Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Lewisham East: Five take aways

1235»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,980

kle4 said:

We are constantly told the south is complacent about the SNP, and to be fair writing them off would be a tremendous mistake, but it's funny how it isn't deemed to be complacency when the SNP once again act as though their grievances are universal and victory inevitable.

They might win yet. I would urge any union supporters not to take the union for granted. But the idea the complacency only ever goes one way is not supportable I think.
    And the SNP aren't complacent about the idea that, as an independent nation, they'll be allowed to continue using the pound? Dream on....
    You thick turnip, anyone that wants can use the pound. Typical thick Tory.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,980

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

malcolmg said:

Mr. Divvie, those with a political interest in stoking division between Scotland and the rest of the UK certainly seem to believe Brussels is lovelier than London. Can't imagine why...

better chips and beer for starters MD
    Definitely not better beer. The London microbreweries are running rings around the rest of the country (and the larger European beer brands as well). 10 years ago you were probably correct, today London is way, way beyond the rest of the UK wrt to beer quality.
    What a load of shite. Quality ale is brewed all over the country. Excellent beers in Yorkshire.

And I'd rather have a pint of cask from a mid-size or large brewery than an overpriced can of 'American Style IPA' from a self-styled 'Craft' brewery.
    You've still got Fuller's in London who make very, very nice ales. However, you're writing off loads of great breweries in London who don't just produce IPAs and APAs. The Hackney brewery make loads of great stuff. Got to hand it to those hipsters, they know how to make a good beer.
    I'm not writing off anyone, as long as they produce cask ale. It is the cans of 'craft' beer that I turn my nose up to.

I used to enjoy Fullers when I lived in the Smoke.
    Fullers was a great pint , certainly in the 80's when I spent lots of time in London , before it became a cesspit.
This discussion has been closed.