Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If you are having GE17 withdrawal symptoms a round-up of every

SystemSystem Posts: 11,687
edited June 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If you are having GE17 withdrawal symptoms a round-up of every exit poll since 1992

Follow @MSmithsonPB // < ![CDATA[ // < ![CDATA[ xfunction(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); // ]]>

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    2015 was the best. :p
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    RobD said:

and 2017 the worst.
  • Options
    nunu said:

RobD said:

and 2017 the worst.
    Swings and roundabouts. :p
  • Options
    1992 exit poll range: Con short by 10 or Lab short by 13....right clear as mud then.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    FPT:
    tlg86 said:

Just catching up on the news. Did UEFA really think Linfield v Celtic on the 12th of July was a good idea?

Also, Loathsome wants to take control of the media. How very Putinesque.

Apparently Celtic won't be taking any tickets for the game in Belfast which is a bit of a shame. There are suggestions that if Linfield can't guarantee the safety of the away fans, then the game should be moved to a neutral venue.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    RobD said:

nunu said:

RobD said:

and 2017 the worst.
    No wonder I'm feeling a little sick.
  • Options

RobD said:

nunu said:

RobD said:

and 2017 the worst.
    No wonder I'm feeling a little sick.
    I keep the 2015 election on repeat.. it's the only thing that keeps me going....*twitch*

:D
  • Options
    BBC news website - FFS

"Corbyn draws crowds at Glastonbury"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    2015 the ultimate phyrric victory.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Yup.... but the expletives reaction to it was epic and lasted a year.... not great since then.

2017 at least has Scotland and 'those' 2 Tory wins but little else.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    I was listening to 5 Live this morning and there was a chap on who was asked "what are the government doing about Grenfell?" and he talked authoritatively about all the things the government has been doing for several minutes, without any waffle or "politics". He did such a good job there were no further questions and he was simply thanked for his comprehensive answer.

Based upon what he said I think the government's response to the fire is about as good as can be expected. I was genuinely impressed.

I didn't catch who he was but he sure as hell was on top of his brief. If he was an MP he needs promotion.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    F1: currently tempted to just leave it until tomorrow and see if the group markets emerge. Nothing really grabs my eye.

I'll wait a little longer, see how I feel. But if the pre-race article isn't up this evening, it's by choice, rather than me being decapitated by a low-flying flamingo.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

Yup.... but the expletives reaction to it was epic and lasted a year.... not great since then.

2015 is much more enjoyable now. It's like a what happened next video clip.
  • Options
    Mr. Jonathan, Pyrrhic*.

Poor Pyrrhus. A very capable general best known amongst the masses for winning victories not worth having.
  • Options

BBC news website - FFS

Radio 1 have already had to delete a Corbyn tweet.
  • Options
    RobD said:

BBC news website - FFS

this one?

https://twitter.com/MediaGuido/status/878662349200216065
  • Options
    nrs3079nrs3079 Posts: 14

BBC news website - FFS

Yes another example of their balanced reporting. They're covering his trip to Tesco tomorrow while he does his weekly shop! I see Armed forces day is not even in their headlines section.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Did we ever work out what the technical term for "multiplying by thirteen" was? :smiley:
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    The vote shares given re-actual results are UK figures - rather than the GB figures provided by the pollsters.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

Did we ever work out what the technical term for "multiplying by thirteen" was? :smiley:
    pandanth
  • Options
    Is @Sunil_Prasannan around? I'm now longing for the heady days of PB Tory chortling and tittering. :D
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,980
    nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Yes another example of their balanced reporting. They're covering his trip to Tesco tomorrow while he does his weekly shop! I see Armed forces day is not even in their headlines section.
    Was it only last month that it was the Corbynistas who were moaning about BBC bias? Now, it seems normality is restored, and were back to the usual Tory drones on the subject.
  • Options

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Was it only last month that it was the Corbynistas who were moaning about BBC bias? Now, it seems normality is restored, and were back to the usual Tory drones on the subject.
    The Radio 1 one was a bit over the top though.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,980
    RobD said:

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Having thought about it, the BBC probably realised that themselves. Hence its deletion.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

Tredecuple?
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Also inaccurate reporting - Mr Corbyn also commented on the recent election, which saw Prime Minister Theresa May's majority cut in the House of Commons...
  • Options

Having thought about it, the BBC probably realised that themselves. Hence its deletion.

What's the difference between Fox lauding Trump and the BBC lauding Corbyn? Not a lot.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,256

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Arguably from a journos perspective the story is a Glastonbury story, not a Corbyn story and this weekend the news and press want Glasto stories.
  • Options

RobD said:

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Should never have been posted in the first place.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Armed forces day is on the news homepage, linked to
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40383981

• Options
    glw said:

What's the difference between Fox lauding Trump and the BBC lauding Corbyn? Not a lot.
    One isn't a public broadcaster that is required to be neutral.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134
    Trying to be serious for a moment, "Leader of the Opposition appears at Glastonbury" is objectively a more newsworthy story than "Prime Minister attends Armed Forces Day".

"Prime Minister appears at Glastonbury" would have been more newsworthy still. Though not necessarily in a good way.
  • Options
    F1: irksome as it is, I'm going to look again tomorrow and see if the group/match markets are up. I quite liked them last time.

Hard to see anything I like much from what's there.

Anyway, I'm off.
  • Options
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Now even the drones are Tory
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    glw said:

I was listening to 5 Live this morning and there was a chap on who was asked "what are the government doing about Grenfell?" and he talked authoritatively about all the things the government has been doing for several minutes, without any waffle or "politics". He did such a good job there were no further questions and he was simply thanked for his comprehensive answer.

Based upon what he said I think the government's response to the fire is about as good as can be expected. I was genuinely impressed.

I didn't catch who he was but he sure as hell was on top of his brief. If he was an MP he needs promotion.

Sajid Javid?
  • Options
    phew....it's not a high rise.
  • Options
    isam said:
    I see Corbyn has dressed to hide his erection
  • Options
    nunu said:

phew....it's not a high rise.
    How many years was it since a big fire in a high rise at the time of Grenfell?
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexit said:

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Also inaccurate reporting - Mr Corbyn also commented on the recent election, which saw Prime Minister Theresa May's majority cut in the House of Commons...
    That must have been its economy editor showing off his knowledge about cuts.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    RobD said:

glw said:

Not the Tory BBC-haters again. Saddos
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    alex. said:

Sajid Javid?

I think it was him, he really seemed to know about all the things being done across the country.
  • Options

RobD said:

glw said:

I don't hate the BBC, they make a lot of good stuff. They also make some questionable decisions on their news and current affairs balance, for instance having a QT panel on Thursday with 4 Remainers on a panel of 5.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    glw said:

alex. said:

Sajid Javid?

I think it was him, he really seemed to know about all the things being done across the country.
    Good. Some of us said here on day one that the steps to be taken were reasonably obvious -- rehousing, nationwide inspections and so on -- and the Prime Minister should just announce them from Downing Street rather than pointlessly visit Grenfell. The PM needs to be Theresa May, resolute and in control, not a pale imitation of David Cameron shaking hands with firefighters and families.
  • Options

RobD said:

glw said:

Lol! The BBC have just had to delete a Tweet because it broke impartiality rules. Earlier this week the BBC had to apologise for allowing an Islamist to slander Maajid Nawaz and Douglas Murray.

The BBC doesn't do itself any favours.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,074
    Essexit said:

RobD said:

glw said:

I don't hate the BBC, they make a lot of good stuff. They also make some questionable decisions on their news and current affairs balance, for instance having a QT panel on Thursday with 4 Remainers on a panel of 5.
    You can't have it both ways. If you want to argue that 80% of people have just voted for Brexit then you must consider that there were 3 Brexiteers on that panel of 5, not 1, since you obviously put both Lidington and Ashworth in the Brexit camp.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

RobD said:

BBC news website - FFS

this one?

twitter.com/MediaGuido/status/878662349200216065
    Too many tweets make a.....
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    RobD said:

RobD said:

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Disagree. The BBC should not have an opinion but it should provide news. Corbyn speaking to vast crowds in Glastonbury is indeed news as is May's regimented appearance in Liverpool.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    tlg86 said:

RobD said:

glw said:

Lol! The BBC have just had to delete a Tweet because it broke impartiality rules. Earlier this week the BBC had to apologise for allowing an Islamist to slander Maajid Nawaz and Douglas Murray.

Another saddo.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Just had a great bit of stilton and a decent NZ white. Life is good.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

RobD said:

glw said:

Not just Tories. BBC bashing is non-denominational.

biasedbbc.org
  • Options

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

glw said:

Another saddo.
    Somebodies in a bad mood.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,382
    nunu said:

RobD said:

and 2017 the worst.
    +1
  • Options

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

glw said:

Another saddo.
    An odd response to @tlg86 pointing out salient facts that contradict your view.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Disagree. The BBC should not have an opinion but it should provide news. Corbyn speaking to vast crowds in Glastonbury is indeed news as is May's regimented appearance in Liverpool.
    The Tweet wasn't from the News feed reporting in a neutral way with something like "Corbyn addresses crowds at Glastonbury."
  • Options

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

glw said:

Another saddo.
    Malcolm, is that you?
  • Options
    Exit polls: funny in hindsight; absolutely bloody terrifying at the time.

I almost had a heart attack this GE.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Exit polls: funny in hindsight; absolutely bloody terrifying at the time.

I almost had a heart attack this GE.

You're not the only one !
  • Options

Essexit said:

RobD said:

glw said:

You can't have it both ways. If you want to argue that 80% of people have just voted for Brexit then you must consider that there were 3 Brexiteers on that panel of 5, not 1, since you obviously put both Lidington and Ashworth in the Brexit camp.
    Alright, a fair point. Then again, one year on from the referendum would it be too much to have a politician (rather than just a journalist) who actually backed Leave at the time?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Fear not! the blessed Jezziah has raised awareness of AFD:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/878493139618586625
  • Options
    Word for remainers who support Labour because they believe that JC must be one as well really because he's a good person; Corb-IN-ites (with a definite pause after the corb), or Jeremainers?
  • Options

Word for remainers who support Labour because they believe that JC must be one as well really because he's a good person; Corb-IN-ites (with a definite pause after the corb), or Jeremainers?

Pillocks.
  • Options

While Jezza is probably a Leaver at heart, he is at least a Leaver who doesn't see Brexit as a slash and burn attack on workers rights and environmental protections. Indeed he wants to strengthen these beyond the EU position, and also not engage in a race to the bottom by beggaring our neighbours. He is also much more positive about immigration.

As a former Remainer, I would strongly support Jezza's Brexit policy over the vultures in the Tory party. It is a very different way of Brexit with Corbyn and Starmer in charge.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    edited June 2017

BBC news website - FFS

LOL! Yeah, all those thousands of people at Glastonbury just to party with Jezza! :smiley:
  • Options

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Isn't that pic from November 2015?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,864
    Evening all :)

Not sure why anyone should carp the exit polls - they were no worse than the halfwits and nitwits who were making vacuous predictions on here three weeks ago.

I know some have had the cojones to come back and admit they were wrong - kudos to you. We all make mistakes and part of being human is accepting our own many and manifest limitations.

One or two have claimed they were right and the voters were wrong - interesting. I'll try that one on Mr Paddy Power when my horse loses at Hexham tomorrow.

One or two others have slunk into the darkness - fair enough. If you can't take the heat, go and live in Greenland.

Getting it wrong makes life interesting - if we always got it right, how boring would that be ?

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    GIN1138 said:

BBC news website - FFS

LOL! Yeah, all those thousands of people at Glastonbury just to party with Jezza! :smiley:
    That was exactly what I thought :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    GIN1138 said:

BBC news website - FFS

I am sure he had gone down well there, but anybody who has been to festivals knows the crowds for the main stages will only grow over the day as people try and get their place for the main acts and willing to stand and watch the crap on beforehand unwilling to move for hours on end.

• Options
    The National on in FOUR MINUTES
    Don't miss them.
  • Options
    I don't believe I've ever in my life (39 years) seen such fanatical support for a politician in this country as we're seeing for Chairman Jeremy from much of the left at the moment. It's actually quite worrying when you consider that his right hand man has encouraged direct action to overthrow the government.
  • Options

While Jezza is probably a Leaver at heart, he is at least a Leaver who doesn't see Brexit as a slash and burn attack on workers rights and environmental protections. Indeed he wants to strengthen these beyond the EU position, and also not engage in a race to the bottom by beggaring our neighbours. He is also much more positive about immigration.

As a former Remainer, I would strongly support Jezza's Brexit policy over the vultures in the Tory party. It is a very different way of Brexit with Corbyn and Starmer in charge.
    And that's the absolute beauty of Brexit.

Now, free from the restraints of the EU we can, as a country, fully implement any vision that we vote for. Corbyn's, mine, or something in between that's more sensible.

Corbyn should want as hard a Brexit as possible to allow him to do whatever he wants after the next election.

Have just started Episode 1 of Designated Survivor. It looks okay so far at 17 mins in. Anyone know if it gets better/worse?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Don't miss them.

Are they as crap as radiohead? *

* Just joking
  • Options

I don't believe I've ever in my life (39 years) seen such fanatical support for a politician in this country as we're seeing for Chairman Jeremy from much of the left at the moment. It's actually quite worrying when you consider that his right hand man has encouraged direct action to overthrow the government.

Tony Blair?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,703
    edited June 2017

a Leaver who doesn't see Brexit as a slash and burn attack on workers rights and environmental protections.
    Who, in the government is?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822

Tony Blair?
    Tony Blair's popularity was a lot more all-encompassing than Jezza's but I suppose the difference is that those on the right could live with him because they thought he was essentially a one nation Tory who happened to be Lab leader. Where-as Jezza is a proper leftie revolutionary...
  • Options
    Has anyone polled UK resident EU citizens to find out whether they'd rather have the ECJ, or their permanent residency settled immediately?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    GIN1138 said:

Tony Blair?
    Tony Blair's popularity was a lot more all-encompassing than Jezza's but I suppose the difference is that those on the right could live with him because they thought he was essentially a one nation Tory who happened to be Lab leader. Where-as Jezza is a proper leftie revolutionary...
    Absolutely. Although I had similar feeling of blair and Obama ie overhyped, they weren't dangerous. Same with macron or Trudeau.
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605

rcs1000 said:

Don't miss them.

Are they as crap as radiohead? *

* Just joking
    Their version of the old 60s classic Morning Dew is classic. Play it all the time.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

GIN1138 said:

Tony Blair?
    Absolutely. Although I had similar feeling of Blair and Obama ie overhyped, they weren't dangerous. Same with macron or Trudeau.
    All those 4 have their faults (Particularly Blair !) but the political philosophy was essentially centrism. Jezz is a very hard and dangerous leftism.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    edited June 2017
    Now onto a bottle of Sicilian red. Politics, what's that?
  • Options

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Sure, it is in Whitehall, and poppies are worn. Nonetheless his tweet on AFD is one of the highest retweets.

Those mocking JC at Glasto for his rapturous reception still don't get it. Jezza has struck the Zeitgeist, while Tezza will get fragged by her own troops at conference. It is only going one way.
  • Options
    The sweetest was 2017. Since it was so far removed from received opinion.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

I can't take any of my wine with me to the US. So I'm currently drinking special occasion only wine* while watching The National.

* Ridge Montebello 2000
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Are you morphing into SeanT ?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

I can't take any of my wine with me to the US. So I'm currently drinking special occasion only wine* while watching The National.

* Ridge Montebello 2000
    How come you can't ship it?
  • Options

Tony Blair?

Tony Blair?
    He was more popular poll wise at his peak, but I don't remember any Tony Blair chanting. This Jeremania is something else..
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Now, free from the restraints of the EU we can, as a country, fully implement any vision that we vote for. Corbyn's, mine, or something in between that's more sensible.

Corbyn should want as hard a Brexit as possible to allow him to do whatever he wants after the next election.

Have just started Episode 1 of Designated Survivor. It looks okay so far at 17 mins in. Anyone know if it gets better/worse?
    I quite enjoyed it
    Hannah Wells is wonderful.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,317

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

glw said:

Another saddo.
    Mike admits to being a saddo :lol:
  • Options

a Leaver who doesn't see Brexit as a slash and burn attack on workers rights and environmental protections.
    May, Boris and Davis have allthreatened to undercut the EU, and JRM has advocated Indian style Health and Safety.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134

nrs3079 said:

BBC news website - FFS

Sure, it is in Whitehall, and poppies are worn. Nonetheless his tweet on AFD is one of the highest retweets.

Those mocking JC at Glasto for his rapturous reception still don't get it.
    He is not the first person with those initials to have been mocked by people who didn't know what they were doing.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    GIN1138 said:

Tony Blair?
    I voted for Tony twice, never ever will I vote for Corbyn
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,703

May, Boris and Davis have allthreatened to undercut the EU,
    On workers rights?

Citation required.
  • Options
    Just so everyone knows, I've freed the Radiohead one.
  • Options

GeoffM said:

I quite enjoyed it
    Hannah Wells is wonderful.
    Thanks Mr Pubgoer. I've just got to the end of Ep1 and I'll definitely be carrying on.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Tony Blair?
    I voted for Tony twice, never ever will I vote for Corbyn
    That's OK. I don't think he expects your vote.
This discussion has been closed.