Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Reshuffling the TMay way – a cock-up over Grayling that will d

Comments

• Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Very happy with Brandon Lewis and James Cleverly. The Only Way Is Essex.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Priti Patel returns to the Cabinet as Justice Secretary.

'Lessons have been learnt'

Or not, as the case may be.
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Stop being such an apologist, Carlotta. You know that incompetence registers with voters.

Carlotta is a one-woman Tory rebuttal bot operating under orders from Central Office.
    Pots and kettles.

Guess again. Not a member of any party. Never will be.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,678
    May & Brokenshire exchange of letters:

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterH/status/950340407367434240
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,625
    Sean_F said:

Only teasing.

Or trying to provoke another CCHQ cockup ?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Stop being such an apologist, Carlotta. You know that incompetence registers with voters.

Carlotta is a one-woman Tory rebuttal bot operating under orders from Central Office.
    No - she is, perfectly respectably, a Theresa May loyalist, in much the same way that TSE has remained loyal to George Osborne through his various ups and downs.
    I've repeatedly criticised George Osborne.

One of my earliest threads for PB back in 2012 was to suggest replacing George Osborne with Ken Clarke
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,235
    Scott_P said:

Oh, Trump Tower is on fire...

Is he in it?
  • Options

Anazina said:

felix said:

My guess is that the reporting will mention the Grayling balls up but that it will not dominate anything - it happened early and was very quickly rectified. Shame, it would have been hilarious.

I have to say I'd be delighted that CG will not be party chairman.
    Yes. The Labour posters who were cock-a-hoop and the TCO acolytes decrying 'another May blunder' have gone curiously quiet.....
    I suspect most 'Labour posters'.... couldn't give a shit either way
    You evidently missed their (over) excited posts when Grayling was reportedly getting the job.....
    Evidently. Although I suspect you are exaggerating as usual.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

Anazina said:

Deep breaths everyone. There is no point getting over excited by this sort of 'story'

A breakdown in communication, yes. A major political story? No.

Indeed. The major story is the woeful lack of talent in the Tory party.
    As opposed to the utter lack of any form of talent on Corbyn's front bench
    I quite rate Emily Thornberry and Sir Keir Starmer they are comparable with their opposites on the Conservative bench.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Pots and kettles.

No doubt.
  • Options

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Just compare Carolotta with David Herdson who is a very strong Tory but can look at his party objectively. The former is tedious the latter is always a must read.
    Indeed – Herdson is a great analyst of the political scene. Very much a neutral, critical eye.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,016
    Scott_P said:

It'll be the biggest, and best, fire ever! There were no fires before I became president! Let's make fires great again!

(I hope everyone's safe in the tower, and that the fire's put out quickly.)
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Only teasing.

A massive relief. Patel is a bloodthirsty idiot.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

Scott_P said:

Is he in it?
    Is he on the top of it?
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Only teasing.

A massive relief. Patel is a bloodthirsty idiot.
    Be careful Shaun, CCHQ might be reading and get overexcited
  • Options
    stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    A nasty case of premature congratulation.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Sean_F said:

Dadge said:

Incompetence registers with voters when it adversely affects them. This won't.
    Hmm. How much did the Westminster expenses scandal adversely affect voters? Hardly at all. But it was talked about by voters for many months. (And in the medium term it helped the Tories, since most of those people who eschewed politics on account of it were not likely to be Tory voters.)
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Pots and kettles.

No doubt.
    I can't force you to believe me. It is, however, the truth. I understand that it is hard for right-wingers to grasp that not everyone on this forum is a Tory or right of that. Sorry to disrupt the cosy consensus!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    Frankly relieved that Chris Grayling has not got party Chairman. I'd like to think he wouldn't keep Transport either but we can only cope with so much good news in a day.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Anazina said:

Deep breaths everyone. There is no point getting over excited by this sort of 'story'

I quite rate Emily Thornberry and Sir Keir Starmer they are comparable with their opposites on the Conservative bench.
    https://twitter.com/politicshome/status/950347605745291265
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,016
    This reshuffle shows the problem that May has: the operation around her is ramshackle. Much of that will be her fault, but some of it lies in the operation that surrounds her. She's a hopeless manager trying to manage an organisation that contains too many hopeless people.

I can't help but think that the entirety of CCHQ (or whatever it's called nowadays) needs a big shake-up. There are leaving too many open goals - and only the fact that Labour currently has two left feet is saving them. That might change.
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    There's likely to be more interest later. Assuming that the PM had to back out of Grayling for chair at the last minute - presumably this will create holes elsewhere in the plan, so there must be some hasty re-jigging going on. So potential for plenty more to go wrong.
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Pots and kettles.

No doubt.
    I can't force you to believe me. It is, however, the truth. I understand that it is hard for right-wingers to grasp that not everyone on this forum is a Tory or right of that. Sorry to disrupt the cosy consensus!
    Then, you shouldn't throw such allegations at other posters.
  • Options
    Dadge said:

Sean_F said:

Dadge said:

Incompetence registers with voters when it adversely affects them. This won't.
    Hmm. How much did the Westminster expenses scandal adversely affect voters? Hardly at all. But it was talked about by voters for many months. (And in the medium term it helped the Tories, since most of those people who eschewed politics on account of it were not likely to be Tory voters.)
    That was dishonesty, rather than incompetence. And, the scandal broke in the middle of the worst recession since the Thirties.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Anazina said:

Thornberry should be Labour leader. She is a great communicators and regularly bests opponents on the telly. She seems to have one debit against her name – tweeting a picture of a house covered in England flags many years ago. Given that no-one in their right mind would want to live next to a house presented like that, who can blame her? She was unfairly traduced for that by the patronising voices of the right, who simultaneously referred to this white van man as a 'salt-of-the-earth' type while being entirely unwilling to live next to him themselves. Hypocrites!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Pots and kettles.

No doubt.
    Are you in charge of the site now? No. Indeed Mike agrees with me!
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205

Sean_F said:

Priti Patel returns to the Cabinet as Justice Secretary.

Fake News.
    I hope so. A woman who lies and who does not understand the concept of a conflict of interest as Justice Secretary would be an utter fucking disgrace.

Apologies for the language. But really. The rule of law is one of Britain's assets. We do not need a lying nincompoop in charge of it at this time. Or at any other time.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Frankly relieved that Chris Grayling has not got party Chairman. I'd like to think he wouldn't keep Transport either but we can only cope with so much good news in a day.

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/950348566056329217

I think OGH' haste to cobble together yet another 'Mrs May is useless' thread has got the better of him....lets see if the faulty tweet 'dominates the media narrative'.....
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Is he in it?
    He's taken that 'Fire and Fury' thing a bit far.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Is the 'cock-up' theory about Grayling just a smokescreen? Perhaps he was offered the job but flatly refused, humiliating Theresa in the process. We'll need to see whether she has the nerve to sack a big beast, or this is just vapid window dressing.

Why would he have refused? Party chairman is a promotion from transport isn't it?
    I suspect Grayling informed Theresa that he was to have either one of the great offices of state or nothing at all. We'll know later. My guess is that he'll replace Hammond, who'll be sacked. The big three of PM, Foreign Sec. and Chancellor will then all be hardcore Leavers. That will delight those whom Theresa needs the backing of to survive.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,819

GIN1138 said:

Is the 'cock-up' theory about Grayling just a smokescreen? Perhaps he was offered the job but flatly refused, humiliating Theresa in the process. We'll need to see whether she has the nerve to sack a big beast, or this is just vapid window dressing.

Why would he have refused? Party chairman is a promotion from transport isn't it?
    I suspect Grayling informed Theresa that he was to have either one of the great offices of state or nothing at all. We'll know later. My guess is that he'll replace Hammond, who'll be sacked. The big three of PM, Foreign Sec. and Chancellor will then all be hardcore Leavers. That will delight those whom Theresa needs the backing of to survive.
    Chirs Grayling as CofE?

Can I have some of what your smoking? :D
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    GIN1138 said:

Of course, the far bigger Chris Grayling story is how on earth he is in the cabinet.

Hang about he might not be for much longer... ;)
    If the announcement of the appointment was correct (i.e. it wasn't just juniors getting the wrong end of the stick), then May will be winging the rest of the reshuffle as she now needs to either find Grayling a different post (which may be Transport - though that would mean that whoever was earmarked for there is then without a role), or she has to sack him outright having previously offered him a senior job.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Mr. F, quite agree. Someone happy to throw about allegations yet unhappy to receive them would appear to be something of a hypocrite, or an astroturfer, of course.

Anyway, 'us blues' should stick together.

Ahem.

Got to go perambulate with the hound. Play nicely children.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,008
    Brandon Lewis confirmed as party chairman as originally expected
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,943
    @TheScreamingEagles - even I wouldn't have been chuffed about Grayling as Party chair.

Lewis is JUST who we need, though. Good communicator.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Anazina said:

I accept that they are reasonable but in general labour are void of talent
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112
    Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Sean_F said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

Pots and kettles.

No doubt.
    Never wise to feed trolls
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

@TheScreamingEagles - even I wouldn't have been chuffed about Grayling as Party chair.

James Cleverly is very good on social media so I reckon they'll make a formidable pair.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

TSE didn't cover himself with glory on the previous thread.....
  • Options
    Ed Vaizey fesses up to once having been trade minister for 30 minutes:
    https://twitter.com/edvaizey/status/950342722392657923
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Don't really know either of the two new appointments, any good?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

I think OGH' haste to cobble together yet another 'Mrs May is useless' thread has got the better of him....lets see if the faulty tweet 'dominates the media narrative'.....

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

Who cares? You can’t polish a turd...

JC May be a clown but the force is with him. Demographics look horrible for the Tories. No-one under 40 votes for them. The message is pretty awful too...
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Anazina said:

Dadge said:

No - she is, perfectly respectably, a Theresa May loyalist, in much the same way that TSE has remained loyal to George Osborne through his various ups and downs.
    I've repeatedly criticised George Osborne.

One of my earliest threads for PB back in 2012 was to suggest replacing George Osborne with Ken Clarke
    I believe Carlotta has, once in a while, criticised May.

I didn't say that your intellectual justifications were equally valid - just pointing out the sincerity of your respective views.
  • Options
    ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

JC May be a clown but the force is with him. Demographics look horrible for the Tories. No-one under 40 votes for them. The message is pretty awful too...
    The problem is JC isn't just a clown, but a far left ideologue that has been in the pay of extremist regimes. He's our version of Trump, but with the bigger danger that the Tories are likely to go hard right in opposition and his incompetence will ensure them three terms.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

They aren't going to be timid.

James Cleverly is very good on twitter and combatitive.

Like me, he hates Labour people who can't process that BAMEs can vote Tory.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

Given the median voter is about 55 the Tories could win even if they lost under 50s let alone under 40s if they had a big enough lead amongst over 50s.

No Tory leader has won under 30s since 1983 but the Tories won 3 majorities and most seats twice since then
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    OchEye said:

Scott_P said:

Is he in it?
    Is he on the top of it?
    FDNY were seen on the roof according to the Graun, but it was deemed to be a minor electrical fire, no evacuations reauired. It’s not even been mentioned on CBS This Morning here in Noo Yawk.
  • Options
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,943

Mortimer said:

James Cleverly is very good on social media so I reckon they'll make a formidable pair.
    +1
  • Options

MaxPB said:

They aren't going to be timid.

James Cleverly is very good on twitter and combatitive.

Like me, he hates Labour people who can't process that BAMEs can vote Tory.
    Sounds like a handy "Minister for Twatter".
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Elliot said:

murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

The problem is JC isn't just a clown, but a far left ideologue that has been in the pay of extremist regimes. He's our version of Trump, but with the bigger danger that the Tories are likely to go hard right in opposition and his incompetence will ensure them three terms.
    No Farage or Boris is Trump, Corbyn is Sanders
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112
    murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

Plenty of under 40s voted Tory in 2015.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

Anazina said:

Er! Big_G, The Tories are the Executive and Government in Westminster, it doesn't really matter what the opposition is about. The LP have the potential to be a Government in Waiting, but they are not in POWER!, they are not the ones with their hands on the levers of POWER!, Their job, in our version of democracy, is in the name, is to Oppose and show up weaknesses of legislation and in those arguments in their proposals, and in the process, improve or stop the passage of legislation.

As Boris' recent intervention, amongst others from the Tory Front bench, requesting the LP to support the Tory executive's policies rather than criticise, is beginning to show that the Tories are really feeling the pain...

Please keep trying to divert attention from the present Executive's incompetence, it is mildly amusing, if becoming slightly boring and repetitive......
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Sean_F said:

Only teasing.

Caught out Anazina though :)
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

Mortimer said:

Cleverly represents a solidly leave seat in Essex. Lewis was born in Essex - well The London borough of Havering which voted 75 per cent leave. So it's a very Essex top team who will appeal to Brexit voters.
  • Options
    midwinter said:

murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

Plenty of under 40s voted Tory in 2015.
    Though under 35s voted Labour and the Tories still won a majority
  • Options
    ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    I don't believe Sanders was ever i
    HYUFD said:

Elliot said:

murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

I don't believe Boris or Sanders were ever in the pay of democracy's enemies.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

TSE didn't cover himself with glory on the previous thread.....
    Er yeah but that's not news at all......
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    OchEye said:

Anazina said:

Er! Big_G, The Tories are the Executive and Government in Westminster, it doesn't really matter what the opposition is about. The LP have the potential to be a Government in Waiting, but they are not in POWER!, they are not the ones with their hands on the levers of POWER!, Their job, in our version of democracy, is in the name, is to Oppose and show up weaknesses of legislation and in those arguments in their proposals, and in the process, improve or stop the passage of legislation.

As Boris' recent intervention, amongst others from the Tory Front bench, requesting the LP to support the Tory executive's policies rather than criticise, is beginning to show that the Tories are really feeling the pain...

Please keep trying to divert attention from the present Executive's incompetence, it is mildly amusing, if becoming slightly boring and repetitive......
    With all due respect, Big_G is the most brainwashed, most partisan poster on here (even among the legion of crazed PB Tories). A bad word must not be said against his beloved clueless and incompetent Tories...
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited January 2018
    HYUFD said:

Given the median voter is about 55 the Tories could win even if they lost under 50s let alone under 40s if they had a big enough lead amongst over 50s.

No Tory leader has won under 30s since 1983 but the Tories won 3 majorities and most seats twice since then

The problem is the switchover age is likely to keep creeping up without something happening to change things, with the Conservatives in government and struggling that doesn't seem likely. Unless there really were masses of old Conservative voters who didn't vote last time but can be brought out this time as well as those who voted Conservative last time to counter the new voters coming in and some of the older ones dying off. They have to win voters just to maintain their current position considering demographic change, let alone make up for any they lose or Labour gain over the next few years.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,617
    So it has taken most of the day for May to make one appointment - and to make an arse of that. Well done Tezzie.
  • Options
    Returning to the cricket, am I alone in detecting a note of mordant irony in this comment ?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/jan/08/england-selectors-heat-ashes-joe-root-trevor-bayliss
    “If Bayliss was a football manager he would have been sacked by now but the division of responsibilities in cricket is inconveniently complex for those who like a quick scapegoat….”
  • Options
  • Options
    Elliot said:

I don't believe Sanders was ever i

HYUFD said:

Elliot said:

murali_s said:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

DavidL said:

Lord Ashcroft agrees:

I don't believe Boris or Sanders were ever in the pay of democracy's enemies.
    I would hope not but who knows
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    edited January 2018
    So far, so good with one result declared. Lewis was high on my must-promote list. Let's hope Anne Milton joins him in Cabinet this afternoon.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

So far, so good with one result declared. Lewis was high on my must-promote list. Let's hope Anne Milton joins him in Cabinet this afternoon.

Raab for Northern Ireland Secretary?

Do you think there's any chance she might promote Esther McVey? She's wasted in the Whips office.
  • Options
    brendan16 said:

Mortimer said:

Cleverly represents a solidly leave seat in Essex. Lewis was born in Essex - well The London borough of Havering which voted 75 per cent leave. So it's a very Essex top team who will appeal to Brexit voters.
    'The only way is Lewis?' Cleverly!
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    Matthew Moore‏ @mattkmoore

NEW: BBC staff told that anyone who has indicated support for Carrie Gracie, or tweeted an opinion about BBC pay, can no longer present any segments on BBC pay.
    12:59 PM - 8 Jan 2018
  • Options
    Nigelb said:
    My favourite political typo was Ed Miliband's 'Blackbusters' tweet when Bob Holness died.
  • Options
  • Options
    marke09 said:

NEW: BBC staff told that anyone who has indicated support for Carrie Gracie, or tweeted an opinion about BBC pay, can no longer present any segments on BBC pay.

That cannot be true surely? Just how arrogant have some of our big state corporations become.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    For those of you who got all excited about a Twitter screw-up... there are no words. It really
    doesn’t matter. At all. A sense of perspective wouldn’t go amiss.

Much easier to wait until everything’s been announced!
  • Options
    stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    Dont sweat the small stuff....
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    HYUFD said:
    Given the other predictions in that tweet, I wouldn't put too much store in it!
  • Options

Nigelb said:
    My favourite political typo was Ed Miliband's 'Blackbusters' tweet when Bob Holness died.
    We've gone from Brown levels of competence down to Ed Miliband. Sigh. I guess she stole all of his policies so it makes sense she'd end up with his incompetence as well.
  • Options
    marke09 said:

This is, in theory, because of the impartiality guidelines... but seems rather convenient nonetheless.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited January 2018
    HYUFD said:
    That tweet also has Grayling as chairman
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    I'm most interested to see what happens with Greening. If she's sacked entirely then she's very unlikely to go quietly. May doesn't need another high-profile Remainer foe on the backbenches.

I struggle to see what she's done wrong that merits sacking. Ok, she was hardly effusively pro-grammars. Fine: the country has bigger issues to worry about right now. And May reportedly doesn't like her. That's as may be, but we all have to work with people we don't like.

Replacing a safe pair of hands at Education with someone more likely to do May's bidding, in an age of desperately tight budgets, is very unlikely to generate vote-winning headlines, nor endear many parents to this government.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    marke09 said:

thats shocking...
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

JohnO said:

Do you think there's any chance she might promote Esther McVey? She's wasted in the Whips office.
    Possible but don't forget he's only been a Minister of State for 6 months (having been dumped by May in 2016).

Esther's appointment to the whips office was inexplicable (ie only Mrs May could do it), but the sooner she's back in a senior public role, the better.

A leadership contest in 2021 between Hunt and McVey is one I could feel intensely comfortable about participating as an activist/member, being happy with either as victor.
  • Options
    Kemi Badenoch new CCHQ Vice Chair for Candidates

https://mobile.twitter.com/carriesymonds/status/950355827327512576
  • Options

So it has taken most of the day for May to make one appointment - and to make an arse of that. Well done Tezzie.

Just reinforces the fact that the Tories are clueless and incompetent. Is anyone surprised?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

The problem is the switchover age is likely to keep creeping up without something happening to change things, with the Conservatives in government and struggling that doesn't seem likely. Unless there really were masses of old Conservative voters who didn't vote last time but can be brought out this time as well as those who voted Conservative last time to counter the new voters coming in and some of the older ones dying off. They have to win voters just to maintain their current position considering demographic change, let alone make up for any they lose or Labour gain over the next few years.
    The most recent polls suggest you may be getting ahead of yourself there. Of course they could be wrong and there could be a hidden groundswell for JC just waiting for a GE to unleash their votes. Or many of those who voted Labour last time expecting a big Tory win might be more careful next time. I don't know where you are based or who you generally mix with but.....
  • Options
    A very poorly composed, unprofessional looking photograph! Gaps between shoulders is a complete no-no when taking group portraits. Cleverly looks isolated, for example.

Can't these blundering halfwits get anything right?
  • Options
    felix said:

brendan16 said:

Mortimer said:

'The only way is Lewis?' Cleverly!
    A pair of complete nobodies.
  • Options

About 8 actually - Conservative Party positions:

https://twitter.com/CCHQPress

And the two major ones have generally been well received......but apart from that....
  • Options
    JohnO said:

A leadership contest in 2021 between Hunt and McVey is one I could feel intensely comfortable about participating as an activist/member, being happy with either as victor.

Absolutely.

(The fact that I'm on both of them at long odds doesn't of course influence me in any way).
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

About 8 actually - Conservative Party positions:

https://twitter.com/CCHQPress

And the two major ones have generally been well received......but apart from that....
    That does look like a fresh team - whether it can deliver is another matter
  • Options
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

Possible but don't forget he's only been a Minister of State for 6 months (having been dumped by May in 2016).

Esther's appointment to the whips office was inexplicable (ie only Mrs May could do it), but the sooner she's back in a senior public role, the better.

I really want her as Chancellor.

I think her versus John McDonnell at the next election will be pure box office and not for the faint of heart.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

Very happy with Brandon Lewis and James Cleverly. The Only Way Is Essex.

Yes, I have heard other Tories describe Lewis as an oik, but they certainly need someone with the common touch.
  • Options
    Anazina said:

A very poorly composed, unprofessional looking photograph! Gaps between shoulders is a complete no-no when taking group portraits. Cleverly looks isolated, for example.

Can't these blundering halfwits get anything right?
    I note you didn't comment on the number of ladies present or members of ethnic minorities.....but criticised the composition of the photograph.....desperate, much?
This discussion has been closed.