullough et al. One of the drugs is being used against 'long COVID' and, er, against vaccine injuries. Bitchute has more information than the better known channels, because tragically Youtube and F'book remove information if it goes against the narrative. It's due to corruption, ahem, so sorry 'regulatory capture'.
    "Without the pharma industry suppressing cheap repurposed drugs"

This is so retarded.

The pharmaceutical industry would *love* for Covid to be over, so they could return to their normal business of selling expensive solutions to long term problems. (Like the new Alzheimers treatment...) People dying of Covid is diastrous for their profits.

Not only that, but the firms making money from Covid vaccines aren't - by and large - the worlds biggest pharma companies.

Of the largest Western pharma companies, do you know how many have successful Covid vaccines? Errrr. Half. As in J&J is losing money because no one wants its vaccine.

Who's making money out of Covid: Moderna, BioNTech and (a little bit) Pfizer.

The idea that "big Pharma" is suppressing demand for cheap drugs because they benefit from the vaccines is so wildly stupid, it defies logic.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,017
    Thought this was strange
  • Options
    MrEd said:

BigRich said:

Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

My shifting has gone from thinking DeSantis will be the 2024 nominee to more along the lines that he plays VP pick to Trump. Trump looks like he is playing for the nomination again and I suspect the increased questions of what happened in Wuhan has emboldened him
    The problem is that Trump is 75 today, and will be 78 when the next campaign comes around.

Statistically, what's the chance of an overweight, poor diet, no exercise 75 year old having a significant medical issue in the next three years?

Plus there's general cognitive degradation. Trump isn't the man he was in 2016, and I'm not sure Trump 2016 was the man he was in 2012. How will Trump 2023 be?

• Options
    BigRich said:

Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

DeSantis was very sensible with Covid - he largely devolved authority to local municipalities, which meant there were very different regimes in cities and the countryside.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,050
    edited June 2021
    Good news: Gavin Williamson to institute a mobile phone ban in schools. Source: The Times.
  • Options
    Nunu3Nunu3 Posts: 178
    Jonathan said:

Bozo is a total arse.

Did Sandy vote Tory?!
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    The Graphic trend in header clearly shows jab bounce starting, and then ending, as politics returns to normal?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,592
    Andy_JS said:

Fantastic news: Gavin Williamson to institute a mobile phone ban in schools.

A policy for announcing rather than implementing? Will phone companies be legally required to block calls to and from phones on school premises? They could probably do that.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,036
    isam said:

Thought this was strange

Evertonians have class, n'est pas?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Nunu3 said:

Jonathan said:

Bozo is a total arse.

Did Sandy vote Tory?!
    I doubt it. But there are plenty of people that dismiss and distance themselves from Boris, but have voted for him and put him where he is.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Good news: Gavin Williamson to institute a mobile phone ban in schools. Source: The Times.

What? Again???
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Leon said:

Best night of euro football ever?

Gotta be close. Phenomenal matches

Best seven days ever? We've had Matt Hancock, France, Holland and Portugal knocked out. England/Germany tomorrow; Batley & Spen on Thursday.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Andy_JS said:

What? Again???
    If schools had instituted a mobile phone ban on Gavin he would never have been sacked, thus lacking the qualification to be member of Boris cabinet.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

stodge said:

MaxPB said:

I don't see what that has got to do with anything and it's ultimately their own personal choice to not go out. I think over time people will have to either learn to live with the risk or choose to live a life in fear.

People like the above and other zero COVID types do nothing to help the situation with fake statistics about getting severe disease post vaccination don't help the situation.

If people are frightened, why are they frightened? How do we overcome that fear? What will make people feel safe again? It may not be total eradication of coronavirus - it may be for some, it isn't for me.
    They're frightened because they're being fed a constant diet of fear by zero COVID people and the media signal boosting them. Marr getting a bit of a cold despite his pre-existing conditions and age is a really positive story. He'd probably be on his death bed without the vaccine. Instead he's back to work and has no lasting effects from it. People like Pagel incorrectly saying that 20-30% of people get long COVID is completely irresponsible and feeds the fear of people who are already worried.

There's an irrationality about catching COVID among a certain section of people who are constantly on the look out for bad news.
    Maybe I am missing something but I have just noticed that the article linked in Pagel's tweet about 20-30% of cases getting long covid literally says research found 1 in 20.

Some media have been saying UK have two million long covid victims? Surely it’s nowhere near that? Even if it was, That is a long way short of Paglets 30% of population.

Sounds like a case for more a less. To the harfone.

One thing we can all agree on though, the hypothetical moment ‘learning to live with Covid’ turns into 30% of working age population with long covid, our economy will be screwed?

Protect The Working Age Population could be a new front the zerocovid club are opening.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,911
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

I can’t believe I’m going to write this, but for the first time in my life I actually think international football is better (as in more exciting) than club football.
    If I watched Arsenal i'd think so too
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

BigRich said:

Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

The problem is that Trump is 75 today, and will be 78 when the next campaign comes around.

Statistically, what's the chance of an overweight, poor diet, no exercise 75 year old having a significant medical issue in the next three years?

Plus there's general cognitive degradation. Trump isn't the man he was in 2016, and I'm not sure Trump 2016 was the man he was in 2012. How will Trump 2023 be?

Agree with all of that. However, of all the recent US Presidents, Trump is the one where the effects of the Office seem to have had the least effects on him physically.

I think he is driven and he will want revenge. He sees the coverage on the lab leak and thinks "I am being vindicated". He looks at Biden and thinks, with the recent stumbles, that he can beat him. He looks at Harris and thinks she is beatable too (which she is).

It's true with his health / age that it could be an issue, which is why I won't back him. I bet on DeSantis for the nomination but won't top it up.
  • Options
    isam said:

Thought this was strange

I saw that and thought it was pretty disgraceful on the part of his teammates. And his manager who did nothing more than give him a brief arm round the shoulders and nothing more.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pity his mistresses' husband, dumped for Hancock.

Though he can console himself he is a multi millionaire, Hancock now an ex Health Secretary backbencher facing moves to deselect him.

His mistress seems quite pushy so not sure how long she will stick around
    It could get worse for Hancock if the government hangs him out to dry over the mates' contracts kerfuffle.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,526
    Jonathan said:

Nunu3 said:

Jonathan said:

Bozo is a total arse.

Did Sandy vote Tory?!
    I doubt it. But there are plenty of people that dismiss and distance themselves from Boris, but have voted for him and put him where he is.
    Well yes. Because the alternative was Corbyn. It was a choice between a game show host and a deranged misanthropist.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,934
    edited June 2021
    dixiedean said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

There was clearly some internal strife. Mbappe didn't seem overly keen on passing to Giroud - apparently after some recent spat. He also looked injured at the end but perhaps nobody else fancied the spot kick.

At least Pogba turned up for about 30 minutes, which was a novelty.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

But Isam is right. If I were a team mate I would have beeline my hand to his shoulder. Their only defence is he went straitht to the tunnel, others still on the turf or staring into middle distance.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

I saw that and thought it was pretty disgraceful on the part of his teammates. And his manager who did nothing more than give him a brief arm round the shoulders and nothing more.
    France was not a team tonight. France played like they'd only just met in the stadium car park. It would not be surprising if the next couple of days bring rumours of intra-squad bust-ups.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,181
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

I can’t believe I’m going to write this, but for the first time in my life I actually think international football is better (as in more exciting) than club football.
    Definitely it is. Crowds help a lot though!
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,181
    Paging @Foxy, who condemned Euro 2021 as “bloated” before a ball had been kicked.

Hmm.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Jonathan said:

Nunu3 said:

Jonathan said:

Bozo is a total arse.

Did Sandy vote Tory?!
    Well yes. Because the alternative was Corbyn. It was a choice between a game show host and a deranged misanthropist.
    But it no longer is.
    Now we get I prefer the game show host. Because the alternative is boring. Or trans people. Or taking the knee. Or some such.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Interestingly on Newsnight there is a feature on Boris Johnson's lies. A lawyer Peter Stefanovic has taken the trouble to list them. As it's been watched by 20 million viewers I imagine everyone's seen it so I wont embarrass him by linking to it again........

...........Oh go on then

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/politics/video-exposing-boris-johnsons-lies-to-parliament-hits-20-million-views/

A facebook friend of mine often retweets Peter Stefanovic tweets. He is a retard. Usually he's pushing the momentum agenda, stupidly. I'm slightly shocked he's got the critcial faculties to make a lawyer.

At first I was distressed to think this angry tool was Peter Serafinowicz from the Tick, and other slightly offbeat comedies. Thankfully not.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,788
    Just testing the new avatar...

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    Me: 9.24 pm: "France have clearly got this in the bag and are at no risk whatsoever of going out......"

I thank you.

I'm on standby from 5 pm tonight, to perform the same service for England.
  • Options

Roger said:

Interestingly on Newsnight there is a feature on Boris Johnson's lies. A lawyer Peter Stefanovic has taken the trouble to list them. As it's been watched by 20 million viewers I imagine everyone's seen it so I wont embarrass him by linking to it again........

...........Oh go on then

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/politics/video-exposing-boris-johnsons-lies-to-parliament-hits-20-million-views/

I remember all those videos in the GE campaign...ohhh loook how many million views that video has on social media...

The video you talk about is in a tweet from Aug of last year, its embedded so every time a tweet is even viewed for a second it counts as a "view". During the lifetime of that "killer" video, we have seen Boris lead extend from evens to ~10%....

Its like the 6 months where every day Dave / Cameron needs to resign hashtag trended, then he won a majority.
    You sound pleased that voters are so disillusioned that they couldn't care less.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Roger said:

Roger said:

...........Oh go on then

I remember all those videos in the GE campaign...ohhh loook how many million views that video has on social media...

The video you talk about is in a tweet from Aug of last year, its embedded so every time a tweet is even viewed for a second it counts as a "view". During the lifetime of that "killer" video, we have seen Boris lead extend from evens to ~10%....

Its like the 6 months where every day Dave / Cameron needs to resign hashtag trended, then he won a majority.
    You sound pleased that voters are so disillusioned that they couldn't care less.
    No, I just heard the stuff about how this or that video on twitter has been watched by millions, well a million times before. Twitter isn't the real world. If it was, we would PM Corbyn going to an EU summit with UK still a member.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

dixiedean said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

There was clearly some internal strife. Mbappe didn't seem overly keen on passing to Giroud - apparently after some recent spat. He also looked injured at the end but perhaps nobody else fancied the spot kick.

At least Pogba turned up for about 30 minutes, which was a novelty.
    I have nothing against Mbappe, but I was glad it was him who missed. Normally its some centre half (Southgate) gamely helping out because all the good strikers of the ball have aready been used/have been substituted/are injured/are too frit (Ince). And Mbappe's starry enough that his career won't be defined by this one miss.
    It was actually quite a good shoot out - normally they are excrutiating. But ten well taken penalties, one good save.
    My favourite moment of the tournament so far was the slightly puzzled look on the Swiss goalie's face after he saved the shot from Mbappe. Have we won? Are there any more?

Normally Switzerland are competing with England to be the dullest team in any given tournament, so this was very refreshing.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Flatlander @gealbhan.
    Maybe there is some strife. Perhaps Mbappe is not personally popular.
    However, this was the World Champions 3-1 up with nine minutes to play against an unfancied, and hitherto unimpressive Swiss side.
    There is no "correct" way to respond. Just as there is no right way to grieve. That is the plot of L'Etranger.
    Maybe only Digne, knowing he was highly unlikely to play again this tournament, was able to achieve some perspective and empathy?
    Who knows?
    We all like to think we'd be that guy. But often, under high emotions, we aren't.
  • Options
    The leaflet was real - Hindus are Sir Keir’s Jews

• Options
    edited June 2021
    dixiedean said:

@Flatlander @gealbhan.
    Maybe there is some strife. Perhaps Mbappe is not personally popular.
    However, this was the World Champions 3-1 up with nine minutes to play against an unfancied, and hitherto unimpressive Swiss side.
    There is no "correct" way to respond. Just as there is no right way to grieve. That is the plot of L'Etranger.
    Maybe only Digne, knowing he was highly unlikely to play again this tournament, was able to achieve some perspective and empathy?
    Who knows?
    We all like to think we'd be that guy. But often, under high emotions, we aren't.

Jérôme Rothen basically says turned up with an over sized ego and has been a pain in the ass during these Euros. How he knows / if it is true, I don't know, but this was written several days ago.*

that it [his ego] extends to off the field too, that bothers me. "I think Didier Deschamps can no longer manage it and it is problematic. It is even surprising that he lets Kylian Mbappe do so many things.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/equipe-de-france/equipe-de-france-rothen-allume-l-ego-surdimensionne-de-mbappe_AV-202106250422.html

* Perhaps he recently found out he shares the same mistress and that is why he is bad mouthing Mbappe....
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,488

Euro 2020 Betfair prices and their implied probabilities.

1 Spain 4.5 22.2%
    2 Italy 5.4 18.5%
    3 England 5.9 16.9%
    4 Germany 7.6 13.2%
    5 Belgium 8.6 11.6%
    6 Denmark 11.5 8.7%
    7 Switzerland 27 3.7%
    8 Czechia 34 2.9%
    9 Sweden 55 1.8%
    10 Ukraine 95 1.1%
    All quoted.

Denmark to defeat Switzerland in the final?

It's a great tournament.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Though he can console himself he is a multi millionaire, Hancock now an ex Health Secretary backbencher facing moves to deselect him.

It could get worse for Hancock if the government hangs him out to dry over the mates' contracts kerfuffle.
    Yes, the great thing for the government is that they now have a scapegoat. Too many deaths? Hancock. Economy ruined? Hancock. Children missed a year of education? Hancock. Liberal democracy/freedom of association/freedom of speech abolished? Hancock. And the Conservative Party reinvents itself as post-Hancock party.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,488

Paging @Foxy, who condemned Euro 2021 as “bloated” before a ball had been kicked.

Hmm.

Switzerland and Czech Republic both qualified for the knockout stages as third-placed teams - and how glad we are that they did.

This evening's matches were insane. Special shout-out to my wife who timed an early dinner for half-time of Spain vs Croatia. I must have earned a few brownie points over the last few months.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

Yes, the great thing for the government is that they now have a scapegoat. Too many deaths? Hancock. Economy ruined? Hancock. Children missed a year of education? Hancock. Liberal democracy/freedom of association/freedom of speech abolished? Hancock. And the Conservative Party reinvents itself as post-Hancock party.
    It already has!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

I presume Boris will suffer the same fate, as soon as his usefulness disappears.
  • Options
    It’s now the 29th. Soon time to get up to a German Breakfast.

“Two world wars and two vaccinations!”
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Instant ban from Wembley if you dare to utter such a thing.
  • Options

MrEd said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

France was not a team tonight. France played like they'd only just met in the stadium car park. It would not be surprising if the next couple of days bring rumours of intra-squad bust-ups.
    Well of course. It's difficult to change the habits of a lifetime.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!
  • Options
    MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

BigRich said:

Alistair said:

Nigelb said:

Alistair said:

Gotta love Republicans

Agree with all of that. However, of all the recent US Presidents, Trump is the one where the effects of the Office seem to have had the least effects on him physically.

I think he is driven and he will want revenge. He sees the coverage on the lab leak and thinks "I am being vindicated". He looks at Biden and thinks, with the recent stumbles, that he can beat him. He looks at Harris and thinks she is beatable too (which she is).

It's true with his health / age that it could be an issue, which is why I won't back him. I bet on DeSantis for the nomination but won't top it up.
    I'm sure Trump wants revenge. But he also appears be living in a QAnon fantasy world, where the election is somehow going to be overturned and he will be returned to power by... by... by...

If Trump runs, and if he is unaffected by health issues, and if nothing too serious comes up in the next three years, and if his businesses remain solvent (none of which should be taken for granted), then he must be the big favourite to be the nominee. But those are all quite big "ifs".

To me, there are a couple of interesting scenarios: what if Trump stands to be the nominee, but drops out due to a health issue? And which (if any) ambitious Republicans will run against Trump if he stands? And if Trump doesn't run, who does he back?

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    isam said:

Disgusting
  • Options

Me: 9.24 pm: "France have clearly got this in the bag and are at no risk whatsoever of going out......"

I thank you.

I shall get in early. After Holland are value as "The best side in our half of the draw " and my half-time " France are excellent value".
    Germany are nailed on to win the tournament and win in ninety minutes.
    It is obvious.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!
    Well, then riposte is stronger.

"No world wars and four world cups"
  • Options
    O/T

Anne Robinson presented Countdown for the first time today.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/countdown/on-demand/72154-021
  • Options
    Floater said:

isam said:

Disgusting
    The moral high ground they thought they had over UKIP, Leave, Jezza and Boris has gone. Tut tut
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

MattW said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!

A World War II pilot is reminiscing before school children about his days in the air force.

"In 1942," he says, "the situation was really tough. The Germans had a very strong air force. I remember, " he continues, "one day I was protecting the bombers and suddenly, out of the clouds, these fokkers appeared.

(At this point, several of the children giggle.)

I looked up, and right above me was one of them. I aimed at him and shot him down. They were swarming. I immediately realized that there was another fokker behind me."

At this instant the girls in the auditorium start to giggle and boys start to laugh. The teacher stands up and says, "I think I should point out that 'Fokker' was the name of the German-Dutch aircraft company"

"That's true," says the pilot, "but these fokkers were flying Messerschmidts."
    Here you go. Stan Boardman telling the Fokker joke to Des O'Connor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Yf5B6GbYk
  • Options
    isam said:

Floater said:

isam said:

Disgusting
    The moral high ground they thought they had over UKIP, Leave, Jezza and Boris has gone. Tut tut
    The moral ground who had?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

O/T

Anne Robinson presented Countdown for the first time today.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/countdown/on-demand/72154-021

Filmed couple of months ago before she was embalmed
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Roger said:

MrEd said:

isam said:

Thought this was strange

Well of course. It's difficult to change the habits of a lifetime.
    Remember South Africa?
  • Options
    AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!
    I note that anti-English chants weren't banned by the FA when the Jocks were down in London. As always, it's the same establishment mentality of always interpret harmless fun from the English as racist and give a pass to everyone else.
  • Options
    Aslan said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!
    I note that anti-English chants weren't banned by the FA when the Jocks were down in London. As always, it's the same establishment mentality of always interpret harmless fun from the English as racist and give a pass to everyone else.
    World War II submarines in particular fascinates me. Japan's I-400-class and the US's Gato class submarines are my absolute favorites. These are the subsifellfor.
  • Options
    isam said:

Ridiculous. Criticizing a single bigoted Hindu is not the same as being anti-Hindu. That is like saying criticizing Diane Abbot makes you a racist.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

MattW said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Boooooooooo!

A World War II pilot is reminiscing before school children about his days in the air force.

"In 1942," he says, "the situation was really tough. The Germans had a very strong air force. I remember, " he continues, "one day I was protecting the bombers and suddenly, out of the clouds, these fokkers appeared.

(At this point, several of the children giggle.)

I looked up, and right above me was one of them. I aimed at him and shot him down. They were swarming. I immediately realized that there was another fokker behind me."

At this instant the girls in the auditorium start to giggle and boys start to laugh. The teacher stands up and says, "I think I should point out that 'Fokker' was the name of the German-Dutch aircraft company"

"That's true," says the pilot, "but these fokkers were flying Messerschmidts."
    Here you go. Stan Boardman telling the Fokker joke to Des O'Connor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Yf5B6GbYk
    I bought the new Call of Duty WWII in set France.

But for some reason, I can only be a spectator.

While we mull that one over, true story from WWII.

nazis came to a French village and decided to have a little fun
    So, they line up all the men from the village and pick one of their women. And one of the nazis says: "We'll kill all of you unless you find your husband while blindfolded only by touching his dick".

So, they blindfold her and she begins touching. "Not mine, not mine, not mine, this one is not even from our village..."
  • Options
    Front bencher should read Senior MP.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,903
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

stodge said:

MaxPB said:

They're frightened because of 15 months of psy-ops., with SAGE saying in spring 2020 'we must raise the fear level'. I have two friends (he's 81, she's 77) who haven't left the house and garden since March 2020 except for a few visits to the doctor or hospital.

Without the pharma industry suppressing cheap repurposed drugs, it's reasonable to consider that 10,000s of people worldwide would still be alive and after 15 months we might almost have eradicated the virus in developed countries.

Go to a platform like Bitchute and watch interviews with people like Drs. Kory, Malone, Weinstein, McCullough et al. One of the drugs is being used against 'long COVID' and, er, against vaccine injuries. Bitchute has more information than the better known channels, because tragically Youtube and F'book remove information if it goes against the narrative. It's due to corruption, ahem, so sorry 'regulatory capture'.
    "Without the pharma industry suppressing cheap repurposed drugs"

This is so retarded.

The pharmaceutical industry would *love* for Covid to be over, so they could return to their normal business of selling expensive solutions to long term problems. (Like the new Alzheimers treatment...) People dying of Covid is diastrous for their profits.

Not only that, but the firms making money from Covid vaccines aren't - by and large - the worlds biggest pharma companies.

Of the largest Western pharma companies, do you know how many have successful Covid vaccines? Errrr. Half. As in J&J is losing money because no one wants its vaccine.

Who's making money out of Covid: Moderna, BioNTech and (a little bit) Pfizer.

The idea that "big Pharma" is suppressing demand for cheap drugs because they benefit from the vaccines is so wildly stupid, it defies logic.
    There’s a far simpler rebuttal - dexamethasone.
    The truth is that there has been a major effort to screen existing drugs, both on and off patent, for efficacy against Covid.

The ivermectin fans have still to explain what is the safe and effective dose for Covid, and what statistically convincing clinical trials have been conducted that demonstrate that.
    So far there have been dozens of small, badly designed trials - a similar story to hydroxychloroquine.
    It’s possible that the large scale trial we’re going to carry out shows something positive, but I wouldn’t bet large amounts on it.
  • Options
    Aslan said:

isam said:

Ridiculous. Criticizing a single bigoted Hindu is not the same as being anti-Hindu. That is like saying criticizing Diane Abbot makes you a racist.
    Except that’s not what is being done here. This is dog whistle stuff.
    It is a divine response to a divisive opponent, and Labour ought to be ashamed.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Aslan said:

isam said:

Except that’s not what is being done here. This is dog whistle stuff.
    It is a divine response to a divisive opponent, and Labour ought to be ashamed.
    divisive. not divine… :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I can see people whacking their own teeth out.....

There is also an easy hack, as one person quickly worked out by melting chocolate....but you can get all sorts of "food" as powder that you add water to e.g. Huel. Some of these can be very high in calories, as they are used for people trying to replace energy quickly e.g. cyclists with their gels etc or body building.
  • Options
    Can I use that on a garrulous teenager?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,176
    How do you clean your teeth if you can’t open your mouth?
  • Options
    MattW said:

I'd say the relevant point is that SKS is using the President of India as mud to sling.

The Labour Party group Labour Friends of India seem to think there is a problem.

They were the ones Mr Starmer was at an event with when he said he would "rebuild links with the Indian community" last year. Obvious SKS thought there was a weakness in that relationship. How do you think it is now?

Never mind that his own front benchers have also shaken hands with Modi. And that SKS has spent the last weekend chiselling away about hypocrisy and double standards. Gun. Foot. Bang.

It's exactly the same as Labour mocking Theresa May for being pally with Trump. The idea that was offensive to British people of American background is ridiculous. But apparently Indians are those meek brown people who are loyal followers to their anointed leader. That's frankly patronizing and offensive to them.

Modi is one of the most sectarian bigots on the world stage. He stands against everything British values are supposed to believe in. People have died because of riots he has incited. It is entirely legitimate to call out politicians trying to copy up to him.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The Labour MP for Stockport is not happy with the leaflet in Batley & Spen.

"Navendu Mishra
    @NavPMishra

1/2 It saddens me to post this but racism is alive & well within Labour. A hierarchy of racism exists inside the party & some groups are seen as fair game for attacks based on religion/race/heritage.

More needs to be done when it comes to be being inclusive & welcoming to all.

2/2 Labour will not win by playing divide and rule politics against our communities.

We will win based on a principled stance against racism and discrimination of all kinds inside and outside the party.
    2:42 PM · Jun 28, 2021"

https://twitter.com/NavPMishra/status/1409507546948419587
  • Options
    BBC News - Covid: Masks upgrade cuts infection risk, research finds
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57636360

File under no shit sherlock...and why I have used an N95 mask from the beginning.
  • Options
    F##k off....first it will be for this, then for the BBC, etc etc etc

BBC News - Stars call for 'gadget levy' to fund UK creatives
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57642147
  • Options

Yes, because those poor creatives are down to their last avocado and quinoa salad
  • Options

Well-off people un-ironically asking for ordinary people to give them more money.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,971
    Morning. Great news to wake up to, well done Switzerland!!
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Morning. Great news to wake up to, well done Switzerland!!

Always like the underdog to win. Especially last night as the commentator was so obviously pro-France
  • Options
    Those two football matches were quite fantastic. Can't help thinking England are incapable of that kind of play. Nor are our referees capable of letting the game free flow like that. Kind of sums up the nation really. Oh and for all of Paul Pogba's self-congratulatory brilliance it was him who gave the ball away in the 90th minute, directly causing the Swiss equaliser.

Meanwhile, you can still get an astonishing 22-1 on Sajid Javid for next Conservative leader. This is a true value bet.
  • Options

Bozo is a total arse.

His attempt to re-write history on Hancock's resignation is risible.

Lying is to Johnson what shit is to a fly.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,387

Bozo is a total arse.

Just to add a note of caution to all those who spend so.much time insulting Boris, most of which is justified, PB Tories inc myself wasted eons of time calling Blair a liar and a lot worse, and he won 3 elections because the opposition was so awful......
  • Options
    I never though I'd use the phrase WTAF, but, WTAF Florida!!!!!

"Among the nation's 50 largest hospitals, the percentage of unvaccinated healthcare workers appears to be even larger, about 1 in 3. Vaccination rates range from a high of 99% at Houston Methodist Hospital, which was the first in the nation to mandate the shots for its workers, to a low between 30% and 40% at some hospitals in Florida."
    Report from Medscape
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

I thank you.

We must all embrace the power of radical pessimism.

Apparently the German Psychic Elephant (correct prediction rate for the tournament so far: 100%) has backed Germany to win. It's definitely going to go horribly wrong for England, isn't it? Horribly, totally, terribly wrong.
  • Options

File under no shit sherlock...and why I have used an N95 mask from the beginning.

Isn’t it getting a bit smelly by now ?
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

Andy_JS said:

A policy for announcing rather than implementing? Will phone companies be legally required to block calls to and from phones on school premises? They could probably do that.
    So you want to ban teachers from using phones as well?
  • Options

I thank you.

We must all embrace the power of radical pessimism.

Apparently the German Psychic Elephant (correct prediction rate for the tournament so far: 100%) has backed Germany to win. It's definitely going to go horribly wrong for England, isn't it? Horribly, totally, terribly wrong.
    More like predictably, boringly wrong, surely ?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Nigelb said:

Someone was claiming recently that the pace of scientific discovery was slowing…

June 26, 2000
    First human genome draft sequence reported

June 26, 2021
    First human genome editing by IV infusion published

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1408842800947335170

They aren't paying attention to biotech, then, if they're making that statement.

Discovery of microRNAs = 1993. First miRNA therapeutics to be tested, 2013. Nobel Prize 2006
    Discovery of CRSPR-Cas9 = 2012. Widespread use of CRISPR-Cas9 for gene editing and synthetic biology, 2013. Nobel Prize 2020
  • Options
    Cocky_cockneyCocky_cockney Posts: 760
    edited June 2021

Bozo is a total arse.

Just to add a note of caution to all those who spend so.much time insulting Boris, most of which is justified, PB Tories inc myself wasted eons of time calling Blair a liar and a lot worse, and he won 3 elections because the opposition was so awful......
    Very true and good points.

What was the undoing of Blair? Perhaps Iraq. He exited stage left before he got booted out, thus preserving his self-importance.

Boris Johnson is a lot less self-secure than Tony Blair. With Blair you get the impression he really DOES think he's brilliant whereas with Boris Johnson there's always a gnawing doubt around the edges. I knew someone similar: constantly bending the truth because it shored up their own insecure foundation.

Johnson may well go on to win another election, perhaps more than one. But I am frequently surprised at the venom he generates, including amongst those who once thought he was Apollo. I've talked to Londoners who say he was an absolutely crap mayor.

I think Johnson's lustre is starting to fade a LOT faster than Blair's did. That's probably because he is about one hundred times more of a pathological, even sociopathic, liar than Blair. Boris Johnson doesn't simply bend the truth, there is no truth. His inner core is mendacity.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Isn’t it getting a bit smelly by now ?
    And an FFP2 is the equivalent of an N95. They are finding that the FFP3 is the one to minimize infection. Of course, these masks need to be fit tested to be effective.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

So you want to ban teachers from using phones as well?
    Typical right-wing reactionary politics.

It's like banning quills or fountain pens. Mobile phones are the keys to the future and we need to educate WITH them not AGAINST them. That's very hard for teachers who are a thousand times less tech savvy than the kids they want to control but that's not the kids' fault.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,971

Lol, a bunch of already-rich actors moaning again. How’s about they make something people want to watch? Plenty of people are making six figures from Youtube and podcasts.

Alternatively, there’s an organisation already given £4bn of public money every year, that doesn’t have to chase ratings. I wonder if any of these Luvvies, or the hacks writing that piece, have heard of it?
This discussion has been closed.