Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Who loves Dom?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758
    I wonder if there are other examples of rule bending/ marginal cases/ rule breaking / sensible application of rules (delete as appropriate) across politicians & media notables? If Cummings goes it will be open season. Are there politicians in all parties shifting uncomfortably?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,954
    We now have a reliable test for who in the cabinet is a spineless numpty.

100% positive so far
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,111
    Alistair said:

Fair play to the Cons for their disciplined messaging here.

How long before Laura starts talking about this as a "unfair story about a 3 year old"

'Sources close to the 3 year old have revealed..'
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,954
    Alistair said:

Fair play to the Cons for their disciplined messaging here.

How long before Laura starts talking about this as a "unfair story about a 3 year old"

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1264078186226364416
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    eadric said:

IanB2 said:

eadric said:

IanB2 said:

eadric said:

IanB2 said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

Some people didn't have the choice.

The big thing here is that the government has effectively announced that the laws were for little people (and that the entire commentariat are little people).

What law was broken? Maybe let the Police know a law was broken. Oh and the DCMO.

No law was broken.
    https://twitter.com/GeorgePeretzQC/status/1263950938647269376
    Bullshit. Avoiding harm is a reasonable excuse.

If you're claiming having an unsupervised three year old isn't harmful then you're deranged.
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the manner in which they arranged for supervision of their three year old is far more harmful. Far better for them to call social services if that was the issue. They could have killed someone through infection. They could have killed me if I had run into them and become infected. Or are you saying I should prioretise a stranger's kid over my own life?

And the excuse they gave is not one of the permissable reasons. You might disagree with the law, plenty do, but he broke it - whatever some plod in Durham says.
    If I and my wife were ill I'd get my family to take care of them not social services.

He didn't break the law. You can leave if you have a reasonable reason. He did.
    He broke the law. The "reasonable excuse" defences are listed in Regulation 6(2) of the Covid Regs. His actions satisfy none of them. He can plead to the contrary but it should be before a court who are the final arbiters of law in this country. If he did nothing wrong he has nothing to fear. As it is, even a cursory reading of Regulation 6, proves he did.
    What court? On what charge? He's meant to present himself in court spontaneously, force them to try him, then defend himself against a non-existent charge just to satisfy the political opponents who hate him?

That's utterly bonkers.
    He should be prosecuted before a magistrates court, like many will be who have done less, under regulation 9(1) of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 for a breach of regulation 6 of the same statute. If convicted, he should be fined like everyone else.

We are all supposed to be equal before the law in this country and given his excuse is not listed as a "reasonable" one in regulation 6(2) he needs to be forced, by the CPS, to justify why what he did was reasonable, rather than arranging for his children to be taken in by friends, or not dancing to ABBA..

There's a clear case here that he has committed a criminal offence and a court needs to decide if that is right. If your excuse for being out and about is not one listed in the regulations, and you have symptoms of the virus, then there's enough to prosecute and let a mags court decide.

EDIT - 9(1) - sorry
    Maybe he’ll be next up after Eadric explaining that while advocating a Chinese style hard lockdown for the rest of us, he was illegally travelling to an illegally rented bolt hole in South Wales.
    Unfortunately for you I left London before lockdown. Because, unlike you, I saw corona coming
    Renting accommodation away from home became illegal irrespective of when you made the booking.

Your assertion that your foresight was greater than mine won’t survive even a cursory review of PB archives during February and March. Most of what you posted here back then has subsequently proved to be hyperbolic nonsense.
    Again, you’re wrong. I was given the flat by a wealthy friend. You’re just embarrassing yourself now
    You are welcome to examine the ‘stay at home’ regulations and explain how driving across the country to stay at a flat of a wealthy friend hundred of miles away from your actual home in any way complies....

That you have sought to advocate restrictions for the rest of us while taking the p**s yourself speaks volumes.

Driving into Wales to stay away from home is illegal even now.
    Lol. I drove here when it was legal. Before lockdown. I was given the flat, I didn’t rent it.

I did all this before there were any regulations to break.

I mean, your case is slightly weak, isn’t it?

One day I’ll tell you why he gave me the flat. If you want to be properly humiliated.
    I think you’ll find that the landlord’s motivation is entirely irrelevant under the Coronavirus Act and subsequent regulations.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    NE top of the death chart today. Thanks Dom for doing your bit in that levelling up.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,541
    HYUFD said:
    JR-M is carefully not saying "DC was right in what he did" and in this he is participating in what seems to be the party line. Which means the party line has not yet decided that DC must or can survive.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    kinabalu said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

#dominicgoings is a great hashtag!

One thing that I really cant have about this - people saying thing to the effect of

"My Dad was dying but I didn't go and see him, yet the elite are going to their second homes..."

I am sorry for anyones loss, but if my Dad was dying, I would go and see him one last time even if it meant getting put in prison afterwards, which would not be the consequence of doing so in the UK during the lockdown anyway. Why would you not?

Firstly, would you be allowed into the hospital or care home?

Secondly, unfortunately many deaths are somewhat unpredictable. Would you visit your father if he'd suffered a serious heart attack, for example, and was given a 50/50 chance of pulling through?
    If my Dad was potentially dying of a heart attack would I visit him? 1.01 would be a bet that I would. who wouldn't?
    That wasn't what I asked. I asked about the situation where he was seriously ill and may or may not pull through.

And no, I wouldn't if the rules said I mustn't. I'd Skype and comply with the rules.
    "That wasn't what I asked. I asked about the situation where he was seriously ill and may or may not pull through."

I thought "potentially dying of a heart attack" was the situation you imagined? Anyway, the answer to your question is that if my Dad might be dying I would break the law to go and see him. I have broken it to go and see him several times in the last 10 weeks anyway
    Would you break into a hospital or care home that forbade visits?
    I guess I would go to the hospital and try and find a way of seeing him, not sure if I would storm the ICU. I'd try to get him out of the care home
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

HYUFD said:
    I see the government's line to take (possibly stipulated by the man himself) is that Dom 'Super Dad' Cummings is in fact a parental role model whose behaviour should be praised to the skies.
    What a guy...
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

NE top of the death chart today. Thanks Dom for doing your bit in that levelling up.

The explanation for which (given the three week delay) can only be that somehow the regions with the earlier crisis have somehow bumped up against some sort of widespread immunity or resistance.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,139

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

The big thing here is that the government has effectively announced that the laws were for little people (and that the entire commentariat are little people).

What law was broken? Maybe let the Police know a law was broken. Oh and the DCMO.

No law was broken.

If you're claiming having an unsupervised three year old isn't harmful then you're deranged.
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the manner in which they arranged for supervision of their three year old is far more harmful. Far better for them to call social services if that was the issue. They could have killed someone through infection. They could have killed me if I had run into them and become infected. Or are you saying I should prioretise a stranger's kid over my own life?

And the excuse they gave is not one of the permissable reasons. You might disagree with the law, plenty do, but he broke it - whatever some plod in Durham says.
    If I and my wife were ill I'd get my family to take care of them not social services.

He broke the law. The "reasonable excuse" defences are listed in Regulation 6(2) of the Covid Regs. His actions satisfy none of them. He can plead to the contrary but it should be before a court who are the final arbiters of law in this country. If he did nothing wrong he has nothing to fear. As it is, even a cursory reading of Regulation 6, proves he did.
    What court? On what charge? He's meant to present himself in court spontaneously, force them to try him, then defend himself against a non-existent charge just to satisfy the political opponents who hate him?

That's utterly bonkers.
    He should be prosecuted before a magistrates court, like many will be who have done less, under regulation 9(1) of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 for a breach of regulation 6 of the same statute. If convicted, he should be fined like everyone else.

We are all supposed to be equal before the law in this country and given his excuse is not listed as a "reasonable" one in regulation 6(2) he needs to be forced, by the CPS, to justify why what he did was reasonable, rather than arranging for his children to be taken in by friends, or not dancing to ABBA..

There's a clear case here that he has committed a criminal offence and a court needs to decide if that is right. If your excuse for being out and about is not one listed in the regulations, and you have symptoms of the virus, then there's enough to prosecute and let a mags court decide.

EDIT - 9(1) - sorry
    Except his reason does meet at least one of the reasons.

Plus reasonable under law is a deliberate term.

Plus the list isn't defined as exhaustive.

So besides the fact his reason is included and that it wouldn't matter if it wasn't so long as it was reasonable . . .
    Except his reason does meet at least one of the reasons. - no it doesn't

Plus reasonable under law is a deliberate term. - citation?

Plus the list isn't defined as exhaustive. - true but I have dealt with this point up thread.

It does.

As I keep saying to you and you keep ignoring one of the reasons is to avoid harm.

Leaving a three year old without adult supervision is harmful.

Or do you think leaving a three year old without supervision isn't harmful?
    This is painful.

As I keep telling you, reg 6(2)(m) doesn't help him. You must "need" (i.e.circumstances in which something is necessary) to travel to avoid harm (start of the relevant section) to have a defence under that section and, because there were childcare alternatives place in London, up to and including social services, there was no "need" for him to travel to avoid harm to his kids.

And that is before we get onto the question of whether his symptoms were severe enough to preclude childcare which, it seems, they were not. Plenty of couples nationwide have managed childcare while suffering from C19 and they were not able to dance to ABBA.

I wait for you to move the goalposts again.
    You're wrong. You're making shit up and getting it backwards.

Social services are a last resort if you don't have access to family. He did. And if you're able to leave the home to avoid harm there's no limit on how far you travel to get somewhere safe with family. Just the requirements to have a need which he did.

That you think people should go to social services for children before family is insane.
    That you think people should expose others to a lethal virus instead of going to social services is the insane viewpoint. Social services won't kill your kids, travelling with coronavirus might kill someone elses, so his choice was not reasonable. Indeed his choice may have killed his own parents.

Your view is not how the law works, nor is it how statutory interpretation works. Courts look at the intention of Parliament. Here the intention of Parliament was to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The purpose of this law is to discourage travel in order to do so, so Parliament's intention should be interpreted in that way. Accordingly Cummings should have looked at alternatives to travel (up to and including social services) before deciding upon travel that would expose others to Covid-19.

Social services are indeed, in normal times, a last resort if you have no access to family. These are not normal times. Parliament put the interests of the nation first - above the interests of individuals and their families. Cummings broke the law. There were plenty of alternatives in London for him to obtain childcare, he chose to ignore them, so he had no reasonable excuse for his dangerous actions that probably exposed several dozen people to the virus he was suffering from.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,125
    I'm still trying to piece together the case for the defence from the various bits of information flying around the media.

Is this more or less it?

Cummings's wife already had symptoms. Cummings assumed he had also been infected, though he wasn't symptomatic yet. To save his child from harm in case both of them became incapacitated and it was impossible to arrange for it to be cared for in London, all three of them (including the already symptomatic Mrs Cummings) travelled with the child to county Durham, where they had the offer of childcare from family members. After Cummings developed symptoms, all three of them self-isolated in county Durham. Later, they realised that if people learned what had happened they might not agree that the journey to county Durham was justified, and decided to give people the impression that they had all self-isolated in London.

Is that right?
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913

The Tories have all been given the same line to Tweet then. They have very few original thoughts between them.

I believe this is what the psychologists call 'projection', my dear cult escapee.
    You’re in a cult yourself, the Tory cult.
    It's only a cult if you lose :lol:
    You make less sense as each day passes.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    edited May 2020
    Chris said:

I'm still trying to piece together the case for the defence from the various bits of information flying around the media.

Is this more or less it?

Cummings's wife already had symptoms. Cummings assumed he had also been infected, though he wasn't symptomatic yet. To save his child from harm in case both of them became incapacitated and it was impossible to arrange for it to be cared for in London, all three of them (including the already symptomatic Mrs Cummings) travelled with the child to county Durham, where they had the offer of childcare from family members. After Cummings developed symptoms, all three of them self-isolated in county Durham. Later, they realised that if people learned what had happened they might not agree that the journey to county Durham was justified, and decided to give people the impression that they had all self-isolated in London.

Is that right?

Yes, I think that's the story.

Edit - if that's true then it's fair, but if they stopped at any point and came into contact with other people then it becomes untenable and he has to go.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    algarkirk said:

HYUFD said:
    JR-M is carefully not saying "DC was right in what he did" and in this he is participating in what seems to be the party line. Which means the party line has not yet decided that DC must or can survive.
    Mate, I've stuck 3 figures on Classic Dom still being in his job in June.

Fucker is staying or I will be furious.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    Alistair said:

algarkirk said:

HYUFD said:

What odds? 2/5 I saw
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,002
    Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

That's more or less it apart from the fact that they all pissed en famille behind a bush next to the A1(M).
  • Options
    Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

Yes, it really is as simple and airtight as that. No obvious further questions arising from it. Case closed, verdict "Super Dad". Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    MaxPB said:

Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

Edit - if that's true then it's fair, but if they stopped at any point and came into contact with other people then it becomes untenable and he has to go.
    I wonder if there is any CCTV footage at the service stations? Or will it have all been deleted by now?
  • Options
    In Covid Data Wrangling news Georgia in america eased its lockdown a while ago.

Covid Data Wranglers started screaming about how their deaths were still falling we must immediately reopen.

Georgia has a heavy lag on its Covid figures.

Guess which state is now showing an upsurge in Covid deaths?
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010
    Scott_xP said:
    I have no idea how to look after children and would certainly refuse to do so, even for a family member
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    OllyT said:

The Tories have all been given the same line to Tweet then. They have very few original thoughts between them.

I believe this is what the psychologists call 'projection', my dear cult escapee.
    The Tory party is a cult especially if your born into It naturally progress through the YCs meet you future partner there, come from a privileged background and then progress to branch member and onwards. The blue team can do no wrong they are the ones destined to rule at all levels of government. A useless Tory councillor is better than a good none Tory. I see vey little similarity in any other political party.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226

Things Matt Hancock will protect: A government spin doctor who broke rules the general public were told to strictly abide by

Things Matt Hancock will not protect: Care homes with thousands of resulting avoidable deaths https://t.co/PVCZDptb73

— Owen Jones says join a union🌹 (@OwenJones84) May 23, 2020
  • Options
    isam said:

Alistair said:

algarkirk said:

HYUFD said:

What odds? 2/5 I saw
    Got 7/20 for some of it and 1/3 for the rest.

Regret missing out on the 1/2 that was available earlier today. Took too long to think about it and the apparently my Will Hill account has problems and I need to contact support for it to be unlocked.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

I doubt the assertion about saving the child from harm would hold up in court.

But what really puzzles me is what the justification was for the already symptomatic Mrs Cummings travelling from London to county Durham. Why was that necessary?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    This thread is self-isolating.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    I bet the cabinet are delighted today. It must feel lovely to have Dom owing you a favour.
  • Options
    "Wrong to politicise situation" says politician about situation involving political advisor.

Shameless.
  • Options
    I'll go and visit my brother and family tomorrow then since it seems like the rules no longer apply. Thanks Dom.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

That's more or less it apart from the fact that they all pissed en famille behind a bush next to the A1(M).
    O/T

Sad day here in Hamburg-Altona. 0:4 desaster against SV Darmstadt 98. Sigh.
  • Options
    eek said:
    It certainly seems as though no one with small children who feels they may be ill, or in danger or becoming ill, can now be prevented from travelling if they have an offer of help with childcare anywhere in the country.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    nichomar said:

OllyT said:

The Tory party is a cult especially if your born into It naturally progress through the YCs meet you future partner there, come from a privileged background and then progress to branch member and onwards. The blue team can do no wrong they are the ones destined to rule at all levels of government. A useless Tory councillor is better than a good none Tory. I see vey little similarity in any other political party.
    Agreed and this "protecting a 3 year old" line that they have all been told to take is morally repugnant because it is total bullshit. There were numerous ways the kid could have been cared for in London without the need to break quarantine. All trying to hide behind a 3 year old. Pitiful
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071
    eadric said:

Alistair said:

algarkirk said:

HYUFD said:

That’s risky. I’d say it’s about 50/50. Remember newspaper editors nearly always keep something in reserve in a scoop, so as to prolong the tension, increase sales, and inflict more damage
    If someone can produce CCTV footage of him at a motorway service station it could be all over for him.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:

IanB2 said:

eadric said:

IanB2 said:

eadric said:

IanB2 said:

eadric said:

IanB2 said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

No law was broken.

That's utterly bonkers.

EDIT - 9(1) - sorry
    Maybe he’ll be next up after Eadric explaining that while advocating a Chinese style hard lockdown for the rest of us, he was illegally travelling to an illegally rented bolt hole in South Wales.
    Unfortunately for you I left London before lockdown. Because, unlike you, I saw corona coming
    Renting accommodation away from home became illegal irrespective of when you made the booking.

Your assertion that your foresight was greater than mine won’t survive even a cursory review of PB archives during February and March. Most of what you posted here back then has subsequently proved to be hyperbolic nonsense.
    Again, you’re wrong. I was given the flat by a wealthy friend. You’re just embarrassing yourself now
    You are welcome to examine the ‘stay at home’ regulations and explain how driving across the country to stay at a flat of a wealthy friend hundred of miles away from your actual home in any way complies....

That you have sought to advocate restrictions for the rest of us while taking the p**s yourself speaks volumes.

Driving into Wales to stay away from home is illegal even now.
    Lol. I drove here when it was legal. Before lockdown. I was given the flat, I didn’t rent it.

I did all this before there were any regulations to break.

I mean, your case is slightly weak, isn’t it?

One day I’ll tell you why he gave me the flat. If you want to be properly humiliated.
    I think you’ll find that the landlord’s motivation is entirely irrelevant under the Coronavirus Act and subsequent regulations.
    He gave it to me. He didn’t rent it to me. He has more than one house.

And I moved here before the Act came into force on March 26

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/made

I think you now have enough evidence to take your case to the police
    I’d hope all PB’ers are mature enough not to so waste their time.

Fact remains, you should have been at home, and are in no position to be giving lectures about what rules the UK should have imposed on everyone else.
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,790
    nichomar said:

OllyT said:

Total nonsense. I am no longer a member, but was for many years. You are describing a caricature of the Tory party of 50 years ago. It is now a quite different organisation, which could be described as a cult, but not the type you describe. It is largely made up of pro-Brexit thugs at the grassroots level who would be just as at home in UKIP or even BNP. Although, he is alleged to not be a member, Cummings typifies the current activist. As for your description, it could equally apply to Labour. There are numerous powerful families within Labour, the Benns, the Kinnochs etc.
  • Options

nichomar said:

OllyT said:

Total nonsense. I am no longer a member, but was for many years. You are describing a caricature of the Tory party of 50 years ago. It is now a quite different organisation, which could be described as a cult, but not the type you describe. It is largely made up of pro-Brexit thugs at the grassroots level who would be just as at home in UKIP or even BNP. Although, he is alleged to not be a member, Cummings typifies the current activist. As for your description, it could equally apply to Labour. There are numerous powerful families within Labour, the Benns, the Kinnochs etc.
    Huh, actually ended up being quite balanced by the end.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    I have no idea how to look after children and would certainly refuse to do so, even for a family member
    I would certainly refuse if I had a sister that was revolting enough to sleep with a weasel like Dominic Cummings
  • Options
    franklynfranklyn Posts: 297
    Boris showed tremendous kindness it taking in this Cummings chap, who appears to be some sort of deranged rough-sleeper, but it was beyond the call of duty to allow him to run the country during a crisis.
  • Options

Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

Yes, it really is as simple and airtight as that. No obvious further questions arising from it. Case closed, verdict "Super Dad". Nothing to see here.
    Oh dear, you really are a blinkered loyalist. What did they inject you with? "Nothing to see here?" Are you mad? Why do you think they tried to cover it up? It is nothing short of fucking outrageous. There have been maybe millions of people who have not travelled to see their family because they were following government guidelines. Here we have two people, who should know better, not only travelling, but travelling half the length of the country, and actually in the full knowledge they most likely have the virus!!!

Then there is the issue of the reality of travelling that distance. They must have filled up with petrol. They probably stopped for food. They possibly passed the virus to people in his families locality who would not have otherwise had it.

He should resign. He won't of course, because he has no honour.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,979
    Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

Nearly then got assistant CMO to give out guff about ok in emergency for child, meanwhile you can bet media and BBC knew about it and it was quashed.
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,442

nichomar said:

OllyT said:

Don't forget the Straws. I attended a pre-2016 panel discussion with Will Straw. IMO his surname justifies his position in society and little else.
  • Options

Chris said:

Is this more or less it?

Is that right?

Oh dear, you really are a blinkered loyalist. What did they inject you with? "Nothing to see here?" Are you mad? Why do you think they tried to cover it up? It is nothing short of fucking outrageous. There have been maybe millions of people who have not travelled to see their family because they were following government guidelines. Here we have two people, who should know better, not only travelling, but travelling half the length of the country, and actually in the full knowledge they most likely have the virus!!!

Then there is the issue of the reality of travelling that distance. They must have filled up with petrol. They probably stopped for food. They possibly passed the virus to people in his families locality who would not have otherwise had it.

He should resign. He won't of course, because he has no honour.
    You possibly have your irony filter on. Go into "options", "settings" and click to switch off.
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Wonder if the Sunday papers have something up their sleeve regarding this charming middle aged man!.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,445

kinabalu said:

The issue for the public isn't who loves Dom. Its who loves their children.

If people think that this is hypocrisy then they'll be unforgiving.

If people think this was done in good faith to look after children and they'd have done the same thing then it will blow over besides people who hate Dom.

Glad you expressed this sentiment because I can now do THIS -

Affluent BAME woman with left wing views who opposes private schools puts love of her son above her politics and sends him to one. Let's call her Dorothy Arbuckle.

See?
    I am not getting drawn on the Cummings thing as the facts seem to me to be unclear right now with the normal misrepresentations on both sides.

But I do fancy a riposte to your Dorothy Arbuckle example

Affluent hard left politician who opposes private schools puts political beliefs above his own family and divorces wife because she decides son should go to a better school than the local sink comprehensive. Lets call him James Carbuncle.

Personally I can understand Dorothy's actions. Mr Carbuncle's on the other hand seem utterly inhuman and unforgiveable.
    Hope they didn't go double-barrelled, as with a surname like Arbuckle-Carbunkle that boy is toast at that sink comprehensive.
This discussion has been closed.