Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » My poll finding of the Year – the massive gap between perce

2»

Comments

• Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
  • Options
    MonkeysMonkeys Posts: 755
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    edited December 2013

Ooooh - Strictly racism?

Strictly Susanna getting the viewer's vote. She reminds me of Julie Andrews with all that gurning.
  • Options
    Carola said:

Ooooh - Strictly racism?

Strictly Susanna getting the viewer's vote. She reminds me of Julie Andrews with all that gurning.

Not a fan of hers. Too much energy and all-round niceness. If it's not an act it's terrifying!

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Monkeys said:

What problems are supposedly caused by immigration? Facts please!

Importing poor people results in us importing poverty. Lots of it.

Only 20% of bangladesh of working age are in full time employment. It's 50% for white British.

Poverty rate for minority ethnic groups in uk is 40%, it's 20% for white British.
  • Options

Peter O'Toole has died.

Loved him in Lawrence of Arabia.

"The trick, Screaming Eagles, is not minding that it hurts!"
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

A few decades ago it was in Derbyshire.
    That was in 1934.
    TSE is a Tory remember... they take a while to catch up with the rest of us ;-)
  • Options

MikeK said:

@MikeK
    What a ridiculous statement about official statistics. Time, even at your age, that you grew up.

It's being slightly ridiculous that keeps me young. Just think on this Mike. Statistics for the NHS have been wrong for years and continue to be wrong. A huge new computerised Data base was promised to remedy this but never materialised thanks to the inept company and technicians doing the job. Now the same is happening with IDS's W&P dept. I wouldn't trust the NHS with my life, how about you?
    I have trusted the NHS with my life on two occasions in the past 18 years when the skill and commitment of clinicians prevented me from having a premature death. Some of those clinicians were what you would describe as immigrants.
    And yet you view the system as the decisive factor rather than the skill and dedication of the clinicians and their supporting teams?
  • Options
    Monkeys said:
    But twice as likely to be poor and two and half times as likely as to be unemployed?
  • Options

NB - I did once answer a survey asking if I'd be concerned if an ethnic minority or Muslim family moved in next door, I did say yes.

Why may I ask?

• Options
    notme said:

Monkeys said:
    But twice as likely to be poor and two and half times as likely as to be unemployed?
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405
    Bradley Wiggins is taller than he seems.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,608
    edited December 2013

NB - I did once answer a survey asking if I'd be concerned if an ethnic minority or Muslim family moved in next door, I did say yes.

Why may I ask?

I'm a very bad Muslim, they'd be tut-tutting at me all the time, and not just because of my choice in footwear.

I married an Infidel remember.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Why may I ask?

Perhaps because he didn't want himself to be surrounded by Black and Asian types as his property price might go down could be one such reason.
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
    You doubt?

Another quote, "Almost half of all children from ethnic minorities are in poverty."

Importing poverty.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
    Why not disprove it? This facts please shtick, gets old really quickly. It smacks of a low grade tutor trying to impress a third rate student.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    notme said:

Monkeys said:

Only 20% of bangladesh of working age are in full time employment. It's 50% for white British.

Poverty rate for minority ethnic groups in uk is 40%, it's 20% for white British.
    "Only 20% of bangladesh of working age are in full time employment". Data source please.
  • Options
    saddened said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
    Why not disprove it? This facts please shtick, gets old really quickly. It smacks of a low grade tutor trying to impress a third rate student.
    Supposition isn't interesting to read though. I don't care what you suppose, or what the Daily Express journalist supposes for money.

• Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Why may I ask?

I'm a very bad Muslim, they'd be tut-tutting at me all the time, and not just because of my choice in footwear.

Out of interest, in your opinion / experience, when does, to use your phrase, 'a very bad Muslim':

a) Cease to be a Muslim in the eyes of the mianstream Muslim community
    b) Cease to be a Muslim in the eyes of the 'very bad Muslim'
  • Options

Why may I ask?

But not all ethnic minorities are Muslim, remember?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited December 2013

Why may I ask?

And not all Muslims are from an ethnic minority groups.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Why may I ask?

Out of interest, in your opinion / experience, when does, to use your phrase, 'a very bad Muslim':

a) Cease to be a Muslim in the eyes of the mianstream Muslim community
    b) Cease to be a Muslim in the eyes of the 'very bad Muslim'
    In my experience a bad Muslim is a Muslim, who doesn't pray five times a day, and read the Quran daily.

A very bad Muslim, is one who does two of out of the following three, drinks alcohol, fornicates and eats Bacon.

I've down two out of those three.

Full disclosure, some very Bad Muslims pray five times a day, and read the Quran daily.

I am not one of those people.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:

"Only 20% of bangladesh of working age are in full time employment". Data source please.
    Labour Force Survey
    Family Resources Survey
  • Options

Why may I ask?

I know, it was an either/or question that I was asked.

I'd be happy living next door to ethnic minorities, just prefer it if they weren't (devout) Muslims.
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

saddened said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
    Supposition isn't interesting to read though. I don't care what you suppose, or what the Daily Express journalist supposes for money.

So you have no clue how to go about proving him wrong, but seem to think smugly posting "facts please" adds to the discussion. It doesn't. Stop it.

• Options
    saddened said:

Monkeys said:

saddened said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)

So you have no clue how to go about proving him wrong, but seem to think smugly posting "facts please" adds to the discussion. It doesn't. Stop it.

I'm not sure why you think that asking someone for the reasons why they think something, is in some way avoiding debate. It's easier to prove a fact wrong if it, you know, has been mentioned.

• Options
    philiph said:

Why may I ask?

And not all Muslims are from an ethnic minority groups.
    I wonder how many muslims there are who are white British. I would have thought quite a small number.
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

saddened said:

Monkeys said:

saddened said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)

I'm not sure why you think that asking someone for the reasons why they think something, is in some way avoiding debate. It's easier to prove a fact wrong if it, you know, has been mentioned.

Do you accept that a problem with immigration is that it imports poverty? There are arguments to say that some waves of immigration have shown to be exceptionally successful and boosted the country economically, socially and culturally. But, I would argue that that is the exception, not the rule.
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    Floater said:

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

The Muslim and Black/Asian are interesting. If you go to deepest shires, you are bound to hear things like, "you cannot walk the streets because of those blacks" when there isn't one probably in a radius of 15 miles.

The same goes for crime figures.

What Shires are you talking about?
    In my experience a lot of areas outside London are like that. It is one of those bumpkin attitudes that feeds into the the hatred of London – a rich, self-important, permissive leftie paradise that is full of immigrants and foreigners.
    Hmm, absolute rubbish.

My experience is nothing like that - I have lived both in London and various places outside.
    I'm not saying it is everywhere - but some places.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,073
    notme said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

Monkeys said:
    Facts please!

implies:

(Citation needed)
    You doubt?

Another quote, "Almost half of all children from ethnic minorities are in poverty."

Importing poverty.
    Surely you mean "importing workers willing to work for minimum wage, and therefore improving the global competitiveness of British companies", right?

I am - of course - just being silly.

There are downsides to immigration, obviously. There are downsides to shutting yourself off to the outside world. Life is a series of choices, all of which carry advantages and disadvantages. If you are the CEO of a technology or finance company, you will be keen to keep the gates as wide open as possible, because the success of your firm depends on attracting the best talent from around the world. If, on the other hand, you are working in a low wage job, in a depressed part of the country, where there is already competition for the few opportunities around, it is unlikely you will believe your interests are best served by (any) additional immigration.

As an aside, and regarding statistics, by-and-large they are reliable. If you don't like the police figures, use the British Crime Survey. If you don't like the BCS, remember the major driver of changes in crime rate are (a) the rate of drug use by young people; (b) the 'drug of choice' by the young, and (c) the relative number of young people. Right now in both the UK and much of the developed world, there is less drug use by the young, more use of depressents rather than stimulants, and fewer young people. Even the most incompetent of police forces would expect to see crime fall. (As it has done, for example, across the US, almost irrespective of policing policy on a state-by-state basis.)
  • Options
    notme said:

Do you accept that a problem with immigration is that it imports poverty? There are arguments to say that some waves of immigration have shown to be exceptionally successful and boosted the country economically, socially and culturally. But, I would argue that that is the exception, not the rule.

I don't think that immigration increases the problems associated with poverty - there are proportionately fewer immigrants in prison, or claiming benefits, than there are people from the UK.

Also I can't verify your Bangladeshi figure - it seems true for females from Bangladesh, but males are actually less likely to be unemployed.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/characteristics-and-outcomes-migrants-uk-labour-market
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,608
    edited December 2013
    Have you done this quiz?

How British Are You?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-british-are-you

I got

Probably American

Seriously. Check your passport.

Edit: It's 'cause I'm not a tea drinker.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,071
    surbiton said:

New German government....breakdown by parties

CDU get Home Office, Finance, Defence, Education and Health
    CSU have Agricolture, Transports, Economic Cooperation & Development
    SPD get Foreign Affairs, Economy & Energy, Labour & Social Affairs, Justice, Family and Environment

The Junior partner always loses. CSU really is the CDU of Bavaria. Only Willy Brandt in 1970 bucked the trend.

Demonstrates that Clegg should have insisted on the Foeign Office.

• Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    A friend of mine who lives in Glasgow could not understand why "Lanarkshire" was included in some of the letters addressed to him.
    Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.
  • Options

surbiton said:

New German government....breakdown by parties

CDU get Home Office, Finance, Defence, Education and Health
    CSU have Agricolture, Transports, Economic Cooperation & Development
    SPD get Foreign Affairs, Economy & Energy, Labour & Social Affairs, Justice, Family and Environment

The Junior partner always loses. CSU really is the CDU of Bavaria. Only Willy Brandt in 1970 bucked the trend.

Demonstrates that Clegg should have insisted on the Foeign Office.

Do you only think backbench Tories (and the likes of the Mail) would have been able to deal with a Lib Dem as Foreign Secretary, he'd be surrendering to the EU like the French in a war.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Bobajob said:

Floater said:

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

The Muslim and Black/Asian are interesting. If you go to deepest shires, you are bound to hear things like, "you cannot walk the streets because of those blacks" when there isn't one probably in a radius of 15 miles.

In my experience a lot of areas outside London are like that. It is one of those bumpkin attitudes that feeds into the the hatred of London – a rich, self-important, permissive leftie paradise that is full of immigrants and foreigners.
    Hmm, absolute rubbish.

My experience is nothing like that - I have lived both in London and various places outside.
    Ahh, so you have gone from "you are bound to ..."

to "lots of areas outside London are like that"

to "some places"

ie Absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

I don't think that immigration increases the problems associated with poverty - there are proportionately fewer immigrants in prison, or claiming benefits, than there are people from the UK.

Also I can't verify your Bangladeshi figure - it seems true for females from Bangladesh, but males are actually less likely to be unemployed.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/characteristics-and-outcomes-migrants-uk-labour-market
    Laughable.
    38% of Bangladeshi men are not in paid employment, 84% of bangladeshi women are not in paid employment
    18% of white british men are not in paid employment, 29% of white british women are not in paid employment.
    (source 2001 census)
    A more up to date set of figures (which has no gender breakdown), between ages of 25 and retirement:

White British Bangledeshi

8% 17% %not in paid work but want to work
    13% 41% %not in paid work say that they do not want paid work
    Total not working:
    21% 58%

Source:
    Labour force survey ons

These arent margin of errors, these arent sampling errors. These are gigantic differences, showing the impact of importing poverty.

• Options
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

On the 30th june 2009, 29% of the prison population is from an ethnic minority.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Floater said:

Bobajob said:

Floater said:

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hmm, absolute rubbish.

to "some places"

ie Absolute rubbish.
    Is Bobajob giving it the 'I'm from London" big one again, despite living in some dull commuter suburb?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,083

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

Sheffield can have Dore; it's the wrong side of t'hills. But it'll be war if you ever try to steal Grindleford Cafe ...
  • Options
    Floater said:

Bobajob said:

Floater said:

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hmm, absolute rubbish.

to "some places"

ie Absolute rubbish.
    Think you are conflating two different posters? A lot of places outside London are like that, not all, but some. In my experience they tend to be places where the ethnic minority population is very low - it's a fear of the unknown in most cases rather than out and out hatred.

But yes other areas are much more enlightened. I probably overcooked the point slightly.
  • Options

A friend of mine who lives in Glasgow could not understand why "Lanarkshire" was included in some of the letters addressed to him.

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.
    I met someone once who claimed that only the City of London was really London, and for this reason London had no right to claim 8 million residents. "Leeds is actually much bigger," he would say.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
  • Options

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

Sheffield can have Dore; it's the wrong side of t'hills. But it'll be war if you ever try to steal Grindleford Cafe ...
    I want Kinder Scout.
  • Options
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

Nobody cares what you think, facts please!
  • Options
    saddened said:

Also, I already posted the benefits stuff, but maybe you had difficulty with it:

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-immigrants-pay/16332
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Monkeys said:

Infrastructure.

• Options

Have you done this quiz?

How British Are You?

I got

Probably American

As British as a Dalek serving tea...
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Floater said:

Bobajob said:

Floater said:

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hmm, absolute rubbish.

to "some places"

ie Absolute rubbish.
    Is Bobajob giving it the 'I'm from London" big one again, despite living in some dull commuter suburb?
    "Big one". LOL. Where would you suggest I say I live? I live in a suburb, in London. Are you suggesting nowhere outside Central London is part of London? Seems an odd definition.
  • Options

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.
    I always preferred Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire to the People's Republic of Strathclyde
  • Options
    Charles said:

Have you done this quiz?

How British Are You?

I got

Probably American

E-mas-cu-late!
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

saddened said:

Also, I already posted the benefits stuff, but maybe you had difficulty with it:

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-immigrants-pay/16332
    They use subsamples. Of course if you import young men to work, who then leave once they have done a couple of years then, it is likely that they took very little out of the system.

However, looking at results based around ethnicity you see the long term consequences. Poverty, poverty, poverty.
  • Options
    Bobajob said:

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.
    I met someone once who claimed that only the City of London was really London, and for this reason London had no right to claim 8 million residents. "Leeds is actually much bigger," he would say.
    Technically he's right... The Archdeaconry (which is what modern city boundaries originated from) is the Two Cities (City of Westminster and the City of London)...

• Options
    Monkeys said:
    You cant just ignore ethnicity in prison. How did 29% of ethnic minorities who now reside in the prison population manage to get here?
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

Not true. Foreign nationals (so not even including immigrants who have settled here and taken British Nationality) account for 13% of the UK prison population as of June 2013 according to the house of Commons library
  • Options
    notme said:

You cant just ignore ethnicity in prison. How did 29% of ethnic minorities who now reside in the prison population manage to get here?

When a man and a woman love each other very very much......
  • Options
    Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.
    Technically he's right... The Archdeaconry (which is what modern city boundaries originated from) is the Two Cities (City of Westminster and the City of London)...

Technically he was right - in the 1800s.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.

Ironically, the city of London is a separate ceremonial county from the rest of Greater London (inc. Westminster).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

When a man and a woman love each other very very much......
    So, are we yet agreed that immigration imports poverty? Are we agreed that non white british people twice as likely to be poor as white British?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited December 2013
    My earliest memory of seeing Peter O'Toole is probably in the film "Supergirl", which unfortunately is usually rated as one of the worst movies of all time.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Charles said:

Bobajob said:

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

That was in 1934.

I think we may safely conclude that BaJ is a resident of neither....

• Options

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

I want Kinder Scout.
    Get in line!

In the 1930s my granddad and a friend tried getting a tandem up Jacob's Ladder onto Kinder, and described taking two steps up, one step back. They cycled over Kinder with great difficulty, then cycled back to Derby via the Snake Pass.

I love the place, but I have never, ever walked the circuit in one day. Which is silly, as I've done about everything else up there.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,170
    Interesting poll facts, would seem that despite the prophets of doom like Owen Jones and Peter Hitchens that we are all out of work or unmarried, godless single parents things are not
    quite as bad as they make out.

Also RIP Peter O'Toole one of the greatest actors of his generation, his 'Lawrence' will forever define how we remember him
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,237
    SPotY: I'm sorry but this Hillsborough stuff is inappropriate and unnecessary on this?
  • Options
    On the PDF I posted, as far as I could see the only areas where ethnicity correlated with a decent sized increase in prison population, was black or black british, and mixed race. "Chinese or other," was about half the size.

Like I said, sort by foreign-born (i.e. immigrants,) and there isn't a problem.

On the whole I don't think we need to be worrying about Bulgarians.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    AndyJS said:

My earliest memory of seeing Peter O'Toole is probably in the film "Supergirl", which unfortunately is usually rated as one of the worst movies of all time.

I actually saw him do the legendary performance of "Macbeth" at the Liverpool Playhouse in 1980.

Best forgotten...
  • Options
    notme said:

So, are we yet agreed that immigration imports poverty? Are we agreed that non white british people twice as likely to be poor as white British?

>immigrants
    >non-white British

Pick One.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,237

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

I want Kinder Scout.
    Get in line!

In the 1930s my granddad and a friend tried getting a tandem up Jacob's Ladder onto Kinder, and described taking two steps up, one step back. They cycled over Kinder with great difficulty, then cycled back to Derby via the Snake Pass.

I love the place, but I have never, ever walked the circuit in one day. Which is silly, as I've done about everything else up there.
    I am enjoying the irony of PB Tories enthusing about getting out into the wide open spaces of Kinder. Another argument their forebearers were on the wrong side of ;)

• Options
    Monkeys said:

On the PDF I posted, as far as I could see the only areas where ethnicity correlated with a decent sized increase in prison population, was black or black british, and mixed race. "Chinese or other," was about half the size.

Like I said, sort by foreign-born (i.e. immigrants,) and there isn't a problem.

On the whole I don't think we need to be worrying about Bulgarians.

There was a documentary, i think on the BBC, it was set in folkestone several years ago, in which they posted about the difference between peoples perceptions of 'asylum seekers' and the reality. Of couse it showed that the population were of course ignorant and the number of asylum seekers was on the hundreds, not thousands.

This was exposed however, because while the programme makers were being honest, the numbers they quoted were those officially seeking asylum. It did not include those who had failed, those who had succeeded and those on appeal.
  • Options
    New thread - a Marf cartoon
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,071
    Charles said:

Have you done this quiz?

How British Are You?

I got

Probably American

So did I. Probably the same reason. I don't drink tea either. Unless it'as green tea!
  • Options
    Monkeys said:

notme said:

>immigrants
    >non-white British

Pick One.

I dont need to. Non white British are only here because of immigration. You cannot say that immigration is a success, when those who have immigrated from other parts of the world and settled are twice as likely to be poor, two and half times as likely to be unemployed and three times as likely to be in jail.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited December 2013
    Very sad to hear about the death of Peter O'Toole. I once had a drink in his dressing room with him and the late Dave Allen. Peter was in the "Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell" play. A very funny play and performance by Peter. A great night all round. Sláinte.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    SeanT said:

50% of people have an IQ less than 100, by definition. DUH.

Again, by definition, a large proportion of people have an IQ lower than 85, which = mentally subnormal.

NEXT.

NEXT.

Hi.

A large proportion of people have an IQ lower than 85.

It's a normal distribution, so most are closest to 100%.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/IQ_distribution.svg
  • Options
    notme said:

Monkeys said:

notme said:

>immigrants
    >non-white British

Pick One.

I dont need to. Non white British are only here because of immigration. You cannot say that immigration is a success, when those who have immigrated from other parts of the world and settled are twice as likely to be poor, two and half times as likely to be unemployed and three times as likely to be in jail.
    So all the non-white British immigrated (ie, were born overseas)?
  • Options

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

I want Kinder Scout.
    Get in line!

I am enjoying the irony of PB Tories enthusing about getting out into the wide open spaces of Kinder. Another argument their forebearers were on the wrong side of ;)

The irony of PB lefties assuming that people must have the same politics as their forefathers, or that only Communists were involved in the mass trespasses. ;-)

On that note, I'm against the English coastal path for several reasons. And I'm rather an expert on that. ;-)
  • Options

Bobajob said:

@TSE

Dore is in Sheffield!

I want Kinder Scout.
    Get in line!

The irony of PB lefties assuming that people must have the same politics as their forefathers, or that only Communists were involved in the mass trespasses. ;-)

On that note, I'm against the English coastal path for several reasons. And I'm rather an expert on that. ;-)
    Shall I point out to him my forebears came from the Punjab?
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    fitalass said:

In other words, Danny Alexander has been doing a good job in his role at the Treasury.

I don't think Clegg "happily" signed up top a coalition with the baby-eaters.

If we're just going by demeanours you may be right; Clegg's looked miserable for the last 3 years. Otoh, by the same (admittedly dubious) metric Danny Alexander has looked like a pig in the proverbial.
    Ho ho. Fitalass backs hapless Danny. That screams lay, lay, lay.
This discussion has been closed.