Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Taking the 20/1 on Philip Hammond being the first to leave the

1235»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,125
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

you substitute other titles for foreigners , ethnic groups, etc , etc

So - completely different then?

malcolmg said:

U Turn: ! It seems the data on companies use of Foriegn workers will no longer be published. Though this means they'll still collect it. Plan to force firms to reveal foreign staff numbers abandoned

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/09/plan-to-force-firms-to-reveal-foreign-staff-numbers-abandoned?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

To be honest, Mr. Submarine, I am a bit lost on why recording the number of overseas workers is such a dreadful thing.

When I was working we had to record the sex, ethnic make-up, self-identifying skin colour and religion of all our people, and more latterly some attempts were made to force us to record sexual orientation (with some difficulty, I might add). What is so different about recording country of birth, which is something that has been on many application forms for donkey's years).
    Hurst, you have to be kidding , where have we heard of keeping secret lists of foreigners by authorities. I can think of two perfect examples of why any intelligent person shoiuld be horrified to be associated with any such thing , that nice Mr Hitler in Germany and the equally nice Mr Lenin in Russia. This si what happens when you have extreme nationalist governments.
    All Universities record the "diversity" of job applicants.
    Schools as well. Moreover since any non-EU applicants have to have work visas, that's effectively a list right there.
    No still as creepy
This discussion has been closed.