Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Tory Keogh report offensive appears to have had no impa

13»

Comments

• Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Next

'It's still a good a idea to start to destabilise Labour on it, you don't know when the "Ratner" tipping point will come, and Labour destroy their own brand image on the NHS.'

It's funny watching PB's finest lefties explode with hatred when NHS patients get asked for their opinions.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Where is Howells back yard? ..Prescott should be howling for Fracking in his area but maybe he hasn't been allowed to
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    I assume Howell was talking about Yorkshire, who knows really

Cheeky ;-)
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    Most improper of Lord Howell to say something which might be construed as suggesting that the benefits of fracking should be disproportionately concentrated in his son-in-law's constituency.
  • Options
    Chris Ship @chrisshipitv

My summary of Lord Howell words on #fracking (he's Osborne's father in law too): Frack the North East-no one cares but leave the South alone

RichardDodd,and this guy reports the news.
  • Options
    MontyMonty Posts: 346
    Next said:

The "who's best for the NHS" will take a while to turn around.

It's still a good a idea to start to destabilise Labour on it, you don't know when the "Ratner" tipping point will come, and Labour destroy their own brand image on the NHS.

Anyway, if the Tories don't go on the attack, you can bet Labour will try and blame them for Labour's own mistakes.

You can't turn it around for these reasons:
    1. A lot of people fundamentally mistrust the Tories on the NHS because a lot of Tories are on record as wanting to get rid of it.
    2. Even those that don't want to get rid of it, don't see a problem with privatising it.
    3. Most of the public don't like points 1 & 2.
    4. You can only dissuade them of that by making it better at the point of delivery (whilst still free). Even if the changes you are doing now were a good thing (and I don't think they are), the disruption caused by change will make the NHS worse (arguably in the short term if you believe in the changes).
    5. The disruption means that that the NHS is a toxic issue for the Tories still and will be at the time of the next election.

But by all means give it a go. As a Labour supporter I'd much rather the Tories were talking about the NHS than something that is harmful to Labour .

• Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Norhern Echo current headline: Let fracking take place in the "desolate" North-East, says southern based peer
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    @tim - The comment I saw referred to the North, but if it's the North East then of course frack away.
  • Options
    Chris Ship @chrisshipitv

Not sure Lord Howell read the "How-Not-To-Sound-Out-Of-Touch" Manual before he suggested #fracking the "desolate" North East
  • Options
    If I owned land in the South East corner of the UK and there was gas down there then get Fracking boys..this is my account number..
  • Options

Norhern Echo current headline: Let fracking take place in the "desolate" North-East, says southern based peer

The tories should be on this straight away by saying it will bring jobs to the area,jobs,jobs,jobs.

• Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Hendry is stepping down in 2015. Already preparing himself for his future career
  • Options
    I think some of those "Mining communities devastated by Thatcher" would be glad to have some fracking done there ..
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Someone should contact the National Trust:

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/article-1356395993885/

'The rugged, desolate moors in Marsden and North Yorkshire are an intrinsic part of this landscape'
  • Options
    For most sane people, the NHS is neither a religion, nor the shambles that posters on here want it to be. Danny Boyle's gala was a little over the top, but so were many of the reactions against it.
    The trouble with the NHS, is our politicians get involved with it far to much, sanctifying it, or vilifying it according to their political agenda.
    Normal people just want whatever system that is in place to work , and be accessible, timely, and not too traumatic. On the whole, the NHS manages that, despite of, not because of, our political masters.
    On the whole, I don't trust any of our parties to "save" the NHS. It actually just wants saving from politicians, both internal, and Westminster based.
  • Options

The tories should be on this straight away by saying it will bring jobs to the area,jobs,jobs,jobs.

Good news = jobs to the area ,bad news =minor earthquakes,it's your choice ;-)

• Options
    Oh dear,story getting bigger.

Fracking OK for 'desolate' North East, says Tory peer

Fracking should be carried out in the North East of England, where there are large, "desolate" areas, a former energy secretary has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23505723#
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 662
    new thread
This discussion has been closed.