Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The coronavirus crisis: A Misdiagnosis?

Comments

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1240639703931662337

Considering that this should be an event of national unity, these are rubbish polling numbers for both the government and the Prime Minister.

For comparison, Giuseppe Conte in Italy has a 71% approval rating at present:

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1240622447323463680

I thought we did this last week? As long as the polling splits by remain/leave etc. then the public are not actually concerned about this crisis.
    What rubbish. It means that a large part of the public don't trust the Prime Minister. With good reason.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,748
    Guernsey doing a reasonable job of communicating:

https://twitter.com/Govgg/status/1240630025583562752?s=20
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,697
    edited March 2020

Andy_JS said:

"99% of patients killed by coronavirus in Italy had existing illnesses, study finds
    Research into 355 deaths found that only three (0.8%) had no other illnesses
    Nearly half of them - 48.5% - already had three or even more health conditions
    Another 25.6% had two other 'pathologies', while 25.1% had one other illness"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8130479/99-patients-killed-coronavirus-Italy-existing-illnesses-study-finds.html

I don't think there are many old people without at least one of what they are calling an existing illness. But interesting (if that is the right word) that half have 3 or more.
    Even though I'm not in the age range I've decided to try to do more exercise (if possible) and eat more healthily as a result of statistics like this. AFAIK the vast majority of type 2 diabetes cases could be avoided simply through exercise and diet changes.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2020
    Good crisis numbers for the Tories. If they don't act more substantially soon and the blockdown continues, though, those numbers will go through the floor.

Good to see the Brexit party powering ahead on 0%. Why are we being told about that, incidentally ? I don't usually see that on polls.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,159
    Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Venice no propellers churning up the silt in canals, makes fish visible.

I suppose Ed Davey will be enjoying Layla Moran's woke look at me stupidity. If the Lib Dems have any sense keep her away from leadership.

From her Twitter a/c

Farage and Trump engaging in racial hatred by ‘pointing out’ the virus ‘started in China’. You know what else ‘started in China’? The fleet that discovered America in 1492.

She thinks Columbus was Chinese?
    Badly phrased but yes the fleet was sailing to find a new route to China, not to find America.
    Also the term is rediscovered I believe as its fairly well accepted by now that the vikings discovered it earlier
    Pretty sure the Eurasian ancestors of Native Americans 'discovered' it even earlier!
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    When was the last time the Tories polled an absolute majority in an opinion poll? I seem to recall May peaked at 50 but I don't think she went past that.

How often in the past has any government polled an absolute majority?
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844

Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

I suppose Ed Davey will be enjoying Layla Moran's woke look at me stupidity. If the Lib Dems have any sense keep her away from leadership.

From her Twitter a/c

Farage and Trump engaging in racial hatred by ‘pointing out’ the virus ‘started in China’. You know what else ‘started in China’? The fleet that discovered America in 1492.

Badly phrased but yes the fleet was sailing to find a new route to China, not to find America.
    Also the term is rediscovered I believe as its fairly well accepted by now that the vikings discovered it earlier
    Pretty sure the Eurasian ancestors of Native Americans 'discovered' it even earlier!
    chuckles yes but indigenous people don't seem to count as discovering something.....its probably quantum or something nothing exists until observed by a european
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

When was the last time the Tories polled an absolute majority in an opinion poll? I seem to recall May peaked at 50 but I don't think she went past that.

Tories were on 52 with Ipsos Mori in September 2008:

Con: 52
    Lab: 24
    LD: 12
    Others: 12
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Tories were on 52 with Ipsos Mori in September 2008:

Con: 52
    Lab: 24
    LD: 12
    Others: 12
    Ah yes. Any idea when they last did it while in office rather than opposition?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    King Cole, so far as I know the claim was pretty much made up.

Mr. Thompson, she could be mistaking the year? That's the only thing I can think of.
  • Options

The fieldwork is very old though /s.
  • Options

September 2008 was the last time the Tories polled 51%+
  • Options

tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

Considering that this should be an event of national unity, these are rubbish polling numbers for both the government and the Prime Minister.

I thought we did this last week? As long as the polling splits by remain/leave etc. then the public are not actually concerned about this crisis.
    What rubbish. It means that a large part of the public don't trust the Prime Minister. With good reason.
    And equally, a lot of the public do trust him as he has delivered what his predecessor couldn't.

But Brexit really ought not come into it when judging the government's response to this crisis.
  • Options
    Now this is what you call a fair and balanced poll.

https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1240421216692961284
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,864
    Afternoon all :)

"Panic on the streets of East Ham" isn't a lyric in a song but it is surreal out there at the moment. The construction sites continue seemingly unperturbed but Lidl, Iceland, Savers and other stores were all operating queuing systems before entry and the depletion of food stocks continues unabated.

If anything, the prospect (however remote) of a "lockdown" has dragged more people out to do more panic buying as they think they will be welded into their homes for a month.

This has been spectacularly poorly thought through - sometimes it's what you don't say rather than what you do that matters.

Add to that the closure of the Barking Road following a fatal stabbing overnight and it's all a bit mad.

As an aside, my brother is doing well currently and Mrs Stodge has had to go into work again as her laptop is STILL not ready.
  • Options
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1240641491397160960

One for the #borisbutcher crowd on twitter.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

And equally, a lot of the public do trust him as he has delivered what his predecessor couldn't.

But Brexit really ought not come into it when judging the government's response to this crisis.
    Trust in a Prime Minister's abilities and character should. And that is what a large section of the population is judging him on.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited March 2020

Now this is what you call a fair and balanced poll.

https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1240421216692961284

No "incredible, best ever, winning" ?
  • Options
    Don't they always say that?
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

More glorious news.

:smiley:
  • Options

Don't they always say that?
    No. Normally they try and get it out by 2pm.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

So again no evidence whatsoever a 30 year old homeless person is more likely to die from Covid 19 than an 80 year old rich person, even if there are not many 80 year old homeless people to compare to an 80 year old rich person might live longer than them but not a 30 year old homeless person

Please someone tell me this guy is trolling
    Not at all...

• Options

twitter.com/britainelects/status/1240641843857182720

Who the bloody hell are the 15% ?
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2020
    HYUFD said:
    I'm tempted to say at this point he should get on the line to the Treasury, and start spraying out packs of 50 pound notes from the chopper, liberally onto the Norfolk countryside.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

Trust in a Prime Minister's abilities and character should. And that is what a large section of the population is judging him on.
    In both directions! Alastair, I am judging remainers and leavers here.

EDIT: There is also an age element here, and actually you might think that older voters should have been more concerned with the lack of action until recently.
  • Options
    Proof that 15% of the population are beyond hope.
  • Options

Undertakers and supermarket executives.
  • Options

LOL. Fair enough. :D
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

From her Twitter a/c

chuckles yes but indigenous people don't seem to count as discovering something.....its probably quantum or something nothing exists until observed by a european
    I suppose to be fair to we Eurocentrics, written records of something very much aids in the verification and semi mythologising of an event.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,772
    RobD said:

Not sure the 13% are much better
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844
    RobD said:

wasnt there a poll in the states where 5% of people admitted they had at some point been decapitated.....some people are....stupid
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,652

Mr. 1000, whilst wrong, the 1492 tweet does have a backstory.

There's a book about a 15th century Chinese fleet visiting the American continent. It turned out to be nonsense, but sold a bucketload, so that's likely the origin of the claim.

It's wrong, but only as wrong as people who claim Canute was foiled when he tried to turn back the tide.

Didn't Chinese get to the Pacific coasts of what is now the USA? I'm somewhat surprised, as they had the resources. Pretty sure they got as far as Australia, but didn't like the bit they got to.
    Incidentally I'm sure I was reading the other day that there's some evidence of Australasian ancestry in ancient South American populations.
    There are stories about that, but no real facts, AFAIK.

The probably could have, well before Columbus, had they tried:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
  • Options
    The UK Foreign Office is facing a massive challenge to help repatriate hundreds of thousands of Britons seeking to return home, the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, has said.

Raab said as many as 1 million people may be returning to the UK, with or without FCO help.
  • Options

And lawyers - they always make a killing.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

wasnt there a poll in the states where 5% of people admitted they had at some point been decapitated.....some people are....stupid
    Or trolls.
  • Options

The UK Foreign Office is facing a massive challenge to help repatriate hundreds of thousands of Britons seeking to return home, the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, has said.

Raab said as many as 1 million people may be returning to the UK, with or without FCO help.

A million potential plague carriers.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,430

Why is the steering wheel on the wrong side?
  • Options
    Yet they are planning on taking the £20.90 direct debit for my Cineworld unlimited card next month.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

So again no evidence whatsoever a 30 year old homeless person is more likely to die from Covid 19 than an 80 year old rich person, even if there are not many 80 year old homeless people to compare to an 80 year old rich person might live longer than them but not a 30 year old homeless person

Not at all...

*Everyone is testing positive
  • Options
    Germany’s defence minister, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, has said that the military is planning the mobilisation of many of its 75,000 reserve forces.

Germany mobilising their military...should we be even more worried? As a German friend said to me yesterday, I didn't realize quite how serious this was until Merkel mentioned the war, then I knew this is really really bad.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

Is there any update on the number the boffins think have it? Must be far far higher than the official count.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    RobD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

Is there any update on the number the boffins think have it? Must be far far higher than the official count.
    If it was 50k on Sunday / Monday, it is now more like 100k and if we take the deaths and x100, that gets you about that, which is what one of the egg heads said yesterday (or day before).
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

Vallance and Whitty said they were working on the assumption that the real infection rate is 10 to 20 times the official figures.
  • Options

RobD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

If it was 50k on Sunday / Monday, it is now more like 100k and if we take the deaths and x100, that gets you about that, which is what one of the egg heads said yesterday (or day before).
    So a million by the middle of next week, then five by the week after....
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Not true. Slumps are a net bad for commercial law firms. In 2008/9 I saw a net drop of 33% in my profit share. I'd expect this to have severe effects on law firms this time too.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/alexmassie/status/1240629893819498496?s=20

*nips out to look for the most likely Covid 19 carrier to snog*
  • Options
    The prime minister of the Netherlands has offered reassurances amid the global coronavirus outbreak: telling citizens there is no shortage of loo roll, Reuters report.

He added: “But there’s enough in the whole country for the coming 10 years. We can all poop for 10 years.”
  • Options
    nichomar said:
    I don't think it is possible to lock down the Queen.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

So a million by the middle of next week, then five by the week after....
    Well they said they think peak will now be in 3 weeks, so definitely talking million+ in the near future.
  • Options

The prime minister of the Netherlands has offered reassurances amid the global coronavirus outbreak: telling citizens there is no shortage of loo roll, Reuters report.

He added: “But there’s enough in the whole country for the coming 10 years. We can all poop for 10 years.”

They have a ten year reserve of toilet paper? Seems excessive.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

The same idiots who are still going to the pub etc.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

From her Twitter a/c

I suppose to be fair to we Eurocentrics, written records of something very much aids in the verification and semi mythologising of an event.
    True. We can state with some confidence that 'Asians' first 'discovered' the Americas, but exactly who, and exactly when, remains a matter of dispute and conjecture.

We've pinned it down to a couple of millennia sometime around 14,000 BC.

Though there are arguments about human settlement prior to the last Glacial Maximum...
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,688

tlg86 said:

Not true. Slumps are a net bad for commercial law firms. In 2008/9 I saw a net drop of 33% in my profit share. I'd expect this to have severe effects on law firms this time too.
    So you only made a 67% killing.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Begs the question, how much dried pasta do they have?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Was Prince Andrew flying the helicopter?
  • Options

Why is the steering wheel on the wrong side?
    Big picture stuff eh?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,864
    edited March 2020
    dr_spyn said:

Not at all - crises often work well for the incumbent Prime Minister. Those with long memories will recall Gordon Brown's popularity in 2007 after a couple of terrorist attacks were foiled.

Look at Blair after the death of Diana and later after 9/11. At times of crisis, the Prime Minister is always there and all he or she has to do is look halfway authoritative and serious and it's easy.

There is no political opposition to worry about - were Starmer Prime Minister he'd probably be doing and saying the same thing and at times of national crisis criticism of the Government sounds vaguely unpatriotic when the country needs to "pull together" or "get behind" or whatever agricultural colloquialism we are using.

Even better, if it all ends well, the PM can bask in the tribute of a relieved nation and if it goes wrong, Chris Whitty and Matt Hancock will be given a sword each and told to fall on it - obviously not the same sword, that would be unhygenic.
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,452
    RobD said:

Government archives?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Not at all...

Dunno, haven't seen recent guesstimates. They're talking 10 x identified cases in the US, though that seems conservative.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,688

Yet they are planning on taking the £20.90 direct debit for my Cineworld unlimited card next month.
    Arseholes!
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

RobD said:

Or trolls.
    Or headless chickens....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Now we know why the shelves are empty. The clogs have hoarded all the paper.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

"99% of patients killed by coronavirus in Italy had existing illnesses, study finds
    Research into 355 deaths found that only three (0.8%) had no other illnesses
    Nearly half of them - 48.5% - already had three or even more health conditions
    Another 25.6% had two other 'pathologies', while 25.1% had one other illness"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8130479/99-patients-killed-coronavirus-Italy-existing-illnesses-study-finds.html

I don't think there are many old people without at least one of what they are calling an existing illness. But interesting (if that is the right word) that half have 3 or more.
    I'd be interested to know what percentage of over 70s in the UK don't have any significant medical conditions. It may be a bit higher than people assume.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,250
    dr_spyn said:

Labour a long way behind -22% points.

It is a big Tory lead. But I can see it shrinking rapidly as the crisis deepens and the public get to see lots of Starmer. He will be striking just the right note of constructive yet challenging. And people are going to like his shrewd and measured demeanor at a time like this. He has a reassuring presence that the charismatic, edgy Johnson does not. Johnson makes you laugh or cry, often simultaneously. Starmer makes you feel safe.
  • Options
    Nonsense. A blatant anti-Tory lie. Business has had £330bn of loans. A business where its trading plan is zero revenue with 100% maintenance of costs is absolutely in a position to get the cash. HYUFD is personally signing the cheque.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,788

Every cloud...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51944044

No Indyref this year. I wonder if the price of oil has anything to do with it.

No - N Sea revenues were holed below the waterline by Osborne's 2011 tax grab and subsequent tax allowances for taking facilities out of production for modernisation.
  • Options
    kicorsekicorse Posts: 431
    edited March 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

kicorse said:

The government should help those whose businesses collapse as a result of COVID-19, certainly. The cost does need to be spread out across society, and it's not realistic to expect them to recoup most of their lost earnings, but the government should do what is necessary to prevent their lives falling apart.

But the people who will be hit hardest by this will be the homeless, as usual. They have little opportunity to follow guidance on social distancing and hygiene, and if they catch the disease, their outlook is very poor. Even if they don't, the reduced footfall and the prioritisation of other matters will mean the difference between life and death for many. Do spare a thought for them and show them kindness if you can.

Yes we need to help the homeless but you are more likely to survive Covid 19 as a 30 year old homeless person living under a bridge in Kensington than an 80 year old multi millionaire living in a mansion down the road
    total and utter piffle.....I suspect most 80 year old multi millionaires are in far better physical condition than 30 year olds who have been sleeping under a bridge through the winter and in addition will get far better care if they do get it.
    Physically they won't be, the ageing process means an 80 year old will always be more decrepit than a 30 year old unless there is some other pre existing health condition.
    A homeless person can still get NHS treatment
    The homeless are proverbial for having severe health issues get a grip you are bringing tories into disrepute the more you spout
    Unless a homeless person has a pre existing health condition like cancer, diabetes or a heart condition then medically and factually my point is correct, Covid 19 has close to a 20% death rate for over 80s but less than 1% for 30 year olds and economic circumstance makes little difference to that
    There are a lot more medical issues than that which makes someone high risk, a lot of homeless suffer chest infections after winter.

I have to ask are you a labour plant because you sure seem to be living up to being a typical left wing caricature of a baby eating tory. Your lack of any compassion and empathy really is astounding
    Some may, many may not but factually my point remains true, a 30 year old homeless person on average will have more chance of surviving Covid 19 than an 80 year old rich person.

If being factually correct means you want to characterise me as evil so be it, rather that than make a factually inaccurate statement just so you can portray me as a fluffy bunny
    You've provided no facts for that bullshit. The catchall phrase "unless there is some pre existing health condition" eliminated that claim since homeless people do have pre-existing health conditions.
    Show me one piece of evidence economic circumstance is more important than age in determining Covid 19 mortality?
    Homelessness is not "economic circumstance" FFS. You really are a sheltered fool and make a mockery of Tories.
    I didn't mention homeless people to start a debate about who is more likely to die from COVID-19 out of a homeless person or an 80 year old. My point was that their already terrible circumstances have been made worse, and we shouldn't ignore this.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't help the elderly. Like any decent person, I have offered to do shopping for my elderly neighbour and leave bags outside her door. It doesn't mean we shouldn't feel sympathy for, and ask the government to help, owners of business that have collapsed.

But homeless people, and in particular rough sleepers, should be right at the top of our list of priorities, and right now I don't feel that they are.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

From the same poll:

That reflects the fact that the UK is a more divided society. The bulk of it based on party divisions and maybe divisions on other issues. If I read the Italina poll correctly the big jump has come recently as the situation got much worse.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,772
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    I think I might have to stop using that Sion Simon piece as the apotheosis of bad political predictions, this piece by Dan Hannan from last month has raised the bar.

Alarmism, doom-mongering, panic – and the coronavirus. We are nowhere near a 1919-style catastrophe.

https://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2020/02/daniel-hannan-alarmism-doom-mongering-panic-and-the-coronavirus-we-are-nowhere-near-a-1919-style-catastrophe.html

Has Dan Hannan ever been right about anything?
  • Options
    stodge said:

dr_spyn said:

Not at all - crises often work well for the incumbent Prime Minister. Those with long memories will recall Gordon Brown's popularity in 2007 after a couple of terrorist attacks were foiled.

Look at Blair after the death of Diana and later after 9/11. At times of crisis, the Prime Minister is always there and all he or she has to do is look halfway authoritative and serious and it's easy.

There is no political opposition to worry about - were Starmer Prime Minister he'd probably be doing and saying the same thing and at times of national crisis criticism of the Government sounds vaguely unpatriotic when the country needs to "pull together" or "get behind" or whatever agricultural colloquialism we are using.

Even better, if it all ends well, the PM can bask in the tribute of a relieved nation and if it goes wrong, Chris Whitty and Matt Hancock will be given a sword each and told to fall on it - obviously not the same sword, that would be unhygenic.
    I think the Brown bounce coincided with the floods (wasn't Cameron on holiday or something?). Floods seem to hurt Tory politicians more than Labour ones (I don't know why).
  • Options

tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

It really doesn't.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

And after that?!?!
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

From the same poll:

No I think not - you do not reflect most people - that is what is eating away at you.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    kinabalu said:

dr_spyn said:

It is a big Tory lead. But I can see it shrinking rapidly as the crisis deepens and the public get to see lots of Starmer. He will be striking just the right note of constructive yet challenging. And people are going to like his shrewd and measured demeanor at a time like this. He has a reassuring presence that the charismatic, edgy Johnson does not. Johnson makes you laugh or cry, often simultaneously. Starmer makes you feel safe.
    Keir will stand in front of you, take the force of the blow... Projection
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,013

Good crisis numbers for the Tories. If they don't act more substantially soon and the blockdown continues, though, those numbers will go through the floor.

Good to see the Brexit party powering ahead on 0%. Why are we being told about that, incidentally ? I don't usually see that on polls.
    Indeed. Bit harsh on the Monster Raving Loony and Natural Law parties, who are presumably also on 0%.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    kinabalu said:

dr_spyn said:

This crisis cuts both ways. If the Government completely fucks it up, then any Labour leader could win next time. But if the country comes out of it reasonably intact, it will be regarded as a national triumph equivalent to the Falklands, and then you won't see a Labour Government for at least a decade...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    https://twitter.com/Chrisitv/status/1240650568353316865

Interest rates can't go much lower.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,310
    tlg86 said:

stodge said:

dr_spyn said:

I think the Brown bounce coincided with the floods (wasn't Cameron on holiday or something?). Floods seem to hurt Tory politicians more than Labour ones (I don't know why).
    No, Dave was visiting the genocide memorial in Rwanda accompanied by the country's president, but to the Daily Mail that was just as frivolous.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Indeed. Bit harsh on the Monster Raving Loony and Natural Law parties, who are presumably also on 0%.
    I guess because they were at 1% in the previous poll.
  • Options
    In these uncertain times, IDS being a cnut is a touchstone to which we can all hold.

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1240616268329299970?s=20
  • Options
    A lockdown in the Land of the Free...

Bay Area locks down as seven counties face ‘unprecedented’ shelter-in-place order
    Residents banned from leaving homes except for essential work, food or services

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-six-bay-area-counties-to-shelter-in-place/
  • Options

In these uncertain times, IDS being a cnut is a touchstone to which we can all hold.

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1240616268329299970?s=20

Yesterday's man.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758
    sarissa said:

Every cloud...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51944044

No Indyref this year. I wonder if the price of oil has anything to do with it.

No - N Sea revenues were holed below the waterline by Osborne's 2011 tax grab and subsequent tax allowances for taking facilities out of production for modernisation.
    holed certainly, but now the hole has got even bigger
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    RobD said:

nichomar said:
    I don't think it is possible to lock down the Queen.
    Wouldn’t be first to be locked down in London possibly in the Tower
  • Options
    Brace yourself -Tulsi Gabbard has quit the Dem nomination race, endorsing Biden.
  • Options

Brace yourself -Tulsi Gabbard has quit the Dem nomination race, endorsing Biden.

Quietest BOOM ! this cycle.
  • Options
    Prince Albert of Monaco has tested positive for Coronavirus.
This discussion has been closed.