Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf’s afternoon cartoon on the Brexit talks

SystemSystem Posts: 12,047
edited June 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf’s afternoon cartoon on the Brexit talks

With the first round of the Brexit talks apparently marked by the David Davis agreeing to the EU’s negotiating timetable and this afternoon the DUP raising doubts about whether they will support the Tories we are entering uncharted territory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited June 2017
    First! Like Jeremy our saviour from the evil, baby-eating tories.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,517
    edited June 2017
    Mrs May really is crap isn't she.

The longer she stays the more likely it is Corbyn becomes PM.

I bet the party would take back Dave and George in a heartbeat.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,216
    edited June 2017
    Second! Like Labour

Diane Abbot , Returning Officer
    edited June 2017
    Second! Like Jeremy the hopeless Marxist
    [Edit: pipped at the post! And I was trying to cover all possibilities] :(

But they went off in a huff...so they can't.....
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,523
    Mr. Eagles, probably. But they both left the Commons.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,963
    edited June 2017
    QS and Day Of Rage tomorrow!

No they didn't. They both party first.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Marf has the same view of May maths that I do, I see!

They both party first.
    Yep......
  • Bobajob_PBBobajob_PB Posts: 928
    FAO Sean FPT

Bobajob_PM said:

This is the very same Laura K who predicted that a deal would be clinched on the afternoon of June 13 – a week ago...

Laura Kuenssberg‏Verified account
    @bbclaurak
    Follow
    More
    Queen's speech to be delayed for up to a week because new version has to be written after deal with DUP done - expected late tmrw afternoon
    Retweets

1:31 PM - 12 Jun 2017
    FPT:

Off topic.

Spare a thought for us having to wear morning suits in London, replete with waistcoats, today!!

Why? What are you doing?
    I attended a wedding.
    :+1::+1: Have a great time
  • Richard_HRichard_H Posts: 48

Perhaps DUP wanted more money than Philip Hammond was willing to provide ?

The Tories might not want to be held to ransom even for a short period and decide to continue as a minority. Not as if the numbers make it viable for Labour to form a government.

They both party first.
    Yep......
    Mrs May was intent on ripping up the 2015 manifesto (see grammar schools as an example) and Dave didn't want the story to be about him consistently voting against the Tories.
  • BromBrom Posts: 3,760

You're like a broken record. So boring. No one would take George back, he is damaged goods and despised. Perhaps you need to move on and look at talented future politicians rather than sleazy journalists.
    SeanT said:

Yep. You were right. They were better than this.

Depressing.
    And soon you'll recant about Brexit. :lol:
  • A crazy hot political summer in prospect. Some should take refuge in this perfectly thought-of African refuge from the heat that's just appeared in Kensington :

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/jun/20/serpentine-pavilion-2017-francis-kere
    Brom said:

You're like a broken record. So boring. No one would take George back, he is damaged goods and despised. Perhaps you need to move on and look at talented future politicians rather than sleazy journalists.
    Don't be thick.

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/873978710038388737
    Anyhoo, back to the canapés and bridesmaids.

SeanT said:

Yep. You were right. They were better than this.

Depressing.
    And soon you'll recant about Brexit. :lol:
    Hasn't he recanted 150 times on Brexit already? :D

Brom said:

Don't be thick.

You keep adding in Osborne as if he is on the same level as DC just because you have a crush on him. It's tragic.
  • Richard_HRichard_H Posts: 48

Theresa May will be gone by the Tory party conference in October and be replaced by someone who can unite the party. As a total wildcard, Johnny Mercer the ex Army Captain might be a popular choice, if he decided to stand. Probbably better than Bojo or Hammond or any of the current frontrunners.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @PolhomeEditor: On BBC claims that Tory/DUP deal likely on Thursday, DUP source says: "I wouldn't rely on Beeb sources."

Anyhoo, back to the canapés and bridesmaids.

Tuesday – strange day for a wedding?

Enjoy!
  • David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    edited June 2017
    The Evening Standard gunning for ex Ministers re Grenfell at

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/grenfell-tower-ministers-were-warned-of-a-tower-block-tragedy-if-no-sprinklers-fitted-a3568526.html

Sprinkler might not have stopped the fire going up the cladding but regarding the sprinkler recommendations the article says:

After further correspondence, then government minister Liberal Democrat Stephen Williams, replied: "I have neither seen nor heard anything that would suggest that consideration of these specific potential changes is urgent and I am not willing to disrupt the work of this department by asking that these matters are brought forward."

The group replied: "We're at a loss to understand, how you had concluded that credible and independent evidence which had life safety implications, was NOT considered to be urgent.

"As a consequence the group wishes to point out to you that should a major fire tragedy, with loss of life, occur between now and 2017, in for example, a residential care facility or a purpose built block of flats, where the matters which had been raised here, were found to be contributory to the outcome, then the group would be bound to bring this to others' attention."
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,821
    Glad to see Ratty back!
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,440

They both party first.
    Yep......
    Mrs May was intent on ripping up the 2015 manifesto (see grammar schools as an example) and Dave didn't want the story to be about him consistently voting against the Tories.
    This is the main reason I'm in the Lib Dems and not the Tories:

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/vb.6622931938/10154956153516939/?type=2&theater

Clegg:
    “It would have been in a Quad meeting, so either Cameron or Osborne. One of them – I honestly can’t remember whom – looked genuinely nonplussed and said, ‘I don’t understand why you keep going on about the need for more social housing – it just creates Labour voters.’ They genuinely saw housing as a petri dish for voters. It was unbelievable,” he said.

Shocking, talk about party before country.
    Number of Conservative voters first General Election:
    Cameron: 10,703,754
    May: 13,667,213
  • dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    One truth that seems inescapable is that the Tories are really really crap and they've let a large swathe of the population down. The veneer of being the natural party of government is slipping away.

One truth that seems inescapable is that the Tories are really really crap and they've let a large swathe of the population down. The veneer of being the natural party of government is slipping away.

True, Corbyn will be worse though - and it'll be too late before everyone realises that.
    edited June 2017
    Richard_H said:

Theresa May will be gone by the Tory party conference in October and be replaced by someone who can unite the party. As a total wildcard, Johnny Mercer the ex Army Captain might be a popular choice, if he decided to stand. Probbably better than Bojo or Hammond or any of the current frontrunners.

OK I'll play.

So Johnny Mercer becomes Con leader and PM from the backbenches.

Then what? Will people stand for a PM they've never heard of? There would have to be an immediate election to give people their say surely?
    Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/vb.6622931938/10154956153516939/?type=2&theater

Clegg:
    “It would have been in a Quad meeting, so either Cameron or Osborne. One of them – I honestly can’t remember whom – looked genuinely nonplussed and said, ‘I don’t understand why you keep going on about the need for more social housing – it just creates Labour voters.’ They genuinely saw housing as a petri dish for voters. It was unbelievable,” he said.

If he can't remember who said it then it didn't happen
    FPT:

Pong said:

The difference is labour actually had a plan to pay for their no-death-tax.

Yes, find a rainbow and dig up the gold.
    Your point was a good one: had Labour won, under Corbyn/McDonnell, a lot of the money they'd expect to squeeze out of the populace would have simply disappeared.

I had contingency plans to transfer £10k over to my cousin in Canada (who I trust implicitly) to hold for me in trust, and my parents in an offshore Jersey account.
    I am now looking at selling my London flat and using the proceeds to buy a house in Barbados. Negligible transaction costs, no IHT, negligible income tax and closely tied to the dollar, so a good hedge for when the £ gets debauched.

That would be just the start.
    It is more exotic that what I had in mind, but our plans are similar
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 32,089
    Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

Why am I not surprised given the backgrounds of Cameron and Osborne?
  • I shouldn't get to excited Mike, the Rainbow Coalition of left wing pygmy's just aint gonna happen.
    edited June 2017

Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

He can't remember who of Cameron and Osborne. Probably Osborne, and I'd believe Clegg over Osborne any day of the week and twice on sundays.
    It is precisely the sort of cold political calculation Osborne would calculate in his head.

I expect that's why they're polling in the low thirties.....
  • LadyBucketLadyBucket Posts: 590

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/grenfell-tower-ministers-were-warned-of-a-tower-block-tragedy-if-no-sprinklers-fitted-a3568526.html

Sprinkler might not have stopped the fire going up the cladding but regarding the sprinkler recommendations the article says:

After further correspondence, then government minister Liberal Democrat Stephen Williams, replied: "I have neither seen nor heard anything that would suggest that consideration of these specific potential changes is urgent and I am not willing to disrupt the work of this department by asking that these matters are brought forward."

The group replied: "We're at a loss to understand, how you had concluded that credible and independent evidence which had life safety implications, was NOT considered to be urgent.

"As a consequence the group wishes to point out to you that should a major fire tragedy, with loss of life, occur between now and 2017, in for example, a residential care facility or a purpose built block of flats, where the matters which had been raised here, were found to be contributory to the outcome, then the group would be bound to bring this to others' attention."

I wonder how George And Dave would have coped with recent events?

• ChrisChris Posts: 11,687

Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

Clegg couldn't even remember which party he voted for in his first general election.
  • dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

I expect that's why they're polling in the low thirties.....
    Give it a couple of weeks
  • SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,757
    GIN1138 said:

Richard_H said:

OK I'll play.

Then what? Will people stand for a PM they've never heard of? There would have to be an immediate election to give people their say surely?
    No one had heard of Corbyn....
    edited June 2017

Brom said:

Don't be thick.

Over 2 million more people voted for May in 2017 than for Cameron in 2015.

May is indeed crap. Cameron was clearly even worse.

Indeed Cameron was so crap he even got 1.5 million less votes than Corbyn. That is how atrociously bad your heroes were.

https://twitter.com/kayaburgess/status/874561360490889217
  • David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    Also

In December 2015, the all-party group wrote to the former Conservative minister James Wharton, and warned about the risk of fires spreading on the outside of buildings with cladding.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 42,507
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

He can't remember who of Cameron and Osborne. Probably Osborne, and I'd believe Clegg over Osborne any day of the week and twice on sundays.
    It is precisely the sort of cold political calculation Osborne would calculate in his head.
    Nah you'd remember that; a politician more so.

Brom said:

Don't be thick.

Only one of them won the Tories a majority in 25 years and it wasn't May.

GIN1138 said:

Richard_H said:

OK I'll play.

No one had heard of Corbyn....
    Yeah but he's LOTO and if he becomes PM he'll have to win a general election and secure a mandate from voters.
  • isamisam Posts: 41,118

https://twitter.com/kayaburgess/status/874561360490889217
    Blimey that was a population surge! 7 years of failing to control immigration home to roost, I blame May and Cameron

I shouldn't get to excited Mike, the Rainbow Coalition of left wing pygmy's just aint gonna happen.

too

pigmies
    Richard_H said:

Johnny Mercer, nice chap though he is, is a "one trick pony." He never takes part in debates in the HoC's unless it is about defence. Also he is a very poor speaker. Sadly, I wish it was otherwise.

Brom said:

Don't be thick.

Only one of them won the Tories a majority in 25 years and it wasn't May.
    To hero worship politicians at your age is tragic. Only one of them walked away when they messed up and the going got tough. It wasn't May.
    I see the Unions are planning a "Red October" strategy to get Corbyn into No 10 by the Autumn. I remember Diane Abbott saying something along the lines of "wait until the Autumn" when answering criticism of Corbyn. Obviously they have been planning this for a long time. I suppose it is too much to hope that the government are doing any contingency planning for this?

FPT:

Pong said:

Your point was a good one: had Labour won, under Corbyn/McDonnell, a lot of the money they'd expect to squeeze out of the populace would have simply disappeared.

I had contingency plans to transfer £10k over to my cousin in Canada (who I trust implicitly) to hold for me in trust, and my parents in an offshore Jersey account.
    I am now looking at selling my London flat and using the proceeds to buy a house in Barbados. Negligible transaction costs, no IHT, negligible income tax and closely tied to the dollar, so a good hedge for when the £ gets debauched.

I recommend Guernsey as a closer alternative - you show me any town in the U.K. population 64,000 with two Waitrose supermarkets and three M&S food stores. Half an hour from Gatwick.
  • MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    4 wins out of 5 at Royal Ascot , Odds on Favourite Churchill let me down in the 4th race .
    edited June 2017
    Edited. Point already made.

I see the Unions are planning a "Red October" strategy to get Corbyn into No 10 by the Autumn. I remember Diane Abbott saying something along the lines of "wait until the Autumn" when answering criticism of Corbyn. Obviously they have been planning this for a long time. I suppose it is too much to hope that the government are doing any contingency planning for this?

I'm not sure there will be much sympathy for Southern drivers turning down £75,000.
  • NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758
    If it came to it would the SNP and LIb Dems risk putting Corbyn into number 10? Might they abstain on crucial votes to avoid this until the threat diminishes?
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478

Glad to see Ratty back!

Yes, but I never knew he was gullible. Maybe he's got his tongue in his cheek.

If it came to it would the SNP and LIb Dems risk putting Corbyn into number 10?

The SNP were telling voters to vote for them if they wanted Corbyn...
    edited June 2017

If it came to it would the SNP and LIb Dems risk putting Corbyn into number 10? Might they abstain on crucial votes to avoid this until the threat diminishes?

Even if they wanted to put Corbyn into Number 10 (the Lib Dems have said they won't, though if Vince gets in, who knows?) the DUP I've no doubt would take great pleasure in voting down the IRA Corbyn.

The SNP would. The Lib Dems would have a serious think

FPT:

Pong said:

I recommend Guernsey as a closer alternative - you show me any town in the U.K. population 64,000 with two Waitrose supermarkets and three M&S food stores. Half an hour from Gatwick.
    I have not been in Guernsey in years. Pre-teens IIRC. I thought they had an immigration policy which is highly exclusive? They might not let me in :D
    @SkyNewsBreak: Jo Swinson has been elected as deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats
  • DeClareDeClare Posts: 483
    Scott_P said:

@SkyNewsBreak: Jo Swinson has been elected as deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats

She was the only candidate.

FPT:

Pong said:

I have not been in Guernsey in years. Pre-teens IIRC. I thought they had an immigration policy which is highly exclusive? They might not let me in :D
    You're thinking of Jersey. In Guernsey all you have to do is buy a house in the "Open Market" - 1700 properties reserved for non-locals - prices similar to South East England. No CGT & no IHT. When I went for my first visit I asked if there was much crime. "Oh yes, there was a car stolen last month....."
  • kurtjesterkurtjester Posts: 121

I wonder how George And Dave would have coped with recent events?

Perhaps the Evening Standard could look into the effect that budgetary cuts had on the provisioning of fire prevention measures.

Their Editor would know a bit more, having been the Chancellor responsible for Austerity.
    Scott_P said:

If it came to it would the SNP and LIb Dems risk putting Corbyn into number 10?

The SNP were telling voters to vote for them if they wanted Corbyn...
    And we all know Nicola is a woman of her word.......
    Is there a reason Cable is 1.64/1.9 on Betfair to be next Lib Dem leader?

And we all know Nicola is a woman of her word.......

Not sure which is funnier.

Nicola binning Named Person, or Patrick whining that the Tories voted with the SNP on air duty

Well he is the only runner so far.
    Mr. Pulpstar, but surely Lamb will stand?

Because he will in all probability win
  • kurtjesterkurtjester Posts: 121
    Brom said:

Osborne's a guaranteed election loser. The man responsible for Austerity would lead the Tories to further disaster. One only has to remember the chorus of booing he received at the Olympics in 2012 to see that.
    Mr. Senior, I hope you're wrong.

I did say that picking Farron was a mistake last time. The Lib Dems should go for Lamb.
  • ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    FPT.
    SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

I do wonder if Brexit will go through, now. This is chaos.

The clock's ticking and the EU want us out so they can integrate into a Superstate without the pesky Brit's holding them back...

If we did call Brexit off we'd have to give up the rebate. Join the Euro. Submit to the army. Etc.

You do the Math.
    Not if we Remained (remember: we haven't left yet). We'd be EU members under the same terms as now (but we wouldn't get Cameron's deal).

The EU would welcome this, as being so much less hassle for everyone. Plus they'd get to laugh at us for being a bunch of clowns, and fair enough.

Nope. The EU is on the record that if we abandon Brexit, we can only stay as members if we lose all our opt outs. That includes the euro and Schengen.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,650
    Yesterday. Davies caves over Brexit. Today the DUP demolish May over the "done deal" with the DUP.

Strong and stable with Theresa May. Oh yes.
  • FPT:

Pong said:

Depending on what one is spending, I think the aim should be to get citizenship as well as a property.

Grand Cayman is a bit awkward and wants you to live there for 9 years first. I haven't looked into getting Barbados citizenship, but for the price of my London flat, I can have a 4-bedroom house with a pool and sea views. A £600k property would cost £18k in transaction costs to buy versus £38k in London just on the stamp duty.

It's not worth what it costs to live here.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,574

Yesterday. Davies caves over Brexit. Today the DUP demolish May over the "done deal" with the DUP.

Davis caved over Brexit?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,605
    RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?
    Yes it's off. Haven't you heard? :)
    RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?
    Presumably he's referring to the EU27 accepting that the trade deal will form part of the Brexit talks, in stark contradiction to their starting position.
  • DeClareDeClare Posts: 483

There was a poll of over 2000 LD members, it's on Wikipedia showing Lamb 1% ahead of Cable if all potential candidates are included. If it's just down to Cable and Lamb with the others excluded, Lamb is 4% ahead of Cable.

Both Lamb and Cable are from the SDP wing of the party but I would have thought the majority of their members come from the old Liberal wing. Former leader Charles Kennedy also came from the SDP.
  • ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    SeanT said:

FPT.

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

The clock's ticking and the EU want us out so they can integrate into a Superstate without the pesky Brit's holding them back...

If we did call Brexit off we'd have to give up the rebate. Join the Euro. Submit to the army. Etc.

You do the Math.
    Not if we Remained (remember: we haven't left yet). We'd be EU members under the same terms as now (but we wouldn't get Cameron's deal).

The EU would welcome this, as being so much less hassle for everyone. Plus they'd get to laugh at us for being a bunch of clowns, and fair enough.

Nope. The EU is on the record that if we abandon Brexit, we can only stay as members if we lose all our opt outs. That includes the euro and Schengen.
    Nah that's bollocks.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/14/perks-end-uk-eu-guy-verhofstadt
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

SeanT said:

FPT.

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

You do the Math.

Nah that's bollocks.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/14/perks-end-uk-eu-guy-verhofstadt
    That talks about the rebate, but specifies the other opt outs are permanent.

More fantasists:

The argument for leaving the single market is often focused around the need to end the free movement of people. However, we argue, and many experts agree, that changes to our immigration system can be made while keeping us inside it.
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,451

RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?
    Presumably he's referring to the EU27 accepting that the trade deal will form part of the Brexit talks, in stark contradiction to their starting position.

You mean the EU timetable set out in April that Davis said there'd be a war about in May and agreed to yesterday?

RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?

You mean the EU timetable set out in April that Davis said there'd be a war about in May and agreed to yesterday?

I had thought the EU's initial position was that there would be no trade talks until the exit deal was signed?
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,451
    SeanT said:

FPT.

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

You do the Math.

Nah that's bollocks.

Indeed - we just lose the Cameron concessions, which Leavers said were worthless anyway.

More fantasists:

The argument for leaving the single market is often focused around the need to end the free movement of people. However, we argue, and many experts agree, that changes to our immigration system can be made while keeping us inside it.
    I've not seen any desire on the EU side to change FoM.

RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?

No, I mean the timetable which has now been modified, the one which claimed that we couldn't even START talking about a trade deal until after we have left. It now turns out that we can start in a few weeks' time. It's an unqualified victory for the UK, and of course for common sense, but it's helpful that the UK press is pandering to the illusion that this is a 'win' for the EU27. We need to make sure they get some meaningless or illusory 'wins'.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 16,962

SeanT said:

FPT.

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

You do the Math.

Nah that's bollocks.
    Verhofstadt mentioned the budget rebate. He doesn't decide, however. I think the budget rebate world likely go but I doubt we would have to join Schengen or the Euro. The EU wouldn't rang the disruption either.
  • The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited June 2017
    Re the last thread, I think mass home-ownership as a thing in this country (for the future) is dead. As a nation we are going to have to change the way we see renting, and improve the situation for private renters, and it's as simple as that. Other European nations such as Germany have a high number of renters, and they don't seem to see it as a form of slavery - which is almost the way renting was characterised in the last thread.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

No way they said that. They were juniors in the party when the Shirley Porter scandal hit. I doubt they even thought it, but it would never have been said.

Clegg is a liar
  • BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    edited June 2017

RobD said:

Davis caved over Brexit?

Yes. It's simply a lie to say that the EU's position was that the trade deal wouldn't form part of the Brexit talks. The issue was the sequencing of those talks, and yesterday the UK accepted the EU's position.

We should know not to expect the truth from Leavers, particularly when the lies are written on public service vehicles.
    edited June 2017
    RobD said:

More fantasists:

I've not seen any desire on the EU side to change FoM.
    There is none. We've already been through this with Cameron; he got the maximum which was available, which wasn't much on that specific point, although the package as a whole was pretty good.
    DeClare said:

There was a poll of over 2000 LD members, it's on Wikipedia showing Lamb 1% ahead of Cable if all potential candidates are included. If it's just down to Cable and Lamb with the others excluded, Lamb is 4% ahead of Cable.

Both Lamb and Cable are from the SDP wing of the party but I would have thought the majority of their members come from the old Liberal wing. Former leader Charles Kennedy also came from the SDP.
    We shall see , I think the Swinsonites will mostly back Cable as the way to a Swinson succession in 3 or so years time .
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,571
    Charles said:

Pulpstar said:

They both party first.
    Yep......

Clegg:

No way they said that. They were juniors in the party when the Shirley Porter scandal hit. I doubt they even thought it, but it would never have been said.

Clegg is a liar
    I doubt it; it is the way many Tories think. I have heard precisely the same sentiment expressed in private by a senior Tory councillor.
This discussion has been closed.