Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Support for Corbyn is weakening among Labour members. Don’t as

13»

Comments

• Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262

President Donald Trump does not believe FBI director James Comey’s insistence that Trump Tower was not wiretapped, a White House spokeswoman has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/06/donald-trump-does-not-believe-james-comeys-insistence-trump/

Do they still put wire taps on?
    I thought they just pull it off the network whoever they want to bug.
    Bug is different from tap.
    "Trump does not believe" - sheesh!

• Options
    eek said:

President Donald Trump does not believe FBI director James Comey’s insistence that Trump Tower was not wiretapped, a White House spokeswoman has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/06/donald-trump-does-not-believe-james-comeys-insistence-trump/

Why do you think the FBI are 100% sure he wasn't wiretapped?
    I'm guessing that it's a careful use of language.
    A mate of mine used to work in security for one of the big mobile networks here.
    A whole floor of the building he looked after was only accessible to MOD staff.

• Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,778
    Bojabob said:

kle4 said:

I Don't Recognise My Own Country Anymore.

Vote olives and TAKE BACK CONTROL.
    Anchovies. Sophisticated,and Europhile. Remainian ambrosia.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,129

The people Jahadi Jez's is blaming for his botched tax return stunt seems to be growing...we can now include media barons.

Again it is stonking PR. Making a total tit of oneself then continuing to draw attention to it.

He seems to be claiming that LOTO salary is a state benefit. I know he loves benefits and welfare, but this is ridiculous.
    Clearly not means tested.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    edited March 2017

A builder has been jailed for two years after making more than £1million over the course of a decade by pretending to have a PhD to become chairman of two NHS Trusts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4286080/Walter-Mitty-NHS-chief-63-lied-having-PhD.html

There is hope for Paul Nuttall of getting a cushy public servant gig after all...

On a serious note, why the f##k aren't people checking at interview stage. It takes one phone call to the university (well in this case, 3, as he claimed all sorts).

I doubt it's because they're lazy. There was one case where the CEO of a health board gave as his reference on his application for the post the head of sales to the NHS at a pharmaceutical company. What brought him down was merely the fact that he forgot to say he was living with her at the time. No scandal about her role in charge of selling stuff to a public agency and her simultaneous appearance as a reference on someone's application to a post in which he'd buy it from her.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Bad news for people who enjoyed the top story not always being Trump:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39183153

New executive order on migration.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,979
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I Don't Recognise My Own Country Anymore.
    Not entirely sure that is supposed to be a map. I think its a pizza.
    Touche.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,303

The people Jahadi Jez's is blaming for his botched tax return stunt seems to be growing...we can now include media barons.

Again it is stonking PR. Making a total tit of oneself then continuing to draw attention to it.

He seems to be claiming that LOTO salary is a state benefit. I know he loves benefits and welfare, but this is ridiculous.
    Clearly not means tested.
    Isn't there a benefits cap?
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    Probably a naïve question on Corbyn's tax return but if he claims his LOTO salary (which is perfectly obviously a salary) as a pension or benefit, how does that affect the NI position? Surely the figures wouldn't come out right?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614

A builder has been jailed for two years after making more than £1million over the course of a decade by pretending to have a PhD to become chairman of two NHS Trusts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4286080/Walter-Mitty-NHS-chief-63-lied-having-PhD.html

There is hope for Paul Nuttall of getting a cushy public servant gig after all...

On a serious note, why the f##k aren't people checking at interview stage. It takes one phone call to the university (well in this case, 3, as he claimed all sorts).

Why would you bother when it's not your money that's being spent?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

Wire tap is such a wonderful expression - like wireless

"The earliest wiretaps were extra wires —physically inserted to the line between the switchboard and the subscriber— that carried the signal to a pair of earphones and a recorder. Later on wiretaps were installed at the central office on the frames that held the incoming wires.”[50]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_tapping#History
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

The court's reasoning looks a bit circular. He has deprived properly qualified people is the gist of it, yet he seems to have proved the qualifications do not matter anyway.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    Apparently white house claiming they have 300 refugee cases being investigated for terrorist links.

Caveat emptor....
  • Options

Probably a naïve question on Corbyn's tax return but if he claims his LOTO salary (which is perfectly obviously a salary) as a pension or benefit, how does that affect the NI position? Surely the figures wouldn't come out right?

I think he is classed as a pensioner and therefore not paying NI.
  • Options
    Jennifer Williams‏Verified account @JenWilliamsMEN 2m2 minutes ago

NEC committee for Gorton apparently now has Keith Vaz on it instead of Rebecca Long-Bailey.

• Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,800
    Don't the unions pay their people in cash?

Postman Pat's otherwise very good autobiographical volumes had some sort of a mention of that didn't they?
  • Options
    New ban doesn't come into force for another 10 days...All those bad dudes are currently causing traffic spikes on Expedia...
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

New ban doesn't come into force for another 10 days...All those bad dudes are currently causing traffic spikes on Expedia...

That's probably quite helpful information for whoever's watching!

(No expressed desire to come to the US replaced by an urgent need to be there in next 10 days...)
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

I am due to fly there in 14 days...
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Scott_P said:

Can I respectfully suggest you avoid following TSE's advice on how to chat up TSA representatives?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Trump obviously heard you were planning on visiting!
  • Options

I think he is classed as a pensioner and therefore not paying NI.
    Ah. Of course. I thought it was a naïve question!
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Apart from Employers NIC which will be in the surcharge part [2%], he will be above the Upper limit in so far as his own NIC is concerned.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    The Dice Man
    5 years ago Trump was already a 4D chess Grand Master https://t.co/hsOI4etEIm

Donald J Trump 17 October 2012
    My twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Scott_P said:

Subject to background checks and dodgy blogging history... :lol:
  • Options

Subject to background checks and dodgy blogging history... :lol:

I may have to delete my Twitter history
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Fillon seems to be digging his heels in: 'Pas de Plan B', at a meeting of the political committee of Les Républicans.
  • Options
    Some Leavers truly are cretins.

Nigel Farage and Arron Banks' Leave.EU group falsely suggests refugee was arrested in terror investigation

A spokesperson for the group, fronted by Nigel Farage and Arron Banks, said: "Oops."

https://t.co/Ga4c7PtF90
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,965
    nunu said:
    Maybe it is Paul Nuttall.

• Options
    @KateEMcCann: 7am this morning: "We welcome media scrutiny of JC tax return". 8 hours later: "False claims" by "media barons" are "matter of concern" ...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@KateEMcCann: 7am this morning: "We welcome media scrutiny of JC tax return". 8 hours later: "False claims" by "media barons" are "matter of concern" ...

I guess the scrutiny was a bit much.

Maybe don't try silly stunts in the first place? At best you mildly embarrass your opponent, at worst you look like a fool, and most often you excite a bunch of people who were already going to vote for you.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,042
    And there was I thinking that white supremacist and facist c*nt Steve Bannon was having a few quiet days.

This piece of shite is an ugly mother f*cker both on the outside and inside!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

I guess the scrutiny was a bit much.

Maybe don't try silly stunts in the first place? At best you mildly embarrass your opponent, at worst you look like a fool, and most often you excite a bunch of people who were already going to vote for you.
    When are the grow-ups coming back to run the Labour party?
  • Options

As I keep saying politics is like football. It's the winning that really matters!

If Corbyn was a footballer, I wonder who he'll be most like?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    murali_s said:

As I keep saying politics is like football. It's the winning that really matters!

How is that labour ground game going?
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Jason Lee or Ali Dia
  • Options
    BojabobBojabob Posts: 642
    Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

And the 'apropos of nothing post of the day' award goes to... Mortimer!
  • Options
    Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    You were going on and on about it before May 2015.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Me.
  • Options

murali_s said:

Jason Lee or Ali Dia
    Ali Dia - LOL - brings back memories!!
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    Ishmael_Z said:

He seems to have done a perfectly job in the posts he obtained; I would have gone with a caution for him and suspended sentences for the numpties who gave him the jobs without checking.
    It shows what an utter load of b******t many management jobs are, and that many people from the university of life could do them as well as the highly-paid individuals who are appointed. Some builders are very good at dealing with people; anyone running their own business has to be reasonable at it.

Imagine trying to become a brain surgeon, quantum chemist or cosmologist without having the right experience and qualifications.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    I don't think I was - I was very cautious actually - think you are confusing me with someone else? But hey-ho I might have said something in bluster!
  • Options
    Jennifer Williams‏Verified account @JenWilliamsMEN 18m18 minutes ago

Other Gorton bits: sounds like by-election will be alongside mayoral vote on May 4; Labour selection March 22.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    Think that was a different Labour poster... in any case it has nothing to do with the topic in hand!

Hope you are well anyway sir.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    That was IOS.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    I don't think I was - I was very cautious actually - think you are confusing me with someone else? But hey-ho I might have said something in bluster!
    Labour's ground game is irrelevant now. Indeed, probably counter-productive. The more doors they knock on then the more conversations about how crap Corbyn is they will partake in and indeed probably remind people why they need to come out and vote Tory or LibDem.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Grant Holt. Significant support for him to spearhead his country until everyone slowly realised he was shite.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    That was IOS.
    Oh balls. So it was. Apols Mr Murali..
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
    edited March 2017
    murali_s said:

Sean Dundee, Massimo Taibi or Eric Djemba-Djemba.
  • Options
    Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    Think that was a different Labour poster... in any case it has nothing to do with the topic in hand!

Hope you are well anyway sir.
    All good thanks. Variously being terrorised/loved to pieces by the new pup.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Bojabob said:

murali_s said:

Grant Holt. Significant support for him to spearhead his country until everyone slowly realised he was shite.
    - or Tony Kay
  • Options

murali_s said:

Me.
    So now we can definitively connect Mr Lemon Artichoke - the lesser known of the Artichoke brothers - who both used to play in the Peruvian U17s league, with a PB poster! Wow!
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

Bojabob said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

Mortimer said:

murali_s said:

Pardon?
    Labour's ground game is irrelevant now. Indeed, probably counter-productive. The more doors they knock on then the more conversations about how crap Corbyn is they will partake in and indeed probably remind people why they need to come out and vote Tory or LibDem.
    If any Momentum snowflake types actually get off Twitter for long enough to go canvassing, one look at them will send most swing voters running for the Tories.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited March 2017
    Radio 4 8:30pm - Prospects for a second SINDY.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Radio 4 8:30pm - Prospects for a second SINDY.

Inevitable. Victory? Less certain.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    murali_s said:

He has the management skills of Steve McLaren
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    murali_s said:

In the immortal words of Alexis Sanchez (with a nod to GK Chesterton) "The true warrior fights not because he hates the ones in front of him, but because he loves those behind him"
  • Options
    Local BBC news in the south west leading on UKIP MEP William Dartmouth who was trying to make £100k per annum from a wind farm - despite a) lying about it and b) it being against UKIP policy.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

murali_s said:

Me.
    So now we can definitively connect Mr Lemon Artichoke - the lesser known of the Artichoke brothers - who both used to play in the Peruvian U17s league, with a PB poster! Wow!
    I'm a tad embittered now that none of you responded, Yes, of course, the brother is named Jerusalem, and yes of course I made it up. Still embittered mind you :)

• Options
    French politics: Baroin is down to 13 on Ladbrokes, but 36 on Betfair. That's quite the margin of difference.

What time are the Frenchmen having their tete-a-tete-a-tete tomorrow?
  • Options
    Corbyn as a footballer...So we are looking for a slow old car horse, who is thick as shit, no good outside of London, joke on the international stage, multiple wives and dodgy claims on their tax return...

Ray Parlour?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

murali_s said:

Me.
    I'm a tad embittered now that none of you responded, Yes, of course, the brother is named Jerusalem, and yes of course I made it up. Still embittered mind you :)

This is a tough crowd. I thought my gag about Euratom being an agency for sexing kittens was a good one....but not a titter....
  • Options
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047

Ishmael_Z said:

He seems to have done a perfectly job in the posts he obtained; I would have gone with a caution for him and suspended sentences for the numpties who gave him the jobs without checking.
    It shows what an utter load of b******t many management jobs are, and that many people from the university of life could do them as well as the highly-paid individuals who are appointed. Some builders are very good at dealing with people; anyone running their own business has to be reasonable at it.

Imagine trying to become a brain surgeon, quantum chemist or cosmologist without having the right experience and qualifications.
    I seem to recall someone practising as a GP for many years without any qualification.
  • Options
    Mr. Mark/Mr. Omnium, you're pitching things too high. Puns based on 1980s pop lyrics, or possible double entendres about the aerodynamic properties of F1 cars are the way to go.
  • Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711
    edited March 2017

French politics: Baroin is down to 13 on Ladbrokes, but 36 on Betfair. That's quite the margin of difference.

What time are the Frenchmen having their tete-a-tete-a-tete tomorrow?

Out to 60 now on Betfair. That is a ludicrous price, considering the idea of the meeting tomorrow was for Sarko to try and persuade Fillon to withdraw and choose his own replacement.

Not saying Baroin WILL replace him, but the over-reaction to the Party announcing they have no plan B is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    murali_s said:
    Is this more fake news? Can't imagine a US citizen being denied entry!
  • Options
    French: Fillon gets strong Republican backing.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39184387
  • Options
    Not really in a position to do much. Only marginally green on Fillon/Le Pen and Juppe/Baroin are too long to lay. Don't want to lay Macron any more (odds will tumble if he reaches the final two, which seems likely).
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    edited March 2017
    RobD said:

murali_s said:
    US citizens perhaps not but to my certain knowledge Procter and Gamble employ lots of people from the banned countries in their Middle Eastern offices. One thing you can say for P&G they are completely nationality blind. Many times the product manager will be anything from Palestinian to Iraqi and his underlings might be American. They run a genuine meritocracy that pays no lip service to nationality or age.

This will really screw them up and cause much embarrassment
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    RobD said:

murali_s said:
    Have any major news sources reported this?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    Roger said:

RobD said:

murali_s said:
    US citizens perhaps not but to my certain knowledge Procter and Gamble employ lots of people from the banned countries in their Middle Eastern offices. One thing you can say for P&G they are completely nationality blind. Many times the product manager will be anything from Palestinian to Iraqi and his underlings might be American. They run a genuine meritocracy that pays no lip service to nationality or age.
    Yeah, but the article states his travel privileges are being reviewed. Unless the privileges of US citizens are being reviewed I can't see how this is true.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711

French: Fillon gets strong Republican backing.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39184387

They didn't really have much choice did they? They could not force him to stand down and they could not put another candidate forward because that would have split the Party vote.
    So the only option left is to give him their support. Otherwise the Party would have got the blame for not supporting him if and when he loses and they need Fillon to totally own the defeat.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Ishmael_Z said:

I seem to recall someone practising as a GP for many years without any qualification.
    They don't do serious surgery!
This discussion has been closed.