Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mrs May’s Italian job could see Boris quit

SystemSystem Posts: 11,722
edited September 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mrs May’s Italian job could see Boris quit

Downing Street puts Boris on "flounce-watch"https://t.co/tHZSpfJQBR

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    1st?
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    He could be looking enviously at Cams and the Oik having a chilled out and highly profitable time, and thinking Why am I still doing this?
  • Options
    Theresa May should be brave and sack Boris Johnson. If she's going to get authority back, sooner or later she's going to need to show she can assert it.
  • Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Losing Boris could stir up crisis (another), or not be a bad thing. He's inept, unfit to be Foreign Secretary. Good opportunity to promote some backbench talent (if not directly, to the ministerial office the new FS vacates).
  • Options

Theresa May should be brave and sack Boris Johnson. If she's going to get authority back, sooner or later she's going to need to show she can assert it.

She cannot sack the Brexiteers. She needs them there so that when "The Project" fails no one can point the finger at her for being a Remainer.

You need to keep the sacrificial goats handy.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,073
    edited September 2017
    The foreign secretary is angry at claims that he misled voters during the Brexit campaign

LOL.

"The foreign secretary is angry when he looks at his reflection in the mirror...."
  • Options

... Good opportunity to promote some backbench talent ...

Err... who??
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

The foreign secretary is angry at claims that he misled voters during the Brexit campaign

LOL.

Indeed. image
  • Options

Err... who??
    Anna Soubry and Johnny Mercer for starters.
  • Options
    spire2spire2 Posts: 183
    I don't see what constituency Boris Johnson has left in the tory party. He cant suddenly become a smooth politician like osborne and Rees-mogg looks to have the upper class buffoon vote tied up
  • Options
    TSE said: "The foreign secretary is angry at claims that he misled voters during the Brexit campaign about whether the UK would face an exit payment."

Is Boris going to deny that he said "....I think 'go whistle' is an entirely appropriate expression."
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013

Err... who??
    John Redwood, JRM, Philip Holloborne.
  • Options
    May's team still no closer to finding the plot.

http://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-negotiation-theresa-may-florence-speech-and-the-machine/amp/

A senior Italian official in Florence briefed on London’s plans said: “We were told that May chose Florence because it is the historical heart of Europe and which existed without the need for the European Union. It used to be a European capital centuries before the EU was created, it’s a sort of Europe without the EU.”
  • Options

http://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-negotiation-theresa-may-florence-speech-and-the-machine/amp/

A senior Italian official in Florence briefed on London’s plans said: “We were told that May chose Florence because it is the historical heart of Europe and which existed without the need for the European Union. It used to be a European capital centuries before the EU was created, it’s a sort of Europe without the EU.”

So why not give the speech in London then?

Oh, I know, she might have to interact with some voters, so that's why she's headed to Italy.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Err... who??
    John Redwood, JRM,
    :D:D
    Sean_F said:

Philip Holloborne.

:D

If that is "talent" then things are worse than I thought. Are there any people who are competent at actually doing things rather than simply being able to espouse views that are a century out of date?
  • Options
    If he flounces from government will he flounce from the Commons and take on, say, the editorship of a daily or weekly newspaper?
  • Options

Err... who??
    Those are improvements on Sean_F's suggestions.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Err... who??
    John Redwood, JRM,
    Sean_F said:

Philip Holloborne.

If that is "talent" then things are worse than I thought. Are there any people who are competent at actually doing things rather than simply being able to espouse views that are a century out of date?
    Those are the idiots who were in search of a village. Sadly, the village that they've found is the Westminster village.
  • Options

Oh, I know, she might have to interact with some voters, so that's why she's headed to Italy.
    Or months ago.. or to the European Parliament.. etc.

May does not make the tough choices - until forced to do so, and then tends to make a hash of them.
    As an inveterate procrastinator, I sympathise - but it's not a characteristic one looks for in a Prime Minister.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Another 5c on GBPUSD and we'll be back at the 2016 low pre-Brexit (1.38 in Feb iirc). A year ago forecasts had it at parity by now, and that's even before the election turmoil.
  • Options

Or she's fitting in a weekend's hike in the Dolomites? She comes up with some really good ideas on her walking trips.
  • Options
    spire2 said:

I don't see what constituency Boris Johnson has left in the tory party. He cant suddenly become a smooth politician like osborne...

Though I suppose he could become a toys out of the pram thrower...
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Or she's fitting in a weekend's hike in the Dolomites? She comes up with some really good ideas on her walking trips.
    Perhaps she's paying a visit to Tuscan Polly to get some ideas for the next Conservative manifesto if there's a snap election.
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 604
    edited September 2017

What? It was a city state at the time of Renaissance, not a capital. It is only a capital in the sense that it is the capital of Tuscany. She might as well go to Trowbridge, the county town of Wiltshire, and say Trowbridge is a European capital.
  • Options
    I do love the expression 'flounce-watch'. Perhaps we should maintain a register of PBers on flounce-watch.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,087
    Andrew said:

Another 5c on GBPUSD and we'll be back at the 2016 low pre-Brexit (1.38 in Feb iirc). A year ago forecasts had it at parity by now, and that's even before the election turmoil.

Given our exchange rate with the Euro that is as much to do with the dollar's weakness as sterling's strength...
  • Options
    eek said:

Andrew said:

Given our exchange rate with the Euro that is as much to do with the dollar's weakness as sterling's strength...
    Pound risen against the euro as well - now 1.12
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Considering the size of the trade deficit, not to mention the likely increase in the public sector deficit next year and the slowing economy with the effect of Brexit uncertainties on investment and foreign capital inflows the strength of sterling is remarkable, and hard to understand. The fundamentals all point in the opposite direction.

More than $1.30 to the £ seems to me a great opportunity to move cash out of sterling but DYOR.

• Options

Err... who??
    Soubry shouldn't even be in the Tory party. She is a Liberal Democrat to her core. And that is not meant as a compliment.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044
    spire2 said:

I don't see what constituency Boris Johnson has left in the tory party. He cant suddenly become a smooth politician like osborne and Rees-mogg looks to have the upper class buffoon vote tied up

And yet he continues to lead member's polling. I know I don't get it either...
  • Options

Considering the size of the trade deficit, not to mention the likely increase in the public sector deficit next year and the slowing economy with the effect of Brexit uncertainties on investment and foreign capital inflows the strength of sterling is remarkable, and hard to understand. The fundamentals all point in the opposite direction.

More than $1.30 to the £ seems to me a great opportunity to move cash out of sterling but DYOR.

I agree, although forecasting short-term currency movements is a mug's game.
  • Options

TSE said: "The foreign secretary is angry at claims that he misled voters during the Brexit campaign about whether the UK would face an exit payment."

Is Boris going to deny that he said "....I think 'go whistle' is an entirely appropriate expression."

You miss the point. He and many others genuinely believe we should not be paying anything as part of the divorce process and if they were in charge they believe that is the line they would be following.

Now you may not agree that that is the case (that we should not pay anything) but to say he has misled when he is not the person about to surrender on the issue and thinks we should not do so is a rather unique way of thinking.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    eek said:

Andrew said:

The US$ has indeed been the wekest currecy. But look at the charts - there signs that GBP is forming a bottom against all of the other FX majors.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Much more on the RPI and the BoE might put up base rate. I don't know which frightens those people more: parity with the US dollar for the first time ever or the first increase in interest rates for 9 years.
  • Options

Err... who??
    Soubry shouldn't even be in the Tory party. She is a Liberal Democrat to her core. And that is not meant as a compliment.
    From someone who claims to have no interest in party politics, that's an interesting comment.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited September 2017

eek said:

Andrew said:

We must not take our eye off the ball. It is the USD which is sinking - and has been for sometime.

From about €1 = $1.03 in Jan'17 to $1.19 now. Was there a change in tenants in the White House ?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Err... who??
    From someone who claims to have no interest in party politics, that's an interesting comment.
    I have a lot of interest in it as an observer. I just don't like it nor want to take an active part in it as I think it is a cancer on our system of government.

But that doesn't stop me having a view as to who is suited to which party.
  • Options

Andrew said:

Much more on the RPI and the BoE might put up base rate. I don't know which frightens those people more: parity with the US dollar for the first time ever or the first increase in interest rates for 9 years.
    I think a base rate rise before Brexit is very very unlikely.

A sterling crisis before Brexit is, on the other hand, quite likely. Early next year, when it become clear that the UK won't get a besopke transition deal, is my guess, though if talks break down it could be sooner.
  • Options
    spire2spire2 Posts: 183
    It seems that most months minutes from BOE meetings suggest there will be an interest rate rise soon. The £ exchange rate goes up. But the interest rate rise doesn't happen, despite this the same happens the next month
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,919

I have a lot of interest in it as an observer. I just don't like it nor want to take an active part in it as I think it is a cancer on our system of government.

Forgive me but that's a fascinating comment.

If I wanted to stand as an independent non-party candidate in my Ward here in Newham, I'd have to reach around 10,000 voters. Unless you can get help that's an impossible task but even if I got elected by some miracle, I would be the opposition to 59 Labour Councillors and would achieve the sum total of sod all.

So if you want to get something done or for pure personal self-aggrandisement, you have to join the Labour Party because they are the beginning and end of power here just as the Conservative Party is in Bromley for example.

This isn't some Athenian idyll - democracy requires slog, commitment, money and help. Taking some high-minded view and treating it with disdain is all very well and good but gets you precisely nowhere.

I agree party politics isn't without its flaws but short of personal dictatorship (and everyone thinks they would be the answer though to what is never explained), I don't see an alternative to the process as currently constituted.
  • Options
    spire2 said:

It seems that most months minutes from BOE meetings suggest there will be an interest rate rise soon. The £ exchange rate goes up. But the interest rate rise doesn't happen, despite this the same happens the next month

An imminent interest rate rise has been widely predicted since about 2010.
  • Options

Surely the more heterogeneous the parties become, the closer we would get to your ideal?
  • Options

spire2 said:

And if and when one comes it is unlikely to be more than a quarter of one percent. Mind you I suppose it is the direction of travel that is important
  • Options
    I see that James Chapman has unleashed himself on Twitter again.
  • Options

It looks like he was appearing on a platform with Dominic Grieve.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,453
    edited September 2017
    619 said:
    The Withdrawal Bill and the select committee voting where both by a Parliamentary vote that the Government won. Some people need to get over it - labour did not win the election
  • Options
    Always knew Faisal Islam was Scott P. This from Guido

Faisal tweets a huge amount about Brexit, far more than Peston or Robbo. The vast majority of his tweets are split between having either a negative sentiment or a neutral sentiment. Only 6% have a positive sentiment. He has sent a massive 683 negative tweets about Brexit since the referendum, which is unrivalled among his broadcast peers.

Guido’s statistical analysis of Faisal, Peston and Robbo has found that three of the highest profile broadcasters covering Brexit tweet with overwhelming negativity. They promote opponents of Brexit far more than proponents, they report negative stories far more than positive ones, and they occasionally let their own pro-Remain opinions slip through as well. The BBC, ITV and Sky are supposed to be impartial – the evidence shows their Brexit journalists are anything but…
  • Options
    Can I just point out again that "He who wields the knife never wears the crown" is one of those memes that refuses to die no matter how many times it's been proven untrue and it's, as such, a very poor guide to leadership changes.

Most obviously, Thatcher wielded the knife against Heath and won but Eden and Macmillan for the Tories, Brown for Labour, and Campbell for the Lib Dems have all been complicit in the downfall of their predecessor and all came out with the leadership. Heseltine himself would almost certainly have won had Thatcher chosen to fight on, going by nearly all contemporary reports.

However, Boris won't win the crown not because of any knife wielding but because he's not the man for the top job, particularly at a time like this.
  • Options
    Also Guido on Parliament debate today:

During the debate on abuse of MPs, Bob Stewart has told the Commons of a disturbing story involving a teacher and his young son:

“During the last general election, a teacher tells the class of my 13 year-old boy that nobody should talk to him because he’s the son of a Conservative MP.”

You’d think it unbelievable, but then teachers had primary school kids put hammer and sickle posters in the windows on election day, so it’s hardly beyond the realms of fantasy
  • Options

Can I just point out again that "He who wields the knife never wears the crown" is one of those memes that refuses to die no matter how many times it's been proven untrue and it's, as such, a very poor guide to leadership changes.

Most obviously, Thatcher wielded the knife against Heath and won but Eden and Macmillan for the Tories, Brown for Labour, and Campbell for the Lib Dems have all been complicit in the downfall of their predecessor and all came out with the leadership. Heseltine himself would almost certainly have won had Thatcher chosen to fight on, going by nearly all contemporary reports.

However, Boris won't win the crown not because of any knife wielding but because he's not the man for the top job, particularly at a time like this.

He has been a huge disappointment
  • Options

Faisal tweets a huge amount about Brexit, far more than Peston or Robbo. The vast majority of his tweets are split between having either a negative sentiment or a neutral sentiment. Only 6% have a positive sentiment. He has sent a massive 683 negative tweets about Brexit since the referendum, which is unrivalled among his broadcast peers.

Guido’s statistical analysis

An obviously impartial source.

This kind of thing - from whichever side it comes - is chilling. Politicians should not be in the business of trying to silence or intimidate journalists.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

eek said:

Andrew said:

We must not take our eye off the ball. It is the USD which is sinking - and has been for sometime.

From about €1 = $1.03 in Jan'17 to $1.19 now. Was there a change in tenants in the White House ?
    Which implies that Brexit is not the be all and end all of the world. It's a wee bit more complex than that.

Or is it
    'Pound weakens= ITS ALL ABOUT BREXIT'
    'Pound strengthens= ITS ALL ABOUT TRUMP'

In a heads I win, Tails you lose kinda way.
  • Options

spire2 said:

And if and when one comes it is unlikely to be more than a quarter of one percent. Mind you I suppose it is the direction of travel that is important
    When one comes, it is unlikely to come alone. There's practically no point increasing from 0.25 to 0.5 and then just leaving it there. Indeed, that would probably be worse than doing nothing as it'd signal chronic half-heartedness of gross indecision.
  • Options
    @david_herdson: Did you know that you made it into City AM today?
  • Options

During the debate on abuse of MPs, Bob Stewart has told the Commons of a disturbing story involving a teacher and his young son:

“During the last general election, a teacher tells the class of my 13 year-old boy that nobody should talk to him because he’s the son of a Conservative MP.”

You’d think it unbelievable, but then teachers had primary school kids put hammer and sickle posters in the windows on election day, so it’s hardly beyond the realms of fantasy

That should be a disciplinary matter for the teacher concerned.

I'd have raised it with the Head, Governors, local press and national press (in that order) until I got a result, taking legal advice all the way.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

spire2 said:

True however the base rate seems to have no correlation to the SVR mortgage rate nowadays , which is currently approx 4.5% and the base rate is 0.25% .A lot of people are unable to change due to circumstances and are getting shafted once again and even more when the rate moves up.Never mind just about managing it is more like , always getting done over.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,087

I'd have raised it with the Head, Governors, local press and national press (in that order) until I got a result, taking legal advice all the way.
    Whose to say that he didn't do the first 2 steps and the Governors removed said teacher...

The story is still valid even if the problem has been removed...
  • Options

No. For what reason?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044
    Congratulations to Essex. County Champions (barring an unlikely Lancs win).
  • Options

Guido’s statistical analysis of Faisal, Peston and Robbo has found that three of the highest profile broadcasters covering Brexit tweet with overwhelming negativity. They promote opponents of Brexit far more than proponents, they report negative stories far more than positive ones, and they occasionally let their own pro-Remain opinions slip through as well. The BBC, ITV and Sky are supposed to be impartial – the evidence shows their Brexit journalists are anything but…

He's a twat.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013

How is his new political party coming along?
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784

This kind of thing - from whichever side it comes - is chilling. Politicians should not be in the business of trying to silence or intimidate journalists.
    Breixrt supporters trying to stamp down on news as to whether they feel it's 'Patriotic' enough.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

He's a twat.

Big G? Or Guido?
  • Options

No. For what reason?
    Their 'Best of Twitter' selection quoted a humorous tweet of yours about Michael Fabricant... although I think you might have deleted it?
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784

619 said:
    The Withdrawal Bill and the select committee voting where both by a Parliamentary vote that the Government won. Some people need to get over it - labour did not win the election
    You'd be ok if Labour did the same then if they won?
  • Options
    619 said:

Breixrt supporters trying to stamp down on news as to whether they feel it's 'Patriotic' enough.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of the Brexiteer.
  • Options

In this day and age, when people can apparently self-select from a ever-increasing array of genders and identities, pigeon-holing which political party someone is "suited to" seems oddly old-fashioned
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Err... who??
    John Redwood, JRM,
    Sean_F said:

Philip Holloborne.

Those are the idiots who were in search of a village. Sadly, the village that they've found is the Westminster village.
    :+1:
  • Options

Broadcast journalists have a duty to be impartial and this anaylsis shows bias for remain
  • Options

619 said:

Patriotism is the last refuge of the Brexiteer.
    Brexiteer = Scoundrel?

It works for me :)
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138

That must have been a prep school, mustn`t it? Very strange...
  • Options

@PolhomeEditor: Refusing to have votes on Labour motions because they'd lose also gives the lie to No10 claim they have "working majority on floor of House"
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,453
    edited September 2017

Raised in Parliament today - would be interesting to see Corbyn defend his followers
  • Options
    619 said:

No - it is a genuine complaint about broadcast impartiality
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

He's a twat.

Big G? Or Guido?
    No - Faisal Islam
  • Options
    619 said:

619 said:
    You'd be ok if Labour did the same then if they won?
    If they won the vote in the HOC of course. It is called democracy
  • Options

No - it is a genuine complaint about broadcast impartiality

Sterling has declined since the vote.

If all 3 networks report that, how do they do it "positively for Brexit" and impartially?
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, have you fallen through a crack in the space-time continuum to say that? "Hannibal Osborne", even given you're referring to a different Hannibal, is about as counter-intuitive a thing as you could say.
  • Options

Broadcast journalists have a duty to be impartial and this anaylsis shows bias for remain
    Most of Faisal Islam's Brexit tweets draw attention to difficulties in the Brexit process entirely scrupulously. Guido has apparently reached the point where any observation of practical problems that need to be solved is unpatriotic.

Given the choice between Guido Fawkes's journalistic methods and Faisal Islam's, I'll cheerfully stick with the latter.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

That must have been a prep school, mustn`t it? Very strange...
    At 13
  • Options
    I see that I was right about how meaningless the polling figures on the exit payment are:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/908281268755992576

(Hat-tip David H for pointing to this)
  • Options
    stodge said:

Forgive me but that's a fascinating comment.

If I wanted to stand as an independent non-party candidate in my Ward here in Newham, I'd have to reach around 10,000 voters. Unless you can get help that's an impossible task but even if I got elected by some miracle, I would be the opposition to 59 Labour Councillors and would achieve the sum total of sod all.

So if you want to get something done or for pure personal self-aggrandisement, you have to join the Labour Party because they are the beginning and end of power here just as the Conservative Party is in Bromley for example.

This isn't some Athenian idyll - democracy requires slog, commitment, money and help. Taking some high-minded view and treating it with disdain is all very well and good but gets you precisely nowhere.

I agree party politics isn't without its flaws but short of personal dictatorship (and everyone thinks they would be the answer though to what is never explained), I don't see an alternative to the process as currently constituted.
    That is why the whole system needs root and branch reform. Now when most people talk about that they mean moving to PR but that, in most cases, only increases the power of the parties. What we need is to massively reduce their influence. So we should stop the infiltration of party assignment into Parish and town councils - something that was very much frowned upon until a few decades ago. And at all higher levels we should ban the use of whipping and make all votes free votes. People can still support a party but the party should not be allowed to either bribe or threaten MPs or councillors.

I know this is my stuck record but I do feel it is worth repeating. Party politics is a corruption of our system of governance and whilst you will never be rid of it entirely it certainly needs to be beaten down severely.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138

Raised in Parliament today - would be interesting to see Corbyn defend his followers
    But if it was a prep school, the teacher was much more likely to be a UKIP supporter.... Perhaps they should turn to Mr Farage for his comments....
  • Options

Most of Faisal Islam's Brexit tweets draw attention to difficulties in the Brexit process entirely scrupulously. Guido has apparently reached the point where any observation of practical problems that need to be solved is unpatriotic.

Given the choice between Guido Fawkes's journalistic methods and Faisal Islam's, I'll cheerfully stick with the latter.
    Amazing how those who want to remain defend remain bias in broadcast journalists
  • Options

Surely the more heterogeneous the parties become, the closer we would get to your ideal?
    Not as long as it remains a numbers game with people voting for party gain rather than for the good of the electorate.

• Options
    edited September 2017

I see that I was right about how meaningless the polling figures on the exit payment are:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/908281268755992576

(Hat-tip David H for pointing to this)

Here is the quick version to save wasting time in surveys

Q: How big a Brexit bill do you want to pay?
    A: The smallest amount possible

IOW - normal human behaviour.
  • Options
    "much more likely"

• Options

No. For what reason?
    Their 'Best of Twitter' selection quoted a humorous tweet of yours about Michael Fabricant... although I think you might have deleted it?
    No - it's still there.

https://twitter.com/DavidHerdson/status/907944811080101894
  • Options

619 said:
    I cannot agree with that. Just because they were able to force bribe or threaten their MPs into supporting the position does not make it right. Fundamentally they have voted to give away power to the executive. Something they should not be forced to do.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

But if it was a prep school, the teacher was much more likely to be a UKIP supporter.... Perhaps they should turn to Mr Farage for his comments....
    I find it hard to believe this was anything other than a labour supporter and why at 13 would it be a prep school
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Err... who??
    I have a lot of interest in it as an observer. I just don't like it nor want to take an active part in it as I think it is a cancer on our system of government...
    It's a view, I suppose, but it does seem absurdly idealistic to expect democratic politics to exist at the national level without parties for any length of time.

• Options

Here is the quick version to save wasting time in surveys

Q: How big a Brexit bill do you want to pay?
    A: The smallest amount possible

IOW - normal human behaviour.

A small but significant minority seem to want to pay the largest amount possible.
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, have you fallen through a crack in the space-time continuum to say that? "Hannibal Osborne", even given you're referring to a different Hannibal, is about as counter-intuitive a thing as you could say.

The most famous Hannibals in human history are in descending order

1) Hannibal Lecter

2) Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith

3) Hannibal Hamlin

4) Hannibal Barca

The article and I refer to number 1)
  • Options

Amazing how those who want to remain defend remain bias in broadcast journalists
    This is not bias, this is intelligent questioning of the process that is being embarked upon. It is not biased to draw attention to the many problems that Brexit throws up.

Far more troubling are the journalists like Andrew Neil who see it as their job to tubthump for Brexit and seek to silence anyone raising important but awkward questions.
  • Options

Not as long as it remains a numbers game with people voting for party gain rather than for the good of the electorate.

In your ideal world of 650 independent MPs, would you try to ban any attempt to form alliances? Treat MPs forming, say, a whatsapp group as guilty of collusion and excluded from votes?
  • Options

Amazing how Brexiteers don't acknowledge objective truth is not biased against them...
This discussion has been closed.