Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The first ComRes voting poll since before BREXIT finds signifi

2»

Comments

• Options
    I expect the majority of UKIP supporters will slowly drift back to their party of choice, as the UK progresses towards EU exit. Unless Nuttall can perform a miracle, by 2020 his party will have all but disappeared.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852

I expect the majority of UKIP supporters will slowly drift back to their party of choice, as the UK progresses towards EU exit. Unless Nuttall can perform a miracle, by 2020 his party will have all but disappeared.

Depending on what BrExit actually turns out to mean when the rubber hits the road. If its EEA/EFTA and full-movement-in-all-but-name (ie. a job offer) then UKIP will be back in business with a vengeance.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    edited February 2017
    duplicate.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    AndyJS said:

"A German court has upheld its ban on a satirical poem that mocks Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
    The Hamburg court said that it stands by its order, issued last May, which prohibited republication of parts of a poem by German comic Jan Boehmermann.
    The satirist, who is barred for repeating the majority of the verses, says he will appeal the verdict."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38934027

Surely the problem is the law rather than the Court?

The law bans insulting foreign heads of State as I recall, and goes back decades. A repeal would be very timely to get ready for the visit of the Donald!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/339081526/Sunday-Methodology

I think they had Trump 7% ahead in their last Iowa Poll. He won it by 9%.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027
    Now that I've bagged the first.. new thread!
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    Jobabob said:

Noises! She is a nice lady and telegenic but has no experience. This rumour appears to be the product of the overactive sense of humour of a Labour insider. Perhaps @NickPalmer could shed some light on this?

No, I'm not sufficiently in touch with much of the current PLP to comment on views of individuals, and anyway I try to avoid doing that. The general PLP mood at the moment, I gather, is to feel to things are grim, but that Corbyn made the necessary call on A50 and has improved at PMQs. So although most MPs would very much prefer to have a clear vote-winner, they aren't now quite in the Anyone But Corbyn mood that many were a year ago, and will wait for after 2020 or until a clearly stronger candidate whom the members might accept emerges. They'll be interested to see how RLB gets on, no more than that for now.
This discussion has been closed.