Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Esther McVey’s betting problem is why I’m taking the 20/1 on h

13»

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    Given that he’s not elected, Mattarella is playing with fire to effectively veto the new government. Fresh elections now almost certain?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Sandpit said:

Given that he’s not elected, Mattarella is playing with fire to effectively veto the new government. Fresh elections now almost certain?
    Inspired by the House of Lords? :D
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Inspired by the House of Lords? :D
    I wasn’t going to mention the HoL, but now that you say it...
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,287
    Nude Fred (although RCS has already stitched up first and second).
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

No, it shows that some British people have become more positive about immigration.

I was being ironic - the British are nearly, or more than twice as positive about Immigration than other European countries - 15 points ahead of lovely liberal Sweden, and more than twice as positive as Spain, Germany, Poland, France, Belgium & Italy - the latter two four times as positive.

And yet we are regaled daily about how uniquely xenophobic and anti-immigrant the British are...
    Your last sentence is a complete straw man - and the figures themselves say nothing about the degree of polarisation on the issue.

What is your evidence for polarisation? Surely starting with 40% saying immigration is positive is better than starting at 20% like our European peers?

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

No, it shows that some British people have become more positive about immigration.

I was being ironic - the British are nearly, or more than twice as positive about Immigration than other European countries - 15 points ahead of lovely liberal Sweden, and more than twice as positive as Spain, Germany, Poland, France, Belgium & Italy - the latter two four times as positive.

And yet we are regaled daily about how uniquely xenophobic and anti-immigrant the British are...
    Your last sentence is a complete straw man - and the figures themselves say nothing about the degree of polarisation on the issue.

What is your evidence for polarisation? Surely starting with 40% saying immigration is positive is better than starting at 20% like our European peers?
    To quote the data from that Channel 4 poll referenced in the Guardian referenced earlier it is positive surely that 18 per cent of British Muslims were willing to state people shouldn't be locked up in jail for being gay. Doesn't tell you about the intensity of the opinions of the other 82 per
This discussion has been closed.