Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The biggest cheer shadow chancellor McDonnell got was when he

Comments

• Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,204

chestnut said:

Well, one of the few things that made me shed tears this year was the murder of Jo Cox, so I'm ecstatic that the nazi scumbag that killed her has been locked up for life. Good riddance. Hopefully the security services will focus a bit more attention on these morons.

As for Labour, in view of their problems up front could they put in a big money bid for Caroline Lucas?

Labour could do with someone who can speak a foreign language - working class.

The working class really don't give a toss about climate change, carbon footprints, transgender issues and the troubles in Palestine.
    What they will give a toss about, however is when the clusterfuck that is Brexit leaves them thousands of pounds worse off. Of course they'll forget they voted for it st that point and blame the eejits who lied to them. Ho ho ho.
    But even if we accept your premise that Brexit will be a fuck up, they won't be worse off, in terms of seeing less money in their pocket. The just won't have as much as some smart arse Remainers will tell them they could have had. And those Remainers will have as much of a hearing from the working class as they had in the summer of 2016.....
    £1,000 per adult we're told. They'll realise eventually.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2016
    Trump says he’s going to get Apple to “build a big plant” in US

Trump indicated to columnist Thomas Friedman that he is going to double-down on bringing factory jobs back to America, especially in the Rust Belt from Michigan to Pennsylvania.

FRIEDMAN: Are you worried, though, that those companies will keep their factories here, but the jobs will be replaced by robots?
    TRUMP: They will, and we'll make the robots, too. [laughter]

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/11/trump-says-hes-going-to-get-apple-to-build-a-big-plant-in-us/

Trump going to build a big wall-ie
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Trump says he’s going to get Apple to “build a big plant” in US

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/11/trump-says-hes-going-to-get-apple-to-build-a-big-plant-in-us/

An apple tree?

See, he does care about the environment.
  • Options
    I know we're not getting a second referendum, but if we did, I reckon this would be a referendum winning slogan

'Brexit will cost £58.7bn. Let's spend it on the NHS instead.'
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

I know we're not getting a second referendum, but if we did, I reckon this would be a referendum winning slogan

On the side of a vehicle of some kind, perhaps...
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

All the figures are lies, they should all be ignored.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

chestnut said:

Well, one of the few things that made me shed tears this year was the murder of Jo Cox, so I'm ecstatic that the nazi scumbag that killed her has been locked up for life. Good riddance. Hopefully the security services will focus a bit more attention on these morons.

As for Labour, in view of their problems up front could they put in a big money bid for Caroline Lucas?

The working class really don't give a toss about climate change, carbon footprints, transgender issues and the troubles in Palestine.
    What they will give a toss about, however is when the clusterfuck that is Brexit leaves them thousands of pounds worse off. Of course they'll forget they voted for it st that point and blame the eejits who lied to them. Ho ho ho.
    And that's why Labour are going nowhere useful. Cloth ears. They don't like their voters.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Or about 5 years of our net EU contributions. After which we'll have broken even on the whole thing ;)
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    After having just completed a number of plane trips across to and round the USA I was wondering if people here are recliners or non recliners.

The reason I ask is I believe there is a clue here to the mentality of people who vote Trump or Brexit...are they selfish, miserable, cannot give a fuck about other people who recline down without a care in the world....and I think more likely to support Trump/Brexit; or are they compassionate considerate folk who wouldn't dream of invading the space/upsetting a fellow human being....a Remainer or Liberal.

I think this is an interesting social survey.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610

'The Remain supporting chancellor has cost us £61.3bn let's spend it on the NHS instead'
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,901

MP_SE said:

Ben Carson has accepted HUD secretary role. I am sure he will quickly be smeared with allegations of being a white nationalist anti-Semite...

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/801532341718044674

Oh God, he's going to start putting America's homeless in pyramids isn't he?
    Nah. They are full of grain from the seven good harvests.
    Holy feck sticks, Ben Carson is an evolution denier, and thinks Charles Darwin came up with evolution thanks to Satan.

That's the same moronic thinking that creationists come up with to deny gravity by saying flowers grow upwards.
    Ceationism is fascinating.

It is best seen as the prototype conspiracy theory, about which any facts can be twisted or ignored. It is why it is so common amongst alt.right types. Believe that bunkum and you are a sucker for the remainder of their post truth politics.

For comedy value, I used to follow some creationists, nothing will ever top this

That cannot be genuine. Can it?

And 'no chance to survive as a species'? They were around for millions of years!
  • Options

Do people really believe the NHS matters that much to voters, still?

If it did, Labour would have waltzed home in 2010 and 2015.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,874

chestnut said:

There's no evidence that people will be thousands of pounds worth off.

You're asking us to take it on faith. Rather like creationism.
  • Options
    tyson said:

After having just completed a number of plane trips across to and round the USA I was wondering if people here are recliners or non recliners.

The reason I ask is I believe there is a clue here to the mentality of people who vote Trump or Brexit...are they selfish, miserable, cannot give a fuck about other people who recline down without a care in the world....and I think more likely to support Trump/Brexit; or are they compassionate considerate folk who wouldn't dream of invading the space/upsetting a fellow human being....a Remainer or Liberal.

Unspoofable :D
  • Options

chestnut said:

If Brexit is a success, many more people will remember voting for it. If it is a clusterfuck, many will indeed forget voting for it. I'm working on my defence already, just in case.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Ben Carson has accepted HUD secretary role. I am sure he will quickly be smeared with allegations of being a white nationalist anti-Semite...

Holy feck sticks, Ben Carson is an evolution denier, and thinks Charles Darwin came up with evolution thanks to Satan.

That's the same moronic thinking that creationists come up with to deny gravity by saying flowers grow upwards.

It is best seen as the prototype conspiracy theory, about which any facts can be twisted or ignored. It is why it is so common amongst alt.right types. Believe that bunkum and you are a sucker for the remainder of their post truth politics.

For comedy value, I used to follow some creationists, nothing will ever top this

And 'no chance to survive as a species'? They were around for millions of years!
    Genuine comments from creationists
  • Options
    tyson said:

I Brexited and would not dream of invading someone's personal space, I'd put up with anything short of another person jabbing their elbow into my face to avoid disturbing them.

Also, though I do not share this aspect of it, don't most Brexiters (and no few Remainers) worry about immigrants taking up their personal space?
  • Options
    tyson said:

"Tyson" - that's what chavs call their staffs.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

'The Remain supporting chancellor has cost us £61.3bn let's spend it on the NHS instead'
    I reckon it will all come down to if we go Hard Brexit/WTO rules
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,506
    Pulpstar said:

MP_SE said:

All Abrahamic extremists seem to be raging homophobes !
    Or that could be a spoof image?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Genuine question - how do you tell the difference between a man and a lady T-Rex? :D
  • Options
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

And that's why Labour are going nowhere useful. Cloth ears. They don't like their voters.
    I wouldn't know. I'm not one.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,961
    Michigan:

https://twitter.com/greggiroux/status/801540659681394688

Should be called by AP soon enough.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

George Osborne said it, and the Autumn statement seemed to confirm it?
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Treating dinosaurs as one species is amusing in itself. Dim bulbs.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Yes, I think it does, which is why the £350 million bus slogan worked. In my pre referendum anecdata I reported several overheard patient conversations on that meme.

Social conservatism in Britain is not creationist, anti-abortion or racist as it is in Trumpland. It is mostly about harkening back to well paying jobs that required little formal education, backed up by council housing, the NHS and State pensions.

Remember that only a small minority of Britons use private medicine and that the shared social endeavour of the NHS is part of the reason it is so valued. The minority with any pension other than the state one is not much bigger.

• Options

Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

Very droll.

Osborne said it and some economists' forecast backed him up.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

chestnut said:

Yes, I think it does, which is why the £350 million bus slogan worked. In my pre referendum anecdata I reported several overheard patient conversations on that meme.

Social conservatism in Britain is not creationist, anti-abortion or racist as it is in Trumpland. It is mostly about harkening back to well paying jobs that required little formal education, backed up by council housing, the NHS and State pensions.

Remember that only a small minority of Britons use private medicine and that the shared social endeavour of the NHS is part of the reason it is so valued. The minority with any pension other than the state one is not much bigger.

Do people care more about the money being sent to the EU, or the money being sent to the NHS?
  • Options

MaxPB said:

I reckon it will all come down to if we go Hard Brexit/WTO rules
    Yeah, but I don't think hard Brexit will be £122bn bad. The government just had a huge set piece for expectations management and set an incredibly low baseline for Brexit to be considered a success. Just think, in the run up to 2020, even if its a crap deal the government would still be able to call it a success based on these figures that came immediately after the referendum.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    I'm on a work laptop, so I'm not googling it, but I think searching something along the lines of 'creationist dinosaur museum homosexuality' will point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    RobD said:

chestnut said:

Do people care more about the money being sent to the EU, or the money being sent to the NHS?
    Both, in my experience.

Of course it is not a zero sum game. While we stop paying the contributions (at least in some forms of Brexit) the money has vanished like the morning mist because of slower growth.

The truth is that there never will be any £350 million for the NHS nor anything else. It is gone with the wind.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

Hardly. The Autumn Statement points to continued economic growth.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

which is why the £350 million bus slogan worked.

I've never heard a soul say they voted Leave because of this. Not one. I suspect some people are humouring their audience, especially if they perceive them to be pro-EU, when they say it did.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Not as dim as people who see an image with some bullet points and instantly believe it to be a genuine tract from a group of people on the basis of zero evidence. Apart from anything else, do you really think that dour, homophobic God-botherers go in for depictions of gay dinosaur sex?

Bigoted hatetheists believing any old shite because it massages their prejudices - exactly what they accuse others of.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

Of course it is not a zero sum game. While we stop paying the contributions (at least in some forms of Brexit) the money has vanished like the morning mist because of slower growth.

The truth is that there never will be any £350 million for the NHS nor anything else. It is gone with the wind.
    The money has only vanished if growth is permanently lower. The forecast today had it going back to trend towards the end of the forecast period. So we'll be growing at a similar rate, without having to pay however many billions per year on aid to other EU countries. Sounds like a net gain for the economy.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    I'm on a work laptop, so I'm not googling it, but I think searching something along the lines of 'creationist dinosaur museum homosexuality' will point you in the right direction.
    So how did you manage to post the image in the first place?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

which is why the £350 million bus slogan worked.

I've never heard a soul say they voted Leave because of this. Not one. I suspect some people are humouring their audience, especially if they perceive them to be pro-EU, when they say it did.
    I certainly overheard it in conversations in the waiting room, though obviously conversations are more likely to turn that way amongst patients watching overstretched staff, compared with conversations elsewhere.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    I had it saved on here a while back
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited November 2016
    Rupert Murdoch says that under the reign of Trump the strongest voice in the White House after the vice-president's may belong to a man who owns a New York skyscraper with the address 666 Fifth Avenue. The building houses the headquarters of the man's business empire, and according to Forbes magazine it has mezuzahs over every office door. (That's a lot of instances of the words that say in Hebrew "Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one".) Oh and this powerful man in the "impeccably tailored suit" is married to Trump's daughter. Yes, it's Jared Kushner.

The article I just linked to is partly puff but it's interesting for its information about just how hot Donald Trump's campaign actually was.

Marine Le Pen is a politican and in that respect not comparable to Donald Trump. One needs to watch for her running a similarly hot campaign, and if she does I doubt whether many media commentators on either side of the Channel will be able to get their heads round it.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    @Tyson

I doubt you can divide voters by reclining etiquette (!) but here goes my 2p.

I Brexited but wouldn't have Trumped. However, I do believe in reclining rules. Always look behind, never ever sudden movements (drinks can go everywhere), full reclining unless empty behind a no no. moderation in all so maybe a two notch recline is acceptable to sleep without cramping up the seat occupant behind?
  • Options

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

It depends whether growth will turn out to be lower.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,356
    Hammond is just so boring. Its really hard to listen to him as he carefully reads what others have written for him.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

The money has only vanished if growth is permanently lower. The forecast today had it going back to trend towards the end of the forecast period. So we'll be growing at a similar rate, without having to pay however many billions per year on aid to other EU countries. Sounds like a net gain for the economy.
    We would only regain the money if growth accelerated post Brexit, over historic trend and forecasts, in order to cross the slopes have to be not parallel.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

tyson said:

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

You must have missed the bit about being 122bn worse off Sean. Or did you file it away as yesterdays news like the 350m for the NHS.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

We would only regain the money if growth accelerated post Brexit, over historic trend and forecasts, in order to cross the slopes have to be not parallel.
    Does that ignore the fact we will no longer be sending billions a year to the EU? After not being in the EU for a hundred years we will have not sent on the order of a trillion pounds. So if growth is the same, where did that money go?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited November 2016
    Italy — 22 consecutive polls with No in the lead, although it's not large in most of them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Italian_constitutional_referendum,_2016
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289

Twenty three days too late for Halloween

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/801523084008325120

Chocolate covered Brussels Sprouts.
  • Options

chestnut said:

tyson said:

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

You must have missed the bit about being 122bn worse off Sean. Or did you file it away as yesterdays news like the 350m for the NHS.
    I did indeed miss that our economy will decline by £122 bn from today.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

Does that ignore the fact we will no longer be sending billions a year to the EU? After not being in the EU for a hundred years we will have not sent on the order of a trillion pounds. So if growth is the same, where did that money go?
    The money never existed because the economy was smaller throughout.

You are correct in saying that the amount of money would stretch to a trillion in time, if the growth remained on the same slope as before, but delayed by a couple of years. That is the magic of compounding (or in the case of Brexit a delay in compounding).

Or to put it another way, I can never catch up with my brothers age no matter how long we both live!
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Sean_F said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone on this small planet with any economic credibility saying that Brexit makes economic sense....
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    Saltire said:

MikeL said:

"Hillary Clinton urged to call for election vote recount in battleground states"

"Alleged irregularities in key states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin prompt demands for audit amid concerns over ‘foreign hackers’"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/hillary-clinton-election-vote-recount-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin

Mike this was the subject of the thread this morning. The general consensus is that this is pretty weak and is going nowhere.
    Many apologies - was out this morning - hadn't looked two threads down.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Twenty three days too late for Halloween

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/801523084008325120

Chocolate covered Brussels Sprouts.
    Euro chocolates! Not good old imperal anglophone ones...
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Sean_F said:

I did indeed miss that our economy will decline by £122 bn from today.

Look how many times the £4,300 figure has been quoted as though it would be a loss. When in reality it was based on a difference between two scenarios of 31% and 37% growth by 2030. Not that we should take any long term economic forecasts seriously.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Not as dim as people who see an image with some bullet points and instantly believe it to be a genuine tract from a group of people on the basis of zero evidence. Apart from anything else, do you really think that dour, homophobic God-botherers go in for depictions of gay dinosaur sex?

Bigoted hatetheists believing any old shite because it massages their prejudices - exactly what they accuse others of.
    It is perfectly possible the quotes are genuine and somebody uploaded it onto a satirical image for effect. Though I have trouble believing the quotes are real in the absence of proof, your predilection for conspiracy theories makes your outrage less impactful; most theorists seem to think there can be only two options - either it is entirely true, or entirely false - when perhaps there's a bit more nuance to it.

And yes, before you ask, I don't care about upsetting Creationists with mockery; I know deeply deeply religious people who do the same, so I feel I'm on safe ground.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,857
    Bring Back Balls!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Bring Back Balls!

We've had Glitter Balls and Flaming Balls, what about Sterling Balls?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

It is perfectly possible the quotes are genuine and somebody uploaded it onto a satirical image for effect. Though I have trouble believing the quotes are real in the absence of proof, your predilection for conspiracy theories makes your outrage less impactful; most theorists seem to think there can be only two options - either it is entirely true, or entirely false - when perhaps there's a bit more nuance to it.

And yes, before you ask, I don't care about upsetting Creationists with mockery; I know deeply deeply religious people who do the same, so I feel I'm on safe ground.
    That was a bit mean of me. I apologise.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    What are you afraid your search would throw up?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

How very neutral of you ;)
  • Options
    @Kle4

I believe the quotes are from Ken Ham, who is a creationist, who in the past has said things like dinosaurs were on the Ark with Noah.

Dinosaurs first existed around 6,000 years ago. Because dinosaurs were land animals, and God made all the land animals on day six of the creation week, dinosaurs were created on day six. Dinosaurs could not have died out before this time because death, bloodshed, disease and suffering is a result of Adam's sin. Adam and Eve were also made on day six alongside the dinosaurs - so dinosaurs lived with people.

Representatives of all the KINDS of land animals, including the dinosaur kinds went on board Noah's ark. All those that were left behind drowned in the cataclysmic circumstances of the Flood - many of their remains became fossils. After the Flood (around 4,500 years ago), the land animals (including dinosaurs) came off the ark and lived in the present world, beside people. Because of sin, the judgement of the curse and the effects of the Flood have greatly changed the earth. Since the Flood, many animals have died out from diseases, a lack of food, etc. The dinosaurs, like many other creatures, seem to have also died out

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ken_Ham#Great_Dinosaur_Mystery_Solved.21_.282000.29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ham

He also came out with this doozie

The Bible states that two of every kind of land animal and seven of some went onto the Ark. It doesn’t say two of every species went onto the Ark but “kinds.” There are thousands of species of dinosaurs, but there are only about fifty families of dinosaurs. And since the biblical kind is thought to correspond to the family level in most cases, there would have been only about one hundred dinosaurs on the Ark—not thousands.

For instance, there are many different long-neck sauropods, such as Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Saltasaurus, and Diplodocus, but only two needed to go onto the Ark if they were just one kind. This fact dramatically reduces the estimated number of dinosaurs on the Ark. Also, even though some dinosaurs grew to be large creatures, the average size was only about the size of a large sheep or bison. Even the largest dinosaurs were quite small when hatched. The Lord may have selected younger (and therefore smaller) representatives of some of the larger kinds, so there was plenty of room for all of the dinosaur kinds aboard the Ark.

If dinosaurs sailed on the Ark, where are they today? Different animal species become extinct every day for various reasons. After the Flood, the environment and habitat were drastically changed. Many dinosaurs may not have been as suited to the post-Flood world because of these changes. Interestingly, it appears that some of the dinosaur kinds that did survive a long time after the Flood became known as dragons. Dragon legends abound all over the world.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/answers-in-genesis/read/articles/dinosaurs-on-the-ark-16285.html
  • Options
    tyson said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone on this small planet with any economic credibility saying that Brexit makes economic sense....
    Economically, there's not much in it either way.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883

Britain needs an opposition far better than Labour is providing

If only we had Dim Farron
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,542
    edited November 2016
    Charles said:

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    What are you afraid your search would throw up?
    A few months ago, for a PB thread I was writing, I googled 'Do bears have foreskins' and it brought up all sorts of gay hook up sites WITH PICTURES AND VIDEOS because I forgot a bear is a certain type of gay man.
  • Options
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Someone commenting on that tweet suggested Gary Gritter.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Someone commenting on that tweet suggested Gary Gritter.
    But that would only do minor roads?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137

OR....

"Brexit has already cost £58.7bn. We have a Budget to prove it. But that was a small price to pay, to epically piss off the French..."
  • Options
    edited November 2016

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    I Googled. The statements originate from the forum here:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88288

Which is a SPOOF website and forum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

Without even looking it up this was OBVIOUSLY satire; you'd have to be deluded to think anything else.
  • Options
    The Boulder Mobile, driven by Rock and Gravel.....
  • Options

@Kle4

I believe the quotes are from Ken Ham, who is a creationist, who in the past has said things like dinosaurs were on the Ark with Noah.

Dinosaurs first existed around 6,000 years ago. Because dinosaurs were land animals, and God made all the land animals on day six of the creation week, dinosaurs were created on day six. Dinosaurs could not have died out before this time because death, bloodshed, disease and suffering is a result of Adam's sin. Adam and Eve were also made on day six alongside the dinosaurs - so dinosaurs lived with people.

Representatives of all the KINDS of land animals, including the dinosaur kinds went on board Noah's ark. All

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ken_Ham#Great_Dinosaur_Mystery_Solved.21_.282000.29

The Bible states that two of every kind of land animal and seven of some went onto the Ark. It doesn’t say two of every species went onto the Ark but “kinds.” There are thousands of species of dinosaurs, but there are only about fifty families of dinosaurs. And since the biblical kind is thought to correspond to the family level in most cases, there would have been only about one hundred dinosaurs on the Ark—not thousands.

For instance, there are many different long-neck sauropods, such as Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Saltasaurus, and Diplodocus, but only two needed to go onto the Ark if they were just one kind. This fact dramatically reduces the estimated number of dinosaurs on the Ark. Also, even though some dinosaurs grew to be large creatures, the average size was only about the size of a large sheep or bison. Even the largest dinosaurs were quite small when hatched. The Lord may have selected younger (and therefore smaller) representatives of some of the larger kinds, so there was plenty of room for all of the dinosaur kinds aboard the Ark.

If dinosaurs sailed on the Ark, where are they today? Different animal species become extinct every day for various reasons. After the Flood, the environment and habitat were drastically changed. Many dinosaurs may not have been as suited to the post-Flood world because of these changes. Interestingly, it appears that some of the dinosaur kinds that did survive a long time after the Flood became known as dragons. Dragon legends abound all over the world.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/answers-in-genesis/read/articles/dinosaurs-on-the-ark-16285.html

There is this:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/homosexuality-led-to-extinction-of-dinosaurs-claims-top-scientist/

Though the world news daily report does not seem to be part of the MSM.

• Options
    kle4 said:

Don't apologise for being mean, apologise for being wrong. :smile:
  • Options

@Kle4

Representatives of all the KINDS of land animals, including the dinosaur kinds went on board Noah's ark. All

There is this:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/homosexuality-led-to-extinction-of-dinosaurs-claims-top-scientist/

No it isn't, because it's another satire site!

http://realorsatire.com/worldnewsdailyreport-com/

• Options
    kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

That would be one hell of a Guy Pride parade though, if those boys turned up in rainbow hot pants.....
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

tyson said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

Economically, there's not much in it either way.
    It is amusing to see guardianistas now believing Osborne's borrowing predictions are Holy Writ.
  • Options

@Kle4

If dinosaurs sailed

There is this:

No it isn't, because it's another satire site!

http://realorsatire.com/worldnewsdailyreport-com/

It doesn't matter in a post truth world. We can all have our own facts to justify our own opinions.

And as a Christian I am very happy taking the mickey out of creationists. They give Christianity a bad name by misunderstanding and mis-stating what the fundamentals of Christianity are.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Since we are having fun tonight with gay dinosaurs, naming gritter trucks and ambassador Farage, my contribution:

https://twitter.com/senatorshoshana/status/801467050212425728
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    YJ66 VHC?

It's a grifter, not a stuffed toy in an infants school.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

That would be one hell of a Guy Pride parade though, if those boys turned up in rainbow hot pants.....
    Guy Pride?

Your Freudian slip is showing...
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    tyson said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Both, in my experience.

I think it will tern out to make UK and the wider would happier, wealthier and freer than we would otherwise be. now you can dismiss me as being an odd libertarian with no economic credibility if you wish, however Professor Sir Patrick Minford and a dozen other professional economists in 'Economists for Brexit' agree and for similar reasons.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

kle4 said:

MP_SE said:

Proof please.
    I Googled. The statements originate from the forum here:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88288

Which is a SPOOF website and forum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

Without even looking it up this was OBVIOUSLY satire; you'd have to be deluded to think anything else.
    They were posted on Landover but they did not originate there. Here is the image posted months earlier on another forum.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/current-events-world-news-lgbt-news/80090-homosexuality-killed-dinosaurs.html

I'm not saying it isnt a spoof but you haven't found the source.
  • Options
    FFsake Jill Stein is delaying payouts on Michigan/Electoral college once again.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

It's not enough that she got over 1 percent of the vote..
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited November 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Well it won't affect Pennsylvania, Trump's victory margin is too large for a recount to be granted.

And don't forget the results have to certified by Dec. 13th regardless of any recount attempts.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Alistair said:

They were posted on Landover but they did not originate there. Here is the image posted months earlier on another forum.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/current-events-world-news-lgbt-news/80090-homosexuality-killed-dinosaurs.html

I'm not saying it isnt a spoof but you haven't found the source.

Thus tracing it back to that well-known creationist blog, Memewhore. http://memewhore.tumblr.com/post/39808127777
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @debmattinson: Voters' greatest disappointment with #AutumnStatement is lack of £ for NHS. 'Why not use the £350m?' Asked one in @BritainThinks focus group
  • Options
    Re the vote fraud claims in the USA.

Here are the Democrat to Republican swings in the rust belt states:

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

Now if you had to select a couple for vote fraud checks which would you pick ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@debmattinson: Voters' greatest disappointment with #AutumnStatement is lack of £ for NHS. 'Why not use the £350m?' Asked one in @BritainThinks focus group

He'd had the idea after seeing it on a bus
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

We should ask for her to be appointed the USA ambassador to the UK. If he can choose ours then we can choose his! And like Farage she represents a minor party.
  • Options
    Stein is going to hit that $2.5 million target quite quickly actually.

The probability of Michigan getting flipped is close to zero, mind.

• Options

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

Curious that Cook County swings toward Hillary, yet Detroit, Philly and Milwaukee don't...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Pulpstar said:

I've got a mate doing his nut because he bought Trump for a substantial figure on SpreadEx's ECV market which won't settle until all of the states are officially called.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Pulpstar said:

Grifters guna grift.
  • Options

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

IO=IA, PN=PA. I think!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

Curious that Cook County swings toward Hillary, yet Detroit, Philly and Milwaukee don't...
    Obama effect.
  • Options
    RobD said:

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

IO=IA, PN=PA. I think!
    I was just testing ;-)
  • Options
    Rotherham Labour party maintaining its high standards:

' A COUNCILLOR has been convicted of sexually touching a fellow elected member.

Andrew Roddison (41) was found guilty under the Sex Offences Act after a trial at Leeds Magistrates' Court.

The offence, against a female councillor, happened at an event at Rotherham Town Hall in May.

Roddison, of Flatts Lane, Treeton, denied squeezing the woman's buttocks but district judge David Kitson said he found the councillor’s account “unconvincing”.

Roddison, elected to Rotherham Borough Council in 2011 and currently suspended by Labour, was bailed ahead of sentencing on December 1. '

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/105160/councillor-squeezed-buttocks-of-fellow-elected-member.aspx
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

WV 7.7%
    IO 7.7%
    OH 5.8%
    MI 4.9%
    MO 4.8%
    IN 4.5%
    WN 3.9%
    KY 3.6%
    PN 3.2%
    MN 3.1%
    IL 0.4%

Obama effect.
    Only if Obama had a negative personal vote in Illinois.

Though Hilary does actually come from Chicago so maybe she had a personal vote there.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

I've got a mate doing his nut because he bought Trump for a substantial figure on SpreadEx's ECV market which won't settle until all of the states are officially called.
    I'm -2.4k to win ~260 on the various Michigan & proxies.
This discussion has been closed.