Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why I’ve gone for 150+ lost LD deposits in this PaddyPower

2»

Comments

• Options
    F1: Raikkonen may boycott the next two races (not including Abu Dhabi):
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24776816
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    R0berts said:

Bet there's a few here who have actually been shooting and understand all these terms.

It's way way out of my social grade / circle, but it does look kind of fun. I've seen parties of them out in the country, and they just seem to get lashed from early doors and eat loads, then go to the pub and get lashed and eat loads.

I've done clay pigeons on a stag do, it was slightly scary.

Personally I prefer clay pigeons - you get most of the fun without having to stomp through the wind and the mud. And I don't really likk those big commercial shoots: they kill far too many birds to actually eat them (shooting can only be justified if you are going to consume the produce afterwards, imho).

For Londoners can I recommend the WLSS. Best that I have come across. At £80 a head for an hour it's not cheap, but doable as a special occasion.

http://www.shootingschool.co.uk/
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    Apols if already mentioned, but an interesting poll on attitudes to the NHS:

http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/cta-pub-opp.pdf

Summary on quick skim: it's wonderful (better than any other British institution including the monarchy and the armed forces), we're familiar with Stafford but it was unusual, let's increase taxes to make it even better, probably don't bother to give us more choices, I want a hospital that's convenient, never mind the quality, but clinical commissioning does sound good.

Uphill struggle for those here who want to replace or radically change it. I wouldn't go for convenience over quality myself - interesting as governments of both flavours have wanted to merge hospitals for better and/or cheaper care.
  • Options
    @NickPalmer
    Given that there is not, and has never been such as thing as 'Britain's National Health Service', the poll is based on a false premise.
  • Options

Summary on quick skim: it's wonderful (better than any other British institution including the monarchy and the armed forces), we're familiar with Stafford but it was unusual, let's increase taxes to make it even better, probably don't bother to give us more choices, I want a hospital that's convenient, never mind the quality, but clinical commissioning does sound good.

Uphill struggle for those here who want to replace or radically change it. I wouldn't go for convenience over quality myself - interesting as governments of both flavours have wanted to merge hospitals for better and/or cheaper care.

Very unfortunate that people still have little idea how poor our health service is compared to much of the rest of the developed world
  • Options
    Betting Post

This won't settle for a year but all the UK/Euro bookies have gone out too big on the Washington Nationals to win next year's World Series. Ladbrokes (& Boyles) are top at 20/1 but even 16/1 is value - I'd make them 10/1 shots (i.e. a true chance around 12/1).

They had the best regular-season record last year, went off close to favs this year and flopped somewhat - however as a mostly young team they should have learned from the experience and they remain in a weak division with only Atlanta as credible rivals there.

The only two US firms I've seen out were 9/1 & 10/1.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    GeoffM said:

taffys said:

I don't like littlejohn but you have to say the left are rubbish at finding examples of the poverty they talk so much about.
    Is Monroe the best they can do?

Freggles said:

They're too busy working long hours, undergoing mental health treatment or generally trying to survive. Not much time left for swanning around news studios

I'm glad that it was you acknowledging that people on the left need mental health treatment rather than, say, me for example saying it out loud. Thanks.

Thanks, I've been wanting new depths to be plumbed for a while

• Options

Very unfortunate that people still have little idea how poor our health service is compared to much of the rest of the developed world
    Most people don't give a damn as long as there's an NHS sign above the door, that it'll treat them when they go there and that there's a good chance that they don't come out with some infection they didn't go in with.

What that means is that the public are completely bought into the concept of a health service, free at the point of delivery and available to all but, conversely, governments are more or less free to deliver it however they want (just don't shut down the local hospital). There've been so many false claims that the latest reform 'will destroy the NHS as we know it' that they're crying wolf now and no longer have any resonance.
  • Options

Betting Post

This won't settle for a year but all the UK/Euro bookies have gone out too big on the Washington Nationals to win next year's World Series. Ladbrokes (& Boyles) are top at 20/1 but even 16/1 is value - I'd make them 10/1 shots (i.e. a true chance around 12/1).

They had the best regular-season record last year, went off close to favs this year and flopped somewhat - however as a mostly young team they should have learned from the experience and they remain in a weak division with only Atlanta as credible rivals there.

The only two US firms I've seen out were 9/1 & 10/1.

Thanks TP. I'm on.

• Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    tim said:

@labourpress: WATCH: Grant Shapps/Michael Green repeatedly unable to answer @MichaelLCrick's questions about fraud allegations http://t.co/xvyI1t2zIy

Doesn't work on Phone, is the Spiv wriggly?

Tim, You seem to spend your life insulting , smearing and criticising others for "hypocrisy",.... of course you would never misrepresent anything would you.... I mean you were never banned by OGH for misrepresenting MORI polling data... one Sunday afternoon... were you ??
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Interesting Shapps interview on C4!
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    So you got banned, I thought so, It was one Sunday pm.. You cannot resist insulting people, its what you do, its a sure sign of LMS..
  • Options
    New Thread
This discussion has been closed.