Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Next month’s Super Mayoral elections – the starting points for

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2017
    Pong said:

"Bookmakers' software under scrutiny"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39493437

OMG....do some google searching for Iovation, Greg Pierson and online poker / ulimate bet ...and your jaw will hit the ground.

CliffNotes:- Biggest cheating scandal in online poker history, the software platform was written by the people who setup Iovation and the scandal involved "super users" in the company spying on players to see their cards and steal their money.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    For every seat they'd lose to the LDs they'd probably pick up 2 or 3 from Labour.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    Is that with or without resorting to illegal tactics?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    They could lose up to half a dozen seats to the Lib Dems will gaining 50 or 60 from Labour.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    welshowl said:

calum said:
    The question is whether there will be a tipping point when wider the Scottish political class begins to see it as inevitable. It's quite plausible to imagine a scenario in which the next referendum is almost a formality.
    Which is fair comment. It may come to that. It may not. We shall see.

Question: As Mr Farron and others have wanted on the EU, should, in your view, there be one or two referendums? One on the principle of independence, and one on the exit terms when agreed with rUK? Or just one and let's see what we negotiate.

Genuinely intrigued.
    In the case of Scottish independence, a Yes vote would be a vote in favour of the Scottish government's plan so they should just get on with it.

The result of the EU referendum is more complicated to deal with because it set a new course against previous government policy. Again I think I'd be against a second referendum unless there was a genuine choice on the table and the government didn't think parliament would give enough legitimacy to their preferred option. The problem is that if it all goes wrong then there may be little choice.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    Mr. Pulpstar, I wonder if Betdaq are in a Branston beans scenario versus Betfair Heinz.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Good post. It’s very difficult for people to criticise the Israeli Government as those who oppose them on other matters immediately accuse the speaker of anti-semitism, thereby promoting themselves as ‘of the light’.

Mr Cole, it really isn't difficult to criticise the Israeli government. "I think the Israeli government's decision to build a new settlement on the West Bank is wrong and unhelpful". See it is that easy.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

welshowl said:

calum said:
    The question is whether there will be a tipping point when wider the Scottish political class begins to see it as inevitable. It's quite plausible to imagine a scenario in which the next referendum is almost a formality.

Question: As Mr Farron and others have wanted on the EU, should, in your view, there be one or two referendums? One on the principle of independence, and one on the exit terms when agreed with rUK? Or just one and let's see what we negotiate.

Genuinely intrigued.
    In the case of Scottish independence, a Yes vote would be a vote in favour of the Scottish government's plan so they should just get on with it.

The result of the EU referendum is more complicated to deal with because it set a new course against previous government policy. Again I think I'd be against a second referendum unless there was a genuine choice on the table and the government didn't think parliament would give enough legitimacy to their preferred option. The problem is that if it all goes wrong then there may be little choice.
    Thanks
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    welshowl said:

calum said:

Genuinely intrigued.
    Pointless giving the nationalists in Scotland anymore democratic referendums as they aren't prepared to respect the results.

• Options
    Incidentally, I suspect I might be the only person here who hasn't seen it yet (and also wants to) but The 100 starts again tonight on terrestrial TV, 9pm on E4, I think.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

Good post. It’s very difficult for people to criticise the Israeli Government as those who oppose them on other matters immediately accuse the speaker of anti-semitism, thereby promoting themselves as ‘of the light’.

Mr Cole, it really isn't difficult to criticise the Israeli government. "I think the Israeli government's decision to build a new settlement on the West Bank is wrong and unhelpful". See it is that easy.
    It's very easy to criticise Israel without being anti-Semitic. Just avoid saying things like "I think the Israelis are no different from the Nazis", or "Zionists control Western politics."
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,811

Exactly. Someone might still claim that is anti Semitic, but in the absence of other evidence such a claim would clearly be bogus. Simple.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sean_F said:

It's very easy to criticise Israel without being anti-Semitic. Just avoid saying things like "I think the Israelis are no different from the Nazis", or "Zionists control Western politics."
    But then the right wing Jewish run Zionist supporting media will spin your words against you and give you a bad press (or some such conspiracy) ;-)

Now what was Jezza saying about the media yesterday...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,973

twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/849646576016535553

Is that with or without resorting to illegal tactics?
    Careful - I am not sure that has been proven in a court of law.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    The Guardian have one live blog running at the moment. It's not on Syria, Saudi Arabia, Europe or Trump. It's on Ken.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,215

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

Indeed. Overuse of the cry "racism" or "anti-Semitism" for things which are neither risks people dismissing real racism and anti-Semitism when they rear their ugly heads. And the plain fact is that these are real problems which lead to real crimes against real people.

Given the long history of abusive and hateful language used about Jews over centuries it behoves intelligent and decent people to be careful about not using the sort of language which has, as we know all too well, been used to engender a climate in which the most appalling action could be taken against Jews. And we should realize that there are - sadly - too many people out there who do use such language and other weaselly euphemisms precisely because they do want to engender such hate and do not accept either the right of Israel to exist or, in some cases, the right of Jews to exist.

Dehumanising people is the first step to .... well, we know exactly what it can - and has in recent memory in our continent - led to. It is beyond sad that it should need saying in this day and age when discussing a party which once used to stand against fascists and anti-semites and violent cults.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030
    edited April 2017
    TOPPING said:

Ignoring the fact that Lab would "lose seats" also so it's a price worth paying for the Cons.

I'm happy if the LDs get some traction. Who knows, in 40 years time we might rejoin the EU.
    The single market maybe, not the EU which now we are leaving will become an ever more Federalist block focused on the Eurozone
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

The Guardian have one live blog running at the moment. It's not on Syria, Saudi Arabia, Europe or Trump. It's on Ken.

TBH, given they had a live blog running for nearly a day on legs-it gate, not sure that is a good test of what is an important news story...
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    edited April 2017
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

Indeed. Overuse of the cry "racism" or "anti-Semitism" for things which are neither risks people dismissing real racism and anti-Semitism when they rear their ugly heads. And the plain fact is that these are real problems which lead to real crimes against real people.

Given the long history of abusive and hateful language used about Jews over centuries it behoves intelligent and decent people to be careful about not using the sort of language which has, as we know all too well, been used to engender a climate in which the most appalling action could be taken against Jews. And we should realize that there are - sadly - too many people out there who do use such language and other weaselly euphemisms precisely because they do want to engender such hate and do not accept either the right of Israel to exist or, in some cases, the right of Jews to exist.

Dehumanising people is the first step to .... well, we know exactly what it can - and has in recent memory in our continent - led to. It is beyond sad that it should need saying in this day and age when discussing a party which once used to stand against fascists and anti-semites and violent cults.
    What about EUracism?

https://youtu.be/EeUucJ_txKw
  • Options

calum said:
    The SNP would have to win a majority in Holyrood first in that year's elections
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,215
    isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

I can't open the clip. What is being said? I confess I have not heard of the term "EUracism". What does it mean?

• Options
    Cyclefree said:

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

I can't open the clip. What is being said? I confess I have not heard of the term "EUracism". What does it mean?

Wanting to stop FOM from the EU is racist etc
  • Options

You are, as often happens, quite right. Basic statements like that are acceptable. However, it’s when one asks the supplementary 'why do you think that the Israeli decision......’ that the trouble arises.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930

Pong said:

"Bookmakers' software under scrutiny"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39493437

OMG....do some google searching for Iovation, Greg Pierson and online poker / ulimate bet ...and your jaw will hit the ground.

CliffNotes:- Biggest cheating scandal in online poker history, the software platform was written by the people who setup Iovation and the scandal involved "super users" in the company spying on players to see their cards and steal their money.
    At least with betting on politics it is pretty much impossible to be cheated in this way.

Pokerwise the candidates hold the following cards according to Betfair's odds.

Ad As Macron 59.38% 56.6%
    5h 4h Le Pen 20.58% 21.9%
    8d 6d Fillon 15.00% 16.4%
    Ac 8s Melenchon 2.02% 3.6%
  • Options
    isam said:

Cyclefree said:

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

Surely ‘I want to stop those Poles cos there’s too many of them” is racist, whereas I want to stop those Polish plumbers because they’re undercutting me’ isn’t.
    Or is it?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

Surely ‘I want to stop those Poles cos there’s too many of them” is racist, whereas I want to stop those Polish plumbers because they’re undercutting me’ isn’t.
    Or is it?
    What about "its Romanians nicking fridge motors"?

https://order-order.com/2017/04/05/labour-councillor-says-romanians-nick-fridge-motors/
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908

Is Alan Duncan anti semitic?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/israeli-embassy-official-take-down-pro-palestinian-mps-video-sir-alan-duncan-shai-masot-maria-a7515511.html
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Europe Elects‏ @EuropeElects 4m4 minutes ago

France: #LePen (FN-ENF) at all time record high at Ifop poll against #Macron (EM-*) in second round: 40.5%. #Sondage
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I see Hug a Hitler Ken is now blaming all his troubles on Paul Staines. I mean the fact he keeps saying Hitler 10 times per interview and constantly repeats a debunked conspiracy theory in every interview for the past 6 months is obviously all the work of Staines.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    AndyJS said:

Personally I think that's absolutely deplorable and from the Guardian too !!

It should be Ken and Barbie ............ Klaus Barbie .......
  • Options

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

Or is it?
    What about "its Romanians nicking fridge motors"?

https://order-order.com/2017/04/05/labour-councillor-says-romanians-nick-fridge-motors/
    Why are there so many discarded fridges?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,333
    Why are we discussing FOM from the EU? It's set to continue for years to come according to Tezza.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

isam said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

What about EUracism?

Or is it?
    I wouldn't say discriminating against someone of the same race is racist even if it is unpleasant. Farage once accused Scottish people of racism against the English, which I wouldn't say is possible on a wide scale. Xenophobic, maybe, although with EU immigration it is more economic reality (for poorer people) I would say.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Why are we discussing FOM from the EU? It's set to continue for years to come according to Tezza.

Not too many more though.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

I see Hug a Hitler Ken is now blaming all his troubles on Paul Staines. I mean the fact he keeps saying Hitler 10 times per interview and constantly repeats a debunked conspiracy theory in every interview for the past 6 months is obviously all the work of Staines.

At least it makes a change from Ken, blaming the Jewish Chronicle...
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @WikiGuido: Rumours that Mark Reckless is about to quit UKIP. He is not answering phone or replying to texts and UKIP HQ cannot get hold of him either.
  • Options

At least it makes a change from Ken, blaming the Jewish Chronicle...
    He can't blame the Jews for everything, going for the Irish Catholics this time ;-)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@WikiGuido: Rumours that Mark Reckless is about to quit UKIP. He is not answering phone or replying to texts and UKIP HQ cannot get hold of him either.

Nooooooooo
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Scott_P said:

Paging TSE....Better make some room in your party, old fat arse might be about to land back with you.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Please Dear Allah, don't let Mark Reckless rejoin the Tories.

I can't say the word c**t but Mark Reckless is a f**king c**t who deserves a hot poker up his arse.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, maybe one day he'll be your MP?

Maybe he'll be joining the Galactic Empire, or whatever Banks' new party is called.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    chestnut said:

Europe Elects‏ @EuropeElects 4m4 minutes ago

France: #LePen (FN-ENF) at all time record high at Ifop poll against #Macron (EM-*) in second round: 40.5%. #Sondage

Macron and Le Pen tied in round 1, Fillon 2% ahead of Melenchon
    https://m.facebook.com/EuropeElects/posts/601693383360671
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Hollywood film star's Burnley premiere sells one ticket ....

Was Mike Smithson eating a tub of ice-cream at the cinema that day ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39501196
  • Options

Maybe he'll be joining the Galactic Empire, or whatever Banks' new party is called.

I don't know why but it reminds me of this...

Apparently, following his last onscreen appearance in Revenge of the Sith Jar Jar was shunned and ostracised by his own people, with his role in expanding the war powers of Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmuid) correctly seen as paving the way for the Empire (see video below)

Presumably thrown out of politics (he was, slightly improbably, a senator last time we saw him) Jar Jar is now reduced to performing as a clown for children on his home planet, while adults continue to shun him.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-02-17/the-fate-of-star-wars-jar-jar-binks-has-been-revealed--and-its-really-depressing
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I don't know why but it reminds me of this...

Apparently, following his last onscreen appearance in Revenge of the Sith Jar Jar was shunned and ostracised by his own people, with his role in expanding the war powers of Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmuid) correctly seen as paving the way for the Empire (see video below)

Presumably thrown out of politics (he was, slightly improbably, a senator last time we saw him) Jar Jar is now reduced to performing as a clown for children on his home planet, while adults continue to shun him.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-02-17/the-fate-of-star-wars-jar-jar-binks-has-been-revealed--and-its-really-depressing
    Yoda and all the Jedi and all the non corrupt senators never saw Palpatine coming, i think they deserve more blame than an irritating patsy like Jar Jar - anyone could have proposed the war powers motion.!
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Scott_P said:

I can't say the word c**t but Mark Reckless is a f**king c**t who deserves a hot poker up his arse.
    Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I think TSE is being too kind, he is an utter ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* spanner.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908

Scott_P said:

How does it work? Is he just allowed to rejoin if he wants?
    Presumably he will never get selected as a candidate again?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,760
    Scott_P said:

David Coburn next......?
  • Options
    And I thought today couldn't get worse in scrap towers... football still to come too. the omens are not good.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Jeremy Corbyn says he wants Ken Livingstone to 'help Labour win elections', despite furious Hitler row

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/05/ken-livingstone-row-david-miliband-grieves-labour-jewish-peer/

Jezza really has a way of saying things.
  • Options

Indeed - even if he believes, even if he is right, that what he said initially was indeed ok, it never seems to occur to idiots like him that such a furore can only keep going because of the boneheaded behaviour of the person at the centre. Manufactured outrage has a shelf life, idiots like Ken douse themselves in petrol, set a match and then object to people roasting marshmellows on him.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Me at the 2014 Tory conference.

Q: 'What's the difference between Mark Reckless & Judas Iscariot?'

A: Judas had the decency to hang himself after his betrayal
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,011
    Sean_F said:

They could lose up to half a dozen seats to the Lib Dems will gaining 50 or 60 from Labour.
    I think the issue is more that MPs who face LibDem opposition might not be lining up to vote for an early General Election.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

He’s been banished to Wales for Christ sake, have some pity for the old toss pot…
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Scott_P said:

He’s been banished to Wales for Christ sake, have some pity for the old toss pot…
    Bit harsh on Wales
  • Options

Scott_P said:

David Coburn next......?
    Unlikely, he is Scottish UKIP leader and has never been a Tory as far as I know
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Mark is actually alright on a personal level, I once studied with him at the College of Law and went to his flatwarming and Daniel Hannan also turned up briefly passing round brie
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,735
    HYUFD said:

Mark is actually alright on a personal level, I once studied with him at the College of Law and went to his flatwarming and Daniel Hannah also turned up briefly passing round brie

Presumably that's Dan Hannan, and not (as would be far more interesting and as I read it initially, Daryl Hannah)
  • Options

Scott_P said:

The fucker should be banished to the Islamic State.

That traitorous pig dog defector's actions nearly made Ed Miliband Prime Minister.

If we're going to use Henry VIII powers during Brexit, I'm in favour of using the powers Henry VIII used on people that pissed him off. You know, hung, drawn, quartered, thrown into boiling vats.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Scott_P said:

That traitorous pig dog defector's actions nearly made Ed Miliband Prime Minister.

If we're going to use Henry VIII powers during Brexit, I'm in favour of using the powers Henry VIII used on people that pissed him off. You know, hung, drawn, quartered, thrown into boiling vats.
    The plot thickens...

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/849668625514586112
  • Options
    Mr. Urquhart, a fitting fate for Jar Jar.
  • Options
    Lennon said:

HYUFD said:

Mark is actually alright on a personal level, I once studied with him at the College of Law and went to his flatwarming and Daniel Hannah also turned up briefly passing round brie

Presumably that's Dan Hannan, and not (as would be far more interesting and as I read it initially, Daryl Hannah)
    She would certainly have made a splash!
  • Options

Scott_P said:

The plot thickens...

Like Caesar became a byword for Emperor, Reckless will become a byword for Traitorous sub-human vile cretins who stab people in the front.

I'm going to log off now because I know I'm going to use the sort of language about Mark Reckless that Mike bans people for,

In fact I was wrong to call Mark Reckless a c**t, as he has neither the warmth or the depth.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Lennon said:

HYUFD said:

Daryl Hannah is welcome to my stinking bishop....
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,865

Like Caesar became a byword for Emperor, Reckless will become a byword for Traitorous sub-human vile cretins who stab people in the front.

I'm going to log off now because I know I'm going to use the sort of language about Mark Reckless that Mike bans people for,

In fact I was wrong to call Mark Reckless a c**t, as he has neither the warmth or the depth.

Presumably the Welsh Conservatives can decide if they want him back - and they may not.

• Options

Scott_P said:

David Coburn next......?
    Neil Hamilton is all that is leaving UKIP with any respectability.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2017
    Shropshire UA:

Based on a brief perusal, the Kippers are standing in 9 divisions as opposed to 27 last time. Only one uncontested division as opposed to about a half dozen last time but aaaaagggghhhhh - It's mine where the Tory incumbent is unopposed. No election for me.

Suspect there will be relatively few changes as Tories dominate anyway. Among the more interesting Divisions to watch will be Bayston Hill etc., which elects 3, all Labour at the last election. I expect the LD's will pick up a couple elsewhere in South Shropshire.

The Greens have put up an excellent slate, perhaps buoyed by picking up an Oswestry Division following the resignation in disgrace last year of Tory Leader Keith Barrow. Be good to see if they can build on that.

Generally, it looks to me like there may have been some low level unofficial co-operation between LD and Lab in Shrewsbury Divisions over who stands where.

• Options

Scott_P said:

Of course if Judas hadn't betrayed Christ he would never have been crucified and his deity would never have been demonstrated ... apparently
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,403

Scott_P said:

The plot thickens...

I've heard he might be interested in becoming PPC for Sheffield Hallam.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Scott_P said:

The plot thickens...

Yes, dear, you go off and have a nice lie down in a darkened room. Perhaps bathe your temples with eau de cologne as well. You never know, when you wake up you might have turned back into that witty, well-informed poster that used to be such a credit to this site.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080

Scott_P said:

Of course if Judas hadn't betrayed Christ he would never have been crucified and his deity would never have been demonstrated ... apparently
    Perhaps when Theresa May welcomes him back she can deliver a message about the meaning of Easter.
  • Options
    If even the TPD is defecting, surely it's game over for UKIP?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,298
    Ken is sounding off again on LBC right now, explaining all about Hitler and the Jews
  • Options

Scott_P said:

The plot thickens...

I've heard he might be interested in becoming PPC for Sheffield Hallam.
    I'd be happy with that, I could write 'Mark Reckless is a [moderated]' on the ballot paper.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    IanB2 said:

Ken is sounding off again on LBC right now, explaining all about Hitler and the Jews

he is powerless and and old man, he just wants to be banned.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    IanB2 said:

Anyone still keepiing a tally on the number of times today Ken has mentioned Hitler?

I think he's going for the record...

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Anyone know why when we see the Euro parliament on TV Britain always appears to be represented by Farage? There must be Tory and Labour MEPs around somewhere.

Is this just an editorial decision by the British TV stations to add a bit of spice? It's hugely embarrassing implying to those in the EU who watch our TV that this grotesque represents anyone other than himself.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Roger said:

Anyone know why when we see the Euro parliament on TV Britain always appears to be represented by Farage? There must be Tory and Labour MEPs around somewhere.

Is this just an editorial decision by the British TV stations to add a bit of spice? It's hugely embarrassing implying to those in the EU who watch our TV that this grotesque represents anyone other than himself.

a) He's the only one anyone will have heard of..

b) He's bound to have said something interesting, compared to the others

So yeah, it's a spice issue.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,203
    Roger said:

He's a complete embarrassment. And yes, our TV stations seem to like giving him the Oxygen of publicity.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    Labour pitching to those UKIP voters......

Regarding the transitional arrangement for EU citizens:

Labour's Brexit spokesman, Paul Blomfield, said: "It is less than a week since the prime minister triggered Article 50, and it seems every day brings another broken promise."
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Labour's Brexit spokesman, Paul Blomfield, said: "It is less than a week since the prime minister triggered Article 50, and it seems every day brings another broken promise."

I thought Starmer was the Brexit spokesman?
  • Options
    Roger said:

It's still part of the Remain mindset that lost them the Referendum. "Let's just laugh at the twat....thank God he is such a marginal figure, nobody in their right minds could ever share....oh...shit...."
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    Roger said:

Roger said:

Boxoffice. Star quality. Farage is incomparably the most famous MEP. As an adman you must recognize this.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Roger said:

Roger said:

Boxoffice. Star quality. Farage is incomparably the most famous MEP. As an adman you must recognize this.
    Plus if you want a quote from a senior Tory, Labour or Lib Dem you go to Westminster. Want a quote from a senior Kipper then go to the European Parliament which means Farage.

Why show Hannan speaking in the European Parliament for the Tory line when you can show May, Boris or Davis etc?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    kle4 said:

Pulpstar said:

I thought Starmer was the Brexit spokesman?
    Starmer is Shadow Brexit Secretary. Surely the spokesman works for him?
  • Options
    Hannan handing round Brie? Oh the ignominy.

What's wrong with Red Leicester?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,964
    TOPPING said:

Like so many Eurosceptics Hannan is a great European. Unlike the EU which brings shame to the continent.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Like so many Eurosceptics Hannan is a great European. Unlike the EU which brings shame to the continent.
    Bit early to be on the sauce Richard.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Roger said:

Which tells us what a faux parliament it is. How many people could actually name their MEP?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Which tells us what a faux parliament it is. How many people could actually name their MEP?
    MEPs - they'll have many for their region of course.

I tested myself and I got 3 out of 6, not bad at all. But in my job I have cause to check out the names now and again.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    Roger said:

Farage can be quite funny...
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    https://twitter.com/JournoStephen/status/849607267053957120

Interesting. I wonder how it's the fault of Westminster/Brexit/English Tories this time?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Interesting. I wonder how it's the fault of Westminster/Brexit/English Tories this time?

Ed says Scotland's flatlining....or is he saying hello to Ken?
  • Options

Willfully blocking exploitation of those secret oilfields....
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

It's boringly predictable and is known as the Quebec Effect. The SNP isn't working, in fact, it's driving economic activity out of Scotland into England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Roger said:

Farage can be quite funny...
    If you watch Euronews they are not selective and the conservatives do contribute. Indeed the conservative leader Syed Kamall chose out of respect not to contribute and his fellow MEPs were grateful. I heard Farage today and he was good but winds them all up to the point it is not a positive for Brexit.

I believe the narrative has moved on from the extremes be it Farage or died in the wool remainers .
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,169

chestnut said:

Ed says Scotland's flatlining....or is he saying hello to Ken?

Willfully blocking exploitation of those secret oilfields....

It's boringly predictable and is known as the Quebec Effect. The SNP isn't working, in fact, it's driving economic activity out of Scotland into England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
    A daisychain, how exciting!
This discussion has been closed.