Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Even UKIP voters back the plan that cigarettes be sold in p

13»

Comments

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    just to cheer up Avery, France loses its last AAA. Still doesn't explain why we've got ours.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/2013/07/12/97002-20130712FILWWW00516-la-france-perd-son-dernier-aaa.php
  • Options
    Roger said:

@Catch22

"Yes. One is active the other passive. If you claim a catch you didnt you are deliberately informing the umpire of a lie. If you dont walk you are waiting for the umpire to make a decision. Which is the umpires decision to make."

I could argue the point if it was an edge but this wasn't even a decision that required an appeal. It was off the face of the bat and into second slips hand.

And in answer to your earlier question I wasn't a bad cricketer. I played for my house which at the time had three players who went on to play for their counties (all bowlers)

The umpire makes such a decision. It is not for the likes of us to question the wisdom of the ump. Right or Wrong he makes the decisions. And we let him.

I congratulate you on your school career. Had you played after school, even at a village level, I suspect your perspective on walking would be different.

Anyway lets applaud a great days play from England and especially the much maligned (by me as well) Ian Bell. Excellent, important and potentially career defining knock.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,978
    Fair play to Bell, that was one hell of an innings.

Surprised Alim Dar missed the Broad edge, he is usually very good. There is no way any Australian can complain about Broad not walking. The way the wicket's playing we need a few more yet. A big morning session tomorrow.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited July 2013

just to cheer up Avery, France loses its last AAA. Still doesn't explain why we've got ours.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/2013/07/12/97002-20130712FILWWW00516-la-france-perd-son-dernier-aaa.php

Fitch is French owned and based, hence the reason its AAA rating for France lasted so long.

Has Fitch decided to follow its fellow countrymen by emigrating to London and paying homage to Osborne?

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,022
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

Roger said:

I've just seen the worst cricket decision ever. Broad gave a catch to slip and held his ground. The umpire was asleep. The school I went to you'd either have been expelled or dropped for at least a season for doing what Broad did.

Rightly so in my opinion.It's just not cricket.....come on Australia

If I remember correctly, I believe Stuart Broad is a member of UNITE.

It might explain his odd behaviour, Roger.

I doubt it is anything to do with his schooling at Oakham School, Rutland.

Bet you school meals are compulsory there.
    By the way Tim, only just noticed your garbage from the previous thread. Clearly the question of school uniforms is not the same as that of school meals since uniforms are not imposed by central government whilst that is the suggestion for school meals.

So once again your diversionary tactics and conflation of arguments fall flat.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    LOL

John O'Farrell @mrjohnofarrell
    Just got an email from Ed Miliband asking if I'd ever thought about being a Parliamentary candidate. Does he not read the papers?
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    I wonder how big the overlap is of people who want to ban all the legal drugs and legalize all the illegal ones. They could have their own "naturally contrary" party.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    No surprise re the Greens in HEG. Parking charges. Like I said ages ago.

The idea that a school would dare ignore a food/whatever allergy is ridiculous. The last three schools I've been in have been/gone nut-free (though some orgs are against this as it doesn't prepare kids to cope with a nut-filled world...). Plus in the last five schools I've been in regular epipen training has been compulsory.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Fitch is French owned and based, hence the reason its AAA rating for France lasting so long.

Has Fitch decided to follow its fellow countrymen by emigrating to London and paying homage to Osborne?

You know if you start ramping Osborne I'm only going to have to point out his Edlikeness.

Less is more Mr Pole, enjoy the silence from the Labour benches as they stare at their feet and realise they have nothing to say.
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

AveryLP said:

Roger said:

I've just seen the worst cricket decision ever. Broad gave a catch to slip and held his ground. The umpire was asleep. The school I went to you'd either have been expelled or dropped for at least a season for doing what Broad did.

By the way Tim, only just noticed your garbage from the previous thread. Clearly the question of school uniforms is not the same as that of school meals since uniforms are not imposed by central government whilst that is the suggestion for school meals.

Incorrect, the policy review said it should be heads not central govt
    Hang on Tim. You were certainly arguing that. And arguing that to me, albeit im a lowly Deputy Headmaster..
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    Dreamliner fire,as noted by Carlotta,the fire does appear to be remote from the previously suspect batteries. However even if this is a completely seperate incident the public perception will be the Dreamliner is "a bad'un",best to avoid.
    Apparently a second Dreamliner has aborted an Atlantic crossing flight and returned to the UK,no further details.
    I am normally entirely logical about these things,but now not sure I want to fly on a Dreamliner,suspect many others will feel the same way.
  • Options
    Sky Sports now showing Michael Clarke not walking after a clear edge!
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    I wonder if Dave is sending a similar email to Maria Hutchings.
    Plato said:

LOL

Just got an email from Ed Miliband asking if I'd ever thought about being a Parliamentary candidate. Does he not read the papers?

• Options

Plato said:

LOL

Or Nick to Chris Huhne ?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351

Although I'm in favour of plain packets for ciggies and minimum pricing for them and for alcohol, to be consistent, we should look at all things that cause harm. Gambling is an addiction that for some people causes actual harm (mental if not physical),

Would we want more taxes on betting?. Perhaps a dealers' fee for OGH to continue pushing this harmful product?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,791

Plato said:

LOL

Or Nick to Chris Huhne ?
    No, Lord Rennard is sending that one...

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Thank you for that Carola - brilliant.

In those days they didn't allow riders to free wheel - they had to be pedalling for the entire course
    Carola said:
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Although I'm in favour of plain packets for ciggies and minimum pricing for them and for alcohol, to be consistent, we should look at all things that cause harm. Gambling is an addiction that for some people causes actual harm (mental if not physical),

Would we want more taxes on betting?. Perhaps a dealers' fee for OGH to continue pushing this harmful product?

Cynical perhaps, but what are you planning to do with all these extra years you get ? it's not as if you're going to be starting a career in break dancing. The 20m Zimmerframe dash to the urinal is more likely or 4hr naps in the afternoon before you go back to bed. It's life CD but not as you know it.
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

AveryLP said:

Roger said:

Hang on Tim. You were certainly arguing that. And arguing that to me, albeit im a lowly Deputy Headmaster..
    Free and compulsory makes sense.
    I wouldn't expect the jailing of heads who didn't comply.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jul/12/primary-pupils-free-school-meals

But if a tiny group of parents want to set up their own Free Schools where they can take their packed lunches and unvaccinated children with optional school uniforms then I'm sure Gove will fund them.

At the first morning of the academic year I get my new Sixth Formers together for a chat about responding to the demands of Post-16 questions and tasks. The first point of my, rather, though necessarily, dull, speech is about the need to answer the question or task set rather than the one the student wishes had been set. Perhaps you Tim could come along. You might learn something about avoiding non sequiturs.
  • Options
    So the Off-Topic button really is the new Disapprove!
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

AveryLP said:

Roger said:

Free and compulsory makes sense.
    I wouldn't expect the jailing of heads who didn't comply.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jul/12/primary-pupils-free-school-meals

But if a tiny group of parents want to set up their own Free Schools where they can take their packed lunches and unvaccinated children with optional school uniforms then I'm sure Gove will fund them.

At the first morning of the academic year I get my new Sixth Formers together for a chat about responding to the demands of Post-16 questions and tasks. The first point of my, rather, though necessarily, dull, speech is about the need to answer the question or task set rather than the one the student wishes had been set. Perhaps you Tim could come along. You might learn something about avoiding non sequiturs.
    The govt finally come up with a sensible education policy, I support it, and look what happens.

It's not all about you lad.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,091

Plato said:

AveryLP said:

Does the Boeing 787 come with batteries fitted or do you have to buy them separately?

Or as a wag on Twitter asked - do they allow fire extinguishers as carry-on luggage?
    If you read the report about one of the battery fires, you'll see that you cannot extinguish the battery fires using any means - once they start, they continue burning as oxygen is a product of the combustion.
    Fire damage is some way from battery location:

http://787updates.newairplane.com/Boeing787Updates/media/Boeing787Updates/Batteries and Advanced Aircraft/787_battery_info_graphics_master-large.jpg?width=900&height=675&ext=.jpg

It is however, immediately above a crew rest area:

http://yunoinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/b787_schem_021.gif
    I'd bet on the aft power distribution board. They had a fire on one of those on a test flight, and there have been other problems with them in service:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-06/business/chi-dreamliner-power-panel-trouble-3-times-ana-says-20130306_1_power-distribution-panel-electrical-problems

I got into hot water on one Boeing blog in January, the day of the second battery fire, by stating that I reckoned Boeing didn't understand their electrical systems well enough. I reckon I was right...

(For the ungeeky, the 787 is the first 'all-electric' passenger aircraft, with many services previously provided by engine bleed air and hydraulics being done electrically. Which means you need to distribute much more electrical power and have larger, more powerful batteries).

Having said all that, it'll be a different cause. One fire on a ?A310? a decade ago was caused by a stewardess leaving a kettle on in the galley ...
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805

Thank you for that Carola - brilliant.

In those days they didn't allow riders to free wheel - they had to be pedalling for the entire course

Carola said:
    Classic Pics is a great follow. They're a Gumpish box of chocolates.
  • Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

" Tory MP Sarah Wollaston, a GP in Totnes, who tweeted: "RIP public health. A day of shame for this government; the only winners big tobacco, big alcohol and big undertakers."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jul/12/delay-plain-cigarette-pack-decision-child-health?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

'Better England free than England sober.' Public health is generally nothing more than a mantra under which the liberty of the subject is curtailed. If only we could celebrate its demise.

• Options
    tim said:

" Tory MP Sarah Wollaston, a GP in Totnes, who tweeted: "RIP public health. A day of shame for this government; the only winners big tobacco, big alcohol and big undertakers."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jul/12/delay-plain-cigarette-pack-decision-child-health?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not really the language of a future minister, tim.

Where on earth did the Conservative Party find her?

• Options
    MonkeysMonkeys Posts: 755
    Oddly, the MHRA announced a few weeks ago that electronic cigarettes will be regulated as medicines. Electronic cigarettes - where you inhale four or five chemicals plus flavourings, therefore, will face more regulation, and be harder to buy, than cigarettes do, where you inhale thousands of chemicals, some unknown.
  • Options
    pbr2013 said:

Can I crowd source something here chaps?

I have a step-daughter who is studying to be a chef at Westminster Kingsway at Victoria. Where Jamie Oliver trained for example. She seems to be really good at it - the only student in her first year who got a distinction and has all sorts of good Michelin-starred work placements over the summer.

I thought that this was a really good career choice. She got pretty good A Levels and could have gone off and done a good humanities degree at a good university but she is very focused and decided that she wants to be a chef. So, good thing, she won't be coming out with the millstone of student debt but, bad thing, she is not eligible for a student loan because the course is technically FE rather than HE. She is moving into student accommodation in London from September and I do my best to support her but it is a struggle.

So question for the PB glitterati; does anyone know of any scholarships/bursaries for trainee chefs? This isn't my world and googling does not reveal anything.

Check out scholarships / bursaries firstly from the college and secondly from your own area. I have used these for my students in the past. You may be surprised but often there are various grants available in your area available for education. Mainly bequests from some rich old lady / old man. In my experience they tend to just sit there doing nothing. So check with your local library / LEA. It they may not be much say 500 quid but anything helps.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

As a wine merchant are you proposing that alcohol be sold in plain packaging ?

Ugly white alcohol filled boxes with wild health warnings and horrific pictures of cirrhotic livers , car crash carnage and Wernicke-Korsakoff dements ?
  • Options
    Yes, the tyranny of the do gooder.

tim said:

'Better England free than England sober.' Public health is generally nothing more than a mantra under which the liberty of the subject is curtailed. If only we could celebrate its demise.

• Options
    Dreary kill-joy know-all do-gooders like Dr. tim put their prejudices into law in the US during Prohibition. It was a disaster .
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    @tim

I'm getting a sense that you're not a big fan of Cameron or the Tories. Is this right?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    AB,

I'm planning on living forever. So far, so good.

As an ex-smoker, current drinker and very occasional gambler, I wouldn't dare lecture anyone on their habits. Here in Merseyside, you can get cask beer for £2.30 a pint but even that wouldn't be affected by the proposed minimum pricing for alcohol..

If people want to kill themselves, the best time to do it is just before they turn 65 (or whenever their pension is due). Think of the benefits to the population as a whole.

As regards break-dancing, it would take a bloody good drug to get me down and dirty. And it wouldn't be a pretty sight.
  • Options

tim said:

Indeed save us from "that dreary tribe of the high-minded sandal-wearers and bearded fruit-juice drinkers who come flocking towards the smell of ‘progress’ like bluebottles to a dead cat". "To the ordinary working man, the sort you would meet in any pub on Saturday night, Socialism does not mean much more than better wages and shorter hours and nobody bossing you about."

George Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier, 1937. As true now as it was then.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    So public health died before NHS?
  • Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

It's Cameron's posturing coming back to bite him

He postured and got rid of Anthony Steen, over expenses because he looked like the old Tory Party while people like Jeremy Hunt got away with worse.
    Then of course Wollaston was selected by open primary and ripped Lansley to shreds, so Cameron dropped his posturing on open primaries
    Then of course she supports Dave when he was posturing on tobacco and booze.
    Dave caves in because of lobbying, UKIP, Crosby, whatever, and she points out his hypocrisy.

Moral of the story.
    Cameron is weak and should stop posturing.
    I see, it is all about posture.

Wollaston must be a chiropracter or osteopath offering holistic orthopedics.

Moral of the story. Discretion and a stiff upper lip is far more useful in a politician than a well formed spine.

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,468
    Neil said:

@tim

I'm getting a sense that you're not a big fan of Cameron or the Tories. Is this right?

@Neil

tim is merely a Tory agent provocateur - pay him no mind!
  • Options

tim said:

Indeed save us from "that dreary tribe of the high-minded sandal-wearers and bearded fruit-juice drinkers who come flocking towards the smell of ‘progress’ like bluebottles to a dead cat". "To the ordinary working man, the sort you would meet in any pub on Saturday night, Socialism does not mean much more than better wages and shorter hours and nobody bossing you about."

Orwell's equation for the good life ;

" I like English cookery and English beer, French red wines, Spanish white wines, Indian tea, strong tobacco, coal fires, candlelight and comfortable chairs."

Sound man , Orwell.
  • Options

tim said:

" I like English cookery and English beer, French red wines, Spanish white wines, Indian tea, strong tobacco, coal fires, candlelight and comfortable chairs."

Sound man , Orwell.
    Well schooled.

• Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

It's Cameron's posturing coming back to bite him

He postured and got rid of Anthony Steen, over expenses because he looked like the old Tory Party while people like Jeremy Hunt got away with worse.
    Then of course Wollaston was selected by open primary and ripped Lansley to shreds, so Cameron dropped his posturing on open primaries
    Then of course she supports Dave when he was posturing on tobacco and booze.
    Dave caves in because of lobbying, UKIP, Crosby, whatever, and she points out his hypocrisy.

Moral of the story.
    Cameron is weak and should stop posturing.
    I see, it is all about posture.

Wollaston must be a chiropracter or osteopath offering holistic orthopedics.

Moral of the story. Discretion and a stiff upper lip is far more useful in a politician than a well formed spine.

My favourite quote of the day was Charles saying that schools are only in loco parentis when they have boarders, not during the day.
    Magnificent.
    I think you misunderstood, tim.

The Eton variant is 'in lectulo parentis'.
  • Options
    I prefer Lily Bollinger myself - if only one could afford to bathe in it too :^ )

"“I only drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
    Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
    When I have company I consider it obligatory.
    I trifle with it if I'm not in a hurry and drink it when I am, otherwise I never touch the stuff unless I am thirsty."
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Well schooled.

• Options
    tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    I'd probably change the English cookery to Asian cookery, and strong tobacco to pure MDMA
    And update despising Tories and shooting Stalinists to incorporate Toby Young and Seumas Milne.
    Good point on Asian cookery, Toby Young and Seumas Milne (though surprised you missed off Dan Hodges) but Spanish white wines? I think Mr Blair made a rare error there.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    To be fair, with Tims cheery customer friendly banter, I am sure that he could sell any product.

tim said:

Ugly white alcohol filled boxes with wild health warnings and horrific pictures of cirrhotic livers , car crash carnage and Wernicke-Korsakoff dements ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Plato said:

I prefer Lily Bollinger myself - if only one could afford to bathe in it too :^ )

I trifle with it if I'm not in a hurry and drink it when I am, otherwise I never touch the stuff unless I am thirsty."

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Well schooled.

Plato said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Well schooled.

Prince Philip does well in the champagne quotes stakes. He is evidently a fan of Buck's Fizz.

"Champagne and orange juice is a great drink. The orange improves the champagne, and the champagne definitely improves the orange."

It is only when one recognises the need to improve an orange that one can begin to understand the educational policies of the right..
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    I'd probably change the English cookery to Asian cookery, and strong tobacco to pure MDMA
    And update despising Tories and shooting Stalinists to incorporate Toby Young and Seumas Milne.
    Good point on Asian cookery, Toby Young and Seumas Milne (though surprised you missed off Dan Hodges) but Spanish white wines? I think Mr Blair made a rare error there.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry
    I fully accept I am no cognoscenti. Just a simple working-class boy who likes his Chardonnay.
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry
    And vina esmeralda torres catalunya if you are entertaining a German.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Doesn't matter, in plain bottles its all the same.

At night all cats are gray.
    tim said:

To be fair, with Tims cheery customer friendly banter, I am sure that he could sell any product.

tim said:

I'd struggle with Blue Nun.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

The greatest name in Spanish wine culture ;

http://www.andalucia.com/culture/osborne-bull.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_bull
  • Options

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry
    I fully accept I am no cognoscenti. Just a simple working-class boy who likes his Chardonnay.
    I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him.

• Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Skinner is publishing his memoirs in January.
  • Options

AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

The greatest name in Spanish wine culture ;

http://www.andalucia.com/culture/osborne-bull.htm
    I liked the final paragraph:

In spite of all the controversy, the bull will most certainly go on.

• Options
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

I have never been shamed by a quote from "Notting Hill" before. Well played sir, well played.

Though I'd go with "I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go
    A little high, little low, Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeeeeee"
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Bob Crow's union strikes gold investing in mining, tobacco and banks

Bob Crow, the militant strike leader and vowed opponent of City excess, has overseen his union’s successful investment of millions of pounds in mining companies, the tobacco industry and major banks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10176514/Bob-Crows-union-strikes-gold-investing-in-mining-tobacco-and-banks.html
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tykejohnno ; " Bob Crow's union strikes gold investing in mining, tobacco and banks " and most shockingly the Labour Party.
  • Options

Tykejohnno ; " Bob Crow's union strikes gold investing in mining, tobacco and banks " and most shockingly in the Labour Party.

Stop teasing, Moniker, you know the RMT was kicked out of the Labour party years ago.

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Skinners Memoirs..chicks own version
  • Options

AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

I have never been shamed by a quote from "Notting Hill" before. Well played sir, well played.

Though I'd go with "I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go
    A little high, little low, Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeeeeee"
    You, young Scaramouche, you!
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry
    Finally someone on the site whose wife is called Chardonay.

Cheers ....

• Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Hi all. I'm just stopping by briefly, because I couldn't see this and not let you guys in on it:

http://imgur.com/1Vf8ETu

Hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

I've asked for head before, and it's usually a yes or a no, rather than a deputy.
    Careful, tim. Pork went rooting in your wheelie bin last night and we both got a slap across the trotters from moderator.

• Options
    AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Sound man , Orwell.
    Rueda
    Albarino
    And Sherry

You, young Scaramouche, you!
    AveryLP calling me "young" and tim asking for "head" has ever a delurker been flirted with such. I blush, I blush! Seriously though I prefer it when you both go at each other over fops and trade "figures".
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Hi all. I'm just stopping by briefly, because I couldn't see this and not let you guys in on it:

Hope everyone is well.

Do come back Socrates.

Nothing is forgiven.

Which is exactly as it should be.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,609
    Night hawks is now open
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Hope everyone is well.

That's nothing, Santorum ruined my curtains.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Socrates said:

Hope everyone is well.

Is that Ken Clarke?
This discussion has been closed.