Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf gives her take as EdM prepares to give his big speech

1235»

Comments

• Options

Presumably if there's a crisis in the middle east in 2016 and world energy prices rocket, that's just tough luck? Utilities go bust, I guess, in the brave new world of Milibandenomics.

And if world energy prices fall...?

If world energy prices fall, presumably the energy companies will keep the money, and save it for when prices go back up.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Tykejohnno

'One good thing about ed's speech,it surely will drive the tories who left for ukip back into the con 2015 vote.'

Ed was very complimentary at the beginning of his speech about how great it was growing up in the 1980's but couldn't quite manage to mention Margaret Thatcher.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    edited September 2013
    tessyC said:

I have no issue about how Ed delivered his speech it was fine, maybe better than fine. My issue is what he set out. Anyone who wants to limit the right to private property, effectively end investment in the energy market and then expects to appeal to a wide spectrum of the electorate is deluded. My guess this will be a true marmite speech.

I've never joined a party before but gave £25 to the Tories about a month ago as I was worried about EdM getting into power - if I hadn't been scared then, I'd have joined this afternoon after that speech.

WTF? I'm appalled.
  • Options
    Safety-Warning:

Please do not be seen in the vacinity of Wallace look-alike. Life is too short as it is.....
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Pulpstar said:

Markets have been moved by Ed Miliband's pledge to ban energy price increases for 20 months if is elected. But the changes are minute.

If a Prime Minister were to make this claim in office we'd expect a much harsher drop. So either Miliband's promise isn't seen as credible or his chances aren't that strong.

http://www.cityam.com/live-blog?utm_source=TD_liveBlog_homepageView&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=TD_liveBlog_homepageView#Market-says-Labour-won't-win-in-2015:-Energy-shares-barely-move-on-price-fix-announcement

They'll either whack the prices up in 2014, don't believe Mr Miliband will win or will challenge it in court (And think they'll win). One of the three. Probably two out of three.
    "don't believe Mr Miliband will win or will challenge it in court (And think they'll win).

That's OK . Ed would have won by then and Dan Hodges will have written his article about why is Ed being PM is bad for Ed.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    Plato said:

tessyC said:

I have no issue about how Ed delivered his speech it was fine, maybe better than fine. My issue is what he set out. Anyone who wants to limit the right to private property, effectively end investment in the energy market and then expects to appeal to a wide spectrum of the electorate is deluded. My guess this will be a true marmite speech.

I've never joined a party before but gave £25 to the Tories about a month ago as I was worried about EdM getting into power
    *tears of laughter etc.*

And if you believe that you'll believe anything.

This discussion has been closed.