Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

With the Cummings Commons Committee starting at 0930 – the former advisor Tweets a pic of pre-lockdo

12346»

Comments

• Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,766
    So what is the view of the Boris Johnson fanbois? Will all this "just blow Over"?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,285
    edited May 2021
    edit
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004
    edited May 2021

So what is the view of the Boris Johnson fanbois? Will all this "just blow Over"?

I think Hancock is going to come under pressure but doubt much else

As I have said the lockdown debacle is more likely to dent the polling

And I do prefer Rishi
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    gealbhan said:

Jonathan said:

Sympathies to government supporters defending this shower on PB today.

Will CCHQ circle the wagons to defend Matt Hancock?
    I expect his appearance before this committee in two weeks and their report in late June will decide his fate
    He is safe as houses. Just ignore all this, it will be gone in a week.

Much more serious for Hancock and Boris, they should have learnt from Welsh Government about how to run a vaccination programme more effectively.
    Hancock surely cannot wait a week, let alone a fortnight, before refuting Cummings' allegations of lying.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,884

Beth Rigby
    @BethRigby
    ·
    1m
    Hancock was interfering in T&T because he's made this public target and was gearing it all hitting my target. "He should have been fired for that thing alone". "It was criminal, disgraceful behaviour that caused serious harm"

Cummings clearly wants Hancock gone. Helps clear way for Gove?

And yet another perspective on this is that the testing numbers did hit the target (albeit with a slightly dubious 'tests sent out'). People may not like Hancock, but I think a lot of things on his watch have gone ok. Definitely not perfect, but not a complete fail either.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    edited May 2021
    Finally, Cummings goes on record with the claim that @BorisJohnson kept saying in autumn 2020 that he regretted not being more like 'the mayor of Jaws' in the spring.
    The Mayor of Jaws kept the beaches open despite shark attacks.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1397526042101829636?s=20
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Cummings accuses @NicolaSturgeon of undermining 4-nation covid approach: “As soon as you had these meetings Nicola Sturgeon would go straight out announce what she wanted. So you had these completely Potemkin meetings without anyone actually digging into the reality in detail."

https://twitter.com/Torcuil/status/1397503263709278208?s=20

He is obviously right on this. It happened in front of our eyes

At the time I remember thinking ‘this must make the meetings pointless, because no one will say anything important but contentious, because sturgeon will leak it’

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s possibly time to kick Scotland out of the union. Fuck them
    Sooner the better, but as you are a bunch of cowards and cannot stand on your own two feet or do without our money that will not happen.
    Writes the man from a country that voted to REMAIN in its current union of the people in the country that voted to LEAVE theirs.....
    Wrong sequence there; 2014 was entirely predicated on the UK remaining in the EU, as you well know. It's not even as if you are in the UK or EU yourself.
    What a load of bollocks

You supported YES in 2014. A YES vote would have meant immediate exit from the EU by Scotland. You were voting for your own mini-Brexit. It might have taken Scotland ten years to re-enter the EU, maybe 20, and you might not have done it. Because currency, etc

So exiting the EU was what you VOTED FOR in 2014, you pathetic creature, and now suddenly exiting the EU is so bad you want another vote so this time you can vote for... what? Maybe rejoining the EU? Or the EEA? Or not? Or what? You have no idea, do you? It is beyond lame

You looking to win the bollox of the month award. There was not a sniff of Brexit and the main campaign by the lying cheating toerag unionists was that if we voted yes we would be out of the EU. You trying to out porkie Carlotta.
  • gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Ian Dunt
    @IanDunt
    ·
    1h
    That is.... quite a thing to say. The Cabinet secretary had no confidence that the secretary of state for health would tell the truth during a pandemic.

Except it’s a Cummings lie, as Boris has just said at the dispatch box, it was never said to him.
    Well I believe Cummings before I believe Boris.
    There’s a lot Boris pointedly refused to refute at PMQs, talked jabs and levelling up instead, but he did refute that one which means he must be pretty confident his version can’t be undermined?
    Except as Paul Waugh has just pointed out he denied a claim which he then admitted he had not actually heard.
    But that’s perfectly fair enough?

This person told you this.
    Ah. But I didn’t actually hear it when he told me.

Cummings is hammering Matt Hancock for lying. Can any PBers think of a Prime Minister whose veracity is also in doubt?

Coming from another witness maybe this cuts through, but Cummings is not exactly Mr Paragon of Truth is he? I mean does anyone believe his version of the Barnard Castle nonense?

"If we don't fire [Hancock] then people will die" - Cummings claims.

The media are going to go after Hancock after today
    Well deserved , he should be tarred and feathered and run out of town, along with all his chums who made millions selling us crap PPE that was useless.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    Just looking through some work emails from last March.

Monday 2nd of March - General email sent out telling everyone to take their work laptops home on a daily basis.

Tuesday 3rd of March - Email sent out asking people if they could work from home for a period of at least three months, if they could what did they need to make sure they could work from home, and that the firm would pay for things like desk, chairs, extra broadband.

Same day - Email sent asking for thoughts about updating policies relating to Data Protection Issues and that was initiated.

Friday 6th of March - Staff asked to read new policies and flag up any issues, and work out what they needed to take home with them, and how to do that.

Sunday 8th of March - General work from home policy until further notice policy was agreed.

Monday 9th of March - Work from home order issued.

Home come my firm was about a fortnight ahead and more organised on Covid-19 than the government.
    Cicero said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Cummings accuses @NicolaSturgeon of undermining 4-nation covid approach: “As soon as you had these meetings Nicola Sturgeon would go straight out announce what she wanted. So you had these completely Potemkin meetings without anyone actually digging into the reality in detail."

At the time I remember thinking ‘this must make the meetings pointless, because no one will say anything important but contentious, because sturgeon will leak it’
    I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s possibly time to kick Scotland out of the union. Fuck them
    Sooner the better, but as you are a bunch of cowards and cannot stand on your own two feet or do without our money that will not happen.
    "To cut off your nose to spite your face" is also an expression in Russian, so maybe you trolls should increase your dosage before spouting such tosh.
    Touched a nerve there methinks, too scared to vote for English independence for sure.
  • gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362

Cummings is hammering Matt Hancock for lying. Can any PBers think of a Prime Minister whose veracity is also in doubt?

Coming from another witness maybe this cuts through, but Cummings is not exactly Mr Paragon of Truth is he? I mean does anyone believe his version of the Barnard Castle nonense?
    Absolutely right. What crazed loon would actually believe his Barnard Castle story... says Gove and Johnson.

Ian Dunt
    @IanDunt
    ·
    4m
    Reminder that Johnson just said explicitly in the Commons [Cab Sec saying Hancock lies] that this did not happen. Either he is misleading the House or Cummings is misleading the select committee.

Well they are both liars so take your pick...
    France announces compulsory quarantine for Brits going to France. Well this is going to ruin the plans of tens of thousands of British families, I suspect, if this stays in place for long.

https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/1397524364837351424?s=20
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969

NEW THREAD

• DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,772

France announces compulsory quarantine for Brits going to France. Well this is going to ruin the plans of tens of thousands of British families, I suspect, if this stays in place for long.

https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/1397524364837351424?s=20

Anyone who thinks Boris has had a bad crisis (and Lord knows its been pretty mixed) really needs to look over the Channel for a comparator. I find the fact that Macron is still favourite to be re-elected genuinely astonishing.
    malcolmg said:

Cicero said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

"To cut off your nose to spite your face" is also an expression in Russian, so maybe you trolls should increase your dosage before spouting such tosh.
    Touched a nerve there methinks, too scared to vote for English independence for sure.
    The No1 fanbois of the alleged sex pest is in excitable though predictably inarticulate today.
  • RattersRatters Posts: 756
    Whatever you think of Cummings, this is a refreshing change from Select Committee hearings where people giving evidence obfuscate and try their best not to give much away.

Hancock should come under a lot of pressure over this, but the trustworthiness of Cummings probably sure he stays safe.
    DougSeal said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

The guy who is definately, absolutely, 100% not Anti-English in any way shape or form replies to the UFO and weather obsessive. What a time to be on this board.
    The tank top stalker is back to his old tricks, "whine whine anti-English". Dispute the facts you cretinous cowardly puffed up loser. Trying playing the ball sometime and not the man.
    malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Writes the man from a country that voted to REMAIN in its current union of the people in the country that voted to LEAVE theirs.....
    Wrong sequence there; 2014 was entirely predicated on the UK remaining in the EU, as you well know. It's not even as if you are in the UK or EU yourself.
    What a load of bollocks

You supported YES in 2014. A YES vote would have meant immediate exit from the EU by Scotland. You were voting for your own mini-Brexit. It might have taken Scotland ten years to re-enter the EU, maybe 20, and you might not have done it. Because currency, etc

So exiting the EU was what you VOTED FOR in 2014, you pathetic creature, and now suddenly exiting the EU is so bad you want another vote so this time you can vote for... what? Maybe rejoining the EU? Or the EEA? Or not? Or what? You have no idea, do you? It is beyond lame

There was not a sniff of Brexit
    It was EXPLICITLY mentioned in the ScotGov white paper:

If we remain in the UK, the Conservative Party’s promise of an in/out referendum on EU membership raises the serious possibility that Scotland will be forced to leave the EU against the wishes of the people of Scotland.

Page 60

Don't tell me you didn't read it....?
    malcolmg said:

Cicero said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Oh dear, in case you haven't noticed, oh Brain of Alba, there is no such vote on offer.

Beth Rigby
    @BethRigby
    ·
    1m
    Hancock was interfering in T&T because he's made this public target and was gearing it all hitting my target. "He should have been fired for that thing alone". "It was criminal, disgraceful behaviour that caused serious harm"

Cummings clearly wants Hancock gone. Helps clear way for Gove?

And yet another perspective on this is that the testing numbers did hit the target (albeit with a slightly dubious 'tests sent out'). People may not like Hancock, but I think a lot of things on his watch have gone ok. Definitely not perfect, but not a complete fail either.
    SEnt to fictitious characters, it was as fake as a three bob bit, the toerag lied through his teeth.
    Johnson not doing well in this afternoon's testimony:

Rashford:
    Comms people "Don't pick a fight with Rashford"
    Johnson: "Pick a fight with Rashord"
    Johnson backs down twice.
    Comms get blamed....
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    The attack on Hancock is an attack on Johnson too. If the Cabinet Secretary, and multiple other people, were saying he should be sacked, why did Johnson not get rid?
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226
    https://twitter.com/uncertainvector/status/1397535319327744009?s=21

Lieutenant Ryan Graves, who when interviewed by 60 Minutes last week said UAPs were seen almost every day for two years.

“Lot of great conversation going into the minutiae of the GIMBAL video. I fully support the different viewpoints and perspectives into the matter. However, I am not overly concerned about the details of the video. The shared footage is a very tiny piece of this puzzle.

I recognize it isn’t ‘fair’ for me to reference material that isn’t publicly available. However, to me, there is no argument.

Sensor/radar/datalink/PID/IFF/airplane schedule/geographic location are all pieces that indicate there shouldn’t have been a fleet of objects where they were.

This isn’t in question- these are the same tools we use to employ weapons and maintain sanitization of airspace. When the aircrew landed back on the boat, we had a crowd of fascinated intel officers and aircrew who watched all the data. The leads in the room were perplexed enough to call the Strike Group Admiral down to view the data.“
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226
    moonshine said:

https://twitter.com/uncertainvector/status/1397535319327744009?s=21

Lieutenant Ryan Graves, who when interviewed by 60 Minutes last week said UAPs were seen almost every day for two years.

“Lot of great conversation going into the minutiae of the GIMBAL video. I fully support the different viewpoints and perspectives into the matter. However, I am not overly concerned about the details of the video. The shared footage is a very tiny piece of this puzzle.

I recognize it isn’t ‘fair’ for me to reference material that isn’t publicly available. However, to me, there is no argument.

Sensor/radar/datalink/PID/IFF/airplane schedule/geographic location are all pieces that indicate there shouldn’t have been a fleet of objects where they were.

This isn’t in question- these are the same tools we use to employ weapons and maintain sanitization of airspace. When the aircrew landed back on the boat, we had a crowd of fascinated intel officers and aircrew who watched all the data. The leads in the room were perplexed enough to call the Strike Group Admiral down to view the data.“

Meanwhile on CNN...

https://youtu.be/ousWgSIPbwE
This discussion has been closed.