Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In the fight for the Democratic nomination Biden leads the bet

Comments

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,488

https://twitter.com/theamycoop/status/1200513388889223169
    I was wondering what the white pole visible in the videos was.

Seems that at least one person was reformed by the theraputic community approach.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,049

If this comes down to who do you trust to keep us safe
    Boris/Patel
    Corbyn/Abbott
    I can only see one winner

The Tories have been in charge for nine years. If people feel that the system got this wrong then they might want to change who is in charge of it.
    I think that the fact that it was fellow ex-prisoners chasing after him means that is unlikely. They're evidence of the system working.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Seems that at least one person was reformed by the theraputic community approach.
    That is not really appropriate to be honest
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,184
    edited November 2019
    Whatever this was it was not a bog standard terrorist attack. Whatever that is. No terrorist just goes into the Fishmongers Hall on the off chance that there will be some victims. No one knows what the hell that building is.
    I am interested to hear what transpires about this.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,788

This is 2017 GE all over again.....

With one key difference Boris > Theresa
  • Options
    I expect to see polls of the Tories leading by just 5% in the next few days.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    Just don’t let any of these cunts out of jail, ever. How hard is that?
  • Options

ComRes will probably be down to 5% Con lead tomorrow. Doubt any other pollster will have them that low.
  • Options
    speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

When the same question was asked in 2017 with May/Rudd as the other duo, the answer was Corbyn/Abbott according to polling movements.
    People had lost confidence in the government to protect them back then.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

That may be, but all the events are going against the Tories / Tories making a right hash of things, before the terrible event of today.
  • Options

Foxy said:

An ex con turned hero? sounds positive to me.
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019

I googled so no one else has to. Wow.
  • Options

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

Is now really the time for this kind of comment?
    Others are trying to make it political

Personally I think it is best not to so my regrets in doing so. Sorry
    The Guardian is trying to politicize it. “Tory cuts to police to blame” blah blah blah puke

They really are obnoxious
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Do you mean the knifeman or the one who tackled him?
  • Options
    I am not even sure the Tories will be largest party at this rate.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

The nuance in your statement was not that innocent imho
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

The Guardian is trying to politicize it. “Tory cuts to police to blame” blah blah blah puke

Whatever your politics, a sad day for U.K. and with Christmas shopping and election out there the fear this inspires copycat attack.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    speedy2 said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

When the same question was asked in 2017 with May/Rudd as the other duo, the answer was Corbyn/Abbott according to polling movements.
    People had lost confidence in the government to protect them back then.
    Do you have any data for that? I would think Boris beats Corbyn hands down on both terrorism and criminal justice...
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,419

Have there been some new polls?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Byronic said:

I mean known Islamists

We should do what the Israelis do: literally bury them underground. They have special prisons under the desert where they entomb terrorists in windowless cells 100m beneath the surface. I’ve seen the buildings. Terrifying.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    GIN1138 said:

ComRes will probably be down to 5% Con lead tomorrow. Doubt any other pollster will have them that low.
    Might be early enough to focus minds on what that might mean

Corbyn
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Have there been some new polls?
    No - just some extreme pessimists
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

That may be, but all the events are going against the Tories / Tories making a right hash of things, before the terrible event of today.
    We hear this about campaigns time and time again. 9/10 election campaigns make **** all difference in the end. 2017 was the exception but I just don't think this campaign is going to end up the same.

I think Con win with something like 30-40 seat majority as I've said all the way along.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

I agree it's all over Casanova. Could be lab Maj 99. Boris could come 3rd in his seat.
  • Options

That thing you lost appears to be your back bone - get a grip
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Whatever this was it was not a bog standard terrorist attack. Whatever that is. No terrorist just goes into the Fishmongers Hall on the off chance that there will be some victims. No one knows what the hell that building is.

Yes. You wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of a personal vendetta against someone at the event.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,299
    As I have said before, the worst criminals should be housed in prisons in a friendly commonwealth country in sub-saharan Africa, which will save a fortune, help to develop said country's economy, and mean they can be detained for as long as necessary.
  • Options
    Floater said:

That thing you lost appears to be your back bone - get a grip

• Options
    Ave_it said:

I agree it's all over Casanova. Could be lab Maj 99. Boris could come 3rd in his seat.
    Thats better
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,914
    Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Buttigieg flavour of the month.
    It's like 2012 but Biden plays Romney, democrats don't like him and jump from one alternative to the other.

They are like:
    "Hmm I don't like Biden he is too conservative, too old, and out of touch. Maybe this one would be better, nope ok next one on the list"

Yet Iowa which is the ultimate retail, face-to-face politics, seems to like the young mayor.

Go figure.
    If Buttigieg becomes the nominee I expect Trump to lose by a landslide in N.England but still win reelection because minorities hate Buttigieg.
    Anyway there is no part of the democratic coalition that any of the candidates wouldn't alienate, the key is who would alienate the smallest segment while gaining the most from the other party.
    Most of the battleground states are really white, though. (Except Arizona and Pennsylvania.) The ones with significant minority populations are either safe Democrat (like California), or safe Republican (like the deep South).
    Michigan has 13% African American population. If they had turned out at Obama 2012 rates Trump loses Michigan.
    That's repeated across the rust belt.
    Wisconsin only had a 6% black population, but if they turned out at 2012 levels Trump goes home.
    Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota are all very white. Michigan is more mixed.
    However, I suspect that when Obama comes out swinging for Buttigieg (if he is the nominee), then all these concerns will disappear.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

They all look equally crap to me.
    Then you should have gone to Specsavers.....
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,609
    It's a fair point for all I've said things like mr cliffs. Humans arent automatons and a lot of politics is irrational even in places which are better at looking at substance.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,210
    Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

Bozo’s statement suggests he thinks police numbers are of some relevance.
  • Options

As I have said before, the worst criminals should be housed in prisons in a friendly commonwealth country in sub-saharan Africa, which will save a fortune, help to develop said country's economy, and mean they can be detained for as long as necessary.

Sounds a bit like what the Americans did.......
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2019
    TOPPING said:

Well, they might if they're invited there to a rehabilitation conference, complete with ankle tag. (Though I agree that hardly answers all of the questions)
  • Options

Foxy said:

You are not the arbiter of appropriateness. You've never heard of black humour? And that comment wasnt even really dark.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

And if some of the people who tackled the attacker are ex-cons, so what. They are still heroes and deserve praise and thanks.

I don't think anyone has said contrarywise. What they have said is that it makes the news that the attacker was an ex-con less significant, because it weakens the "throw away the key" argument.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

They shot him dead in less than 5 minutes allegedly....... what more can we reasonably expect?
  • Options
    If the bbc and itv are anything to go by the public anger is directed at the parole board and the Mayor. I’m sure more information will come out in the next 24 hours. I hope there will be no further fatalities.

As people with an interest in politics it is understandable to speculate how this might affect an election. It is a black swan event and hard to predict and really it may have a large influence on voters or it may have none at all.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

The nuance in your statement was not that innocent imho
    On the contrary, I have always favoured a more positive attitude to rehabilitation. It is fundamental to my Christian faith that people are redeemable.
  • Options
    Floater said:
    Wow. They took him down with a fire extinguisher and a narwhal tusk. Give them every medal going. If they are ex cons that just makes it BETTER
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Well, they might if they're invited there to a rehabilitation conference, complete with ankle tag.
    and 2 knives......
  • Options
    edited November 2019

TOPPING said:

Well, they might if they're invited there to a rehabilitation conference, complete with ankle tag.
    There'll probably be a return of the bag searches when you enter a public building in London. They'd recently stopped a lot of them at places like the British Library. (Not complaining, just an observation).
  • Options
    Brom said:

If the bbc and itv are anything to go by the public anger is directed at the parole board and the Mayor. I’m sure more information will come out in the next 24 hours. I hope there will be no further fatalities.

As people with an interest in politics it is understandable to speculate how this might affect an election. It is a black swan event and hard to predict and really it may have a large influence on voters or it may have none at all.

The Mayor is not responsible for the probation service is he? that is the Ministry of Justice, surely.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

That would probably only require Labour to get up from all these 34's we've been seeing in recent days to 36%. Perfectly plausible.

If I'm right to suspect that a substantial fraction of the Labour Leave switchers will let the Conservatives down, then a lead that low indicates a growing likelihood of another Hung Parliament. Even if Labour can't get all the way up to 40% again, it may very well be that the Tory polling number includes a lot of extra votes being stacked up in their defences as a result of the Brexit Party's partial stand down. Ought to make it easier for them to hold territory, but conversely the continued presence of BXP in those Leave marginals could make it harder for them to capture more ground. That, of course, depends on whom BXP are taking the votes from, and I have read the suggestion (via YouGov, I think, but I wouldn't swear to it) that BXP are hurting the Tories more than Labour.

If the Tories are to scrape home under such circumstances then it may be down to whether or not they can outperform expectations in Scotland.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

Yep, the tusk is in fact a tooth.
  • Options
    My gut says Buttegieg is peaking too early. It'll be someone else's turn to get momentum soon.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Floater said:
    Wow. They took him down with a fire extinguisher and a narwhal tusk. Give them every medal going. If they are ex cons that just makes it BETTER
    Must be a first surely? The alleged suspect was taken down by a narwhal tusk.

• Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,088

Aren't all tusks teeth?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,210
    Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

They shot him dead in less than 5 minutes allegedly....... what more can we reasonably expect?
    Nothing; from what we know, the response appears to have been swift and efficient. The PM had no reason to start talking about police numbers.
  • Options
    Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

This assumes that voters are reasonable, and that people behave in a logical manner if they feel threatened...

But anyway, as others have observed this is a black swan event that may or may not have political salience. We'll have to wait for evidence in respect of this.
  • Options
    Posted our votes for Boris today. Bought our bi - lingual RNLI Christmas cards and Christmas stamps, bought Christmas cake, put up the Christmas tree, lights and decorated it and avoided the tv and politics as much as possible

Turned out a lovely day but of course very saddened by the attack in London

May everyone have a pleasant nights rest.

Tomorrow is another day and one less for this soap opera of an election to continue ( just 11campaign days left)

Good night folks
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Chris said:

Aren't all tusks teeth?
    You are probably right.
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019
    kle4 said:

My gut says Buttegieg is peaking too early. It'll be someone else's turn to get momentum soon.

I’m very nervous of betting on US politics because it’s very hard to have a sense of what’s being said round the metaphorical water cooler and a sense of what Americans might want.
    Edit - but thank you to whoever first tipped this man because he’s come in miles.
  • Options

Posted our votes for Boris today. Bought our bi - lingual RNLI Christmas cards and Christmas stamps, bought Christmas cake, put up the Christmas tree, lights and decorated it and avoided the tv and politics as much as possible

Tomorrow is another day and one less for this soap opera of an election to continue ( just 11campaign days left)

Good night folks

Night Big_G. Sounds like Xmas has started in your house.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

Nothing; from what we know, the response appears to have been swift and efficient. The PM had no reason to start talking about police numbers.
    Did the PM's statement about police numbers come before or after all the opposition politicians in that BBC debate this evening used the opportunity afforded by this attack to criticise the Government on... cuts to police numbers?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Brom said:

The Mayor is not responsible for the probation service is he? that is the Ministry of Justice, surely.
    I think his previous comments have clearly come back to haunt him. I don’t actually think he’s that unpopular in London just other parts of the country. Technically a lot of terrorism has happened under his watch but it’s clearly not his fault just his actions and comments have been wide of the mark
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    On the subject of Buttigieg vs Trump, I think Buttigieg's big advantage is not that he wins any new votes for the Democrats, but he demotivates suburban Republicans.
    Here in the Los Angeles surburbs, I know a lot of Republicans. They mostly don't like Trump.
    But they'd go out and vote for him to avoid Sanders for sure. They'd probably go out and vote Trump to avoid Warren.
    They probably wouldn't worry so much about Buttigieg.
    And this matters, because Trump only has an approval rating of 43-44%. To win re-election he needs to find people who don't approve of him, but disapprove more of the Democrat.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

This assumes that voters are reasonable, and that people behave in a logical manner if they feel threatened...

But anyway, as others have observed this is a black swan event that may or may not have political salience. We'll have to wait for evidence in respect of this.
    These events don’t generally change the game. Everyone expected the murder of Remainer Jo Cox by a mad Britain First guy to shift the referendum, not least coz they suspended campaigning for 3 days! Yet Leave still won

What they do do is alter the narrative flow. This hideous murder came on a day when Labour were doing well, Boris’ dad, NHS, etc. Now we will be talking about terror, prison, migration and Islam for a few days. Not natural territory for the jezbollah
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Yes. But if Buttigieg really does win Iowa then the mo comes back.
  • Options

Good night folks

Night Big_G. Sounds like Xmas has started in your house.
    Thanks and yes.

We need a distraction and the grandchildren will be round tomorrow to assist finishing the rest so to speak
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

Good night folks

GN Big G looks like you and me will be only people voting for Boris

Goodnight.
    Might be hiding for megapollingsaturday4
  • Options
    Harris now 60 on BF. Wow. She was 4 at one point.
  • Options
    Those PBers who laid Harris must be happy tonight.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

Did the PM's statement about police numbers come before or after all the opposition politicians in that BBC debate this evening used the opportunity afforded by this attack to criticise the Government on... cuts to police numbers?
    Well, if they want to politicise it here is an obvious question for Corbyn.

In the past you have been reluctant to commit to allowing the police to shoot to kill.

Have you changed your mind?
  • Options
    Also re Buttigieg, I would also point out that he has the lowest disapproval rating (among Democrats) of any candidate. That doesn't speak to me of a candidate who's massively repelling large numbers of voters.

Here are the numbers from FiveThirtyEight:
    Gabbard    32.7%
    Sanders 25.4%
    Biden 25.3%
    Harris 25.9%
    Steyer 21.0%
    Klobuchar 19.2%
    Booker 19.9%
    Yang 20.6%
    Warren 18.4%
    Buttigieg 16.1%
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    If it’s confirmed some ex cons tackled the terrorist then it’s quite complicated to then start trashing rehab programs . And if the two people killed were part of the rehab programme surely that adds another layer onto a complicated picture .

• Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,972
    Foxy said:

Byronic said:

I assumed he meant tories.
  • Options
    Finally Buttigieg post :smile:
    I've been long a long time, so am biased. But I have been banging his drum at prices from 25 to 6.
    At current prices he's no longer the clear value bet. I think Biden and Warren are better bets here. (Realistically, I think Biden is probably the most likely winner with - say - a 35% chance, then Warren at around 25%, then Buttigieg the same or a little less, and then there's a 15% chance or so of it being someone else.)
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,032
    Byronic said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

These events don’t generally change the game. Everyone expected the murder of Remainer Jo Cox by a mad Britain First guy to shift the referendum, not least coz they suspended campaigning for 3 days! Yet Leave still won

What they do do is alter the narrative flow. This hideous murder came on a day when Labour were doing well, Boris’ dad, NHS, etc. Now we will be talking about terror, prison, migration and Islam for a few days. Not natural territory for the jezbollah
    You are right. This will play well for Boris
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Also re Buttigieg, I would also point out that he has the lowest disapproval rating (among Democrats) of any candidate. That doesn't speak to me of a candidate who's massively repelling large numbers of voters.

Gabbard    32.7%
    Sanders 25.4%
    Biden 25.3%
    Harris 25.9%
    Steyer 21.0%
    Klobuchar 19.2%
    Booker 19.9%
    Yang 20.6%
    Warren 18.4%
    Buttigieg 16.1%
    Thanks.

As I have said before, I think we are in for a surprise with Buttigieg.

Trump vs Buttigieg.

What a fascinating competition between the generations and world views.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Gabbard    32.7%
    Sanders 25.4%
    Biden 25.3%
    Harris 25.9%
    Steyer 21.0%
    Klobuchar 19.2%
    Booker 19.9%
    Yang 20.6%
    Warren 18.4%
    Buttigieg 16.1%
    That table also shows that Warren is not much disapproved of either.
  • Options
    Oh

And another - Mr Corbyn why do you want to invite a Hamas supporter to number 10?

https://order-order.com/2019/11/26/corbyn-invite-hamas-supporting-muslim-association-britain-downing-street-elected/
  • Options

Byronic said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

The Manchester Arena attack didn't have that effect in 2017. Indeed it focussed attention on Tory police cuts..

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Has anyone placed bets on the Tories gaining seats in Scotland?
  • Options

Byronic said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

Probably but not definitely. It is uncomfortable ground for Labour no doubt and different to the 2017 situation but Im not sure any specific polls discovered how it affected May last time round. We can probably say it isn’t what Labour want to be talking about but then if CCHQ felt comfortable with the campaign this will be a potential can of worms.

I do hope the campaign isn’t suspended for longer than a day, it certainly sends the wrong message against terrorism. Maybe 1 day to respect the victims would be appropriate and then back to business.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    kle4 said:

Who?
    Bloomberg? Nah. Patrick? Nah.
    I would point out that Gabbard has been rising in the Iowa and - even more so - New Hampshire polls, so it's not impossible she gets a bit of 'mo. Her unfavourables are through the roof, mind, so hard to see her winning the Presidential nomination, but you could easily see her get to a level where she's one of four or five Democrats to win delegates in Iowa.
    The other possibility is Klobouchar. She's also been on a slow upward trend in Iowa. Her ground game there is OK, as she's from nearby Minnesota. She's qualified for the December debate too.
    As far as trading bets go, those are the two I'd go for.
  • Options
    vikvik Posts: 157

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.

Trump - charismatic & successful businessman & job creator

Buttigieg - charisma-free mayor of a small town
  • Options
    vik said:

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.

Ummm: the polling evidence suggests that if there's one thing Buttigieg has, it's charisma.
  • Options
    vik said:

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.

I'm looking forward to their debate.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Nope.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,032
    Brom said:

Foxy said:

Brom said:

I think his previous comments have clearly come back to haunt him. I don’t actually think he’s that unpopular in London just other parts of the country. Technically a lot of terrorism has happened under his watch but it’s clearly not his fault just his actions and comments have been wide of the mark
    This has happened on Khan's watch...again. Trump will call him out for this failure during his forthcoming visit.
  • Options
    vik said:

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.

Trump certainly creates lots of jobs for attorneys and prison guards!
    Mayor Pete is a bit policy light for me, but that seems to be the modern way. If you don't have any policies, nothing to find fault with.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Gabbard    32.7%
    Sanders 25.4%
    Biden 25.3%
    Harris 25.9%
    Steyer 21.0%
    Klobuchar 19.2%
    Booker 19.9%
    Yang 20.6%
    Warren 18.4%
    Buttigieg 16.1%
    Thanks.

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.
    And George W was in the Texas Air National Guard, while Kerry won the Purple Heart in Vietnam. And a fat lot of good it did Kerry.
    I agree that Buttigieg vs Trump is by far the most exciting match up. Really fascinating to see them up against each other.
    My view is that successful Presidential candidates are blank slates onto which voters project their hopes. And the fresher faced you are, the easier you can pull that trick off.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,900
    Foxy said:

Byronic said:

Floater said:

IanB2 said:

Byronic said:

Chris said:

Boris/Patel

Corbyn/Abbott

The Manchester Arena attack didn't have that effect in 2017. Indeed it focussed attention on Tory police cuts..

Mainly due to the PM being the person who, as home secretary, had cut them
    I'm not convinced todays horrible events will affect voting at all.
  • Options
    In all ruminating over the events of today, it did strike me that not even the creative genius of Chris Morris could have come up with his suicide bombers in Four Lions being chased down the street by a guy armed with a five foot fucking narwhal tusk.
    A narwhal tusk.
    Reality top trumps fiction, every time.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Nope.
    I think @Casino_Royale has. I think that they will have net losses there but a lot of Scottish majorities are so small, and with 4 major parties there will be gains alongside losses.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,900
    Andy_JS said:

Individual gains? I'm looking at 3 seats.
    Overall? Nope
  • Options
    Foxy said:

vik said:

Trump vs Buttigieg.

Trump - draft dodger.

Buttigieg - Afghanistan.

Trump certainly creates lots of jobs for attorneys and prison guards!
    Mayor Pete is a bit policy light for me, but that seems to be the modern way. If you don't have any policies, nothing to find fault with.
    Isn't that so, Boris?
  • Options

In all ruminating over the events of today, it did strike me that not even the creative genius of Chris Morris could have come up with his suicide bombers in Four Lions being chased down the street by a guy armed with a five foot fucking narwhal tusk.
    A narwhal tusk.
    Reality top trumps fiction, every time.

As Tom Wolfe once said.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Nope.
    I think they might get one, but it's difficult to predict which one it might be.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    I see Hillary was on Graham Norton tonight with Chelsea, cannot see her running again though and still think it will be Warren or Sanders
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,317
    Brom said:

I do hope the campaign isn’t suspended for longer than a day, it certainly sends the wrong message against terrorism. Maybe 1 day to respect the victims would be appropriate and then back to business.

The message from Labour HQ to campaigners this evening was that Corbyn and Johnosn had spoken about the attack and agreed to resume ground campaigning tomorrow, so as to make a statement that the democratic process could not be intimidated. HQ asked campaigners to only put out positive social media today.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    Had an enjoyable Churchillian dinner in Harlow this evening with Robert Halfon, though Priti Patel pulled out at the last minute as she had to attend Cobra after today's incident for understandable reasons
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    If Bozo tries to make political capital out of this then Labour should respond with a simple message . Too little too late , you cut the police and now are just replacing what you lost .

Aswell as the cuts to community policing , that could well be a bigger issue . Johnson is going to be all about the future will be great with all his new police and much harsher sentencing , it’s difficult to compete with that message but you can try and channel the public anger about what has been done in the past .

Labour want the voters to punish previous bad decisions not be wanting to reward the Tories for future promises on police etc.
This discussion has been closed.