Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Rebels without a get-out clause. Why you shouldn’t expect many

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    Well done Jeremy. When keeping your mouth shut is the correct curse of action you can't stop the pompous verbal diarrhoea about lies discredited forty years ago.

I would say he's he most inept politician ever, but I'm not sure he's even the most inept party leader right now.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    Foxy said:

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1084900458219610113

It looks like even the whips are revolting...

Of all the people to wait this long to quit a whip is surely the most bizarre
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Well done Jeremy. When keeping your mouth shut is the correct curse of action you can't stop the pompous verbal diarrhoea about lies discredited forty years ago.

I would say he's he most inept politician ever, but I'm not sure he's even the most inept party leader right now.
    The most inept politician likely to become PM? Many inept ones after their become PM of course.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,617

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1084755578436624384

Is this actually liable to escalate into some kind of crisis or is it just the media hyperventilating? The idea of Salmond and Sturgeon getting into a full-scale catfight with one another seems somewhat improbable, though then again what do I know?

I've incidentally always thought it odd that there's an hour of news from 5 to 6, immediately followed by half an hour of news.
    Whatever you do, don't tune in to Sky News or the BBC News Channel!

Incidentally, I always find it odd when an infinitely long news broadcast has to cut an item short for lack of time.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

The most inept politician likely to become PM? Many inept ones after their become PM of course.
    Ahead of Sajid Javid?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Ahead of Sajid Javid?
    He won't get the chance. Corbyn might.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,671
    Corbyn, I suspect, really does want a No Deal Brexit, and the ERG are doing their utmost to deliver it for him.

Fortunately for us, they are opposed by Dominic Grieve who appears to be able to run parliamentary rings around them all.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Ahead of Sajid Javid?
    He won't get the chance. Corbyn might.
    Javid has a better chance than Corbyn.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Corbyn, I suspect, really does want a No Deal Brexit, and the ERG are doing their utmost to deliver it for him.

Fortunately for us, they are opposed by Dominic Grieve who appears to be able to run parliamentary rings around them all.
    That would only be fortunate if he had a constructive alternative to offer (and I say that as a great admirer of Grieve). At the moment, he hasn't..
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes, duplicitous as he is (if Brexit is the biggest mistake we could ever have made he should never in a million years voted to trigger it), and as fanatical as he is, he's proven an effective statesman. Or he will, if he pulls off his dream of remain, even with the ongoing issues that will have. But he also may end up doing more than anyone to cause no deal, if his parliamentary chicanery does not work other than to prevent anything getting passed.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,951

I'm still wondering if May is just going to do a Douglas Reynholm exit 30 seconds after the vote tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxVivkXUfdU

I mean, not literally, just out of the British political scene.

Let's face it, that's what Cameron did...
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    Favourite band on Betfair has come down to 200-209 supporters of the Deal which implies a majority of around 205 against.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226

I must say I find Nigel Dodds's voice very relaxing.

Funny you should say that, because so do I. It's a voice that soothes in the way that, say, 'Devious Dom' Greive's does not - and to show I'm impartial, that Boris Johnson's most certainly does not.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

Not a sentiment often expressed about Northern Irish unionists.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071
    kinabalu said:

Funny you should say that, because so do I. It's a voice that soothes in the way that, say, 'Devious Dom' Greive's does not - and to show I'm impartial, that Boris Johnson's most certainly does not.
    My vote for the worst voice in parliament at the moment goes to Vicky Ford.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    This thread is now OLD
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,649
    Barnesian said:

Favourite band on Betfair has come down to 200-209 supporters of the Deal which implies a majority of around 205 against.

326 politics has the majority of 203 against, and this little neat multiple imputation:

https://twitter.com/326Pols/status/1084854940261064710
This discussion has been closed.