Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » What Next for the Parties?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited December 2019
    HaroldO said:

This is absolutely required viewing, no matter what your politics is. John Harris nails it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7eG1kbdr0M

John Harris is worth a 1,000 Owen Jones - if the Labour Party listen to him, there's hope, if they listen to Jones they're finished.

Brexit isn't their answer. It's a chimera.

As they will discover.
    No. But "not being listened to" was a big part of the problem - and the last Parliament decided it was going to continue not listening. The voters have reminded them who is boss.

The tricksy way my fellow remainers tried to stop Brexit played into it in my opinion, rather than going to an election and fronting up with their/our arguements we tried to use process and parliamentary language to do so. It made us look aloof and elite it really did, I was livid at what was happening but then I live on a council estate so perhaps I have better idea of the working classes than Labour.
    Again, a LOT of truth in this. I got really pissed off with them, despite being an ardent Remainer. They looked like they were just playing games and doing everything conceivable to thwart 'the will of the people' - Anna Soubry came to epitomise it but lots of them were at it. DG too.

They had their chance. September 25th Johnson was on the ropes and if they had agreed a caretaker they would have succeeded in a VONC. It seems unthinkable now.
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
This discussion has been closed.