Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After this afternoon and last week’s PMQs there will be a l

2»

Comments

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Has the Cheshire Farmer or any of his numerous tag teams actually expressed any form of remorse for the ones who died unnnecessarily..I didn't spot one... It was all about how cuddly Burnham and his predessors were..Sad
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

Not a good example in that article.

You think not?

Perhaps a closer look will aid you lest you cast any more aspersions on how 'deserving' or not that family is for your PB tory welfare test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMzzkYhp0Q8

Mick I have a severley disabled granddaughter the NHS has been fantastic, as have the special needs school she attends.

I watched the report on channel 4 news.

These grandparents looking after their grandson were an inspiration, if the state had to step in it would cost a fortune.
    Even the coalition minister looked shocked by this hard case and promised to look into it.
    I really hope he does, surely as a country we can look again at this case,and others like it.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Meow.

Twitter
    Jim Murphy ‏@jimmurphymp 4m
    Good to see my good friend Len McLuskey making the case for UK nuclear submarine building. http://shar.es/knrGb via @unitetheunion
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    fitalass said:

The birth of a Royal baby. :)

RobD said:

Maybe Ed is hoping that the mother of all squirrels turns up in the next few days. Convenient timing ;)

Burnham dropped C4 News, and was last seen on a moped delivering a large Vindaloo to Kensington Palace.
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    ROGER

PLEASE PROVIDE A BULLETPROOF LINK FOR YOUR ASSERTION ABOUT HUNT'S BRIEFING OR EDIT YOUR OWN COMMENT PLEASE
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,895
    Considering advertising/PR depends more than most other professions on employing the best personnel Cameron's record with Crosby and Coulson is mystifying. I'm beginning tothink when Cameron took up politics Carlton had a lucky escape.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited July 2013

@Pork

As you no doubt realise, that photo has no bearing on the arguments I made in my comment.

As you have clearly failed to realise, it's not a photo it's a video of a family struggling the best they can to cope with a profoundly disabled child and it's the same family from the article.

Your so called arguments were merely excuses to cast aspersions on whether one third of those disabled being turned down deserved to have discretionary housing payments.

Same old nasty party.
    Joanna Dobson ‏@JoannaCDobson 4h

Disabled people cutting food, tenants in arrears for the first time: effects of #BedroomTax as seen by housing expert http://www.housing.org.uk/media/david-orrs-blog/the-first-100-days-of-the-bedroom-tax
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    One other observation. Labour and its supporters always claim that the NHS is "Our NHS"
    As the service is paid for from taxation and the Labour Party bang on about how Tories earn more money than poor downtrodden Labour supporters, this must mean that Tory taxpayers actually pick up more of the cost than Labour do. How long would the "Labour NHS" survive without the taxes from the people who do not support Labour..Just a thought
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

The egregious Priti Patel has asked a Parliamentary Querstion about the number of letters the Secretary of State has received about 14 ....FOURTEEN ..... named NHS Trusts, only one of which directly affects her consituents, although admittedly perhaps another might.

How much did that cost?

Zero, or near as damn it.

The costs of the civil servants were being paid anyway
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

As you no doubt realise, that photo has no bearing on the arguments I made in my comment.

As you have clearly failed to realise, it's not a photo it's a video of a family struggling the best they can to cope with a profoundly disabled child and it's the same family from the article.

Your so called arguments were merely excuses to cast aspersions on whether one third of those disabled being turned down deserved to have discretionary housing payments.

Same old nasty party.
    Joanna Dobson ‏@JoannaCDobson 4h

Disabled people cutting food, tenants in arrears for the first time: effects of #BedroomTax as seen by housing expert http://www.housing.org.uk/media/david-orrs-blog/the-first-100-days-of-the-bedroom-tax

Never mind Mick. Come Independence it's no longer Scotland's problem.

Perhaps Salmond can persuade his good friend Donald Trump to buy everyone solid gold wheelchairs?

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Labour and its supporters always claim that the NHS is "Our NHS"

It would be ironic, if poetic, if Andy Burnham's last act as Shadow Secretary of State for Health is to finally destroy the NHS as an electoral advantage for Labour.

Some might see it as justice.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yorkcity said:

Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

You think not?

Perhaps a closer look will aid you lest you cast any more aspersions on how 'deserving' or not that family is for your PB tory welfare test.

Mick I have a severley disabled granddaughter the NHS has been fantastic, as have the special needs school she attends.

These grandparents looking after their grandson were an inspiration, if the state had to step in it would cost a fortune.
    About £5000 a week.

It's not that exceptional a case though sadly and there are plenty more just as acute and iniquitous.
    PIPS ‏@PIPSTOCKPORT 1h

Carers delivered "BedroomTax" letters to number 10. http://fb.me/YvCo3rVb
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Confusing article on the Telegraph.... the tag line under the photo seems a bit harsh...

"William Hague did not merely let himself down on the Today programme, he also damaged the reputation of Britain"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10183572/Labour-showed-astonishing-arrogance-and-short-sighted-stupidity-for-agreeing-Lisbon-Treaty-says-William-Hague.html
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

Yorkcity said:

Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

You think not?

Even the coalition minister looked shocked by this hard case and promised to look into it.
    I really hope he does, surely as a country we can look again at this case,and others like it.
    He wasn't a minister, he's Andrew Selous MP, before that they put Harriett Baldwin on Newsnight, the DWP refuse to put up ministers to defend this abomination.
    Perhaps Cameron with his experience of caring for a disabled child should do it.
    A bedroom tax diversion.

http://www.meganboley.com/content/122708_a.jpg

• Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    tim said:

Yorkcity said:

Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

You think not?

He wasn't a minister, he's Andrew Selous MP, before that they put Harriett Baldwin on Newsnight, the DWP refuse to put up ministers to defend this abomination.
    Perhaps Cameron with his experience of caring for a disabled child should do it.
    Too many disabled people claiming benefit?

Put Burnham in charge.

That'll thin the ranks...
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,016
    edited July 2013
    @Pork

As I have said before, I am not a Tory.

You post a video to which I am supposed to have an emotional response (which I do), that is supposed to trump dispassionate argument. Which it don't.

I merely made the point that the son received the DLA care component which is not supposed to be an income top-up, it is supposed to pay for the costs of personal care. So it does not on the face of it seem unreasonable to expect it to go towards the third bedroom which is used to house a respite carer. I note that the article has not made the point that it was already being used for care costs.

I was not "casting aspersions", I was questioning whether there was a rational reason for all disabled people to be automatically be exempted from the bedroom tax, which seems to be the point being made by the article.

And we are not told what the Rutherfords receive in benefits. So it's hard to be able to judge whether the loss of £13.50 a week is an iniquity or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

Yorkcity said:

Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

You think not?

A bedroom tax diversion.

You and the pathetic Wotcher really are doing your level best to confirm the tories are the nasty party again aren't you Seth O Logue?

Would you and Wotcher like to make fun of these disabled people and medical experts too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frP86R9ZNCM
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,323
    I wonder if Ed will sack Burnham. My guess is that Burnham will hand in some stomach-churning resignation letter and Labour will orchestrate a national day of mourning over it, as they did when the hapless Estelle Morris slung her hook.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    So re the NHS. Pretty much the conversation that I had with my righter-winger mates as posted the other day. And nothing to surprise a public sector frontliner.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,016
    I think tim has had to phone in sick from the stress of defending Burnham, the last comment appears to have been written by a random word generator. Or at least a tim-emulator bot.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    for those visiting England's finest Victorian city (Liverpool), don't forget the sights...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Liverpool
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public_art_in_Liverpool

"Fifty years ago, it must have outdone anything in England...", Iain Nairn, 1967
  • Options
    What a blooper, suspect it will soon be changed. :) Mean time, yet another line of attack is launched against the Labour Party's record in Office. Looks like its going to be a long hot summer.

" The Foreign Secretary made his outspoken attack as he set out the Conservatives’ plans on Britain’s relationship with the European Union.

He said that that bringing in the Treaty “without consulting the voters in any way at all” was an “astonishing act of arrogance and short-sighted stupidity”.

Mr Hague said that enshrining the Treaty in law “did severe damage to the EU’s democratic legitimacy in this country”. The treaty has proven to be deeply controversial because it extended the powers of European Commission bureaucrats to impose laws on Britons.

It also gave the EU a formal legal personality which moved it towards being considered as a state, as well as the creation of a new role of foreign minister."

Confusing article on the Telegraph.... the tag line under the photo seems a bit harsh...

"William Hague did not merely let himself down on the Today programme, he also damaged the reputation of Britain"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10183572/Labour-showed-astonishing-arrogance-and-short-sighted-stupidity-for-agreeing-Lisbon-Treaty-says-William-Hague.html

• Options

I wonder if Ed will sack Burnham. My guess is that Burnham will hand in some stomach-churning resignation letter and Labour will orchestrate a national day of mourning over it, as they did when the hapless Estelle Morris slung her hook.

What odds he'll do a Watson, refuse the offer, and U turn 2 days later?

• Options
    Liverpool is a plastic sh*t hole with as much relevance as Alton Towers.
  • Options

What odds he'll do a Watson, refuse the offer, and U turn 2 days later?

We'll have to wait for his notes from the toilet to see
  • Options

I think tim has had to phone in sick from the stress of defending Burnham, the last comment appears to have been written by a random word generator. Or at least a tim-emulator bot.

2 bottles of Chilean Merlot and he's in full on fisty-fight mode.

• Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Tim

I did not realise, he was not a mininster, just presumed he was.

My partner is a senior nursing sister in the NHS working on short stay admissisions ward.

The trained nurse to patient ratio during the night is 16 to 1.

During the day 10.3 to 1 plus 1 trained co-ordinating for 32 beds.
  • Options
    MontyMonty Posts: 346
    It would be a massive mistake to fire Andy Burnham, but then I assume you all know that. It would be tantamount to an admission of guilt. If you honestly think Ed Miliband should sack him then no wonder there's so much panic in Tory ranks at every sniff of a crisis.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,366
    Nearly all the German polls now showing Merkel+FDP marginally ahead - interesting turnaround:

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/index.htm
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Tim

I did not realise, he was not a mininster, just presumed he was.

My partner is a senior nursing sister in the NHS working on short stay admissisions ward.

The trained nurse to patient ratio during the night is 16 to 1.

During the day 10.3 to 1 plus 1 trained co-ordinating for 32 beds.

"The trained nurse to patient ratio during the night is 16 to 1."

16 nurses for 1 patient?

Wow. When I get sick, I want to be there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mick_Pork said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Yorkcity said:

Mick_Pork said:

@Pork

You think not?

A bedroom tax diversion.

You and the pathetic Wotcher really are doing your level best to confirm the tories are the nasty party again aren't you Seth O Logue?

Would you and Wotcher like to make fun of these disabled people and medical experts too?

Any media producer can film a family suffering hardship caring for a disabled child and generate sympathy for a cause.

John Lilburne has already provided a more than adequate response to you on this issue.

Each case should be assessed by a qualified and competent council official and a decision made within the law based on all facts relevant to the application.

There is sufficient provision of resources within the spare room subsidy law and regulations to provide for exceptional cases.

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Monty said:

It would be a massive mistake to fire Andy Burnham, but then I assume you all know that. It would be tantamount to an admission of guilt. If you honestly think Ed Miliband should sack him then no wonder there's so much panic in Tory ranks at every sniff of a crisis.

The only bigger mistake would be if Cerise left it and Burnham had a meltdown on live telly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Monty said:

Ed could have been ruthless, grasped the agenda and neutralised any Tory attack by sacking Burnham today. An admission of failure by a former SoS who has now been sacked actually plays into Ed's whole schtick about abandoning New Labour

Instead, Burnham hangs around like a bad smell. Every time he appears, people are reminded of the 81 times he refused an inquiry into mid staffs. Expect him to appear on Tory election posters next time
  • Options
    MrJones said:

Monty said:

The only bigger mistake would be if Cerise left it and Burnham had a meltdown on live telly.
    Highly likely *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Monty said:

Ed could have been ruthless, grasped the agenda and neutralised any Tory attack by sacking Burnham today. An admission of failure by a former SoS who has now been sacked actually plays into Ed's whole schtick about abandoning New Labour

Instead, Burnham hangs around like a bad smell. Every time he appears, people are reminded of the 81 times he refused an inquiry into mid staffs. Expect him to appear on Tory election posters next time
    Rubbish from the Tories on here as usual.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Nearly all the German polls now showing Merkel+FDP marginally ahead - interesting turnaround:

God help the EU if Merkel is defeated, Nick. The sharks are already coasting the Mediterranean shores.

• Options
    Monty said:

Rubbish from the Tories on here as usual.

When Ed finally does sack Burnham, months too late, we look forward to your apology :-)
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    MrJones said:

Monty said:

I've been rather shocked by the deterioration in Burnham's physical condition , he looks bloated and drained. I think he needs a rest and should resign.
  • Options
    There may be reshuffles in the future. What you DON'T do is panic and sack your people at the first sign of trouble. But then you know that.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    AveryLP said:

God help the EU if Merkel is defeated, Nick. The sharks are already coasting the Mediterranean shores.

I'm sure there will be some element of tactical voting for the FDP by Merkels supporters, ensuring they are comfortably over the 5% threshold.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Monty said:

There may be reshuffles in the future. What you DON'T do is panic and sack your people at the first sign of trouble. But then you know that.

well yes. but then this is a guy who was once considered good enough to be Labour leader, the reserve if Ed fell under a bus, and today he just looked plain dire, a rabbit caught in the headlights. Can you see his career coming back from this ?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,423
    RodCrosby said:

for those visiting England's finest Victorian city (Liverpool), don't forget the sights...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Liverpool
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public_art_in_Liverpool

"Fifty years ago, it must have outdone anything in England...", Iain Nairn, 1967

Victorian? I thought you said the Luftwaffe did you guys a favour!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Monty said:

And then you get accused of being an idiot for holding on to them and then weak when you sack them. At least if you are Cameron being attacked by the timbot
  • Options
    Monty said:

There may be reshuffles in the future. What you DON'T do is panic and sack your people at the first sign of trouble.

Andy Burnham has been a liability since Mid Staffs. Ed had his chance, and fluffed it.

But then you know that.
  • Options

Monty said:

well yes. but then this is a guy who was once considered good enough to be Labour leader, the reserve if Ed fell under a bus, and today he just looked plain dire, a rabbit caught in the headlights. Can you see his career coming back from this ?
    Too early to say. However, I never saw him as leadership material anyway. He didn't do very well last leadership election. That said, a week is a long time and all that.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    edited July 2013
    @Scott_P

'Instead, Burnham hangs around like a bad smell. Every time he appears, people are reminded of the 81 times he refused an inquiry into mid staffs'

Time for Abbott to replace Andy,after all she was also a leadership contender?
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523

MrJones said:

Monty said:

I've been rather shocked by the deterioration in Burnham's physical condition , he looks bloated and drained. I think he needs a rest and should resign.
    He is starting to look a bit rough.
  • Options
    Monty said:

Monty said:

Too early to say. However, I never saw him as leadership material anyway. He didn't do very well last leadership election. That said, a week is a long time and all that.
    so if he's not leadership material who is ? As I posted earlier increasingly the question is not did Labour choose the right Miliband, but did Labour choose the right Ed ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

Back in the real world.

@MSmithsonPB: Those polled in latest ComRes poll gave Jeremy Hunt the lowest "performing" well rating behind both Osborne & Gove
    http://t.co/ktcl6qAbRs

It almost unfeasible to poll worse than Gove, yet Jeremy Chum manages it.

Doesn't matter.

Your Chum Dan says it was 'job done' for Jezzer.
  • Options
    tim said:

Back in the real world.

@MSmithsonPB: Those polled in latest ComRes poll gave Jeremy Hunt the lowest "performing" well rating behind both Osborne & Gove

LOL so given Jeremy was still smiling this afternoon that must make Burnham plankton.
  • Options
    Abbott to replace Burnham...yes yes yes.. please.
  • Options
    Hunt also had the highest 'Don't Knows' figure in this poll which could indicate he still doesn't have a particularly high profile among the public yet despite the amount of coverage he receives on this site.

tim said:

Back in the real world.

LOL so given Jeremy was still smiling this afternoon that must make Burnham plankton.
  • Options
    tim said:

Back in the real world.

Worth printing that and having it framed, tim.

After today's performance, Hunt's positive ratings will become rocket propelled.

And when they go into orbit, you will should be able to sell evidence of the take-off pad on eBay.
  • Options
    CiF are having some sort of collective nervous breakdown/shared hallucination:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jul/16/jeremy-hunt-care-nhs-hospitals?commentpage=2#start-of-comments

Apparently it's all been faked by the Tories to allow them to privatize the NHS. Miliband needs to show true leadership here - rise above the hysteria and the madness, admit that grave mistakes were made and fire Burnham. And this pantomime of Burnham claiming victimhood (with the help of his PLP colleagues) is only adding to the sense of a Labour party losing its grip.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Met chief Hogan-Howe refuses to release the names of the dead children used by undercover police to the children's family.

The Home Secretary should instruct him to do so within 24 hrs or dismiss him forthwith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23324783
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    In topic - Bercow is clearly on a mission - free money.
  • Options

CiF are having some sort of collective nervous breakdown/shared hallucination:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jul/16/jeremy-hunt-care-nhs-hospitals?commentpage=2#start-of-comments

Apparently it's all been faked by the Tories to allow them to privatize the NHS. Miliband needs to show true leadership here - rise above the hysteria and the madness, admit that grave mistakes were made and fire Burnham. And this pantomime of Burnham claiming victimhood (with the help of his PLP colleagues) is only adding to the sense of a Labour party losing its grip.

vote Bob Crow for real leadership.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Using an opposition day motion, Labour has called for a three hour debate on the Keogh report and NHS tomorrow.

Oh dear.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

Ed is really losing his grip.
  • Options
    Abbot ? Yes a shadow home secretary that screams good health.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Using their opposition day motion, Labour call for three hour debate on the Keogh report and NHS tomorrow.

Oh dear.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

It's not Zulu Dawn any more - it's carry on matron.
  • Options
    Monty said:

The only course of action more foolish than sacking Burnham is to keep him in place.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,005
    Mr. Flashman (deceased), it's hard to disagree. I wonder if we'll see Bercow tell the Conservatives how rubbish their policies are.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

AveryLP said:

Using their opposition day motion, Labour call for three hour debate on the Keogh report and NHS tomorrow.

Oh dear.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

Today must be the worst day for Labour since the 6th May 2010.

I truly feel sorry for tim.

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,906
    The Tories need to be careful with this. Their trust ratings on the NHS are poor. Would be better playing this with a straighter bat.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Using an opposition day motion, Labour has called for a three hour debate on the Keogh report and NHS tomorrow.

Well, we all know what this is about: a massive damage limitation exercise. The Labour whips intend to force the entire PLP to declare it's unwavering support for Burnham. The leadership are spooked. This is turning into Disney Land.
  • Options
    tim said:

Monty said:

By who, Dan Hodges?

Bit of a slip there tim - it makes it look like you agree 'burnem's toast'. And you bff OGH was rushing to your defence - oh dear too late - it's all falling apart. Amazing the impact of one reputable opinion poll yesterday. It wuz ICM wot won it:)))
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    TGOHF said:

Monty said:

The only course of action more foolish than sacking Burnham is to keep him in place.
    The narrative might be Labour good Cons bad for NHS but as of today (for those who care) the associations will be:

Burnham = weasel constant reminder of whose fault it was in the first place
    Hunt = trying to sort it all out

Long may they both remain in place.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    @TGOHF wrote :

"It's not Zulu Dawn any more - it's carry on matron."

Are you volunteering to give Diane Abbott a bed bath ??
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

AveryLP said:

Oh dear.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

LOL

Carry On Nurse (1959)
    Carry On Doctor (1967)
    Carry On Matron (1972)

Carry On Burnham (2013)
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    On to less controversial topics, and there's a divergence between the bookies on the par Scottish independence referendum result. Paddy Power offer 5/6 whether you want to bet on the Yes vote being below 41.5% or above 41.5%, while Ladbrokes offer the same bet but based on Yes achieving or failing to achieve 37%.

I'm on Paddy Power at under 41.5% (that seems outrageously good value), but they won't let me put any more money on - or to be precise, they'll let me put another 9p on. Given the time differential till the referendum result, I don't see the Ladbrokes under bet as particularly good value, so I'm not taking that bet, but I'd rather be betting under than over.

Optimistic Scots nats should head for Ladbrokes, of course.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,572
    Nighthawks is now open
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

The Tories need to be careful with this. Their trust ratings on the NHS are poor. Would be better playing this with a straighter bat.

It's labout that's called the debate, they might also have a few problems as Bradsnaw and Johnson get pulled into the quagmire. ITN lunchtime said it was all an unedifying slanging match and the only loser will be the NHS and its reputation.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    I'm beginning to think tim's got a point on what goes on PB and the main media like the BBC.

What I've seen/heard on bbc reports,nothing hardly on burnham,more on nurses been cut from wards by this government.

• Options
    edited July 2013

I'm beginning to think tim's got a point on what goes on PB and the main media like the BBC.

What I've seen/heard on bbc reports,nothing hardly on burnham,more on nurses been cut from wards by this government.

The BBC saying bad things about the Tories. Never!
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Die Linke, of course, cannot be included in the SPD-Green calculations. As long as FDP get the 5% which CDU supporters will make sure they do, Merkel will be back.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Right, it's hard for a mid-term government to campaign on something the previous government is supposed to have done wrong. If a problem is fixed the voters don't need to care about it any more, and if it isn't fixed, why hasn't the current government fixed it yet?
This discussion has been closed.