Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Theresa May now level-pegging with “Don’t know” as to who woul

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    RobD said:

I think he will be ok. It genuinely does seem like his accountant messed up and this whole thing was only picked up because some academic did a deep dive, had a think, looked up the rules and then wrote to people saying I think he might not be in compliance here.

Where as Chris Davies (if true) claiming for stuff via false receipts, now that is big big trouble. The authorities can give you a pass / slap on the wrist for not understanding complex compliance rules, making up receipts is a totally different kettle of fish.

Agreed on both. Submitting made up receipts is a criminal offence. Now, his excuse is that they were for a real "thing", but that one claim of £700 was too much, and therefore he created two invoices that added up £700. If that is it, and it happened only once, he's likely to get away with it. (Admittedly, the bad stench will be forever upon him.)

But all his invoices and receipts must now be suspect. If there's anything else in there, then it's hard not to see a criminal prosecution. Forging receipts and using them to claim expenses is fraud.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    RobD said:

Except the article says it was never paid? Even the CA whistleblower says it wasn't paid.

In any case, £40k is a drop in the ocean compared to the difference between Remain and Leave spending.
    More importantly, who gives a shit?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

RobD said:

twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/985287648288870406?s=21

Except the article says it was never paid? Even the CA whistleblower says it wasn't paid.

In any case, £40k is a drop in the ocean compared to the difference between Remain and Leave spending.
    Welching on invoices is an innovative way to avoid campaign spending limits.
    The date on the invoice shows this is well before the campaign actually started.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,002
    Cyclefree said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

From the previous thread, I would like to ask a question of the Corbyn supporters on here.

Asking the UN to instigate an investigation is fine. But if Russia vetoes this - as I understand it has stated it will - what then?

Is Corbyn’s position that, if there can be no investigation because of a Russian veto, there can be no investigation and therefore no apportionment of responsibility and no action taken? Is that it? Or is he envisaging some other action and, if so, what?

There hardly is any on here .You will have to get out more and ask them.
    Nick Palmer and BJO are supporters. J Wisemann too - assuming he/she is not a bot. Foxy supports him on foreign policy, I understand. SO has rejoined Labour. There are quite a few others who have said they will vote for Corbyn: Dura Ace, for one and Sandy Rentool. I had you down as Corbynite too but apologies if that is wrong.
    I don't give a fuck what the silly old tosser says (or Seamus tells him to say) about Russia or chemical weapons. I'm just voting for him to give the tories a Brexit beasting. Unless it looks like the LDs are better placed to unseat the tory by the time the election comes around.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    That invoice is dated 2015 and refers to UKIP membership data.

Someone seems absolutely desperate to push this non-existent story, shall we take bets on what next week’s factual correction is going to be?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,649
    Dura_Ace said:

Cyclefree said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

From the previous thread, I would like to ask a question of the Corbyn supporters on here.

Asking the UN to instigate an investigation is fine. But if Russia vetoes this - as I understand it has stated it will - what then?

Is Corbyn’s position that, if there can be no investigation because of a Russian veto, there can be no investigation and therefore no apportionment of responsibility and no action taken? Is that it? Or is he envisaging some other action and, if so, what?

There hardly is any on here .You will have to get out more and ask them.
    Nick Palmer and BJO are supporters. J Wisemann too - assuming he/she is not a bot. Foxy supports him on foreign policy, I understand. SO has rejoined Labour. There are quite a few others who have said they will vote for Corbyn: Dura Ace, for one and Sandy Rentool. I had you down as Corbynite too but apologies if that is wrong.
    I don't give a fuck what the silly old tosser says (or Seamus tells him to say) about Russia or chemical weapons. I'm just voting for him to give the tories a Brexit beasting. Unless it looks like the LDs are better placed to unseat the tory by the time the election comes around.
    Could I point oit that it is mostly on domestic policy that I agree with Corbyn, though I do agree with aspects of his foreign policy. I disagree on other areas, nationalisation and Israel for example. No politician is ever a perfect fit.

On Cyclefree's question over Russia, I understand that Russia has stated that it supports independent investigation.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Sandpit said:

That invoice is dated 2015 and refers to UKIP membership data.

Someone seems absolutely desperate to push this non-existent story, shall we take bets on what next week’s factual correction is going to be?
    This is investigative journalism by splatter gun.

This discussion has been closed.