Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why it’s going to be harder than many think to view the Euros

13»

Comments

• Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,871
    HYUFD said:

Based on the above the LDs will be the default Remain option outside Scotland and the Brexit Party the default Leave option

For most "remainers" or at least people who voted remain, this is not how they are thinking. They will vote Labour, Tory, Libdem, Change, Green, Nationalist depending on their overall political preferences, not just Brexit. They are not studying opinion polls working out what is the best tactical vote.

Many do not even care that much about brexit either way, there is a general concern to avoid no deal, but most would accept a soft brexit if it allowed other policies they favoured to be implemented.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    TGOHF said:

Hunt over takes Gove who is too busy meeting crusties.

https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1123272626976301056?s=21

Gove beat Hunt in the last ConHome Tory members poll
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,067
    isam said:
    Ex Tory bampot, a Donkey of Donkeys
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068

kinabalu said:

isam said:

2+2=5?

The result was clear, it is the language I am objecting to. Talk of 'winners' and 'losers' makes it more difficult for the country to be brought back together.

- I voted Remain but we lost.
    - We voted to Leave, although I personally did not.

Such a difference there.
    You are entirely right but most of the country are not yet in the mindset for bringing us back together.
    Almost everyone is playing to their base, or for narrow political advantage.

Boris Johnson - he wants to be PM. Everything he says must be seen through that prism.

Jeremy Corbyn - he wants the Conservative Party to be torn apart, and sees fighting over Brexit to be the easiest way to achieve that.

Vince Cable - he'd like some nice cocoa and a blanket

To bring the country back together, we need a leader who puts together the Brexit for the 70%, not the Brexit for the 20%, nor the Remain for the 48%.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

2+2=5?

The result was clear, it is the language I am objecting to. Talk of 'winners' and 'losers' makes it more difficult for the country to be brought back together.

- I voted Remain but we lost.
    - We voted to Leave, although I personally did not.

Such a difference there.
    You are entirely right but most of the country are not yet in the mindset for bringing us back together.
    Almost everyone is playing to their base, or for narrow political advantage.

Boris Johnson - he wants to be PM. Everything he says must be seen through that prism.

Jeremy Corbyn - he wants the Conservative Party to be torn apart, and sees fighting over Brexit to be the easiest way to achieve that.

Vince Cable - he'd like some nice cocoa and a blanket

To bring the country back together, we need a leader who puts together the Brexit for the 70%, not the Brexit for the 20%, nor the Remain for the 48%.
    Probably but that also means Remainers and No Deal Brexit voters compromising too
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Based on the above the LDs will be the default Remain option outside Scotland and the Brexit Party the default Leave option

For most "remainers" or at least people who voted remain, this is not how they are thinking. They will vote Labour, Tory, Libdem, Change, Green, Nationalist depending on their overall political preferences, not just Brexit. They are not studying opinion polls working out what is the best tactical vote.

Many do not even care that much about brexit either way, there is a general concern to avoid no deal, but most would accept a soft brexit if it allowed other policies they favoured to be implemented.
    The problem is soft Brexiteers could split between the Tories and Labour while diehard Remainers go LD and diehard Brexiteers go Brexit Party as the European elections may show
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,067

nico67 said:

nico67 said:

More fudge from Labour .

This is a gift to Change UK and the Lib Dems . Wouldn’t be surprised to see more resignations from Labour .

It’s quite something to ignore the now 75% of Labour Remainers and vast majority of members to go chasing an ever shrinking Labour Leave vote .

Conference will be a blood bath over this in the autumn.
    It’s amazing when you think about it. It’s like Corbyn and his cronies fail to have seen a single poll in the last 18 months . YouGov now barely manages to get 20% of Labour voters saying Leave was the right decision . Even in Labour Leave seats the majority voted Remain .

Labour deserve to get trounced in the EU elections , and hopefully this could have some effect on the locals . Corbyn and his lexiteteer cabal need to be removed .
    Labour are treating the public as fools claiming they are for remain and leave. Each of those positions are non negotiable hence the mess we are in

As far as your last sentence is concerned it would be a huge moment for the country and no doubt a labour government would win a GE easily. Indeed I would expect Brexit to die on the embers of Corbyn's demise
    Unfotunately G, there are fools aplenty about.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

nico67 said:

nico67 said:

More fudge from Labour .

This is a gift to Change UK and the Lib Dems . Wouldn’t be surprised to see more resignations from Labour .

It’s quite something to ignore the now 75% of Labour Remainers and vast majority of members to go chasing an ever shrinking Labour Leave vote .

Conference will be a blood bath over this in the autumn.
    It’s amazing when you think about it. It’s like Corbyn and his cronies fail to have seen a single poll in the last 18 months . YouGov now barely manages to get 20% of Labour voters saying Leave was the right decision . Even in Labour Leave seats the majority voted Remain .

Labour deserve to get trounced in the EU elections , and hopefully this could have some effect on the locals . Corbyn and his lexiteteer cabal need to be removed .
    Labour are treating the public as fools claiming they are for remain and leave. Each of those positions are non negotiable hence the mess we are in

As far as your last sentence is concerned it would be a huge moment for the country and no doubt a labour government would win a GE easily. Indeed I would expect Brexit to die on the embers of Corbyn's demise
    Unfotunately G, there are fools aplenty about.
    Aren't there just Malc
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,385
    I can't decide what's more amazing about this poll.

The fact that 21% of The Brexit Party's voters appear to think it is not pro-Brexit.

Or that there appear to be people who think Labour has a position on Brexit (see new thread).
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,227
    Parmesan on a fish dish as part of a sauce - maybe. Depends what it's like. Generally, I like my fish simply cooked. This smacks of over-complication but until I've tried it I will reserve judgment.

Parmesan sprinkled on pasta with seafood (calamari etc): an absolute no-no.

Quite as revolting and a culinary faux pas as, well, you know what.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    One message for London and another for leave voters in the English Regions.
  • Options
    PhilipPhilip Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Serious question: - how would you account for the 'Anti Brexit' votes for UKIP and The Brexit Party?
This discussion has been closed.