Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As Trump struggles to hang Biden extends his favourability lead over Trump 9% – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited November 2020 in General
imageAs Trump struggles to hang Biden extends his favourability lead over Trump 9% – politicalbetting.com

Gallup is reporting this afternoon that President-elect Joe Biden’s favourability rating has risen six percentage points to 55% since the election compared with his final pre-election reading. At the same time, President Donald Trump’s favourability has edged down three points to 42%.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Trump's becoming a bit of a bad smell.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Struggles to hang? Struggles to hang Biden?

I think Trump would have edged it if Joe had tripped over his dog a month ago. Real old man stuff.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444
    edited November 2020
    Watch a bunch boring old farts there are on PB.

I mean not hearing of Rita Ora, I bet you've never heard of Dua Lipa either.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,200

Oh come on now - you're just making these up...
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

Watch a bunch boring old farts there on PB.

The Kosovan diaspora are a successful bunch. Mind you, I think I'd prefer Dua Lipa in midfield than Granit Xhaka.
  • Options

Oh come on now - you're just making these up...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57bNHupO3MU

She was probably the best thing about going to Kyiv in 2018.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    edited November 2020
    Winners usually get honeymoon bounces here too. I would guess they're much larger. I just about remember Blair's, which took his popularity to North Korean levels.

I suppose the interesting question is whether Biden's will influence Georgia.

I have to say, I doubt it, for two reasons. First, there's more than a month left to go, and the boost may be ephemeral, and, second, I've yet to hear any of the Democrats or Independents I know over there express any enthusiasm whatsoever for Biden, except as Mr Not-Trump.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Watch a bunch boring old farts there on PB.

The Kosovan diaspora are a successful bunch. Mind you, I think I'd prefer Dua Lipa in midfield than Granit Xhaka.
    There was a period of time when I wanted Liverpool to sign Granit Xhaka.

So our midfield would have been Xhaka Can, XHAKA CAN.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,616
    edited November 2020

Edit - behind the curve.

Edit again - I was expecting Dua to be a bloke for some reason.
  • Options
    If it turns out the Tiers vote and Brexit deal only passes thanks to the votes of Labour MPs then I think Sir Keir Starmer is the most powerful LOTO since Attlee.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,433
    Fishing said:

Winners usually get honeymoon bounces here too. I would guess they're much larger. I just about remember Blair's, which took his popularity to North Korean levels.

I suppose the interesting question is whether Biden's will influence Georgia.

I have to say, I doubt it, for two reasons. First, there's more than a month left to go, and the boost may be ephemeral, and, second, I've yet to hear any of the Democrats or Independents I know over there express any enthusiasm whatsoever for Biden, except as Mr Not-Trump.

Given Biden's apparent bone density, any honeymoon bouncing is surely inadvisable.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347

If it turns out the Tiers vote and Brexit deal only passes thanks to the votes of Labour MPs then I think Sir Keir Starmer is the most powerful LOTO since Attlee.

More powerful than Blair in 1996?
  • Options
    "Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey has said his party is prepared not to back the government's "arbitrary" and "chaotic" new tier system for England in a vote on Tuesday."

Vote LibDem - get rid of your grandparents.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304
    BREAKING

I am hearing reports of horse-drawn carriages being phased out in favour of self-propelling vehicles.

Obviously fake news.

• Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,319
    edited November 2020
    I think he's referring to Germany's stubborn refusal to accept the third goal was over the line.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,200
    Scott_xP said:
    Its very light on the parameters for each tier section. Makes sense to keep the options loose, but will frustrate many. E.g. Dorset now has a very similar case per 100,000 per week to Cornwall, so should surely be Tier 1?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779

"Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey has said his party is prepared not to back the government's "arbitrary" and "chaotic" new tier system for England in a vote on Tuesday."

Stupid issue to try to make a stand on anyway. Just unknowable grey.

(As I posted yesterday the LDs seem to have made an early start on London Mayor campaigning - that's where Sir Ed could usefully employ his talents)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

BREAKING

I am hearing reports of horse-drawn carriages being phased out in favour of self-propelling vehicles.

Obviously fake news.

Yeah - total red flag - you'll need one in front of you.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited November 2020

Edit again - I was expecting Dua to be a bloke for some reason.
    The bloke who invented the multi-slice toaster, presumably.
  • Options

What about Iain Duncan-Smith on whose votes the UK went to war in Iraq?
  • Options

Yes, Major was able to pass budgets and other legislation right up to dissolution.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    edited November 2020

Of course, depending on your point of view you could argue that the whole of Parliament is in favour of the Granny Genocide. Most of the scientists are doing their pieces over all this and want no weakening of the imprisonment edicts at all; some local authorities and the main teaching union want the kids sent home again for the duration to boot.

One gains the distinct impression that they would like everybody put under house arrest until next Summer - which, in due course, is what they'll probably get.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    Eleven years earlier than that.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    edited November 2020
    Fishing said:

Tbf IDS and "most powerful" are 2 phrases the human mind finds it difficult to simultaneously conceive.

Ps. This is true of IDS and LOTO also.
  • Options
    Fishing said:

That really didn't have much impact, and I suspect if the Tories had voted against, enough Labour rebels would have backed the government and the result would have been similar to the February vote.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,226
    edited November 2020

If Starmer passes the Brexit Deal then he's a fool.

The Tories need to own this economic clusterf*ck lock stock and barrel.
  • Options

System said:

imageAs Trump struggles to hang Biden extends his favourability lead over Trump 9% – politicalbetting.com

Gallup is reporting this afternoon that President-elect Joe Biden’s favourability rating has risen six percentage points to 55% since the election compared with his final pre-election reading. At the same time, President Donald Trump’s favourability has edged down three points to 42%.

Read the full story here

I like that pic of Barron, I have high hopes for him; I'm seeing him as a sardonic Holden Caulfield type figure wreaking anarchistic havoc in the Trumpian kakocracy (or whatever's left of it after the final Untergang), and ripping the pish out of Diaper Don and him too stupid to realise it.

Of course it might go the other way, torturing small animals and graduating to psychopathic serial murders. Here's hoping it's the former.
    Hmm...he's already looking like a distant relative of the Addams family so I suspect the latter.
  • Options

Here's the thing - SKS should just say Tier X here should be Tier Y or that the approach is either too firm/too lax/whatever and oppose it.

He is the f***ing LOTO. What LOTO has in history twice supported a government which otherwise might have been defeated?
  • Options

System said:

Read the full story here

I like that pic of Barron, I have high hopes for him; I'm seeing him as a sardonic Holden Caulfield type figure wreaking anarchistic havoc in the Trumpian kakocracy (or whatever's left of it after the final Untergang), and ripping the pish out of Diaper Don and him too stupid to realise it.

Of course it might go the other way, torturing small animals and graduating to psychopathic serial murders. Here's hoping it's the former.
    Melania could take one for the team, one last night of passion would probably finish the Donald off. She'd need extensive counselling afterwards, but I'm sure the Dems would consider it a small price to pay.
  • Options

Fishing said:

That really didn't have much impact, and I suspect if the Tories had voted against, enough Labour rebels would have backed the government and the result would have been similar to the February vote.
    Maybe the same will be true of Tory rebels if Starmer doesn't back the Government? Speculating on counterfactuals is pointless, if often irresistible.

Starmer won't be more powerful after the votes - he'll be thrust back into the usual irrelevance that an LOTO has facing a government with a large majority. All he'll have done will have been to enable the government to get key policies through Parliament.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Here's the thing - SKS should just say Tier X here should be Tier Y or that the approach is either too firm/too lax/whatever and oppose it.

He is the f***ing LOTO. What LOTO has in history twice supported a government which otherwise might have been defeated?
    Definitely Attlee, there's an argument down below for IDS saving Blair's government twice on Iraq votes.
  • Options
    Hancock's Half Hour is on.

Not as many laughs as the original so far.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990

System said:

Read the full story here

Melania could take one for the team, one last night of passion would probably finish the Donald off. She'd need extensive counselling afterwards, but I'm sure the Dems would consider it a small price to pay.
    Surely there are other candidates for the job. Possibly more 'expert'.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    Clem wasn't LOTO between May 1940 and May 1945.
  • Options

System said:

Read the full story here

Can you talk about finishing Donald off?

Because I really didn't want that as an image in my head.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Definitely Attlee, there's an argument down below for IDS saving Blair's government twice on Iraq votes.
    Different imo.

For Iraq the govt was apparently privy to information that, they said, placed the UK in direct harm's way. As such, given the information Lab was disseminating (later shown to be a pack of lies, obvs) it would have been impossible for the Cons to oppose.

Here, although there is threat also, there are no known unknowns. There is a trajectory of the disease under certain scenarios, which have been made public by every epidemiologist able to speak into a microphone, and an associated economic cost. Again, well modelled by many parties.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    But in May 1940 he was arguably the most powerful LOTO ever, helping oust the PM and pretty much putting a veto on Halifax succeeding Chamberlain.
  • Options
    Is Wisconsin back in play? Out 3 ticks today (though that might just reflect weeks to settlement) but the ECV bands too.

Current Betfair prices:-

Biden 1.05
    Democrats 1.05
    Biden PV 1.03
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.06
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.06
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.1
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.1
    Biden ECV Hcap -48.5 1.05
    Biden ECV Hcap -63.5 1.08
    Trump ECV Hcap +81.5 1.02

AZ Dem 1.05
    GA Dem 1.05
    MI Dem 1.05
    NV Dem 1.05
    PA Dem 1.06
    WI Dem 1.06

Trump to leave before end of term NO 1.11
    Trump exit date 2021 1.11
  • Options
    The light of dawn is on the horizon, says Hancock.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,981

Boris will own the deal - the fact he will only get it through Parliament with Labours help will ensure his days are numbered.
  • Options

System said:

Read the full story here

Hmm...he's already looking like a distant relative of the Addams family so I suspect the latter.
    I think that is unkind, that looks like pure unhappiness to me. Makes me want to see him rehomed.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    But in May 1940 he was arguably the most powerful LOTO ever, helping oust the PM and pretty much putting a veto on Halifax succeeding Chamberlain.
    Probably the wisest and most significant action of a LOTO in history.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    I'm not sure that supporting the government in its regulations re the consumption of Scotch eggs in licensed premises is quite in the same league, TBH.
  • Options
    Not much on vaccines there. Mention of Moderna, but no details of roll-out.
  • Options

Is Wisconsin back in play? Out 3 ticks today (though that might just reflect weeks to settlement) but the ECV bands too.

Biden 1.05
    Democrats 1.05
    Biden PV 1.03
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.06
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.06
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.1
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.1

AZ Dem 1.05
    GA Dem 1.05
    MI Dem 1.05
    NV Dem 1.05
    PA Dem 1.06
    WI Dem 1.06

"Recount in two Wisconsin counties reinforces Biden’s victory." - NYTimes
  • Options

This talk about people "owning" stuff is real cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Permitting a preventable no deal crashout in order to make Johnson look jolly silly would be party before country stuff of which I hope Starmer is simply incapable.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    I'm not sure that supporting the government in its regulations re the consumption of Scotch eggs in licensed premises is quite in the same league, TBH.
    But it is possible that if these tier regulations don't pass then it could see more deaths than The Blitz.

That's how much power Starmer has.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

In the 1951 parliament?
    Probably the wisest and most significant action of a LOTO in history.
    Yup.
  • Options

In the 1951 parliament?
    But it is possible that if these tier regulations don't pass then it could see more deaths than The Blitz.

Yes, I know, but it's not really power if it's a no-brainer and he doesn't have any choice.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990

Biden 1.05
    Democrats 1.05
    Biden PV 1.03
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.06
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.06
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.1
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.1

AZ Dem 1.05
    GA Dem 1.05
    MI Dem 1.05
    NV Dem 1.05
    PA Dem 1.06
    WI Dem 1.06

Surely someone, somewhere, has the guts to stand up and tell Trump that he's lost. What, for example has Pence got to lose by doing so?
    Probably pick a few brownie points with the NYT etc by calming the situation. Even though some transition teams are working, the situation can't be good for the US.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

System said:

Read the full story here

I think that is unkind, that looks like pure unhappiness to me. Makes me want to see him rehomed.
    He'll be rehomed soon enough...sadly with his own family.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

This talk about people "owning" stuff is real cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Permitting a preventable no deal crashout in order to make Johnson look jolly silly would be party before country stuff of which I hope Starmer is simply incapable.
    When it all goes wrong, which is will as any deal now will be as skinny as a 90s supermodel as someone quipped the other day - then if Starmer voted for it this will come back to haunt him.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,668

IshmaelZ said:

When it all goes wrong, which is will as any deal now will be as skinny as a 90s supermodel as someone quipped the other day - then if Starmer voted for it this will come back to haunt him.
    Labour could abstain to allow it to pass, I guess?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1333460907750543365

“They want to decide what we can eat. Now they want to choose who we can love.”

A new law approved by the ruling Hindu nationalist party this week has set the stage for a crackdown on interfaith marriages. (2)

Poised to become law within days in Uttar Pradesh, home to almost 240 million people, the new legislation will impose jail terms of up to ten years for anyone convicted of using marriage to force their partner to change religion. (3)

The law mentions no particular faith but there is little doubt of its main target.

Government officials warn of “love jihad”: the conspiracy theory of an alleged plot by Muslim men to convert Hindu women to Islam through marriage. (4)
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Ok, so his 'superpower' is voting against when he knows it'll pass anyway?
  • Options

Biden 1.05
    Democrats 1.05
    Biden PV 1.03
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.06
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.06
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.1
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.1

AZ Dem 1.05
    GA Dem 1.05
    MI Dem 1.05
    NV Dem 1.05
    PA Dem 1.06
    WI Dem 1.06

Yes, and after the recount, Wisconsin came into 1.03 but it is now back out to 1.06; now, that is probably just a correction to reflect the long wait to settlement, in line with the other states, *except* that the two complementary ECV band markets are both out to 1.1 suggesting something else is going on.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

IshmaelZ said:

Abstain.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,442
    edited November 2020

In the 1951 parliament?

Yes, I know, but it's not really power if it's a no-brainer and he doesn't have any choice.
    Can Starmer get anything in exchange?

Because a warm feeling for having done the right thing is nice, but it doesn't butter any parsnips.

And the knowledge that there are several dozen irresponsible idiots on the Conservative benches shouldn't be news to anyone, even Bozza.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Nah, Labour were in favour of ERM membership and Dave & George supported Gordon Brown's spending plans but nobody remembered that when it all went mammary glands up.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,996
    IshmaelZ said:

I think Trump would have edged it if Joe had tripped over his dog a month ago. Real old man stuff.

Pretty crass ageist stuff.

Injuries to the bones in the feet are easily done, I was in a walking boot for five months last autumn after sustaining a hairline fracture to my large metatarsal in an innocuous encounter with a football. I'm in my forties.

It's literally an unlucky break in most cases, but you right go ahead and be waspish about it.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

But if (like Corbyn) he takes Labour through the same lobbies as the looniest of ERG nutjobs and thus actually trips us into a No Deal crashout, he'll also own that. Depends on the numbers and what the other parties do, obviously, but (if there is any kind of deal), I expect a substantial number of Tory MPs will vote against it.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,405
    DougSeal said:

Here's an unexpected downside of homeworking. During a phone call today with a new colleague I have yet to meet in person I remarked about the old school picture of himself wearing school uniform he had posted as his LinkedIn avitar. Turns out he took it himself last month in a brand new blue suit he had bought especially.

You have done him a favour - if you genuinely thought that, he needs a better suit and/or a better photograph.
  • Options
    UK cases by specimen date

• Options
    IshmaelZ said:

He's the leader of the Opposition (apparently).

It is his job to tell the government that anything they are doing his party could do better. From Brexit, to Covid response, to schools, hospitals, you name it.

That, surely, has got to be written on the first pager of the Leader of the Opposition 1.01 manual?

I mean even Jeremy effing Corbyn realised this.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Bollocks.
  • Options
    UK cases by specimen date and scaled to 100K population

• Options

Omnium said:

IshmaelZ said:

Abstain.
    Not sure that you'll convince the historians of his powerful moment that way.
  • Options
    UK local R

• Options
    DougSeal said:

Here's an unexpected downside of homeworking. During a phone call today with a new colleague I have yet to meet in person I remarked about the old school photo of himself wearing school uniform he had posted as his LinkedIn profile pic. Turns out he took it himself last month in a brand new blue suit he had bought especially.

What line of business are you in again?

:wink:
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

Biden 1.05
    Democrats 1.05
    Biden PV 1.03
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.06
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.06
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.1
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.1

AZ Dem 1.05
    GA Dem 1.05
    MI Dem 1.05
    NV Dem 1.05
    PA Dem 1.06
    WI Dem 1.06

Surely someone, somewhere, has the guts to stand up and tell Trump that he's lost. What, for example has Pence got to lose by doing so?
    Probably pick a few brownie points with the NYT etc by calming the situation. Even though some transition teams are working, the situation can't be good for the US.
    They don't need to tell him because he already knows that he has lost. He's made comments before in contests that he could only possibly lose if a contest is rigged, and now he's just upping the rhetoric as he did indeed lose. Amplifying the grievance aids his future position and any problems he has coming won't be made any worse by acting like he has, so he's going for it.

It's despicable, but from his perspective rational - only he matters, so anything is permissable.
  • Options
    UK case summary

• Options
    UK hospitals

• Options
    UK deaths

• Options
    TOPPING said:

DougSeal said:

Here's an unexpected downside of homeworking. During a phone call today with a new colleague I have yet to meet in person I remarked about the old school photo of himself wearing school uniform he had posted as his LinkedIn profile pic. Turns out he took it himself last month in a brand new blue suit he had bought especially.

Barrister I believe, they struggle when they don't have a solicitor doing all the hard work for them.
  • Options

Bollocks.
    I'm no sure you'll find the light of dawn otherwise.
  • Options
    UK R

From case data

From hospital admissions data

• Options

IshmaelZ said:

Pretty crass ageist stuff.

Injuries to the bones in the feet are easily done, I was in a walking boot for five months last autumn after sustaining a hairline fracture to my large metatarsal in an innocuous encounter with a football. I'm in my forties.

It's literally an unlucky break in most cases, but you right go ahead and be waspish about it.
    I was actually just objectively thinking about the possibility of this incident, amplified by Trump on twitter the way he does best, being Dole falling off the stage in 1996 all over again.

Odd post.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    edited November 2020
    TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

It is his job to tell the government that anything they are doing his party could do better. From Brexit, to Covid response, to schools, hospitals, you name it.

That, surely, has got to be written on the first pager of the Leader of the Opposition 1.01 manual?

He can say that and still vote for something, if he thinks it appropritate in the circumstances. The approach you describe is that of a child, which would explain why Corbyn realised it.

Should Labour MPs not have voted for gay marriage because they were in opposition when it was proposed? Or did they vote for it whilst still being able to insist they could do a better job on equality issues?

Even an opposition doesn't just oppose all the time as there are plenty of things sides will actually agree about, or there might only be one viable option available, which might need to be taken without sacrificing the ability to condemn the government for getting in that position.
  • Options
    How is he undermining them?

He's listing one of the many benefits of vaccination.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138
    TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

Tactically the reaction of Johnson's backbenches and wider party to a deal that could only be passed with Labour's help makes it worthwhile.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    Mr Hancock says a programme across all UK universities will ensure as many as possible can get a test before they travel home.

So we have gone from all students getting tested to as many as possible. This isn't good enough. This should have been absolute priority to have them all tested and then sent home as soon as they are negative.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

DougSeal said:

Barrister I believe, they struggle when they don't have a solicitor doing all the hard work for them.
    I thought (s)he was in employment law. Would know all about harrassment, intimidation, bullying, not treating people fairly, etc...
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Here's an unexpected downside of homeworking. During a phone call today with a new colleague I have yet to meet in person I remarked about the old school picture of himself wearing school uniform he had posted as his LinkedIn avitar. Turns out he took it himself last month in a brand new blue suit he had bought especially.

You have done him a favour - if you genuinely thought that, he needs a better suit and/or a better photograph.
    There have been some shocking suits posted on pb over the years. :wink:
  • Options

Mr Hancock says a programme across all UK universities will ensure as many as possible can get a test before they travel home.

Sowe have gone from all students getting tested to as many as possible. This isn't good enough.

I hear on the grapevine that students aren't taking the tests as they don't want to be told to self isolate for last two weeks of term.
  • Options
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,548

Does NZ control the policies of individual businesses?
  • Options

Yes, exactly.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

Yup. So speak against, put down a symbolic amendment ("reluctantly, under duress"... I don't know, I teach physics for a living), but ultimately vote for The Rubbish Deal.

Because whist this will be a bad deal in any realistic sense, it's unlikely to be A Bad Deal in the "No Deal is better than A Bad Deal" sense.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    Wales Circuit Breaker is not looking a good policy
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Unfortunate. If I were him I would now be wondering whether that was a put down or a come on.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

He can say that and still vote for something, if he thinks it appropritate in the circumstances. The approach you describe is that of a child, which would explain why Corbyn realised it.

Should Labour MPs not have voted for gay marriage because they were in opposition when it was proposed? Or did they vote for it whilst still being able to insist they could do a better job on equality issues?

Even an opposition doesn't just oppose all the time as there are plenty of things sides will actually agree about, or there might only be one viable option available, which might need to be taken without sacrificing the ability to condemn the government for getting in that position.
    Absolutely wrong.

He is every day ceding ground and the initiative to the Cons.

In 12-18 or 36 months time:

SKS: The Cons got it very badly wrong over Covid and Brexit.
    Everyone: If it was so badly wrong why did you support it?
This discussion has been closed.