Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Macron ends up doing even better than the exit polls

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    Artist said:

Doesn't Cable need to tap into the Labour vote to win Twickenham?

Nope, all he needed was the Green vote and he'd have won.

He's just screwed a load of Lib Dem candidates across the country.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,800
    Artist said:

Without alienating Tory Remainers, but he's just done that.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426

Artist said:

What the hell's he thinking? Isn't he ex-SDP? Wasn't he one of those who thought Labour had gone to far left in 1980s.

What the hell does he think they are like under Corbyn?

Bonkers on stilts.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    There was talk yesterday of Clegg being targeted by the Tories which was regarded as silly, give that they were third last time. Is he vulnerable to Labour this time if the tactical voting unwinds?
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Artist said:

What the hell's he thinking? Isn't he ex-SDP? Wasn't he one of those who thought Labour had gone to far left in 1980s.

Bonkers on stilts.

The hatred of Tories drives them insane.

• Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

Scott_P said:
    I see George Osborne has no plans to cease being a politician.
    I see from the top right of the cover pic that George Osborne has signed up Sebastian Coe, the well-known Tory sporting peer.
  • Options
    Sir Vince has persuaded me to vote Tory in Sheffield Hallam now.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,790

Artist said:

What has he done?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,967
    chestnut said:

Scott_P said:
    SNP under 40% increasingly looks a possibility.
    I think the SNP will hit 40%.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Artist said:

What has he done?
    https://order-order.com/2017/05/08/cable-and-olney-recorded-secretly-plotting-to-help-labour/
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    FF43 said:

Artist said:

What has he done?
    https://twitter.com/dmccaffreysky/status/861534979377041409
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm sure Corbyn's plans for a mansion tax and higher taxes for people earning over 80k pa will go down well in poverty stricken constituencies like Richmond Park and Twickenham
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554

Bonkers on stilts.

Wasn't Cable endorsing Caroline Lucas in Brighton the other day? So what parts of Labour and Green policy does he believe in?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited May 2017
    Isn't urging party members to vote against LibDem candidates a sacking offence in the LibDems?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

Scott_P said:
    SNP under 40% increasingly looks a possibility.
    I think the SNP will hit 40%.
    I think they are far more likely to than not, but I imagine them in the 39-43 range.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    The Lib Dems continue to amaze me - they may actually be running an even worse campaign than Corbyn's Labour.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Artist said:

What has he done?
    Will it cut through though?
  • Options
    walterwwalterw Posts: 71
    edited May 2017
    Scott_P

twitter.com/george_osborne/status/861538546737459200

Average of 3 years to get rid of a banker in France, 3 months in Switzerland & 3 days in London.

Going to be a stampede of banks moving to France.
  • Options

Isn't urging party members to vote against LibDem candidates a sacking offence in the LibDems?

Is in most parties.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,897

Scott_P said:

France: so useless with their own industries, they try to steal other country's?

Despite waiting ridiculous lengths of time at french supermarket check-outs while the staff tie pretty bows in peopIe's shopping I notice that their productivity is significantly higher than ours.

Maybe that has something to do with it?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554

I'm sure Corbyn's plans for a mansion tax and higher taxes for people earning over 80k pa will go down well in poverty stricken constituencies like Richmond Park and Twickenham

The only posters I saw up in Twickenham yesterday were all Lib Dem.
  • Options

Is in most parties.
    Except Labour obviously, where you can send out messages of support for a Class War candidate one year and the next year be writing the Labour manifesto.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

Do they even have sacking offences?
  • Options
    Most go out now. Play nicely folks.
  • Options
    I think people on here are grossly over-reacting to Cable's comments, and they won't get traction in the wider debate.

So he quite likes a liberal-leaning Labour MP and thinks people should look at who's running in their local seat and vote tactically. Well whoopee-doo. You're allowed to like people in other parties (hell, I bet there isn't a politician in the country who doesn't like some of their opponents better than some of their colleagues... and if there is, I'd view them with intense suspicion). And parties are forever asking for tactical votes in favour of themselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Do they even have sacking offences?
    Can the LDs replace him as candidate, or too late?

Edit: Answered my own question - it seems that 4pm on the 11th May is the deadline
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    This James Kelly chap is a wag is he not.

He says that the SNP standing still in percentage and going UP 100,000 in votes is a sign of peak Nat.

In which case what is Labour going DOWN 100,000 in votes - "freefall Lab" perhaps?
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,727

Scott_P said:
    I was surprised to see him stand down - despite the number of other jobs he has. Should we expect him back if Theresa fails?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I was surprised to see him stand down - despite the number of other jobs he has. Should we expect him back if Theresa fails?
    He's finished with politics.

He's done his duty for party and country.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    And David Milliband facing up against him? - My view is that these things are wildly unlikely.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    nunu said:

Scott_P said:
    SNP down to an 8% lead. Lol.

Let's have that second indy Ref then Nicola!!HAhahahahahah
    Slashing there 2012 council election lead where they had a 1% lead over Labour. Disasterous to increase there lead over second place by 7%
  • Options

Is in most parties.
    I don't think the Tories mind if you urge party members to vote against Lib Dem candidates ;)
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    QTWTAIDGN
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205

This could be terminal for the Lib Dems. I can imagine the Tories saying something like "if you think it's safe to vote for the Lib Dems, it's not."
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292

FF43 said:

Artist said:

What has he done?
    Cable was one of the worst coalition members. Spent most of his time playing silly buggers to screw the tories rather than Alexander, lamb, Webb getting on trying to do the best job they could.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,727
    Essexit said:

Scott_P said:
    QTWTAIDGN
    Question to which the answer is DGN?
    Baffles Google:

Showing results for QTWTAIN
    No results found for QTWTAIDGN
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

I see Sir Vince Cable and Sarah Olney have done a huge favour for Theresa May and Zac Goldsmith.

I hope Dr Tania wins. I think Zac is a total cock, mind. So I'm not sure what I want to happen in Richmond Park.
    He had a 6 year affair as a married man. That's unforgivable.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Scott_P said:
    And David Milliband facing up against him? - My view is that these things are wildly unlikely.
    Whilst I'd not bet on these things as the prices aren't great, I'd not go so far as to say "wildly unlikely". Both Miliband (D) and Osborne have left the door ajar, and they are both relatively young (Osborne has 15 years on May, Miliband has 16 on Corbyn).

Osborne in particular has gone into a highly political position, where he can snipe from under the cover of "I'm just the editor... if others write stories, I just correct the grammar". He'll see how it goes. May has one more election in her (if that) and new big beasts might or might not have emerged by the mid-2020s - but he'll hardly look at the current Cabinet and think himself yesterday's man.
  • Options
    PatrickPatrick Posts: 225
    Since I've been an enforced lurker for a few days due to Vanilla gremlins, here's my take on the two main political events of the last week:
    1. Locals. Hahahaha. UKIP are dead. SNP in full retreat. Labour has cancer, tuberculosis, aids, Alzheimers, incontinence and syphilis all at once. Squibs - meh. I think my view of differential turnout is dead right. At the GE we are going to see an army of motivated Tories and ex-Kippers going out to vote and an army of others finding they have better things to do on the day. I certainly enjoyed voting in a local election for the first time ever - I even got to chat with my candidate.
    2. France. Pas de surprise la. Higher Macron share than I expected but also a low turnout. The ENA wins again. This will keep the EU alive longer than I would have liked. C'est la vie. Anyway, congrats to Macron. or...Le Big Mac as Metro called him this morning, which I rather liked.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    walterw said:

Scott_P

Average of 3 years to get rid of a banker in France, 3 months in Switzerland & 3 days in London.

That's if they can get through the piles of burning tyres that will soon blockade the northern ports.
  • Options
    EssexmanEssexman Posts: 19
    Omnium said:

I see Sir Vince Cable and Sarah Olney have done a huge favour for Theresa May and Zac Goldsmith.

Undermines Farron and boosts the Tories!

Hope it's Long-Bailey in the BBC debate.
    Vince Cable and Sarah Olney have been recorded telling members they should collaborate with Labour - great ammunition for Lynton Crosby in his seat targeting.

I hope it's Diane Abbott in the TV debate.
  • Options

Is in most parties.
    Urging electors to vote against LibDem candidates is NOT a sacking offence in the Conservatives !
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    TudorRose said:

walterw said:

Scott_P

That's if they can get through the piles of burning tyres that will soon blockade the northern ports.

But there has to be business in London in the first place. They are not thinking of moving to Frankfurt for fun !
This discussion has been closed.