Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Labour don’t take the lead in the polls, is that how John M

SystemSystem Posts: 11,696
edited February 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Labour don’t take the lead in the polls, is that how John McDonnell topples Jeremy Corbyn?

Is this how John McDonnell topples Corbyn? If Corbyn doesn't improve in the poll. From earlier on this month. https://t.co/gPLPTnD88h pic.twitter.com/SiLovgH2IA

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    edited February 2017
    McDonnell isn't the answer to Labour's problems. The Corbyn1 excuse generator is working over time.

First.
  • Options
    If John McDonnell’s 12 month claim fails to materialise, surely it we be he that takes the hit?
  • Options
    JenSJenS Posts: 91
    edited February 2017
    The good news for Labour in that graph is that the Lib Dems and UKIP are splitting the Labour defectors between them (if you ignore churn, which I know you can't). Neither can replace Labour.

The SDP proved how resilient the Labour Party can be even in its darkest hour.
  • Options
    Off topic, and I'm sure everyone who has a twitter account is already following @sommervillebbc but just in case anyone isn't, he's particularly interesting this week.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    FPT: Incidentally, I claim some PB credit on predictions this time - I said that my canvassing suggested that Stoke was seen as a choice of least bad party, and Labour would probably edge it - and I was consistently downbeat about Copeland. Selling UKIP in Copeland on SPIN made me and I hope others who saw my tip a decent sum, which really was free money as they were hardly even trying there.

Makes up a bit for the hopeless canvass-based predictions in Broxtowe in 2015...
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,031
    Two more LD from Con council by-elections yesterday. I realise that there was some squeeze in the Parliamentary ones, but overall, not too bad a day.
    IIRC there are a couple more Council results to come.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,962
    edited February 2017
    Surely Labour cannot replace Jezza with anyone similar? What would be the point?
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Behind the main headlines the Lib Dems appear to be continuing their charge on the Local Government sector. Two more huge wins yesterday from the Conservatives, helped by Labour not standing at Kettering, (was this an admin error), and two gains from Labour on Westhoughton Town Council, (Bolton), a sort of Labour/Lib Dem barometer area, lots of histoty between the two.
    Methinks the Councity Council elections in May may well see two headlines the Lib Dems getting large gains maybe 200, whilst UKIP crumble away.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,901
    edited February 2017
    isam said:

Surely Labour cannot replace Jezza with anyone similar? What would be the point?

Less skeletons and more competent would test if it was the man and his polices or just the man. McDonnell only hits one of those things though.
  • Options
    What the flying feckity doo-dah is Corbyn going on about?
  • Options

I was just wondering that myself.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927
    Grr, Vanilla ate my attempt at an amusing post, so I'll take that as a sign...

Seriously, if the May locals show similar swings to last night - from Miliband's high point in 2013 - then it's got to be time for Sensible Labour to do something.

Will the PM dare to put a motion for a GE under the FTPA on the day A50 is invoked next month? Watching the Opposition vote against having an election would be hilarious to watch.
  • Options

My very question last night. I don't understand the man.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,851

What's he saying?
  • Options
    JenS said:

The good news for Labour in that graph is that the Lib Dems and UKIP are splitting the Labour defectors between them (if you ignore churn, which I know you can't). Neither can replace Labour.

The SDP proved how resilient the Labour Party can be even in its darkest hour.

Yep, after last night it's clear that UKIP is not going to sweep across the Labour heartlands. This does buy the party some time. A new leader prepared to leave the comfort zone and genuinely engage with voters. combined with Tory hubris (of which there is plenty) and a Brexit that does not improve living standards gives Labour a path back. We are very likely to see two and three; one is the issue, but that's where the unions come in.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    kle4 said:

isam said:

Less skeletons and more competent would test if it was the man and his polices or just the man. McDonnell only hits one of those things though.
    He brings Chaiman Mao books to parliament and worships the IRA!! I'd say he was worse

I am ex Labour, if Ukip die my vote is up for grabs and it ain't going to Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbot etc!

My parents are are council house raised, trade unionists who vote labour all their lives and they prefer May to Corbyn. Labour need to sort it else they'll die
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

What's he saying?
    I dunno! It's all the fault of corporate gangsters and their media lackeys. Or something.
  • Options
    isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

He brings Chaiman Mao books to parliament and worships the IRA!! I'd say he was worse

I am ex Labour, if Ukip die my vote is up for grabs and it ain't going to Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbot etc!
    I do think they have a really serious issue. I didn't vote for Ed M but I was relaxed about him being PM, I could have been persuaded to his side if he then did a good job. I could not even consider voting for Corbyn and co.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2017
    isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

Jezza to his credit says what he beliefs even when he knows he is going to get in trouble for it eg tea for suicide bombers...It is just that jezzas world view is stuck in the 1970s and believes we need to reenact the same flawed approaches.

Mcmao will say anything , remember he only joined labour as an enterist.
  • Options
    In both seats the Greens lost ground. Does this tell us anything about where their vote is going? Cotbyn's Labour or Remain LibDem?

Copeland: Green Jack Lenox 515 1.7% -1.3

Stoke: Green Adam Colclough 294 1.4% -2.2
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,961
    kle4 said:

isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

I do think they have a really serious issue. I didn't vote for Ed M but I was relaxed about him being PM, I could have been persuaded to his side if he then did a good job. I could not even consider voting for Corbyn and co.
    McDonnell would turn us into the next Venezuela. He is a classical marxist.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

FPT: Incidentally, I claim some PB credit on predictions this time - I said that my canvassing suggested that Stoke was seen as a choice of least bad party, and Labour would probably edge it - and I was consistently downbeat about Copeland. Selling UKIP in Copeland on SPIN made me and I hope others who saw my tip a decent sum, which really was free money as they were hardly even trying there.

Makes up a bit for the hopeless canvass-based predictions in Broxtowe in 2015...

Good predicions Nick. I think the everchanging odds on these two by-elections ensured that most of us came out green, but would have been better for my book if the Tories had overhauled Nuttall in Stoke.

I think on here we know to take with a large pinch of salt any predictions from the actual candidate before an election! ;)

So, what to do with a problem like Jeremy?
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

What's he saying?
    I dunno! It's all the fault of corporate gangsters and their media lackeys. Or something.
    Not watching, but I'm guessing its all Blair, Blair, Blair, main stream media, fake news, Blair, Blair, Iraq...
  • Options
    Crikey.

India lost their last seven wickets for 11 runs.

From 93/3 to 104 all out.

Positively Englandesque
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

What's he saying?
    Not watching, but I'm guessing its all Blair, Blair, Blair, main stream media, fake news, Blair, Blair, Iraq...
    Don't forget baby eating Tories...
  • Options

In both seats the Greens lost ground. Does this tell us anything about where their vote is going? Cotbyn's Labour or Remain LibDem?

Copeland: Green Jack Lenox 515 1.7% -1.3

Stoke: Green Adam Colclough 294 1.4% -2.2

Evaporating without trace where they aren't competitive. Lucas might be able to hold her seat still - though I'd expect the Conservatives to beat Labour handily there in 2020 now. Any other Green, and it is a Tory gain I think.
  • Options
    If Labour do replace Jeremy Corbyn, they have the following practical options:

1) A unity candidate. This candidate will probably not win the next general election but may steady the ship. Options include Sir Keir Starmer, Margaret Beckett, Ed Miliband (of course), Harriet Harman and Tom Watson.

2) A heart and soul candidate. This candidate might start to reconnect Labour with their lost supporters (from successive elections). Such a candidate cannot have the least taint of metropolitan elite and will need a good back story. Options include Lisa Nandy, Dan Jarvis, Angela Rayner and Jon Ashworth.

3) A continuity left candidate with more competence. Rebecca Long-Bailey and Clive Lewis are the best options here (John McDonnell is the other obvious contender).

If I were installing a new Labour leader Lisa Nandy would be my choice because she is actually doing some thinking about who Labour need to appeal to. But what do I know?
  • Options
    Lol sky have given up after 5 mins...To talk to a vicar in stoke.
  • Options

Has he been helping the bereaved this morning?
  • Options

1) A unity candidate. This candidate will probably not win the next general election but may steady the ship. Options include Sir Keir Starmer, Margaret Beckett, Ed Miliband (of course), Harriet Harman and Tom Watson.

2) A heart and soul candidate. This candidate might start to reconnect Labour with their lost supporters (from successive elections). Such a candidate cannot have the least taint of metropolitan elite and will need a good back story. Options include Lisa Nandy, Dan Jarvis, Angela Rayner and Jon Ashworth.

3) A continuity left candidate with more competence. Rebecca Long-Bailey and Clive Lewis are the best options here (John McDonnell is the other obvious contender).

If I were installing a new Labour leader Lisa Nandy would be my choice because she is actually doing some thinking about who Labour need to appeal to. But what do I know?

Oh let it be Harriet. That would be a massive payday for me.
  • Options

Crikey.

India lost their last seven wickets for 11 runs.

From 93/3 to 104 all out.

Positively Englandesque

Even Alistair Cook would be proud of a collapse like that!
  • Options

Completely agree - Lisa Nandy is the stand-out candidate.
  • Options
    This is funny, to me anyway:

(((Dan Hodges)))Verified account‏@DPJHodges 11m11 minutes ago

In Copeland voters were given a choice. "Vote for Jeremy Corbyn or your hospital will close and you will die". They preferred death.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,043
    Sandpit said:

Seriously, if the May locals show similar swings to last night - from Miliband's high point in 2013 - then it's got to be time for Sensible Labour to do something.

Will the PM dare to put a motion for a GE under the FTPA on the day A50 is invoked next month? Watching the Opposition vote against having an election would be hilarious to watch.

I think both the LibDems and the SNP would support an election: the former because they would be fought on current boundaries, and there'd be a decent chance of them picking up a few seats (4-8), the latter because returning an almost entirely SNP Scotland could be another causus belli for independence.

Only Labour - I suspect - would theoretically oppose a new election. And even there, there are presumably MPs who would be desperate to see the back of Corbyn and might see it as the only way.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221

And all my sources were correct (I only passed on their views, couldn't corroborate).

Tories felt confident in Copeland
    UKIP busted flush
    Lab to win Stoke, lose Copeland
  • Options

Strangely, available at 15 on BF. Seems high to me.
  • Options

Isn't she the leader-after-next though? She's only 37 (same as R L-B) and could build her profile under a unity candidate past the next election with a view to taking over in 2025.

Electing Nandy now would be like the Tories electing Hague in 1997 - the right person at the wrong time, five years early.
  • Options

Oh let it be Harriet. That would be a massive payday for me.
    I noted your comment a while back and took a little of Ms Harman at 260 and 270. I'm continuing to keep an eye on some very long shots with possible routes to the top. Some of them look far more plausible than much shorter priced contenders.
  • Options
    TwistedFireStopperTwistedFireStopper Posts: 2,538
    edited February 2017

The Reverend Geoffrey E Eze was talking far more sense than Corbyn! I could vote for a guy with a name like that.
  • Options

The Reverend Geoffrey E Eze was talking far more sense than Corbyn! I could vote for a guy with a name like that.
    Didn't The Shamen do a song about him?
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852

Based on their track record she does have one serious handicap in getting elected as Labour Leader..
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    All in all it seems fair to say TM the PM is doing a fantastic job. She is popular with voters in real elections and opinion polls/leader ratings. She is a Remainer who accepts Brexit, and considers the country parish & surburban town as important as the big city.

Treading water in Stoke was almost as good as the win in Copeland, it certainly naused my bets!

UKIP don't really have an angle to get at her, even immigration is coming down!

Credit where credit is due I say
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I don't think 15 is particularly high, nor particularly low either. A 6% chance is roughly correct I think. More runners than the grand national in this one.
  • Options
    Corbyn says Labour winning Stoke was a turning point in British politics. I think he's right, but not in the way he meant it.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,916
    Unless we are to have 20 years of Conservative government Labour either needs to switch to an electable leader or fail completely and allow the Lib Dems to become the main opposition. Muddling along at 25% under a FPTP system is a recipe for disaster for those of us who don't want to see the UK become a one party state.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Isn't she the leader-after-next though? She's only 37 (same as R L-B) and could build her profile under a unity candidate past the next election with a view to taking over in 2025.

Electing Nandy now would be like the Tories electing Hague in 1997 - the right person at the wrong time, five years early.
    She always looks like she is being told off and about to blub!
  • Options

I've bet on Lisa Nandy.
    I'd say she'll come in handy.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    theakes said:

Behind the main headlines the Lib Dems appear to be continuing their charge on the Local Government sector. Two more huge wins yesterday from the Conservatives, helped by Labour not standing at Kettering, (was this an admin error), and two gains from Labour on Westhoughton Town Council, (Bolton), a sort of Labour/Lib Dem barometer area, lots of histoty between the two.
    Methinks the Councity Council elections in May may well see two headlines the Lib Dems getting large gains maybe 200, whilst UKIP crumble away.

Hmmm. We'll see. I wonder how their phone banks are going to work when there are more than a thousand people to contact...(and I wonder how they get explained away in election expenses?)
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I think both the LibDems and the SNP would support an election: the former because they would be fought on current boundaries, and there'd be a decent chance of them picking up a few seats (4-8), the latter because returning an almost entirely SNP Scotland could be another causus belli for independence.

Only Labour - I suspect - would theoretically oppose a new election. And even there, there are presumably MPs who would be desperate to see the back of Corbyn and might see it as the only way.
    I was trying to do the maths on that too. It's 2/3 of the whole elected house, so 434 votes needed for an election. 4 SF obviously won't vote for one, neither will the Speaker unless there's a tie.

So assuming everyone else does than means 19 Lab MPs need to vote in favour, that sounds possible as a rebellion on something so fundamental.

The elephant in the room is the SNP though, wouldn't take much for them to abstain en masse at the last minute if they thought it would embarrass the government - and abstentions count as much as votes against in this context.
  • Options

I've bet on Lisa Nandy.
    Doesn't have the neccessary 'equipment' to become the Labour leader though :>
  • Options
    theakes said:

Inclined to agree. Think 200 might be on the ,low side.
  • Options
    A pity UKIP didn't get edged into third in Stoke, that would have doubled my profit.

On the politics, others have already said most of what I'd want to say, but there's one aspect which hasn't received too much attention. In normal circumstances, Theresa May's small majority would be a significant cause of worry for her, because she could expect it to get eaten away by the normal vicissitudes of mid-term by-elections. The fact that she was actually able to win a seat off Labour suggests that might well be one thing she doesn't have to worry about too much. In fact, it seems likely that there will be further Labour MPs who drift off to do more rewarding things (almost any job is more rewarding than being a Labour MP at the moment), so the risk of further by-election losses might be greater for Labour than for the Tories. That in turn means that the probability of the government lasting the full term to 2020 has just increased.

I don't think she'll try to engineer an opportunistic election to take advantage of Labour's little local difficulties. It's not her style, it's always a risk, she has more than enough on her plate with Brexit, and it would undermine her message of stability and good governance at the next election.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    IMO Labour need a credible, safe pair of hands to steady the ship, bring the full range of talent to bear on digging tge party out of the abyss and to protect and give experience to potential future PMs.

The nearer to John Smith the better
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I was trying to do the maths on that too. It's 2/3 of the whole elected house, so 434 votes needed for an election. 4 SF obviously won't vote for one, neither will the Speaker unless there's a tie.

So assuming everyone else does than means 19 Lab MPs need to vote in favour, that sounds possible as a rebellion on something so fundamental.

The elephant in the room is the SNP though, wouldn't take much for them to abstain en masse at the last minute if they thought it would embarrass the government - and abstentions count as much as votes against in this context.
    I think the SNP would like another general election so they can stand on a manifesto of Indyref2.

Would give them a mandate for it, and Mrs May would struggle to deny it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Didn't The Shamen do a song about him?
    Wasn't that Mr Goode? I think he did more drugs than the reverend though, very naughty.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614
    UKIP would have swept Stoke had they chosen a local candidate instead of a fantasist. Labour people crowing over retaining a safe seat seven years into opposition. Dear oh dear oh dear.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

Impossible to judge as there are no real benchmarks left. The most that could be said is 'potentially a possibility'.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

On the politics, others have already said most of what I'd want to say, but there's one aspect which hasn't received too much attention. In normal circumstances, Theresa May's small majority would be a significant cause of worry for her, because she could expect it to get eaten away by the normal vicissitudes of mid-term by-elections. The fact that she was actually able to win a seat off Labour suggests that might well be one thing she doesn't have to worry about too much. In fact, it seems likely that there will be further Labour MPs who drift off to do more rewarding things (almost any job is more rewarding than being a Labour MP at the moment), so the risk of further by-election losses might be greater for Labour than for the Tories. That in turn means that the probability of the government lasting the full term to 2020 has just increased.

That makes me wonder: has a government ever gone into an election with a bigger majority than it had after the previous one?

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

There is every likelihood on the current polling of 3-5 con gains in Scotland - maybe even more if the swing is differential.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    David Dimbleby was last night's unsung hero.

He allowed me to shift ~ £240 profit over to the Tories in Copeland at what I considered fair odds. What a superstar that man is.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I've bet on Lisa Nandy.
    Not sure how she can tackle that one.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I take it the fixed term parliament act could be repealed with a simple majority in the Commons since parliament is always sovereign regardless of what has gone before.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I also wonder if the new MPs for Twickenham and Kingston would be keen on elections right now.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Another way forward for Labour is to keep Corbyn, but replace the clique around him. Milne, McDonnell to be replaced by a team who can do politics.
  • Options
    I'm just having a quiet moment wondering - what happens if Theresa May gets a widely-acknowledged decent Brexit settlement? Should we just give up elections until she's had enough?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I've bet on Lisa Nandy.
    Not sure how she can tackle that one.
    She'll need some cojones as we say over here.
  • Options
    felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

There is every likelihood on the current polling of 3-5 con gains in Scotland - maybe even more if the swing is differential.
    The LDs might regain Perth NE and Edinburgh West too. (If Holyrood elections were repeated.)
  • Options

Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I think the SNP would like another general election so they can stand on a manifesto of Indyref2.

Would give them a mandate for it, and Mrs May would struggle to deny it.
    But a few Con gains in Scotland and the PM could argue the opposite.

My point was more that the SNP would do an Ed-Miliband-on-the-Syria-vote if they thought they'd gain any short term advantage by doing so. They'd try and portray Con and Lab as weak at the same time by abstaining.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Another way forward for Labour is to keep Corbyn, but replace the clique around him. Milne, McDonnell to be replaced by a team who can do politics.

What's the point when the leader can't do politics?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Pulpstar said:

He allowed me to shift ~ £240 profit over to the Tories in Copeland at what I considered fair odds. What a superstar that man is.

Yes, but why on earth did he say it? Someone must have fed him the information, it's not the sort of thing you just say at random.
  • Options
    Another new thread?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Not sure that works, the man (Or woman) at the top has to be right

Hillary had Obama and her husband both strong ex-POTUS on the stump for her whereas Trump was being disowned by his own side back in November.
    Didn't get enough of those crucial Philly/Milwaukee/Detroit votes out.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    theakes said:

This proves the only reason libdems are gaining hugely is because they are concentrating resources
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I take it the fixed term parliament act could be repealed with a simple majority in the Commons since parliament is always sovereign regardless of what has gone before.
    No, it would require primary legislation, through both Houses. The Lords would be the sticking point, would probably need the Parliament Act to get it through.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

No, it would require primary legislation, through both Houses. The Lords would be the sticking point, would probably need the Parliament Act to get it through.
    Presumably the government could just resign and vote down any government Jezza tries to for for a week.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

Presumably the government could just resign and vote down any government Jezza tries to for for a week.
    Yes, but that would leave Jezza as PM for the election period.
    FTPA is as bad a law as the Dangerous Dogs Act.
  • Options
    felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

The SNP ought to welcome that: it'd consolidate the Tories in second and hence, by the Tories being a more potent opposition, consolidate the SNP as the left-wing alternative to them.

The biggest risk to SNP hegemony is Tory weakness combined with a Labour revival. No risk of that this year though.
  • Options

Corbyn says Labour winning Stoke was a turning point in British politics. I think he's right, but not in the way he meant it.

A generous interpretation to say the least.
    AndyJS said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes, but why on earth did he say it? Someone must have fed him the information, it's not the sort of thing you just say at random.
    Very specific verbal tic?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

The LDs might regain Perth NE and Edinburgh West too. (If Holyrood elections were repeated.)
    I’d like to see Jo Swinson get back.
  • Options

That makes me wonder: has a government ever gone into an election with a bigger majority than it had after the previous one?

Blair 1997?

He didn't lose any by-elections and gained two MPs from defections. However, he also lost two to resignations of the whip / expulsions, so the case is arguable.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

Yes, but that would leave Jezza as PM for the election period.
    FTPA is as bad a law as the Dangerous Dogs Act.
    So a two clause bill then ;)

1) notwithstanding the Fixed Term Parliament’s Act 2011 the next election shall be held on x date
    2) (some small financial allocation to a spending department for some purpose)

Whip it through the Commons, and it gets a pass in the Lords because its a financial act :lol: Or come to that graft a clause on the end of the next Finance Act calling an election on a given date.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

I felt sorry for her. Very small drop for a LD, and she and her husband both lost their seats.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062

felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

The SNP ought to welcome that: it'd consolidate the Tories in second and hence, by the Tories being a more potent opposition, consolidate the SNP as the left-wing alternative to them.

The biggest risk to SNP hegemony is Tory weakness combined with a Labour revival. No risk of that this year though.
    Tory Surge Klaxon being deployed again. Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062

rcs1000 said:

felix said:

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

Why she was crap
This discussion has been closed.