Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,078

Plods not saying much

He didn't, did he
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,995
    Jonathan said:

Was the threat level raised?

I think it is still severe - which means an attack is highly likely. Highest level (critical) is used when an attack is expected imminently.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    RobD said:

Thread by NYT correspondent - reasons to suspect this is ISIS, and why it hasn't happened sooner...
    https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/844585800352223232

Interesting - apparently ISIS find it hard to recruit people to attack the UK. I wonder why that is?
    hmmm - how many people doing time for trying to set up terror attacks in UK?

We have been lucky and we have reasonably proficient security services.

• Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Plods not saying much

They have the most awful press conferences.

They need to go back and redesign the format and content.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Plods not saying much

He didn't, did he
    There is very little that can be said 2 hours from the start of the incident.

I would much prefer they say what is absolutely necessary and certain only later giving a full picture.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Thread by NYT correspondent - reasons to suspect this is ISIS, and why it hasn't happened sooner...

Interesting - apparently ISIS find it hard to recruit people to attack the UK. I wonder why that is?
    They know ordinary Brits kick terrorists so hard in balls that we break a toe.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    PlatoSaid said:

Neotaster
    ISIS's November 2016 issue of Rumiyah Magazine also promoted vehicular/knife attacks: https://t.co/sfg7OJKDSj

Mow people down until car is stopped, then stab/shoot until you are stopped. Same MO as Nice, Berlin, and numerous attacks in Israel.

The second issue of AQAP's Inspire Magazine in 2010 featured an article calling for vehicular attacks: https://t.co/bImgqi9Cqb

Vehicles have been used as weapons in a number of attacks in a number of countries.

As MD has mentioned not all have been picked up by the media.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

Plods not saying much

He didn't, did he

I would much prefer they say what is absolutely necessary and certain only later giving a full picture.
    hmmm

it does however leave the rumour mill free to mill, I'd have thought gaining control of the news agenda might work better
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited March 2017

What was notable about Paris was because of our history with the IRA we are much better than our continental counterparts at tracking the purchase and distribution of bomb making materials, like bleach and fertiliser. Obviously we learnt that the hard way.

The French have had plenty of experience as well, though, from dealing with the Algerian-linked terror groups in the 90s.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    TOPPING said:

glw said:

Am about to fly from Gatwick to Belfast. Just before getting on the Tube, I had a phone call from the NI flight booker checking I was OK following the terrorist incident in London.

How times change.

Notwithstanding the seriousness of what has happened today that's a cheerful note. A huge amount of progress has been made in Northern Ireland, and I hope that it continues to remain broadly peaceful, and that the politicians there get back to business as soon as possible.

Good security and politics can beat the extremists.
    Different type of extremist.
    For sure, but I do believe that they are beatable, and it won't be due to upending our way of life, or giving in to them. We are strong (militarily, politically, culturally), and they are weak, which is why they are resorting to using vehicles as weapons, and are armed with knives. If we can beat the IRA, who were much better organised and armed, we can sure as hell beat these idiots.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    LBC saying police officer died
  • Options

RobD said:

They know ordinary Brits kick terrorists so hard in balls that we break a toe.
    nonsense you force her maj to have tea with them
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405
    Jonathan said:

Was the threat level raised?

Next one up is prior intelligence of an attack.
  • Options

Plods not saying much

He didn't, did he

hmmm

it does however leave the rumour mill free to mill, I'd have thought gaining control of the news agenda might work better
    In a world of 24 hour news channels and social media, there is nothing that the Met can do to control the news agenda. All they can do is give out what is necessary and correct.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,008
    Blimey, I was just mulling over whether to go into London to get the train down to Brighton.. don't think I will bother

What horrendous news.

For perspective, Martin McGuinness was the man behind attacks like these 30 years ago, and yesterday Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell seemed close to tears at his death, while Norman Tebbit was outed as a Jimmy Saville apologist for not forgiving him.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,370
    PlatoSaid said:

I disagree. I was working on a newsdesk when ISIS beheading videos came in. Worst thing I've ever had to see. I would have preferred that we had not shown any footage from any of them, rather than even the edited versions we did show. These people WANT their death-cult propaganda. I say f*** 'em. Put up stills as tributes to their victims but don't give them the terrorist coverage they crave.

Pfft - there's no comparison with beheading videos and seeing run over people with pixelated faces.
    I agree with Lucian - our general media tendency to get maximum drama out of everything is catnip for terrorists. Clearly when people have been killed and injured it's very serious and people will want to know all the facts. But screaming headlines, gory pictures, etc.? No thanks. Let's soberly congratulate the police on what sounds like an excellent job, commiserate with the victims, make a statement on any lessons for security, and move on.

As for plato and notme trying to use it to score political points, a little bit of restraint for 24 hours or so might be good, from any political viewpoint whatever. There's a time for political jibes, and a time to have a short pause.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,791
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Con MSP not happy

Jackson Carlaw MSP‏Verified account @Carlaw4Eastwood 6m6 minutes ago

Absolutely disgraceful conduct from @strathearnrose in response to PO suspension of @ScotParl - totally unbecoming.

What was the disgraceful conduct?
    May be related to this

Monica Lennon‏Verified account @MonicaLennon7 31m31 minutes ago

Monica Lennon Retweeted Jamie Ross
    Disappointed to hear groans coming from the SNP benches in response to a request for business being suspended.
    I think it's fair to say some Nats have not covered themselves in glory today.....
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,925
    Just catching up with this now.

How awful!
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Floater said:

PlatoSaid said:

Neotaster
    ISIS's November 2016 issue of Rumiyah Magazine also promoted vehicular/knife attacks: https://t.co/sfg7OJKDSj

Mow people down until car is stopped, then stab/shoot until you are stopped. Same MO as Nice, Berlin, and numerous attacks in Israel.

The second issue of AQAP's Inspire Magazine in 2010 featured an article calling for vehicular attacks: https://t.co/bImgqi9Cqb

Vehicles have been used as weapons in a number of attacks in a number of countries.

As MD has mentioned not all have been picked up by the media.
    The student Ohio campus attack was another with same MO

• Options

Plods not saying much

He didn't, did he

hmmm

In a world of 24 hour news channels and social media, there is nothing that the Met can do to control the news agenda. All they can do is give out what is necessary and correct.
    by saying zit they are leaving the journos free to go feral

they could give an official statement on the number of dead and injured instead junior doctors are now the main source
  • Options
    Wouldn't fancy being at Germany vs England tonight

Anyone fancy Essex for that PB drink next week?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Sad day, but maybe while we remember the dead and offer our condolences to their families we should not obsess on the attack and its 'success' but celebrate the efficacy of Parliament as it stands unsullied and protected from the terrorist insurgent(s).

We should celebrate and trumpet the bravery and success of the security forces and relentlessly tell the terrorists that they have failed. The target, Parliament is left without even having the outer ring of protection breached.

There are two things that will dispirit the likes of ISIS, failure and ridicule. Destroy them with humour as well as good security and watch them fail and tell them they failed.
  • Options
    Evening Standard
    'Man ran past me and plunged knife into police officer' https://t.co/DLZ3P1hNd6
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    So, do we think this is a lone wolf, or will there be secondary attacks to coincide with the evening rush hour?

(I might have a personal stake in the answer to this question.)
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    A woman has been pulled ALIVE from the River Thames
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    "Tobias Ellwood, the foreign minister, attempted to save the life of the policeman who was stabbed just inside the gates of the parliamentary estate.

The Tory MP attempted to give the officer mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and stemmed the blood flow by applying pressure to the wounds.

Mr Elwood – himself a former soldier – remained with the injured officer awaiting the for the air ambulance to arrive, which landed off in Parliament Square.

He was later seen with bloodied hands talking to officers close to the incident before returning to the Foreign Office.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/hero-mp-parliament-terror-attack-tobias-ellwood-battled-save/
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Jonathan said:

So, do we think this is a lone wolf, or will there be secondary attacks to coincide with the evening rush hour?

Hopefully a single nutter with a beard. Have a safe journey home Jonathan.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    SeanT said:

Apparently she deliberately dived in, off the bridge, to escape the car

That's a miraculous escape. The fall alone should kill you.
    Would it ?
    ~
    Is the Thames very shallow there ?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Jesus he drove into a group of French schoolkids

Or she???
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Mr. Jonathan, no idea. I believe previous attacks of this nature have just involved the one incident, but terrorist tactics do evolve over time.

Do stay safe (and likewise to other PBers).
  • Options
    Reuters
    BREAKING: Woman pulled alive from River Thames after London attack, has serious injuries - Port of London Authority. https://t.co/umSaZ9X7ry https://t.co/e5YyhN28uG
  • Options

SeanT said:

Or she???
    Odds against with the beard and all.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited March 2017
    3 French Students injured, 3 cops injured as well. Sky News.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,032

dixiedean said:

PlatoSaid said:

Barnesian said:

PlatoSaid said:

I'm with Reuters here - the time for wrapping adult viewers in cotton wool has long passed. Sanitising horrors is counter-productive. If we don't see it - we can't respond to what the perpetrators have done to us.

I consider it appeasement to do so. Pixel out faces - but everything else should be shown.

I totally disagree. Showing horrors is counter productive. It helps the terrorists terrorise.
    Bollocks - that's like claiming attacking ISIS makes them stronger.

If we aren't seeing what they've done - we're operating on a false premise. Next someone will claim fighting back will cause Islamophobia. FFS.
    Perhaps road safety campaigns should show mangled bodies too, to encourage us to slow down.
    PlatoSaid said:

Barnesian said:

PlatoSaid said:

Bloke on Sky says there was a body face down in the water under the bridge, and Sky unfortunately showed a picture of a casualty lying at the bottom of some steps with a lot of blood and legs at unnatural angles. Very disturbing.

I'm with Reuters here - the time for wrapping adult viewers in cotton wool has long passed. Sanitising horrors is counter-productive. If we don't see it - we can't respond to what the perpetrators have done to us.

I consider it appeasement to do so. Pixel out faces - but everything else should be shown.
    I totally disagree. Showing horrors is counter productive. It helps the terrorists terrorise.
    Bollocks - that's like claiming attacking ISIS makes them stronger.

If we aren't seeing what they've done - we're operating on a false premise. Next someone will claim fighting back will cause Islamophobia. FFS.
    Perhaps road safety campaigns should show the mangled bodies of toddlers, to encourage us to slow down. If we're not seeing what speeding directly leads to - we're operating on a false premise.
    The Taiwanese did exactly that in the 90's when I lived there. Utterly gruesome images on giant display boards in the busy streets exhorting folk to drive more carefully. Randomly grab drivers without helmets and force them to watch film of injured and dead bodies. No regard for the feelings of children or squeamish passers by such as me. I feel the attitude is cultural. They would not dream of a nipple in a national newspaper.
    Is there any evidence that it has helped reduce road accidents in Taiwan?
    Helmets are worn now. Mother Father and 3 kids under five on a scooter is less common too. The causal effect I don't know.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

It'll be just the one. Stay vigiliant, mind.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Hopefully the perp is alive - interrogation may throw up valuable intel.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited March 2017
    SeanT said:

Re her deliberately diving in, thanks for telling me that as I hadn't know that information before.

Wishing her and all the other victims a full recovery.

Sky reporting that three officers have been injured.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    SeanT said:

Fantastic news that she survived.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    PlatoSaid said:

"Tobias Ellwood, the foreign minister, attempted to save the life of the policeman who was stabbed just inside the gates of the parliamentary estate.

The Tory MP attempted to give the officer mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and stemmed the blood flow by applying pressure to the wounds.

Mr Elwood – himself a former soldier – remained with the injured officer awaiting the for the air ambulance to arrive, which landed off in Parliament Square.

He was later seen with bloodied hands talking to officers close to the incident before returning to the Foreign Office.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/hero-mp-parliament-terror-attack-tobias-ellwood-battled-save/

IIRC Ellwood's brother died in a terror attack in Bali.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

twitter.com/SteveBlogs1/status/844592700083097601

More useful alive
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

SeanT said:

Or she???
    Odds against with the beard and all.
    Sorry missed that bit. Agree highly unlikely!
    Was a bearded man confirmed as driver. Who/why was the woman in the river?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,096
    There's an article in the latest Rail magazine that seems pertinent to a discussion on when, and how, information is released.

The Grayrigg crash was ten years ago last month. Network Rail's press officer knew that the SNLA had made a threat the previous week to derail an express train to Scotland unless the UK government granted Scotland immediate independence. He decided not to publicise that threat - this was before they knew the cause of the crash.

In the end he was right not to. But if it had been the SNLA, and he had 'withheld' the information, he'd probably have paid for it with his job. In ten years the situation's got even worse, with people demanding immediate information.

As the article says: "In that situation, there is not a great deal you can do to make things better, but there is a lot you can do to make things worse. And spreading gossip definitely makes things worse."

Source (Rail 822, page 34)
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Andy Hughes‏Verified account @SkyAndyHughes 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Sky sources: Up to three police officers injured in Westminster terror attack. #BREAKING
  • Options
    Andy Hughes
    Sky sources: Up to three police officers injured in Westminster terror attack. #BREAKING
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,175
    Sad to hear of the news from Westminster but glad to hear the security services now have it under control. Am supposed to be doing some calls for Andy Street in an hour if I get there that is
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    edited March 2017
    Just seen the pics of MP Tobias Ellwood doing CPR on a police officer on Guido's twitter.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pulpstar said:

SeanT said:

Would it ?
    ~
    Is the Thames very shallow there ?
    ISTR an MP once claimed it was possible to walk across the Thames opposite parliament, and tried on a low ?Spring? tide. He failed - it was thought that the building of the Embankments had narrowed the river, causing it to be deeper.

As for the depth: much would depend on the state of the tide. If it as reported, a very lucky woman.
  • Options
    His composition will be terrible.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    PlatoSaid said:

Andy Hughes

Could one attacker injure three heavily armed officers?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Bridge jumping is apparently one of the nastiest ways to go - your legs are busted and pushed into your torso. Hopefully, the lady isn't terribly injured.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405
    AndyJS said:

PlatoSaid said:

Andy Hughes

Could one attacker injure three heavily armed officers?
    It takes no time to stab someone and a lot of effort to neutralise a knife being used as a weapon.

Play the game this evening with some friends with a rolled up piece of paper and some flour and see how many casualties you can inflict.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sad to hear of the news from Westminster but glad to hear the security services now have it under control. Am supposed to be doing some calls for Andy Street in an hour if I get there that is

Best of luck, if I had a vote in that (I don't) I'd be going

1) Nielsen
    2) Street.

I think he's a far superior candidate to Simon to be perfectly honest.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Wow. Multiple assailants, says BBC.

That changes things, if it is true.

STAY SAFE

I can't see how one person could injure three armed police officers.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

STAY SAFE

Sounds like three
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Where is the info coming from about multiple attackers?

Given where it is, it will be covered in CCTV, so you would think the plod / media would know by now.
  • Options
    Mr Bridger
    Jesus there are some real scumbags on twitter! #Westminster https://t.co/ZvLIBdQBCc
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Multiple attackers is much more menacing.

I'd avoid the Tube, everyone.

Let's wait for more detail before avoiding anything other than the areas mentioned by the Met so far
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760

Where is the info coming from about multiple attackers?

I'm not hearing it. Very possible for 3 police officers to be stabbed by one guy. Even a graze would count as 'injured'.
  • Options
    Usually claims of multiple attackers turns out to be wrong but you can't assume anything obviously.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,681
    SeanT said:

Do you have a direct source to the BBC wording of that, Sean?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    AndyJS said:

SeanT said:

STAY SAFE

They are not all armed, surely?

Even if they were, with a vehicle you could easily injure or kill, before armed police were able to respond.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

SeanT said:

STAY SAFE

Read Ben Ando's excellent book "Beyond the call of duty", about police bravery. There are several stories of how one assailant could take on - and seriously injure - multiple officers armed with tasers and gas. ISTR one assailant was high on drugs. Albeit from memory the cases were in much more enclosed spaces.
  • Options
    PA
    Eyewitness Rick Longley describes man with a big knife "plunging it into the policeman" in Westminster attack https://t.co/amXyyzMzUD
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

Bridge jumping is apparently one of the nastiest ways to go - your legs are busted and pushed into your torso. Hopefully, the lady isn't terribly injured.
    We once had a speaker at my Rotary Club who was a parachutist whose chute didn't open, yet he lived to tell the tale.

He was asked what was the last thing that went through his mind. I immediately piped up "His feet!"
  • Options
    edited March 2017

SeanT said:

Do you have a direct source to the BBC wording of that, Sean?
    The BBC mentioned reports of two people in the car that hit the railings - a bald white guy and a black guy.
  • Options
    Harry
    MPs never get enough positive coverage. This is @Tobias_Ellwood giving the wounded police officer CPR. Hero. #Westminster https://t.co/DfSCGLvCa5
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    Significant that it is the first anniversary of the Brussels attack.
  • Options
    Stop speculating on the identity of the attacker.

Have you not learned anything from the Monroe v Hopkins example ?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,149
    I wonder if the timing is in some way connected to the laptop ban?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    AndyJS said:

Usually claims of multiple attackers turns out to be wrong but you can't assume anything obviously.

It happens almost every time there is a terrorist attack or mass shooting. Eye witness reports are extremely unreliable.
  • Options
    Confirmation from the French PM that some French students were involved in the bridge incident
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Best of luck, if I had a vote in that (I don't) I'd be going

1) Nielsen
    2) Street.

I think he's a far superior candidate to Simon to be perfectly honest.
    Indeed am just about to get on the tube at Oxford Circus to St James so will try and get through that first
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Oh ye - our libel laws. Its ashame my comment asking @Plato if that wasn't just right wing drivel she was linking to got deleted though.
    But I do understand that technically myself, @Plato and Mike might be in breach of the law though ;)
  • Options
    PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    Police should have a stock to protect neck.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

I disagree. I was working on a newsdesk when ISIS beheading videos came in. Worst thing I've ever had to see. I would have preferred that we had not shown any footage from any of them, rather than even the edited versions we did show. These people WANT their death-cult propaganda. I say f*** 'em. Put up stills as tributes to their victims but don't give them the terrorist coverage they crave.

Pfft - there's no comparison with beheading videos and seeing run over people with pixelated faces.
    I agree with Lucian - our general media tendency to get maximum drama out of everything is catnip for terrorists. Clearly when people have been killed and injured it's very serious and people will want to know all the facts. But screaming headlines, gory pictures, etc.? No thanks. Let's soberly congratulate the police on what sounds like an excellent job, commiserate with the victims, make a statement on any lessons for security, and move on.

As for plato and notme trying to use it to score political points, a little bit of restraint for 24 hours or so might be good, from any political viewpoint whatever. There's a time for political jibes, and a time to have a short pause.
    Fair point.
  • Options
    Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP is on BBC saying his staff saw exactly what happened and it was one man in a 4x4, mowing down pedestrians then jumping out and attacking a police officer w a knife before being shot
  • Options
    'kin hell... you would have though that places has enough police on duty it would be impossible to lose someone who doesn't have an ID badge!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Oh ye - our libel laws. Its ashame my comment asking @Plato if that wasn't just right wing drivel she was linking to got deleted though.
    But I do understand that technically myself, @Plato and Mike might be in breach of the law though ;)
    In libel actions there's only one sure thing, the legal profession gets enriched.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I imagine they were radicalised by something but I don't think it was being deprived of their laptops on flights which tipped them over the edge
  • Options
    RobD said:

'kin hell... you would have though that places has enough police on duty it would be impossible to lose someone who doesn't have an ID badge!
    Having been to the Palace of Westminster a few times, it's massive, you feel like you've crossed a couple of time zones walking from one end to the other.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    HYUFD said:

I imagine they were radicalized by something but I don't think it was being deprived of their laptops on flights which tipped them over the edge
    I don't know, that candy crush addiction can be pretty bad.
  • Options
    notme said:

PlatoSaid said:

Fair point.
    Though Ken Livingstone is on LBC now blaming Boris for winding down community policing. Which he helpfully pointed out he introduced and Khan is reintroducing.

• Options
    Parliamentary sketchwriter Quentin Letts saw a lot of it:

"Quentin Letts‏ @thequentinletts 3h3 hours ago

Just saw Parliamentary security men shoot a man who had attacked a policeman. Impressive reaction times by police."
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,299

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Con MSP not happy

Jackson Carlaw MSP‏Verified account @Carlaw4Eastwood 6m6 minutes ago

Absolutely disgraceful conduct from @strathearnrose in response to PO suspension of @ScotParl - totally unbecoming.

What was the disgraceful conduct?
    May be related to this

Monica Lennon‏Verified account @MonicaLennon7 31m31 minutes ago

Monica Lennon Retweeted Jamie Ross
    Disappointed to hear groans coming from the SNP benches in response to a request for business being suspended.
    I think it's fair to say some Nats have not covered themselves in glory today.....
    Fair to say that there's no situation too low for you to limbo under to make a political point.
  • Options
    notme said:

notme said:

PlatoSaid said:

Fair point.
    Though Ken Livingstone is on LBC now blaming Boris for winding down community policing. Which he helpfully pointed out he introduced and Khan is reintroducing.

Oh FFS. Now if only the media could agree not to let KL have a platform for his addled views - the world would be a better place.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Mr. Notme, did Livingstone refer to his policy High Intensity Training of Law Enforcement Response?
  • Options
    BBC reporting that one of the dead is a police officer.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

We once had a speaker at my Rotary Club who was a parachutist whose chute didn't open, yet he lived to tell the tale.

He was asked what was the last thing that went through his mind. I immediately piped up "His feet!"
    I saw a docu with someone who'd jumped - they totally busted their legs on impact, had hips pushed up and couldn't do anything to save themselves once they realised they weren't dead.

Ended up washed onto river bank - said hitting the water was like meeting freezing cold concrete.
  • Options
    Has ken mentioned Hitler yet?
  • Options
    SeanT said:
    Maybe somebody disguised as Jeremy Corbyn? :-)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,061
    Blimey, you get away from devices for a few hours, and everything goes crazy. Always fear for this sort of thing.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

In libel actions there's only one sure thing, the legal profession gets enriched.
    yes but only financially

their black souls just burn that hotter in hell :-)
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,791

BBC Breaking News‏ @BBCBreaking
    Police officer stabbed in UK Parliament attack died at scene, says minister who gave mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
  • Options
    " Al Jazeera English‏Verified account @AJEnglish

British PM Theresa May to chair government emergency committee meeting following London attack http://aje.io/naz6"
  • Options
    France24 saying 3 French students were injured
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,925
    edited March 2017
    kle4 said:

Always fear for this sort of thing.

Since Nice I've been amazed that incidents like this don't happen more often.

It would just so easy to get into a car or van and floor the accelerator down a busy footpath or pedestrian area. And there's absolutely no way of legislating against it.
  • Options
    PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    Should have a small claims court for libel and slander - cut the crap.
This discussion has been closed.