Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Thirteen Saturdays ago the money was going on TMay’s Tories ge

2»

Comments

• Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,928
    edited July 2017
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Madness to delay beyond the next GE..
    Au contraire - as I said earlier: Hammond's plan was quite canny from a Tory point of view. Negotiate Brexit, then get the next election over before the transition period ends (and before the Brexshit actually hits the fan).
    Next up some bright spark will be suggesting the U.K. can't do trade deals until after transition.. only a matter of time.
    Don't worry TGOHF, transition ain't ever gonna end - the tories are just softening you up gently! :lol:
    Keep on dreaming ... we are out .
    We're not out yet pal! "I have a dream..."

Seriously, I agree it's a <5% chance we will not come out. But ask me (or any other sane person for that matter) 3 years ago what were that chances that Tessa would be leading a minority government with Jezza as leader of the opposition*, and I'd have said <0.05% chance.

So, 3 years is an effin long time in politics these days!

(*Not to mention who would be POTUS!)
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Cameron was better looking than May. He was a better dresser than May. He had more hair! He told funnier jokes! And he could dance the pants off of May!...May!

It really isn't about winning power, it's about what you do when you have it. He will go down in history as having called, and lost, the EU referendum.
  • Options

nunuone said:

Interesting that Boris hasn't got the balls to attack Hammond directly and that he's having to use outriders.

Has Brexit castrated Boris?
    Are you auditioning to be Hammond's Scaramucci?
    I don't think Boris would try to suck his own co**, too many blond pubes......
    Also, he knows where its been!
    Assuming he can remember!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Ishmael_Z said:

Cameron was better looking than May. He was a better dresser than May. He had more hair! He told funnier jokes! And he could dance the pants off of May!...May!

It really isn't about winning power, it's about what you do when you have it. He will go down in history as having called, and lost, the EU referendum.

He was a better painter too, he could do a whole room in an afternoon. Two coats...
  • Options

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Au contraire - as I said earlier: Hammond's plan was quite canny from a Tory point of view. Negotiate Brexit, then get the next election over before the transition period ends (and before the Brexshit actually hits the fan).
    Next up some bright spark will be suggesting the U.K. can't do trade deals until after transition.. only a matter of time.
    Don't worry TGOHF, transition ain't ever gonna end - the tories are just softening you up gently! :lol:

Seriously, I agree it's a <5% chance we will not come out. But ask me (or any other sane person for that matter) 3 years ago what were that chances that Tessa would be leading a minority government with Jezza as leader of the opposition*, and I'd have said <0.05% chance.

(*Not to mention who would be POTUS!)</p>
    4.5 years. Transition doesn't start for 18 months.

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013

nunuone said:

Interesting that Boris hasn't got the balls to attack Hammond directly and that he's having to use outriders.

Has Brexit castrated Boris?
    Are you auditioning to be Hammond's Scaramucci?
    I don't think Boris would try to suck his own co**, too many blond pubes......
    Also, he knows where its been!
    TMI.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

607 days 12 hours 58 minutes to go!
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245

I will own up as I lost a packet on Tories gaining seats like Brentford & Isleworth and Tooting.

But I also made up for the losses by heavily laying the Lib Dems on the Betfair 28.5 seats and 37.5 seats markets. So swings and roundabouts.

I don't think there was a PB better who didn't make money on the LibDems this time around. (And thank god, as I bought the Tories at 368)
  • Options

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Good point, by which time: someone I have never heard of will be tory leader, Jezza will have handed over to McDonnell as PM, Oprah will be POTUS, Scotland will be six nations champions and England will have won the world cup...

On no, wait, World cup's in Russia - ...Russia will have won the world cup.

You heard it here first!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Good point, by which time: someone I have never heard of will be tory leader, Jezza will have handed over to McDonnell as PM, Oprah will be POTUS, Scotland will be six nations champions and England will have won the world cup...

On no, wait, World cup's in Russia - ...Russia will have won the world cup.

You heard it here first!
    Of course it could be longer than 4.5 years if the A50 period is extended.

This could take as long as Sweden joining the Euro...
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,851
    It's seems to be a new Leaver thing that we don't need to worry about a Brexit transition because it is just like the millennium bug. I fear they don't understand anything about either programming or our relationship with the EU.
  • Options
    nunuonenunuone Posts: 1,138
    Why are so many Americans Baptist as opposed to other Protestant denominations such as Methodism say?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    nunuone said:

Why are so many Americans Baptist as opposed to other Protestant denominations such as Methodism say?

America had a bewildering set of christian sects on foundation, often relating to the original settlers of the 13 colonies. Congregationalists in Massachusetts, Episcopalians in Virginia, Quakers in Pennsylvania, Catholics in Maryland, and Presbyterians in the hills everywhere.

Then in the late nineteenth century there was a national religious revivalist movement, centered on adult conversion at mass meetings. This marked a significant change from previous Calvinist Theology towards a more individualised "Born Again" experience, often very pentecostal or adult baptism centered. Baptists and Pentecostals had been relatively minor sects, but fitted the spirit of the times, coupled with a greater fluidity as various Protestant sects felt more closely aligned.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,293
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

Jonathan said:

There is still not enough distance between now and polling day to behold the full splendour and majesty of Theresa May's cosmic fuck up.

Amazing how Corbyn won, eh?

Oh, wait...
    You don't think losing Cameron's majority/making a net seat loss against the terrorist sympathising wants to make Diane Abbot Home Secretary Corbyn was a fuck up?

It's a view.
    United the right and ruined the chances of a break up of this country?

Some things are more important than majorities.
    She's united the left more than she's united the right. I mean she's united the Tory party into thinking she's shite.

Tories up circa 5%, Labour up circa 10%

Who knew banging on about grammar schools and the EU would cost the Tories seats.
    Clearing up the Posh Boys' mess was never going to be easy.
    Did you enjoy Matthew Parris's column today?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,623
    nunuone said:

Why are you a Muslim?
  • Options
    nunuonenunuone Posts: 1,138

nunuone said:

America had a bewildering set of christian sects on foundation, often relating to the original settlers of the 13 colonies. Congregationalists in Massachusetts, Episcopalians in Virginia, Quakers in Pennsylvania, Catholics in Maryland, and Presbyterians in the hills everywhere.

Then in the late nineteenth century there was a national religious revivalist movement, centered on adult conversion at mass meetings. This marked a significant change from previous Calvinist Theology towards a more individualised "Born Again" experience, often very pentecostal or adult baptism centered. Baptists and Pentecostals had been relatively minor sects, but fitted the spirit of the times, coupled with a greater fluidity as various Protestant sects felt more closely aligned.

Thanx! But why did Baptism and Pentecostals "fit with the times"?
  • Options
    nunuone said:

nunuone said:

Thanx! But why did Baptism and Pentecostals "fit with the times"?
    The emphasis on charismatic worship, and on the "born again" adult conversion experience. Even nominally Christian people find the fervour of a revival meeting intense and that the holy spirit in abundance. It is very liberating. Adult conversion experiences are less common in more mainstream sects.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Sean_F said:

Despite all the pratfalls, the Tories still led 44/36 in the polls on polling day, enough to win a 40 seat majority. Yet, this lead did not materialise on the day. I'm still a bit dumbfounded by it.

That is surely just the average . Several polls were implying a Hung Parliament by the final week of the campaign.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    619 said:
    Donald Trump has been blaming China for America's woes for at least the past two decades. Arguably he has a point but that is not really the issue here.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    GIN1138 said:

British lack of co-ordination on Brexit ‘beggars belief’

Commissioner for Agriculture Phil Hogan: UK still has to come to terms with negotiating mandate

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/british-lack-of-co-ordination-on-brexit-beggars-belief-1.3171292

Well he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

I love how REAMINERS are taking everything that comes out of the EU as the gospel truth lol!
    Leavers are hardly a reliable source.
This discussion has been closed.