Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

With just eight campaigning days to go – Tories still strong favourites to take Batley & Spen – poli

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,501
    Time to switch over to the England game.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,609
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

This England side will tamely depart in the next round. They have no energy

Depends, if it's Germany then that's a pretty much guaranteed loss.
    I'd rather win the group and face Germany at Wembley with 45,000 fans and if we lose we lose than meekly go through as runners up in the group and timidly go out at penalties against who the fudge cares this time in the knock outs.
    If we go out in the next round then Southgate must depart. He has zero charisma, he's a boring coach, and he is wasting oodles of talent. Enough
    Replaced by who though? Eddie Howe?
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,321
    And so Scotland leave the stage, timidly

I can't work out whether it's worse to be a Scotland supporter, knowing you are always going to lose, or an England supporter, with a faint hope you might win, which is always crushed
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,695
    dixiedean said:

Class may be permanent.
    Except for Vlasic at Everton.

Not sure why DCL has to do to get on the pitch. He might as well be on the beach.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,205
    Oh dear
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    When it really comes down to it we have the gerrymandered qualifying process that got us there through the tortuous nations league process, a gerrymandered group system where third gets you through (in this instance) and home advantage. It's hard to think of a more auspicious aligning of the stars to get us out of a group and still...nope.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,637
    Croatia now second in the group. Crossover!
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

I'd rather win the group and face Germany at Wembley with 45,000 fans and if we lose we lose than meekly go through as runners up in the group and timidly go out at penalties against who the fudge cares this time in the knock outs.
    If we go out in the next round then Southgate must depart. He has zero charisma, he's a boring coach, and he is wasting oodles of talent. Enough
    Replaced by who though? Eddie Howe?
    GPT-3

I'm serious. Time for a robot. An AI robot would have more charisma than Southgate and would have a good grasp of tactics and strategy, unlike Southgate
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,250
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

They're not going to beat Cristiano Ronaldo either. Wales have much the better chance of getting to the quarter-finals.
    Not sure about Portugal, but there's simply no way we beat Germany in a tournament. It's like Spurs in a cup final, you know the result before the match has even started.
    C'mon Max. Vibes.
  • Options

When it really comes down to it we have the gerrymandered qualifying process that got us there through the tortuous nations league process, a gerrymandered group system where third gets you through (in this instance) and home advantage. It's hard to think of a more auspicious aligning of the stars to get us out of a group and still...nope.

Well they're talking about making it 8 groups of 4 so that might make it easier.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,986
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

Class may be permanent.
    Except for Vlasic at Everton.

Not sure why DCL has to do to get on the pitch. He might as well be on the beach.
    Me neither.
    If we need a goal he's not going to be sharp is he? Would seem an obvious game to give him at least 20 minutes.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Leon said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

Digging up the salt in the Danakil

Glad to see they have a supervisor.
    lol

It's an insane business. They do it all by hand, and they insist on doing it that way. It is one of the hottest places on earth

They are very friendly people, the Afar - when they are not chopping off your testes to use as a necklace - I got chatting with one of the those guys and he asked where I came from (using impressive English) and I said "Britain"

He obviously had no concept of "Britain" but he said "is that a cold country?" and I said "Yes" and he sighed and looked intensely wistful and yearning. He WANTED to be cold, probably for the first time in his life
    I used to go to Djibouti at least twice a year - the country of the Afars and Issas. Never made it down to the Depression, but definitely the second hottest place I've been - although with the humidity it felt by far the hottest
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

The top half of the draw is not the place to be.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Only one coach has achieved more.
    It's really really not enough. We are the biggest chokers in world football. We are like Spain before they suddenly found their mojo

We have plenty of talent and loads of money and we have the most admired league in the world and we are ranked 4th by FIFA. And yet we are tedious and mediocre and we have only won a single trophy, about 9,000 years ago
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

It's really really not enough. We are the biggest chokers in world football. We are like Spain before they suddenly found their mojo

We have plenty of talent and loads of money and we have the most admired league in the world and we are ranked 4th by FIFA. And yet we are tedious and mediocre and we have only won a single trophy, about 9,000 years ago
    Be fair, who else could have coached us to nicking a last minute winner against Tunisia and thrashing Panama?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

The top half of the draw is not the place to be.
    What do people remember the most from Euro 2016?

1) Portugal winning the tournament

or

2) Portugal finishing third in their group, behind Hungary and Iceland?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

I think you'll find we have won two trophies, actually:

• Options
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

It's no Kirin Cup
  • Options
    Scotland just drooping now. Sad
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,360
    Leon said:

Not sure its energy ,they are playing to a plan. No goals conceded and got thro.is in the plan.. not long to.go to achieve it.
    That said i have watched zero.mins until the 90th
  • Options
    Scotland need 3 goals in 2 and a half minutes. Do-able
  • Options
    Including tonight.

In their last three tournaments Scotland have scored a total of four goals in nine games.

Embarrassing.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,170
    Well, at least all the Scottish whippersnappers are now fully inducted into the hall of brief glimmers of hope cruelly extinguished. Years of masochism ahead of you kids.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Hey Leon

https://twitter.com/Disclosure89/status/1407426727484137473

You know what Luis Elizondo used to run ?
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    England surely a lay @9/1?
  • Options
    Scotland easily out-classed, in the end. A bit pathetic
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pickford unbeaten. Giant. Flawless.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,452
    Well, I suppose I'd rather see England go out to Germany than to Portugal.

I really do loathe the Portugal football team. Biggest cheats in Europe. Honorary South Americans.And Cristiano Ronaldo. Ugh.

I quite like the country, mind. Just not the team.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,709
    Decent enough win for England.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Leon said:

Well, now they can get behind supporting England.....

's opponents!
  • Options
    Shows how rubbish England are.

We're the only side in the group to drop points against Scotland.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,430
    ping said:

England surely a lay @9/1?

10 per cent chance of winning. Fifth or sixth in the betting. It does not look outrageously wrong at first glance and without considering who plays whom in the round of 16.
  • Options

Well, at least all the Scottish whippersnappers are now fully inducted into the hall of brief glimmers of hope cruelly extinguished. Years of masochism ahead of you kids.

As my Scottish boss would tell you if the kids have been following the Scottish rugby team in recent years then they will be used to tonight.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,818

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Exactly.
    “Let’s draw” or “let’s lose” in order to avoid the runner up of the Group of Death comes across as “let’s settle for a meek quarter-final exit again.”

Because who would we play in the QF if we did play that game?
    (And, one assumes, get the benefit by winning the R16 match)

That’s right - the winner of the Group of Death. Whoever outplayed the team we so want to avoid.
    (Assuming they also get there. If not, of course, it’s whoever beats the winner of the Group of Death in the R16 match. Either way, if we’re frightened of whoever finishes runner-up in the Group of Death, we should have no chance at whoever ends up better than them).

If we want to win, we’re gonna have to play and beat some good teams.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,816
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Ah, Le Tournoi

https://youtu.be/FKmZynlk7N0
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Including tonight.

In their last three tournaments Scotland have scored a total of four goals in nine games.

Embarrassing.

Reminder: Wales have now won as many games in major football championships as Scotland. Scotland have so far appeared in eleven such tournaments; Wales are only on number three.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited June 2021
    Standard Southgate performance....good for 20 mins, then shit. bye bye England in the next round.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    Has Nicola found a way blaming England for Scotlands defeat yet? ;)
  • Options

Leon said:

's opponents!
    The Wembley crowd were cheering Croatias goals, so yes I can understand Scots second team being Anyone Playing England.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,030
    Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-5)
    LAB: 35% (+1)
    LDEM: 10% (+3)
    GRN: 5% (-)

via @SavantaComRes, 17 - 20 Jun
    Chgs. w/ 12 Jun
    Tabs:
    https://deltapoll.co.uk/polls/voteint220621
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Chgs. w/ 12 Jun
    Tabs:

Lib-DEM SURGE??????? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

's opponents!
    The Wembley crowd were cheering Croatias goals, so yes I can understand Scots second team being Anyone Playing England.
    They didn't used to. This comes after a decade of the Scot Nats pouring down hatred on the English and England, and everything England means.

If the Union ends, it will happen because the English have learned to resent and despise the Scots, and they do not feel minded to save the UK. We may end up with nervous Scots clinging on to a Union they hate, where they are not welcome, but which they cannot afford to quit. What a mess
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Exclusive

Michael Gove tells me a new Scottish independence referendum will not be granted before the 2024 election.

Goes way beyond the unusual ‘not now’ stance. Means huge clash coming with SNP who want vote by autumn 2023.

Michael Gove: Boris Johnson will not grant new Scottish referendum before next election

PLUS: Read Mr Gove’s exclusive interview with The Telegraph, in which he says PM is UK’s secret weapon in keeping the Union together

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/22/michael-gove-boris-johnson-will-not-grant-new-scottish-referendum/

BIB - I call bullshit.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,030
    Wednesday’s Daily TELEGRAPH: “Gove: No new Scottish referendum before next election” #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1407444633328705541/photo/1
  • Options

Exclusive

Michael Gove tells me a new Scottish independence referendum will not be granted before the 2024 election.

Goes way beyond the unusual ‘not now’ stance. Means huge clash coming with SNP who want vote by autumn 2023.

Michael Gove: Boris Johnson will not grant new Scottish referendum before next election

PLUS: Read Mr Gove’s exclusive interview with The Telegraph, in which he says PM is UK’s secret weapon in keeping the Union together

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/22/michael-gove-boris-johnson-will-not-grant-new-scottish-referendum/

BIB - I call bullshit.

What's the Govester up to this time?
  • Options

Exclusive

BIB - I call bullshit.

lol

HYUFD was always right on this. Boris will just say No. What can the Nats do? It's not like the Scots are screaming for a new vote: they are not. Nor does Nicola want to call a potentially dream-ending, career-ending, SNP-ending 2nd indyref, which she would probably lose, as things stand
  • Options

Exclusive

BIB - I call bullshit.

Did they time that revelation for the final whistle?
  • Options
    Harry Kane certainly doesn't look like a £100 million striker....
  • Options

He just doesn't want to get injured before his big move.
  • Options
    Would England be better going the Man City route, no striker, instead Fodon, Grealish and Saka?
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Beautiful plumage...tired and shagged out after a long squark.
  • Options

He just doesn't want to get injured before his big move.
    He looks injured to me.... i would say looks like treading water, but it is more like drowning.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,311

Would England be better going the Man City route, no striker, instead Fodon, Grealish and Saka?

I certainly think they'd be nuts not to play Saka.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Andy_JS said:

Decent enough win for England.

File under DidTheJob.

Hard to get any enthusiasm going though.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,637

Perhaps he'll conveniently need to self isolate to save Southgate from the dilemma of whether or not to drop his captain.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,866
    Leon said:

HYUFD was always right on this. Boris will just say No. What can the Nats do? It's not like the Scots are screaming for a new vote: they are not. Nor does Nicola want to call a potentially dream-ending, career-ending, SNP-ending 2nd indyref, which she would probably lose, as things stand

It's not a question of @HYUFD being right - it's called politics and anyone with half a functioning brain cell will realise the status quo suits BOTH Johnson and Sturgeon perfectly.

He keeps saying NO to a second referendum to appease the Conservative Unionist faithful which suits Sturgeon as she a) neither wants nor needs a second referendum and b) can continue to blame Boris Johnson and the perfidious English for anything and everything.

She can continue agitating for a second referendum safe in the knowledge a) she won't get one and b) Johnson will continue to bolster her support by continuing to deny it and that plays to the Nationalist agenda.
  • Options

I certainly think they'd be nuts not to play Saka.
    That means he certainly won't.....
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Leon said:

Exclusive

BIB - I call bullshit.

lol

To be fair, it’s all the SNP have left really..suits them to talk about Indy to distract from everything else
  • Options
    Seeing all the stories about Starmer making more changes to his backroom staff, has the feel of a bad result in the Batley & Spen by-election for Labour on the way. A very bad result. I tend to think that if they thought the by-election was in the balance that they would be concentrating on winning the by-election, rather than shuffling office chairs, and if they were confident of holding the seat, well, there's less impetus to make a change.

Looks to me as though Labour are resigned to another by-election defeat, which would be catastrophic for an opposition party, and he's scrambling to make changes to try to turn around what looks like a doomed leadership.
  • Options
    Too much talking the country down and assuming we have no more gears. I think we do. The hard facts are, we've cruised through with no goals conceded and it could quite conceivably be coming home.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,694
    Sigh.. England failed to deliver anything like the expected score...

But apparently it's all due to an IT issue and the numbers will be caught up tomorrow.
  • Options

Seeing all the stories about Starmer making more changes to his backroom staff, has the feel of a bad result in the Batley & Spen by-election for Labour on the way. A very bad result. I tend to think that if they thought the by-election was in the balance that they would be concentrating on winning the by-election, rather than shuffling office chairs, and if they were confident of holding the seat, well, there's less impetus to make a change.

Looks to me as though Labour are resigned to another by-election defeat, which would be catastrophic for an opposition party, and he's scrambling to make changes to try to turn around what looks like a doomed leadership.

Apparently the last time that a governing party made two by-election gains in the course of the same Parliament was during the 1920s. Hardly an ideal situation for Labour should this come to pass.
  • Options

Dropping a Spurs striker worked out well in 1966...
  • Options
    stodge said:

Leon said:

It's not a question of @HYUFD being right - it's called politics and anyone with half a functioning brain cell will realise the status quo suits BOTH Johnson and Sturgeon perfectly.

He keeps saying NO to a second referendum to appease the Conservative Unionist faithful which suits Sturgeon as she a) neither wants nor needs a second referendum and b) can continue to blame Boris Johnson and the perfidious English for anything and everything.

She can continue agitating for a second referendum safe in the knowledge a) she won't get one and b) Johnson will continue to bolster her support by continuing to deny it and that plays to the Nationalist agenda.
    She wants one when she can win it.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    Scott_xP said:

Chgs. w/ 12 Jun
    Tabs:

That’s Delta poll not ComRes

Two 14 pointers and a six today, how queer
  • Options
    stodge said:

Leon said:

But you have to feel for the Remoaners, on here and elsewhere, who have a badly disguised hunger for Scotland to leave the Union, breaking up the country, as some kind of *punishment* for Brexit. Wankers
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,816
    On Batley again: I had it too close to call on various assumptions a few days ago. That Opinium poll with a 6 point lead felt credible though. Looking at my assumptions vs that poll:

I had Galloway taking 1500 votes on a 25k ish turnout and Opinium had 6%, so no need to adjust there

I had local election LD -> Lab/Con switchers from Cleckheaton ward, breaking 62:38 to Labour: Mike's header a couple of days back validates this, but wonder if there true switching will be a tad weaker for Labour.

My main pro Labour adjustment assumed that Leadbeater is personally popular, which I think is the case. In terms of LE -> by switchers net 3% LE Cons supporting her, whether directly or by turnout adjustment. This may be an overstate.

I had swing since May as zero, SKS's further weakness offset by Boris's latest COVID errors on the India variant and local restrictions. I'm just wondering now if unlockdown errors are more electorally forgivable than lockdown errors at this time.

If Opinium are right and I am wrong, the last two things may be where I overstated Labour, and a couple more spring to mind: Lab LE -> Boris switchers (i.e. the start position of the local elections being neck and neck was too Labour favourable and the SKS kicking opportunity - enough of the Brexit minded will see the chance for their vote to actually rid them of another of their Brexit villains gallery to motivate.

I'm now leaning somewhat Tory for the by-election, thinking my neck and neck reading was best case for Labour in a couple of respects.
  • Options

My current feeling is also negative on this. Any significant Galloway vote will be curtains for Labour.
  • Options
    Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

But you have to feel for the Remoaners, on here and elsewhere, who have a badly disguised hunger for Scotland to leave the Union, breaking up the country, as some kind of *punishment* for Brexit. Wankers
    Out of curiosity, are people who want England to lose their matches at Euro 2020 as punishment for England players taking the knee also wankers?
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    kinabalu said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

She can start to lay out the plan then. Currency, finances, let’s have it.

Or she can continue to blame the English, because that’s what Sturgeon does. Then wraps it up in “inclusive and caring” Scotland PR
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Dropping a Spurs striker worked out well in 1966...
    The downside of that the fans of the Spanners tell the world it was West Ham who won the world cup.
  • Options

He's still half a yard short of fitness. Hopefully the next week will help him get match fitness.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

She can start to lay out the plan then. Currency, finances, let’s have it.

Or she can continue to blame the English, because that’s what Sturgeon does. Then wraps it up in “inclusive and caring” Scotland PR
    She'll just do whatever is best for building support for independence.
  • Options
    Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Except imagine if it ever actually happened.

Rejoiners: "Ha ha ha, Brexit destroyed Britain, LOL! Bet you feel REALLY stupid now, don't you?"
    About 92% of Leave voters in England: *shoulder shrug* "Oh well, they got what they wanted. Now, where are we going to spend all that extra money?"
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,694
    kinabalu said:

Too much talking the country down and assuming we have no more gears. I think we do. The hard facts are, we've cruised through with no goals conceded and it could quite conceivably be coming home.

The truth is we cannot know. England could come alight in the next round or be snuffed out easier than cheap candle. How did the current European champions do in the group stages of Euro 2016?

Personally, I'd be more pessimistic if we'd won our three group games 4-0, since we'd be over-confident and due an off-game.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,495

Apparently the last time that a governing party made two by-election gains in the course of the same Parliament was during the 1920s. Hardly an ideal situation for Labour should this come to pass.
    Not in the same year, but:
    May 1961: Bristol SE
    March 1960: Brighouse and Spenborough
    were both Lab to Con in the same Parliament.

And Labour went on to win in 1964, albeit after Hugh Gaitskell's death and replacement by Harold Wilson.

(David Frost voice:) Sorry, Hugh.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,760
    Who was predicting "Peak Boris has passed?"

CON: 44% (+3)
    LAB: 30% (-4)
    LDEM: 10% (+2)
    GRN: 5% (-1)

via @SavantaComRes, 18 - 20 Jun Chgs. w/ 13 Jun

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1407442486986002439?s=20
  • Options

Who was predicting "Peak Boris has passed?"

CON: 44% (+3)
    LAB: 30% (-4)
    LDEM: 10% (+2)
    GRN: 5% (-1)

via @SavantaComRes, 18 - 20 Jun Chgs. w/ 13 Jun

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1407442486986002439?s=20

I think it was the person who bet and called the Tories losing C&A.
  • Options

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Out of curiosity, are people who want England to lose their matches at Euro 2020 as punishment for England players taking the knee also wankers?
    Of course. We are all wankers. But Remoaners are TOTAL wankers. A breed apart
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,993
    kinabalu said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

She doesn’t want one. She has too much wokery to inflict on Scots first. She will only go for one when she is guaranteed to win it.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Exclusive

BIB - I call bullshit.

Or an election in May 2023
  • Options
    Wanker(s)

• Options
    isam said:

Scott_xP said:

Chgs. w/ 12 Jun
    Tabs:

What's additionally peculiar is that they are diverging. A 3% swing to Lab in that one. Which is pretty big over a week, if still MOE. Swing to Cons in others.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,265
    John Rentoul
    @JohnRentoul
    There’s no point to the Lib Dems says
    @Dannythefink
    https://thetimes.co.uk/article/there-is-no-point-to-the-liberal-democrats-pp0kwm292

:lol: The Liberals aren't socialists. Nor do they want to be. End of.

Next...
  • Options

kinabalu said:

The truth is we cannot know. England could come alight in the next round or be snuffed out easier than cheap candle. How did the current European champions do in the group stages of Euro 2016?

Personally, I'd be more pessimistic if we'd won our three group games 4-0, since we'd be over-confident and due an off-game.
    Really? I reckon Italy have a much better chance of winning the thing, because they've scored more goals, and looked like scoring more goals, than England have. I'd much rather be in Italy's position than England's.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Leon said:

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Of course. We are all wankers. But Remoaners are TOTAL wankers. A breed apart
    I hope we are all singing the new anthem on Friday...

We're encouraging schools across the UK to celebrate One Britain One Nation Day on 25 June, when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect.
    #OBONDAY21 @1Britain1Nation

For more information:
    https://t.co/y7PQblUeDN

https://twitter.com/educationgovuk/status/1406990765906145281?s=19
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

Chgs. w/ 12 Jun
    Tabs:

What's additionally peculiar is that they are diverging. A 3% swing to Lab in that one. Which is pretty big over a week, if still MOE. Swing to Cons in others.
    Outlier, probably. Seems to be a reasonably consistent gap of around 10pts, on average, since the local elections.

Some suggestion of Lib Dems doing slightly better (at expense of the Greens) since C&A, but we'll see if that lasts.

NB Deltapoll's SNP number is definitely wonky. Same last time around as well. I know, subsamples and all that, but they keep reporting them on 2%. Nobody else does this.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Really? I reckon Italy have a much better chance of winning the thing, because they've scored more goals, and looked like scoring more goals, than England have. I'd much rather be in Italy's position than England's.
    Not to mention France, Begium, the Dutch, Germany.
    We look very solid. But have shown no evidence of having the urgency or creativity to step it up should we concede.
    Can't just switch it on
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,430

Wanker(s)

Proclaimers? Gove is Scottish.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
  • Options

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
  • Options

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
  • Options
    Lol, more fake than that bloke that tried to do Scoddish in Peaky Blinders.

• Options
    Blimey, I guess hit the send button too many times
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,598
    edited June 2021
    TimT said:

glw said:

BREAKING: India's health ministry describes Delta Plus, a new mutation of the Delta coronavirus variant, as a Variant of Concern https://t.co/8QZrqIpCiW

Oh FFS!
    We're going to need a bigger alphabet
    We just need to use some additional alphabets. Russian and Hebrew buy us another 55 letters, which should see us out to October at least...

Also: poor Scotland.
    Arabic adds a further 28: make that 33 if you add the additional letters from Farsi and Urdu
    Why not just use countries - there are 200 of those?
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
    Snowflakes such as Laurence Fox and PB's Leon.
  • Options

MrEd said:

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
    Lee Anderson MP also.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

MrEd said:

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
    Lee Anderson MP also.
    Another traitor.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

MrEd said:

Leon said:

stodge said:

Leon said:

Really, who said that?
    So, who's first to suggest that it is White Privilege for Kane to start ahead of DCL or Marcus Rashford?

Lights blue touch paper and retires...
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

kinabalu said:

Not to mention France, Begium, the Dutch, Germany.
    We look very solid. But have shown no evidence of having the urgency or creativity to step it up should we concede.
    Can't just switch it on
    All true. That said, the quarter final is not looking too difficult, if we can make it past whoever comes second in the France group.
This discussion has been closed.