Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonght’s Local By-Election Preview by Harry Hayfield

13»

Comments

• Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    AndyJS said:

William Wragg selected for the Tories in Hazel Grove:

Is it just me or are parliamentary candidates getting younger and younger?
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    edited April 2013
    A few snippets from a Mail article on Thatcher and her successors. The Tories must be relieved it is a friendly newspaper.

She realised IDS's weaknesses. He had no experience in a senior post. He was not particularly intelligent. His conversation was boring. She knew he was sound — but where was the talent? As before, she hoped to stay out of the contest......

Then came David Cameron, whose whole approach was to distance himself from her and her works. He even managed to avoid the ritual of coming in to see her, which might have been embarrassing.

They had met shortly before the leadership election when at a party she was introduced to a young man in an open-neck shirt and jeans who, she was told, was about to become the next leader of the Conservative Party. She thought that she must have misheard, and asked with a smile: 'So you want to become a Conservative MP?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307704/Jeans-tie--Maggie-didnt-believe-young-man-shed-just-met-Tory-leader.html#ixzz2QCsRcAVW
  • Options
    @Neil

My former dentist looked like a sixth former. Her successor looks like a blonde version of her younger sister.
    Neil said:

AndyJS said:

• Options
    He looks very young, but then I'm old enough to be his father.
    Neil said:

AndyJS said:

• Options
    redcliffe62redcliffe62 Posts: 342
    HYUFD said:

PPP Kentucky
    Hillary Clinton (D) 45% (47%)
    •Rand Paul (R) 45% (42%)
    •Not sure 10% (11%)
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 46% (48%)
    •Marco Rubio (R) 40% (40%)
    •Not sure 14% (12%)

A breakdown of male and female voter intention would be interesting; I suspect Hillary C would be over 50% with women but would like to know for sure.

This discussion has been closed.