Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Only 11% of the country are prepared for the Zombie apocalypse

SystemSystem Posts: 11,721
edited September 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Only 11% of the country are prepared for the Zombie apocalypse

Only 11% of us have made plans for the Zombie apocalypse @YouGov finds. https://t.co/Ppv9qUU1fh pic.twitter.com/2jY8FNOFJD

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    How much warning would we have?

I have some fine wines which I wouldn't want the zombies to get to first.
  • Options
    I'm ready for the Trafalgars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6Hg_XFdTs
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    Jonathan Rees-Evans is prepared for the zombie apocalypse. He has a fortified compound in Bulgaria.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,844
    edited September 2017
    The Welsh (5%) are least prepared while the Scots (17%) are best......sadly we don't have a party political or Remain/Leave breakdown...but given the young are best prepared (23%) and old least (3%) we may draw our own inferences.....
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

How much warning would we have?

I have some fine wines which I wouldn't want the zombies to get to first.

Maybe getting them drunk is the solution.
  • Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

One in nine, surely?

Get to the Royal Armouries. Zombie can't bite through chainmail.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Why do we need a zombie plan?

We and our friends are the zombies.
  • Options
    Mr. H, won't be any of those foreign zombies any more. British zombies for British brains!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,026
    edited September 2017
    Thinking about houses, I might shortly (Ha ha) own either a larger property, two properties or potentially zero properties in the near future; each of which will mean I'll have a different desire for property falls or rises.

I think a correction may well arrive in tandem with Brexit (Probably when I need it least) though. Or I will be renting perhaps, and prices will soar as interest rates head negative or something.
    I'm sure whichever of those is worst for me will probably occur.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    The zombie in the picture could do with a visit to the dentist.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,078
    Pulpstar said:

Thinking about houses, I might shortly (Ha ha) own either a larger property, two properties or potentially zero properties in the near future; each of which will mean I'll have a different desire for property falls or rises.

I think a correction may well arrive in tandem with Brexit (Probably when I need it least) though. Or I will be renting perhaps, and prices will soar as interest rates head negative or something.
    I'm sure whichever of those is worst for me will probably occur.

Brexit will be the "cause" / get the blame for a lot of things...
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    My answers will be different depending on:

the zombies are British

the zombies are from the EU

the zombies are from outside the EU.
  • Options
    The country is woefully ill prepared. If only they would see sense and appoint me as Minister for Zombie Apocalypse Planning.
  • Options
    Anybody who has watched every series of The Walking Dead will have at least thought about what they would do when the Z bomb drops.
    My hardest task is surely having to travel around getting the lads from university or whatever girl's house they find themselves at.
    After that it's fairly straightforward. Steal our neighbour's crewcab Defender, head over to granddad's house and his cache of shotguns and air rifles, get on his boat then anchor in the middle of Trent Lock while we figure out our next step. Easy.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

The zombie in the picture could do with a visit to the dentist.

Looks a teensy bit like Seumas Milne.
  • Options
    Mr. Surbiton, you say that, but I think we both know that the UK Zombie Agency will prove inept at screening out illegal zombies, which will only foster anti-zombie sentiment as well as frustrating zombies who came here through legal channels and simply want to feast upon juicy British brains in peace.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

the zombies are British

Hard Zombie Apocalypse or Soft Zombie Apocalypse?
  • Options
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    I think my answer would depend if I was one of said zombies in this scenario.

Not seeing options for "stumble around, arms extended" etc.
  • Options
    Mr. Stopper, also that The Walking Dead's most recent series haven't been free-to-air. Maggie was rather splendid.

Mr. Andrew, I once had burst fibres in my arms which meant I couldn't bend them. My parents were astounded I'd managed to pretty much dress myself (I was about 10 and certainly didn't want to be dressed by someone else at that age). Naturally, this happened on Saturday and was fine by the time school came around.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Are the zombies being controlled by White Walkers, and do we have any Dragonglass?
  • Options
    Also, we need to know what sort of zombies they are? Are they the ridiculous fast zombies of World War Z, or the classic, genuinely factually correct, true to life, shuffling moaners of The Walking Dead?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

the zombies are British

Zombies cannot be British.

• Options

surbiton said:

the zombies are British

They can: Lloyds, RBS...
  • Options
    Mr. P, none there but can I ask those who are remotely up to date not to spoil Game of Thrones at all? Still only seen up to the end of series 4 (plan on getting a series or two on DVD around Christmas).
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    edited September 2017
    I suppose I will have to be the first to be really boring and make a serious point on this.

At home we use the zombie apocalypse meme as a jokey cover for a more serious issue. Would we be able to survive if there was something like a Carrington event or some other disaster that caused a temporary breakdown in civil society and the supply chain. In my house we have indeed taken some steps to be prepared for this. We certainly couldn't survive any of the more apocalyptic scenarios like a nuclear attack or some big rock from space nor even probably a nasty virus as we are not set up for long term. Nor am I sure we would want to.

But we are in a position where we have made sure we have enough food, water, medical supplies etc to last a few weeks or a month. Large scale civil disorder would be more problematic as we have no guns in the house - although I do shoot we made a decision not to have guns in the house whilst our children were of an age where accidents or idiocy could cause something tragic. But otherwise the cost of stocking up and being able to survive a few weeks of no essential services or supplies seemed so slight that it was daft not to do it.
  • Options
    The problem with this polling is that we don't have any data to compare it with. Only 11% having contingency plans in place for a zombie apocalypse sounds as though we are woefully unprepared, but how many people have contingency plans in place for a Corbyn apocalypse?
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The problem with this polling is that we don't have any data to compare it with. Only 11% having contingency plans in place for a zombie apocalypse sounds as though we are woefully unprepared, but how many people have contingency plans in place for a Corbyn apocalypse?

I think I covered that with a Carrington type event or a complete breakdown of civil society and the supply chain. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    By the way slightly OT but on the subject of Carrington events there was a solar flare that hit us on Wednesday - an X9.3 which is the strongest for a decade. It took everyone by surprise as the sun has been pretty quiet lately. It hit in the mid Atlantic so avoided heavily inhabited areas but it did cause a lot of disruption to radio signals.

The main reason for mentioning this is because the Coronal Mass Ejection that was associated with the event should be hitting us around now and lasting to tomorrow night so there is a good chance of some spectacular Northern Lights if you have clear skies tonight.
  • Options

I suppose I will have to be the first to be really boring and make a serious point on this.

At home we use the zombie apocalypse meme as a jokey cover for a more serious issue. Would we be able to survive if there was something like a Carrington event or some other disaster that caused a temporary breakdown in civil society and the supply chain. In my house we have indeed taken some steps to be prepared for this. We certainly couldn't survive any of the more apocalyptic scenarios like a nuclear attack or some big rock from space nor even probably a nasty virus as we are not set up for long term. Nor am I sure we would want to.

But we are in a position where we have made sure we have enough food, water, medical supplies etc to last a few weeks or a month. Large scale civil disorder would be more problematic as we have no guns in the house - although I do shoot we made a decision not to have guns in the house whilst our children were of an age where accidents or idiocy could cause something tragic. But otherwise the cost of stocking up and being able to survive a few weeks of no essential services or supplies seemed so slight that it was daft not to do it.

I didn't want to admit that I've done the same! We have a cupboard that has basic non perishables, tins of food, first aid, batteries, candles, matches, gas powered stove and gas bottles, water purification and a few other items.
    I did a lot of Urban Search and Rescue/Disaster relief stuff during my early career. Never went on deployment (did do a very nice December EU exercise in Venice a few years ago, though!), but it did make me appreciate that it is a wise move to have a week or so's basic life support in case of bad weather or other minor disaster.
  • Options

They're synonymous surely.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,211
    @Richard_Tyndall:

Wouldn't a shotgun and a few hundred shells offer you a better chance of survival?
  • Options

I didn't want to admit that I've done the same! We have a cupboard that has basic non perishables, tins of food, first aid, batteries, candles, matches, gas powered stove and gas bottles, water purification and a few other items.
    I did a lot of Urban Search and Rescue/Disaster relief stuff during my early career. Never went on deployment (did do a very nice December EU exercise in Venice a few years ago, though!), but it did make me appreciate that it is a wise move to have a week or so's basic life support in case of bad weather or other minor disaster.
    We've also done a lot preparation as well.

My father did some disaster planning in his job in the NHS, my friend worked out in California and Florida for earthquake preparedness, it all sank in.

We've got enough meds for 3 months, enough food and perishables for a few months, a wind up radio, a portable stove, lots of matches in an airtight, waterpoof bag, among other things.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

@Richard_Tyndall:

Wouldn't a shotgun and a few hundred shells offer you a better chance of survival?

No, guns offer some protection from other living humans, but practically none against a horde of undead.
  • Options
    Mr. Tyndall, thanks for that Northern Lights tip. I'll give it a look (never seen them).
  • Options

My father did some disaster planning in his job in the NHS, my friend worked out in California and Florida for earthquake preparedness, it all sank in.

We've got enough meds for 3 months, enough food and perishables for a few months, a wind up radio, a portable stove, lots of matches in an airtight, waterpoof bag, among other things.

I do hope you've waterproofed the matches.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,497
    Please tell me this is not another Brexit thread.
  • Options
    On topic. Put on Sean of the Dead. Call it a training video.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    TSE probably has polling that proves Leavers believe in a Zombie apocalypse, and that The Walking Dead is a documentary.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,211

rcs1000 said:

@Richard_Tyndall:

No, guns offer some protection from other living humans, but practically none against a horde of undead.
    If you've got the guns and ammo, you can get food and drink off your neighbours.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    TSE probably has polling that proves Leavers believe in a Zombie apocalypse, and that The Walking Dead is a documentary.
    As was alluded to at the start of Sean of the Dead, I do sometimes look at the crowds in the street shuffling along glued to their phones and wonder if we would even notice if zombies turned up... apart from the eating brains bit of course.

• Options

I got a box of 12 bottles of wine delivered yesterday. Should keep me going for a couple of weeks. Is that enough?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,059
    Sean_F said:

Jonathan Rees-Evans is prepared for the zombie apocalypse. He has a fortified compound in Bulgaria.

Yes, but is he prepared for the gay horsemen of the apocalypse... ?
  • Options

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    That's exactly what I feared.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    I deliberately chose not to make any Brexit = The Zombie Apocalypse analogies.
  • Options
    F1: suggestion on Twitter McLaren might develop their own engine for the 2021 regulations.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,919
    Afternoon all :)

A jolly thread for a Friday afternoon. I know some Councils have been asked about their plans for a zombie apocalypse via Freedom of Information. One Council was asked what it would do if Santa's sleigh crash-landed in their area.

I'm conscious how much I depend on electricity and its availability. Ignoring pandemics, zombies and nuclear war, my main worry would be a substantial electricity blackout lasting not just minutes but days. A midwinter failure of supply lasting a week was documented on C4 but just thinking about how reliant I am on that power forced me to do some stocking up as well but am I prepared ? Not really.

The thought of sitting for days in the dark and increasing cold nursing the last of the candles and the torches and the tinned food while Theresa May and Michael Fallon assure me everything is all right and I can hear the looters up East Ham High Street having another evening's "fun" - not pleasant.

The Sun is now shining so perhaps all is not yet lost even for the cricket.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

@Richard_Tyndall:

If you've got the guns and ammo, you can get food and drink off your neighbours.
    I am not sure the US is proving a good influence on you.

Talking of Zombies has anyone checked out the Windies Keeper recently?
  • Options
    Joking apart, it looks truly apocalyptic in the Caribbean. Stocks of bottled water and matches wouldn't help much in those conditions.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    Your restraint is gratefully noted.

I wish Broady was showing similar restraint.
  • Options

Joking apart, it looks truly apocalyptic in the Caribbean. Stocks of bottled water and matches wouldn't help much in those conditions.

There was a good description from a local yesterday. "Once a storm gets up above category 4 it doesn't really matter what you do, it matters where you are."
  • Options
  • Options
    stodge said:

A jolly thread for a Friday afternoon. I know some Councils have been asked about their plans for a zombie apocalypse via Freedom of Information. One Council was asked what it would do if Santa's sleigh crash-landed in their area.

I'm conscious how much I depend on electricity and its availability. Ignoring pandemics, zombies and nuclear war, my main worry would be a substantial electricity blackout lasting not just minutes but days. A midwinter failure of supply lasting a week was documented on C4 but just thinking about how reliant I am on that power forced me to do some stocking up as well but am I prepared ? Not really.

The thought of sitting for days in the dark and increasing cold nursing the last of the candles and the torches and the tinned food while Theresa May and Michael Fallon assure me everything is all right and I can hear the looters up East Ham High Street having another evening's "fun" - not pleasant.

I think it was 1991 when we had a serious power outage for a few days, due to heavy snow bringing cables down. It was mildly uncomfortable.

I suppose if you were sitting for days in the dark and increasing cold nursing the last of the candles and the torches and the tinned food while Vince Cable and (insert random Lib Dem) assure you everything is all right and you can hear the looters up East Ham High Street having another evening's "fun" -

would be a barrel of laughs, I guess?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,688
    edited September 2017
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.

I made a conscious decision that during this stint as editor of PB I would try and do as few threads on Brexit and Mrs May being crap as possible.

Plus I've always wanted to a thread on the Zombie apocalypse.
  • Options

I think it was 1991 when we had a serious power outage for a few days, due to heavy snow bringing cables down. It was mildly uncomfortable.

I suppose if you were sitting for days in the dark and increasing cold nursing the last of the candles and the torches and the tinned food while Vince Cable and (insert random Lib Dem) assure you everything is all right and you can hear the looters up East Ham High Street having another evening's "fun" -

would be a barrel of laughs, I guess?

Such things would be inconceivable were such a utopia to ever come about.

Electricity would be free, plentiful and green - Vince himself would reveal the secret of everlasting free energy and all will sing, dance and be happy in the glorious new age.

The Evil Witch Theresa and the Hobgoblin Jeremy along with their followers would be banished to the land of eternal unpleasantness (Kent probably or maybe Essex) and the rest of us would frolic (tax deductable but irrelevant as all taxes would be abolished) for ever or until we got tired and needed to sit down.

• Options
    Can't help feeling that this test match is really in the balance now. A lead of 40 odd with England batting last....Really could go either way.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Could we see Anderson score more runs than Root?

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.

I made a conscious decision that during this stint as editor of PB I would try and do as few threads on Brexit and Mrs May being crap as possible.

• Options
    On shortages and the like, there were severe floods in Yorkshire in 2007, as well as the two very bad winters the whole country had recently. They'd seem to point to the most realistic way shortages might occur here.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,380
    edited September 2017

surbiton said:

the zombies are British

They can: Lloyds, RBS...
    'The' Rangers..

None more British.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.
    When I glanced at the headline, I thought this was some reference to May's government from Osborne's paper.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.

Yep. :)
  • Options

MTimT said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.

Surely Ben Stokes is the target?
  • Options

MTimT said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Zombie=Brexiteer.

How about Anderson to score more runs than Cook and Root combined?
  • Options
    PolitcalBetting has been hacked by Zombie Apocalypse and Cricket fans.
  • Options

PolitcalBetting has been hacked by Zombie Apocalypse and Cricket fans.

Well, after the wild, adrenaline-pumping terror of participating in a struggle for our very survival, we can then sit back and relax with a cup of tea, watching the Zombie Apocalypse...
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    things seem to be hotting up between Germny and Poland

Poles demanding billions in war reparations, German saying nothing to do with us

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/polens-kriegsreparationen-forderung-bundesregierung-erteilt-absage-15189315.html
  • Options

Poles demanding billions in war reparations, German saying nothing to do with us

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/polens-kriegsreparationen-forderung-bundesregierung-erteilt-absage-15189315.html

Seems fair enough. They're no doubt inspired by the EU's demands on the UK.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Can't help feeling that this test match is really in the balance now. A lead of 40 odd with England batting last....Really could go either way.

How about 70?
  • Options

"We didn't start it!"
  • Options

DavidL said:

How about 70?
    Liked this tweet on the Beeb site:

Oval Pigeon: Broad throws it away, leaving Jimmy a tantalizing 92 short of his maiden Test century.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Is that a younger OGH in the thread picture? :)
  • Options

"We didn't start it!"
    "Seit 5.45 Uhr wird jetzt zurückgeschossen"

Poles started it, Germans just fired back
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,252
    edited September 2017

"We didn't start it!"
    Isn't that the AfD's border policy?
  • Options

"We didn't start it!"
    Isn't that the AfD's border policy?
    Germans aways have a flexible approach to borders
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Best zombie movie ?

My vote goes to the excellent Korean effort Train to Busan.

(edit... which apart from anything else demonstrates the superior ethos of their public transport system.)
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41204204

"Government sources in Washington DC suggested Mr Trump has a fear of stairs or slopes."

Never mind zombies, he is obv a dalek.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41204204

"Government sources in Washington DC suggested Mr Trump has a fear of stairs or slopes."

Never mind zombies, he is obv a dalek.

Climacophobia, or bathmophobia ?
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,870

I think Mrs Rata, between special offers at Sainsbury's, Ocado, the local farm shop and Lidl is our designated zombie apocalypse planner. Our trouble is keeping stock down to 4 months, as the kitchen cupboards fill and various overflow stash holes come into play. I think we could survive most events solely on the six types of canned, pre-cooked beans that are stocked for various recipes.
  • Options
    Mr, Brooke, free movement for Panzers? :p
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

I think Mrs Rata, between special offers at Sainsbury's, Ocado, the local farm shop and Lidl is our designated zombie apocalypse planner. Our trouble is keeping stock down to 4 months, as the kitchen cupboards fill and various overflow stash holes come into play. I think we could survive most events solely on the six types of canned, pre-cooked beans that are stocked for various recipes.
    "...we could survive most events solely on the six types of canned, pre-cooked beans that are stocked for various recipes."

Is this also the zombie-repellent strategy... ?
  • Options

Mr. Tyndall, thanks for that Northern Lights tip. I'll give it a look (never seen them).

Recommended, saw them in my stint in Fife NE. Also am pretty sure I saw Fata Morgana, basically streetlamp orange blobs over the various settlements on the Firth of Tay that ensued for maybe 15 minutes, though did not realize what they were until the news reports of them over China a couple of years ago.
  • Options

Mr, Brooke, free movement for Panzers? :p

Afternoon, Mr.D.
    I see Hamilton has actually volunteered to tyre test for Pirelli this week. He's clearly very serious indeed about winning this season, given his intense dislike of such activity.
  • Options

A classic indeed, Mr Dancer. I hoped someone would here would realise where I was...

Now, in all seriousness, this zombie business, if you're worried about being surrounded by murmuring, groaning, soulless beings whose very humanity has been erased, you've obviously never traveled on the Piccadilly Line.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Pro_Rata said:

"...we could survive most events solely on the six types of canned, pre-cooked beans that are stocked for various recipes."

Guess so, and if that fails the 3 types of chilli powder and the asafoetida should do the trick!
  • Options
    Mr. B, indeed. I've also heard that Alonso's provoked some conspiracy theorists by apparently removing all mention of Honda/McLaren from his Twitter profile.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Nigelb said:

Pro_Rata said:

Guess so, and if that fails the 3 types of chilli powder and the asafoetida should do the trick!
    Quite !
    Although... isn't asafoetida supposed to be a carminative ?
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    1) Fill all available receptacles with clean water while it's still running
    2) Gather all available food, toiletries, misc. supplies
    3) Locate suitable weapons (spades, knives, cricket bats)
    4) Move items from 1-3 upstairs
    5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait
  • Options
    Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

Hmm. My staircase is Grade 1 listed. Do I fear the zombies or the local planning officer the most?
  • Options
    Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

That's more thought through than the Brexit plan.
  • Options

Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

Actually rather similar.
  • Options

Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

You had to go and spoil the fun.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

Hmm. My staircase is Grade 1 listed. Do I fear the zombies or the local planning officer the most?
    Trick question. The local planning officer is now a zombie (though he was already most of the way there).
  • Options
    A very good and sympathetic portrait of David Davis from Nick Cohen:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/09/david-davis-is-heading-for-a-tragic-failure-of-his-own-making/
  • Options

Essexit said:

5) Destroy staircase
    6) Wait

You had to go and spoil the fun.
    Sorry, back to zombies everyone.
  • Options
    In important news, I'm still rather liking Pillars of Eternity. Also, Angel's Truth, a book by AJ Grimmelhaus (first of a series).

The game's graphics are fairly basic but do the job, and loading screens are too frequent, but the gameplay, lore, choices and music are all good.

Angel's Truth is a somewhat grim fantasy, moves along at a good pace, with a nice cast of bickering characters, only most of whom are murderers.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Best zombie movie ?

My vote goes to the excellent Korean effort Train to Busan.

(edit... which apart from anything else demonstrates the superior ethos of their public transport system.)

Surprised TSE hasn't volunteered Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, as the hero bears a slightly disturbing resemblance to a former Chancellor...
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited September 2017
    stodge said:

Leicester council admitted being poorly prepared, feeling that some aspects of its general emergency plans would cover it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13713798

When Fox Jr was younger we decided the best refuge was Hambleton Hall on Rutland water. It has a narrow necked defensible perimeter, and as well as the Michelin starred restaurant and wine celler, the access to freshwater, and trout in the lake. A dinghy as escape vessel would be easy too for moments of last resort.

The Isle of Wight has advantages too, not least that the Zombies there would be a lot slower with their zimmer frames...
This discussion has been closed.