Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The political party of 2013 – it has to be UKIP

124»

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    isam said:

He bit someone, got banned for 10 games, but didn't get sent off and scored a late equaliser

Grrreat

Seem to experiencing a fair bit of 'variance' myself this December ;p
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    I see that as I expected Jennifer Barclay, widow of the late councillor Billy Barclay has won her husband's seat on Highland Council. She will sit as an Independent.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    @Robert_Of_Sheffield

What a surprise...
  • Options
    Two ex-soldiers who firebombed a Grimsby mosque after Lee Rigby murder each jailed for 6 years at Hull Crown Court

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25469555
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,080
    One for the railway renationalisation ideologues:
    A SURVEY of railway passengers in the European Union has concluded that more passengers in the United Kingdom are satisfied with their rail journeys than in any other country, with the sole exception of the small system serving Finland.
    Perhaps privatisation is working well ... :-)

http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2013/12/20-britain-has-best-major-rail.html

• Options
    Mr Justice Sweeney will pass sentence in R v MacShane this afternoon.
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,949

A SURVEY of railway passengers in the European Union has concluded that more passengers in the United Kingdom are satisfied with their rail journeys than in any other country, with the sole exception of the small system serving Finland.

Hmm - that is a survey for the Rail Delivery Group, and similar surveys are, as far as I know, part of the scoring system for the franchising process.
  • Options
    CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK 19s

MacShane created pseudonym EJ Matthews because 'he thought association with pro-European think tank might hinder his career in Labour Party'
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,080
    Carnyx said:

Hmm - that is a survey for the Rail Delivery Group, and similar surveys are, as far as I know, part of the scoring system for the franchising process.

The survey was done by the European Commission. The RDG was just commenting on it.
    The study was conducted by the European Commission to measure customers' satisfaction with all aspects of domestic rail services, including trains, stations and other aspects such as accessibility for the elderly or disabled.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10528441/British-trains-among-best-in-Europe.html

I must admit I am surprised: as long as there are no methodological problems, it is a sign that perhaps - just perhaps - we're doing some things right.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,949

Thanks for correction!
  • Options
    GaiusGaius Posts: 227
    Hugh said:

Gaius said:

Hugh said:

About time the Tories grew a pair and started handing UKIP their arses.

Would you either 1, like to say how, or 2, admit you are talking bollocks?
    I'm sick to death of this grassroots authentic voice of the working man act.
    You may well be sick of it but why don't you actually go out and study who ukip members are and who votes for them.

Your being sick is merely the outward manifestation of you ignoring reality.
    Labour won't really bother as they feel they stand to benefit from the split on the Right.
    I am sure that ukip are perfectly happy for liebour to ignore a direct electoral threat.

DEs are currently splitting roughly Lab 40, Con 25 Lib 10 UKIP 10.

The Tories have at least twice as much right to claim to speak for the "working classes" as UKIP. Heck, even the Greens are on about 5.

I asked you to point out how the tories can take on ukip or admit you are talking bollocks.

You havn't answered this question. You didn't even try.

I put it to you that you are therefore talking bollocks.

• Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312

The BBC have just announced that the Labour peer Baron Janner is helping the police with their inquiries, in relation to child abuse, but hasn't been arrested. He retired as an MP in 97, and isn't a widely known politician, but it's still not a story any political party would want to be associated with, however remotely.

Greville Janner? I've heard of him, at least. He was on the Board of Jewish Deputies.

I read about him on the 'Labour 25' site, but assumed it was the usual anti-semitic crud.
This discussion has been closed.