Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris must be able to stand for the Tory leadership

Comments

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Cameron interview in the Xmas speccie

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/12/david-cameron-interview-tax-coalition-green-crap-and-team-nigella/

" Iain Duncan Smith’s Universal Credit reform aims to remedy this, and introduce, in effect, a top rate of 65 per cent. Still outrageously high, but even this change is subject to repeated delays.

‘It is an important reform and I make no apology for introducing it slowly,’ says Cameron. ‘What matters is getting it right and making sure that the system works well. I don’t want a system where people suffer or struggle because of change from one system to the other.’"

" Is the Prime Minister on Team Nigella? ‘I am,’ he says. ‘I’m a massive fan, I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and she always strikes me as a very funny and warm person, but I’m also an amateur cook and I like like her recipes. Nancy [Cameron’s nine-year-old daughter] and I sometimes watch a bit of Nigella on telly. " :D
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited December 2013
    TGOHF said:

Ed should have turned up on time - could have got in on the fun...

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 3m
    Michelle O looking properly unimpressed by the Dave/Barack/Helle selfie #mandela http://twitpic.com/do92rk

He was sidelined according to The Mail.

But, never mind that, unless my eyes deceive me, is that Ed Davey accompanying Clegg on his South African jolly? WTF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521374/Feeling-left-Ed-Labour-leader-Miliband-looks-miffed-ignored-Bill-Clinton-lavishes-attention-Nick-Clegg.html
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    @TheWatcher

LOL ....

This from the Daily Mail report tickled me :

"Bill Clinton applauds during the service alongside (l to r) former prime minister John Major, deputy prime minister Nick Clegg and his daughter Chelsea."

Little wonder Bill and Cleggy had a lot to chat over !!

• Options
    tim said:

That moment where you think "what's the fat lad still doing here, I thought we got rid of him"

http://t.co/XaOV08MrVE

Looks to me like the PM of Denmark has the President of the United States and the First Lord of the Treasury eating out of her hands, and that Michelle Obama knows exactly what is going on.

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,786

tim said:

That moment where you think "what's the fat lad still doing here, I thought we got rid of him"

Looks to me like the PM of Denmark has the President of the United States and the First Lord of the Treasury eating out of her hands, and that Michelle Obama knows exactly what is going on.

At least they weren't crying. We'd never have heard the end of it...
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,228
    edited December 2013

tim said:

And she of course is Neil Kinnock's daughter in law (SeanT got there before me).

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.
  • Options
    tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

And she of course is Neil Kinnock's daughter in law.

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.
    Dave looks like he's dying to triangulate
    So what do we make of that HUGE gender gap in yesterday's ICM poll?

• Options
    Blimey, if looks could kill – that is one seriously miffed expression on Ed’s face. - POEWAS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521374/Ed-Miliband-ignored-Bill-Clinton-whos-talking-Nick-Clegg-Mandela-memorial.html
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.

11 Pts with YouGov today.
    You'll be proved wrong on this, our chunky chum is a turn off for the ladies, but luckily he can't recall anything anyway.
    Are you suggesting that women voters are as shallow as you?

How insulting and patronising to women.
  • Options
    tessyCtessyC Posts: 106
    Am I missing something? Cameron is not fat, Id say he is average for a man his age.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tessyC said:

Am I missing something? Cameron is not fat, Id say he is average for a man his age.

To be fair I call myself fat (or a fat bastard), and Cameron has a little more excess flesh than me, going by recent photos.
  • Options
    tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.

You'll be proved wrong on this, our chunky chum is a turn off for the ladies, but luckily he can't recall anything anyway.
    As you yourself cavilled about daily polls only last week....

....Seems like Dave is not the only one with memory loss.

Now back to "Tax Thresholds for Beginners" for you, young man....have you read past the introduction? I don't think you have......

• Options
    tessyCtessyC Posts: 106
    Well philiph I'd say you are doing yourself down : )
  • Options
    tim said:

philiph said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.

I'm suggesting that women can spot a fake, his tiny windmill going up and down that chimney like a brides nightie out of one of Daves wedding night stories didn't fool anyone.
    You think they are that shallow.

I think they are a little more savy than that, and many may not be swayed by tittle tattle and moronic stories when the time finally comes to get the lead in the pencil to give an x in the box.
  • Options
    tessyC said:

Well philiph I'd say you are doing yourself down : )

If I tell myself I'm a fat bastard it stops me over indulging.... too often. Kind of self preservation (or is that drinking?)
  • Options
    tim said:

We are not amused.

@holysmoke: Selfie-gate: Why do Cameron and Obama feel the need to behave like idiots? http://t.co/XdUIntDnRv

Because the lady asked them to?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Poor timmy

GDP
    falling deficit
    unemployment
    referendum on Europe
    immigration falling
    universal credit
    Bullingdon
    polling

Cameron's weight...

• Options
    Cameron's much fatter than me. Then again, when I was at school (later secondary) I was skinny enough to touch my spine through my stomach, so it's not hard.

[I have since gained about 3st].

Besides, Boris and Ken Clarke are rotund fellows. I don't think being well-rounded is a bad thing for a politician.
  • Options
    tim said:

philiph said:

tim said:

philiph said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

JohnO said:

tim said:

The plot thickens.

Poor tim.

I'm suggesting that women can spot a fake, his tiny windmill going up and down that chimney like a brides nightie out of one of Daves wedding night stories didn't fool anyone.
    You think they are that shallow.

I think they are a little more savy than that, and many may not be swayed by tittle tattle and moronic stories when the time finally comes to get the lead in the pencil to give an x in the box.
    That's my point really, they've seen Daves lack of substance and aren't going to be swayed by his Date Night photoshoots and his exploitation of bereaved relatives.
    About 99.99999% of that trivia will not cross the minds of women as they decide who to vote for. Do you really think that women don't realise that all men are devious little sods who will lie to get either a leg over or a vote?
  • Options
    F1: Vettel's described the double points gimmick as 'absurd':
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25324100

I hope other drivers follow suit and pressure forces a swift about turn from the FIA.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    tim said:

We are not amused.

@holysmoke: Selfie-gate: Why do Cameron and Obama feel the need to behave like idiots? http://t.co/XdUIntDnRv

Don't be silly tim.

It was a political demonstration of the new South Africa: where black, white, and female are all equal.

Obvious, really.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,411
    Cyclefree said:

The odd thing is that Mandelson, behind the scenes, did a great deal to help the Omagh families in their campaign to bring the bombers to justice, even after he stopped being NI secretary. It was a noble act in its way and not something he has ever boasted about and is something which shows him in a better light than he is normally shown.

Mandy is certainly an operator, with all the good and bad that that implies, but it's a mistake to portray him as a slippery fellow with no real views, as people often do. I remember him trying to persuade me of part-privatisation of Royal Mail even after he'd accepted that it was hideously unpopular both in the party and the public. He said, "But it's the right thing to do. That should still count for something, don't you think?" It was a good line to take with me, but clearly genuine too.

And on another occasion, when we'd got an important election coming up and he'd almost achieved a breakthrough in Northern Ireland, I tried to persuade him that he ought to be making a lot of it in public so we could get electoral dividends. He said, "It's not safe because it might harm the effort. You never know for sure that you're going to get an agreement in Northern Ireland until you've finally got it."

The thing is that he marches to a different drummer to most British politicians (basically European market social democracy), so there is almost nobody who agrees with him all the time (Tony Blair was nearly the exception), and people who fall out with him find it hard to forgive his no-prisoners approach.

On topic, it'll be amusing to see the Tories wrestling with this sort of thing if they lose, but I suspect that the alternative candidates will not be up for messing about with the rules. Boris's best shot, as DavidL suggests, is that Cameron stays on for a year, but that will only happen if Boris is Cameron's preferred successor, which I doubt.

• Options
    Dr. Spyn, David Miliband will be very unhappy at not being recognised by world leaders.
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Poor timmy

GDP
    falling deficit
    unemployment
    referendum on Europe
    immigration falling
    universal credit
    Bullingdon
    polling

Cameron's weight...

Poor TGOHF

October - crossover approaching
    December - Ibrox is the last bastion against Popery
    Ah the famous tim "poker tell" - dry your eyes darling.
  • Options
    tim said:

We are not amused.

Oh dear, is this a variant of the sensational man crying at a funeral meme.

You are such a silly billy. I'd like to give you a Hersham bear-hug, but I don't know what I might catch.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tim said:

Are you posting from a rowing machine?

Why not post a selfie, (neck down of course) holding the latest copy of the Bootle Echo for proof of date, so that we can compare Dave's gut to your washboard?

With 14,000 comments under your belt, you can hardly have time to eat.

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Total desperation here tonight from Lefties trying to score political points about a phone pic at a memorial service,,pathetic.
    .I wonder of the prospect of actually getting a life ever occurs to them
  • Options
    On topic: Interesting article, but, even if you accept the premise, would it actually be feasible to change the rules quickly enough for Boris to jump in at the right time? Alternatively, as I think David H is hinting should happen, the rules could in theory be changed well in advance - but that looks vanishingly unlikely; it would be absurdly destabilising.

Tha answer, surely, is that if Boris wants to be Leader of the Conservative Party, then he needs to find a friendly constituency association to adopt him as its candidate in 2015. That shouldn't be too hard; I can't imagine any wouldn't jump at the chance.

Whether Boris would win a leadership contest is not obvious, though. Admittedly his recent Margaret Thatcher lecture - so amusingly and typically misquoted by the Left - was a fine piece of work, and showed a newly serious and analytical side of Boris, but the obstacle still remains that he is, if anything, to the left of Cameron, and is as typically metropolitan as Osborne. As such he wouldn't be a natural choice of the right, or of party members generally. If he's seen as a vote-winner, that might not matter - but I wonder if he is, in the seats where the Tories need to perform well?
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @TGOHF

You forgot Toff,the Horse & to-day's revelation about the bald patch.
  • Options
    Mr. Nabavi, I suspect you're right. Boris is most popular in the south, but it's the north where the Conservatives (broadly speaking) need more traction.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    isam said:

Please, no

For one thing it sounds creepy now he is dead

John Prescott ‏@johnprescott 7m

So Twitter. Shall we try and make Free Nelson Mandela the Xmas No 1? http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/watch-free-nelson-mandela-running-6390513

That's a great idea. This post was in no way influenced by the 5/1 offered by Hills
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 13,185
    Evening all :)

I find it curious that people should choose to watch an event which they clearly loathed and then continue to watch it just to come on here and complain about it. Why not simply do something else ?

It takes masochism to a whole new place.

On-topic, Boris has two choices in my view - he can either carry on being Mayor of London (he'd probably win in 2016) and swim around as a big fish in that pond trading on the Olympic glory days and peddling his bicycles here there and everywhere or he can take a risk...

IF Cameron is still Prime Minister after the next GE, there won't be a vacancy for a while though I doubt Cameron will want to serve a full second term. IF the Conservatives are out of power, Cameron is presumably gone and the question then becomes whether Osborne will, given his advantage, be able to take the reins or whether the Party will want to be rid of any association with the Cameron years.

Either way, Boris needs to get into Parliament (not insurmountable) at or just after 2015 and either be the PM's loyal ally or be very quick with the knife.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Did anyone post the Ipsos Mori Holyrood VI figures from today's poll ?
    SNP 36 -3
    Lab 34 -1
    Con 15 +3
    LD 7 N/C
    UKIP 1
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 21,097

On topic: Interesting article, but, even if you accept the premise, would it actually be feasible to change the rules quickly enough for Boris to jump in at the right time? Alternatively, as I think David H is hinting should happen, the rules could in theory be changed well in advance - but that looks vanishingly unlikely; it would be absurdly destabilising.

Tha answer, surely, is that if Boris wants to be Leader of the Conservative Party, then he needs to find a friendly constituency association to adopt him as its candidate in 2015. That shouldn't be too hard; I can't imagine any wouldn't jump at the chance.

Whether Boris would win a leadership contest is not obvious, though. Admittedly his recent Margaret Thatcher lecture - so amusingly and typically misquoted by the Left - was a fine piece of work, and showed a newly serious and analytical side of Boris, but the obstacle still remains that he is, if anything, to the left of Cameron, and is as typically metropolitan as Osborne. As such he wouldn't be a natural choice of the right, or of party members generally. If he's seen as a vote-winner, that might not matter - but I wonder if he is, in the seats where the Tories need to perform well?

Boris wants to be PM, not leader of the Tory party.
    They are not the same thing. The difference is not necessarily a good thing for your party. Recall his speech and beware.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,418

Cameron's much fatter than me. Then again, when I was at school (later secondary) I was skinny enough to touch my spine through my stomach, so it's not hard.

[I have since gained about 3st].

Besides, Boris and Ken Clarke are rotund fellows. I don't think being well-rounded is a bad thing for a politician.

Yon Cassius hath a lean and hungry look. Such men are dangerous.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    What is POEWAS
  • Options
    Freggles said:

What is POEWAS

Poor old Ed what a shame.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited December 2013
    Andrew Miller, Labour MP for Ellesmere Port & Neston, is to retire, number 37 to do so:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25311365
  • Options
    What was the gender splits please for the latest ICM?

Just want to check back to those for November's and the reaction to those of course.

Thank you.
  • Options

Freggles said:

What is POEWAS

Thanks have been wondering for ages. A very specific acronym indeed
  • Options

What was the gender splits please for the latest ICM?

Just want to check back to those for November's and the reaction to those of course.

Thank you.

I must be looking in the wrong place - Male Con 31, Lab 37 vs Female Con 33, Lab 40 Lab?

• Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited December 2013
    Jonathan said:

Boris wants to be PM, not leader of the Tory party.
    They are not the same thing. The difference is not necessarily a good thing for your party. Recall his speech and beware.

I'm sure you are right, but to become PM Boris has first to become leader, and at the right time. Starting from where he is, the most likely route would be post-2015 with Ed Miliband rapidly becoming a hugely unpopular PM, leaving 2020 as a good opportunity for Boris to get the keys to No 10, having won a post-Cameron contest.

The other possible route is via a Conservative government in 2015, with Boris a Cabinet Minister first and then challenging or waiting for Dave to move on of his own accord. But the image of Boris as a Cabinet Minister is one which I find slightly hard to envisage; it's easy to see him as PM, harder to see him managing the nitty-gritty of running a big department and getting legislation through parliament.

Either way, he needs to stand for parliament in 2015, if he wants to be a runner in whatever race is going to be run.

Overall, it doesn't look easy to me.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    Jeez. Just catching up with the Mandelathon.

Sums everything up really.
  • Options
    Carola said:
    Whoever wrote that needs a lesson in clear writing.

And the use of paragraphs.

"The new illiteracy is about more than not knowing how to read the book or the word; it is about not knowing how to read the world."

Which I fear may mean, in the author's mind: you may be literate and well-read, but if you disagree with my view of the world, you are a New Illiterate.
  • Options
    Freggles said:

Freggles said:

What is POEWAS

Thanks have been wondering for ages. [POEWAS is] a very specific acronym indeed
    It derives from a time (one of Brown's bounces) when Labour MPs were apt to call Cameron PODWAS. For similar reasons, I'd be disinclined to write Miliband off with the same sort of put down just yet.
  • Options

Carola said:

"The new illiteracy is about more than not knowing how to read the book or the word; it is about not knowing how to read the world."

Which I fear may mean, in the author's mind: you may be literate and well-read, but if you disagree with my view of the world, you are a New Illiterate.
    Well. It resonates with me.
  • Options
    RN - "Either way, he [Boris] needs to stand for parliament in 2015, if he wants to be a runner in whatever race is going to be run."

That would certainly make life an awful lot easier all round, whatever the result of the 2015 election. However, the point antifrank makes early on is valid either way: Boris needs to be a candidate in any election, assuming he hasn't massively blotted his copybook by then. Whether he wins or not is less important than the new leader having a decisive mandate.
  • Options
    audreyanneaudreyanne Posts: 1,376
    Boris is totally unsuitable to be Tory party leader. He has many fine qualities, which include being a shagoholic but Prime Minister isn't one of them.

• Options

Boris is totally unsuitable to be Tory party leader. He has many fine qualities, which include being a shagoholic but Prime Minister isn't one of them.

So said a thousand lefties when he proposed standing for Mayor.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:
    Oh dear. Has Ed's boss been a naughty boy?

I wonder what dear old Ralph would make of such an unpatriotic suggestion?

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    TGOHF said:

The PB Kinnock mantra; people who went to the same school as Boris are not fit to be PM.

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    Carola said:

Carola said:

If you can take the author's screed (*) and condense it down, what resonated with you?

(*) And I don't mean tamping down wet concrete, although the original article had a lot in common with wet concrete.
  • Options

It is complete balderdash. It is an inverted pyramid of piffle. It is all completely untrue and ludicrous conjecture. I am amazed people can write this drivel.
    - Boris quoted in the Mail on Sunday, 7 November 2004.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Turned you down, did he?

• Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    If Milliband ever makes it,he will have a horrible experience when reality,and the markets hit him,regrettably I am planning for the worst.
    Boris could arrive at just the right time,and get a huge boost. I have seen him speak in front of a huge audience,(possibly 1 million),and he stole the show.
    But I think he would be useless as a PM,but when has that ever been a detriment.
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

He wouldn't be standing as a Mayor.
    The Tory rivals know where all the bodies are buried, they'd be very relaxed about taking out Boris on three different issues, and probably more.
    The price of 4 or 5/1 next leader is more like the price I'd want on him standing in the next three years
    Oooh the Tory scandals that never come out -like Dave - when he "wont go there on the Co op" - then beasted Ed with his night out with Rev Flowers quip at PMQs.

Forgive me if I file your input under piffle.
  • Options

Carola said:

Carola said:

If you can take the author's screed (*) and condense it down, what resonated with you?

(*) And I don't mean tamping down wet concrete, although the original article had a lot in common with wet concrete.
    I gave up on it very quickly. The author is clearly an Old Illiterate, ie incapable of writing engagingly and understandably.

• Options
    GeoffM said:

Turned you down, did he?

Trying to scare women away from debate with personal jibes, are we?
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Freggles said:

GeoffM said:

Turned you down, did he?

Yes.

Horrible nasty baby-eating man that I am.

Whatchagonnadoaboutit?

• Options
    GeoffM said:

Freggles said:

GeoffM said:

Turned you down, did he?

Yes.

Horrible nasty baby-eating man that I am.

Whatchagonnadoaboutit?

Tut and shake my head
  • Options

Carola said:

Carola said:

Christ, no wonder there's not much debate on here.
  • Options
    Could Boris be Tory leader? Two scenarios:
    1. Cameron remains PM in 2015. I could see Boris succeeding him as an indulgent choice from a secure party, but you'd imagine that others would have similar ideas who'd be able to play the point of difference card better.
    2. Cameron loses in 2015. Either Boris is already an MP or its a non-starter. Would the party want to replace Cameron and the Eton clique with Boris from the same clique, with class and power having been a key election losing theme?

In summary I can't see it. They'd have to go for someone normal next time surely, whether they win the election or not. Unless of course UKIP manage to so damage the party next year at the Euros that the backbench putch gathers pace? Unlikely surely.
  • Options

Could Boris be Tory leader? Two scenarios:
    1. Cameron remains PM in 2015. I could see Boris succeeding him as an indulgent choice from a secure party, but you'd imagine that others would have similar ideas who'd be able to play the point of difference card better.
    2. Cameron loses in 2015. Either Boris is already an MP or its a non-starter. Would the party want to replace Cameron and the Eton clique with Boris from the same clique, with class and power having been a key election losing theme?

In summary I can't see it. They'd have to go for someone normal next time surely, whether they win the election or not. Unless of course UKIP manage to so damage the party next year at the Euros that the backbench putch gathers pace? Unlikely surely.

3. Cam loses in 2015, a Borisista - say Zak - commits Hari Kiri to stand for 2016 mayor freeing up a nice safe seat...
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    Off topic,but generally about posting.
    I posted on the Beeb HYS and someone accused me of being a liar,naturally I reported the offensive,and libelous post,and the Beeb upheld the complaint and the poster was moderated.
    I posted another comment on the same topic,nothing to do with my complaint,and got an "Editors pick",are the two connected.
    Conspiracy theories abound.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    On the day there is a memorial for a man who fought all his life to abolish racial segregation, there was a depressing debate on Channel 4 news this evening between an Islamist and Y Ali-Brown about the decision of some British universities - including UCL - to permit segregation of men and women at British - yes, you read that right - British universities if some Islamist wants it because it would offend his religious views and, therefore, in the sort of cock-a-mamie thinking that would have got me failed when I was at university, be an infringement of his freedom of speech.

There is a petition against this monstrosity but that - once again - we have an example of how women's rights are trampled on in the rush to appease male fascists is beyond depressing.

Rather than a group hug and a photo op over Mandela I want politicians here to do something serious about such grotesqueries. Or is gender segregation good now?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 24,425
    I wonder where we're going to put 132 million people. We'll need to build a few more houses by the sound of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10509723/UK-population-could-hit-132-million-warn-official-figures.html
  • Options

TGOHF said:
    Oh dear. Has Ed's boss been a naughty boy?

I wonder what dear old Ralph would make of such an unpatriotic suggestion?

You don't REALLY believe what's in the Express do you? You REALLY think Princess Diana's on the moon with Elvis?
  • Options
    R0bertsR0berts Posts: 391

I wonder where we're going to put 132 million people. We'll need to build a few more houses by the sound of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10509723/UK-population-could-hit-132-million-warn-official-figures.html

Who gives a shit, none of us are going to be alive then.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited December 2013

Alan,more like build new cities more like,madness.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2013
    R0berts said:

Well, obviously YOU don't care a shit if your grandchildren live in a multicultural hell.
  • Options
    Carola said:

Carola said:

Carola said:

Christ, no wonder there's not much debate on here.
    1) You presented an article.
    2) I read it, thought it was poorly written (hilariously so, given the topic), and disagreed with what I believed to be the central premise.
    3) You said it resonated with you.
    4) I asked you why.

Seems fair enough to me. Unless you didn't actually understand it enough yourself? :-)

A note: you may be a teacher, but debate is not people going around in a circle-jerk agreeing with each other.
  • Options
    R0berts said:

It's your heart-felt dedication to our children which impresses me most.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Or is gender segregation good now?

Of course it isn't. Not really au fait with how far down the line the proposed segregation is but hopefully it won't be actually implemented (I'm currently working at Warwick at the moment).
  • Options

Alan,more like build new cities more like,madness.
    Well that population would make us much like Japan so all the cities would start to merge into one.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Of course it isn't. Not really au fait with how far down the line the proposed segregation is but hopefully it won't be actually implemented (I'm currently working at Warwick at the moment).
    Sunil. You should have told us sooner Mr Observer and myself would have bought you a beer. Are you working in Warwick regularly ?
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    edited December 2013
    MikeS+RobertS

Saw this just posted on an ancient thread...

FormerToryOrange Posts: 20
    8:48PM
    Is this site still active?

Clearly people are still not finding the most recent thread, so something needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    MikeK said:

R0berts said:

Well, obviously YOU don't care a shit if your grandchildren live in a multicultural hell.
    I live in a multicultural hell. My wife forced me to buy some lentils and pistachios today.

Add this onto the six hours of shopping I was subjected to on Saturday (which is surely against the Geneva Convention), then I say Send Them All Home.

(Edit: she just said: if I'm sent home, then you're coming with me. Which is a sure indication of the way these immigrants are not only coming over here and stealing our men, but also heinously abducting them on the narrowest of pretences).
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    tim said:

MikeK said:

R0berts said:

The same arguments used against Jewish immigrants over and over again.
    Perhaps people don't want to live in a multi-cultural society which has gender segregation at seats of learning because people like you refused to accept that there are certain types of immigrants who don't enrich our society but reintroduce evils we fought hard to get rid of or never thought to see in our country.

• Options

R0berts said:

Think of them, won't somebody think of them!

I'm more concerned about the impact of climate change on the next generation or two than I am about the impact of a few more people with funny accents and skin tones living on an insular little Northern European island to be honest.
  • Options
    R0berts said:

R0berts said:

I'm more concerned about the impact of climate change on the next generation or two than I am about the impact of a few more people with funny accents and skin tones living on an insular little Northern European island to be honest.
    A few more people,are you for real.

• Options
    Miss Cyclefree, you are absolutely right.
  • Options

MikeK said:

R0berts said:

I live in a multicultural hell. My wife forced me to buy some lentils and pistachios today.

Add this onto the six hours of shopping I was subjected to on Saturday (which is surely against the Geneva Convention), then I say Send Them All Home.
    Lentils are the food of the Gods you fool! Open your eyes.

Seriously, use the leftovers and juices from your Christmas ham for a ham n lentil soup, you'll never look back. Let me know if you want the recipe, for a small donation to charity...
  • Options

R0berts said:

R0berts said:

Few million, whatever, there's plenty of room.
  • Options
    R0berts said:

R0berts said:

R0berts said:

Few million, whatever, there's plenty of room.

What part of the country do you live ?
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,655
    Next said:

MikeS+RobertS

Saw this just posted on an ancient thread...

FormerToryOrange Posts: 20
    8:48PM
    Is this site still active?

Clearly people are still not finding the most recent thread, so something needs to be fixed.

The site will lose posters if it looks like a dead site!
  • Options
    R0berts said:

MikeK said:

R0berts said:

Lentils are the food of the Gods you fool! Open your eyes.

Seriously, use the leftovers and juices from your Christmas ham for a ham n lentil soup, you'll never look back. Let me know if you want the recipe, for a small donation to charity...
    Thanks, but my wife (the evil immigrant) is a pescetarian and ex-vegetarian, so I'm well versed in the usage of the accursed lentils. ;-)

I'm going to my parents for Christmas Dinner, as I have done for 39 of my 40 years, and so I'll be doing no cooking. This is the first year that I've remotely felt guilty about it ...

BTW: just in case anyone wonders, she is furious about such segregation. It invokes her feminist ire.
  • Options
    R0berts said:

R0berts said:

Sorry, forgot you were Labour, you're not used to leaving countries in better shape than you found them.
  • Options
    R0berts said:

R0berts said:

In which case you are scientifically illiterate fool. Flat Earthers like you are on a par with the creationist lunatics.
  • Options
    Mr. SMukesh, you're entirely right. Until recently (today or yesterday) I got the ancient article as the 'most recent'. If I weren't a regular, as well as you all missing my wonderful posts, I'd've thought the site was defunct.
  • Options
    Mr. Roberts, it's not the biological differences, it's the cultural differences. Gender segregation is not something that helps our society, nor is it an acceptable vestige of a foreign culture. It has no place in a civilised country.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    tim said:

Mr. Roberts, it's not the biological differences, it's the cultural differences. Gender segregation is not something that helps our society, nor is it an acceptable vestige of a foreign culture. It has no place in a civilised country.

Then stop the gender segregation, secularise all places of learning, stop girls and boys being educated separately by any religious bodies which attract state funding.Or within any educational establishment.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Universities_UK_Rescind_endorsement_of_sex_segregation_at_UK_Universities/?wUCkfdb
  • Options

Is racial segregation where we live in this country acceptable because it's happening.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Sunil. You should have told us sooner Mr Observer and myself would have bought you a beer. Are you working in Warwick regularly ?
    Sent you a PM, Alanbrooke!
  • Options
    tim said:

Then stop the gender segregation, secularise all places of learning, stop girls and boys being educated separately by any religious bodies which attract state funding.Or within any educational establishment.

I'll vote for that. Which party's manifesto is it in?
  • Options
    tim said:

tim ae you defending the Islamists insistence on segregation? They are the ones calling for it, not any other group.
This discussion has been closed.