Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The trends for Labour’s lead and UKIP’s share in Sunday Tim

13»

Comments

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Rob Marchant @rob_marchant

@DPJHodges Careful now, you've been a bit too right recently. Ruining a carefully-built reputation.

Maybe not ;-)
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    @ RICHARD DODD

NO MORE PERSONAL INSULTS PLEASE
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    DavidL said:

Plato said:

OT For nostalgia fans - this is from the BBC Magazine '10 things you didn't know' from a decade ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3014903.stm

The Courier always has a brief story from 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago. The story this week was of a jewellary robbery in Dundee with the criminals making their getaway in a stolen car to Glasgow. And it was our car! I still get teased about this because I always mumped that the car had no acceleration at all but my wife points out it was thought fast enough by jewel thieves.

Strange for the story to resurface after all these years.

Ha! What a great tale!
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    Ed Miliband in Royal Box!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,317
    COME ON ANDY

Thanks.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Is he sitting just below Len?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

COME ON ANDY

Thanks.

Come on, anybody but Murray!

• Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

Dave in the Royal Box too, and he's related.
    Ooh er missus.

At least Dave has hit a ball with a racquet.

Ed went straight to the Royal Box from Oxbridge and the caucuses of Islington without touching a blade of grass.

Murray to win for the Union.
  • Options

DavidL said:

COME ON ANDY

Thanks.

Come on, anybody but Murray!

I have never used the flag or offtopic buttons but if I did....

• Options
    scampi said:

AveryLP said:

Is he sitting just below Len?
    At his feet.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    tim..I am referring to Abu Qatada, the guy May kicked out today.If you have a prob with my ref details then take it up with your favourite news outlet, the BBC, who provided the data,.just type in Abu Qatada ,timeline
  • Options
    What a first point. Wow
  • Options
    tim said:

@Avery.

"At least Dave has hit a ball with a racquet."

Another reason why he hates Bercow

" In his youth, Bercow had been ranked Britain's No.1 junior tennis player."

I thought your friend Gordon had put an end to self-certification.

• Options
    Don't think Andy is making Novak move enough. Not quite getting the angles of his opponent.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

@Avery

he is a self-confessed "little chap" ...

Bercow didn't feel disowned. He is now happily partnering Sarah Teather in mixed doubles.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited July 2013
    Talking of tennis and education I came upon this. I wondered what had happened to the Duke of Kent's wife who used to present the prizes at Wimbledon noticing that the Duke was alone.

It seems she's been teaching in a primary school in Hull under an assumed name (apologies as I'm sure everyone except me will already have known the story)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381344/Royal-Wedding-guest-list-Duchess-Kent-comes-shadows-attend.html
  • Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

@Avery

he is a self-confessed "little chap" ... when Dave found out he'd been to comprehensive school the doubles partnership was curtailed.

Bercow didn't feel disowned. He is now happily partnering Sarah Teather in mixed doubles.

While Dave has changed sports, to an ersatz ballet-badminton besuited performance art.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/41/285x214/311914_1.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/28/1332946705475/David-Cameron-plays-badmi-013.jpg

It may be balletic, tim, but at least it is only one player going for the weathercock.

Try this from the coaching manual on how not to do it:

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,701
    Big question of the day:

Why are the English so bad at tennis?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    tim said:

@Charles.

While we've all grown to love your inside knowledge of low value added education (the US military $10,000 toilet seat was the pinnacle of bad vfm for most of us until we were exposed to your geography lessons) I'm not sure that appointing an arbiter to decide which colleges are worthy and which are not is a good idea.

You may not value particular universities, FE colleges etc but I'm not sure we'd want you deciding which sports and music colleges should be prevented from operating.

If you'd like to extend the principle to tourist visas so we can wreck that sector too perhaps you can provide us with a list of tourist attractions you deem not worthy.
    After all, we wouldn't like to deal with people overstaying tourist visas as a criminal issue would we, far easier to close down the tourist industry.

I'm happy for any school or business to operate that could demonstrate their students were primarily coming for educational purposes, and were prepared to take reasonable steps to enforce visa restrictions (e.g. not working).

And I suspect I would thrash you on pretty much any head to head (no googling) educational challenge. I was 50 miles out on the location of Doncaster. Big fucking deal.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Tim seems a little confused on geography also. Not sure if his farm is in Cheshire or Suburban merseyside!
    Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

While we've all grown to love your inside knowledge of low value added education (the US military $10,000 toilet seat was the pinnacle of bad vfm for most of us until we were exposed to your geography lessons) I'm not sure that appointing an arbiter to decide which colleges are worthy and which are not is a good idea.

You may not value particular universities, FE colleges etc but I'm not sure we'd want you deciding which sports and music colleges should be prevented from operating.

If you'd like to extend the principle to tourist visas so we can wreck that sector too perhaps you can provide us with a list of tourist attractions you deem not worthy.
    After all, we wouldn't like to deal with people overstaying tourist visas as a criminal issue would we, far easier to close down the tourist industry.

I'm happy for any school or business to operate that could demonstrate their students were primarily coming for educational purposes, and were prepared to take reasonable steps to enforce visa restrictions (e.g. not working).

And I suspect I would thrash you on pretty much any head to head (no googling) educational challenge. I was 50 miles out on the location of Doncaster. Big fucking deal.
  • Options
    Interesting news:

Next year's Euro elections will be held in May — not June as previously:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/date-of-2014-local-elections--2

The local elections have been moved to 22nd May so they can both be held at the same time.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited July 2013
    Andy_JS said:

Big question of the day:

Big question of the ages :

Why did the English invent ; tennis , association football , union rugby , rugby league , cricket , boxing , croquet , ping pong , snooker , billiards , bridge , ........ ad infinitum ?

Who knows ?

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    This appears to be a real account...

Gerry Adams @GerryAdamsSF
    U r my sunshine my only sunshine. U make me happy when skies r grey. U will never know how much I love U please dont take my sunshine away.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Big question of the day:

Why did the English invent ; tennis , association football , union rugby , rugby league , cricket , boxing , croquet , ping pong , snooker , billiards , bridge , ........ ad infinitum ?

Who knows ?

We didn't invent most of them, just codified the rules. Bureaucrats of the world, unite!
  • Options
    tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

Calm down Charles, unlike you to get needled.
    It's hot and humid in London, and I'm bored of your pointless comments and attempts to rile people
  • Options
    Labour are scheduled to select candidates today in Hendon and Brighton Pavilion.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Labour are scheduled to select candidates today in Hendon and Brighton Pavilion.

According to Len or Ed?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    Good match so far in the tennis and Murray has just won the first set, but still a long way to go.

A quick update on Egypt - Lord Hurd 'Tony Blair leaps in before he thinks things through
    http://playpolitical.typepad.com/uk_conservative/2013/07/watch-lord-hurd-on-egypt-tony-blair-leaps-in-before-hes-thought-things-through.html
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Charles said:

Andy_JS said:

Big question of the day:

Who knows ?

We didn't invent most of them, just codified the rules. Bureaucrats of the world, unite!

Invention , pure invention .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ
  • Options
    The first set of the men's final has taken almost the same amount of time as the whole of the women's final.

Shows why equalising the prize money for men and women should have been accompanied by equalising the number of sets played.
  • Options
    tim, have you bothered to check the BBC timeline on Abu Qatada or are you content to live in your Abu Hamza world all day..are all these Abu's confusing you
  • Options
    tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

It's hot and humid in London, and I'm bored of your pointless comments and attempts to rile people
    I'm sure they'd teach you to say bored with or bored by in an English language school for overseas students
    The problem with the Language Schools is that most East European students enroll in order to be bored.

• Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

tim, have you bothered to check the BBC timeline on Abu Qatada or are you content to live in your Abu Hamza world all day..are all these Abu's confusing you

Well I have , your initial post on the subject at 1:29 was factually incorrect as confirmed by the BBC timeline ..
  • Options
    ms I cant see a post at 1.29..but i do know I am dealing with the right man.. tim appears to have his Abu.s mixed up
  • Options
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

I'm sure they'd teach you to say bored with or bored by in an English language school for overseas students
    The problem with the Language Schools is that most East European students enroll in order to be bored.

Save money on twit school fees by listening to The Clash.

Grammatically correct, and free.
    Too noisy, tim.

I prefer Denge.

You ought to get out more.

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Andy_JS said:

The first set of the men's final has taken almost the same amount of time as the whole of the women's final.
    Shows why equalising the prize money for men and women should have been accompanied by equalising the number of sets played.

Or it should have been paid at 3/5ths. Or using audience numbers, sponsorship interest, etc.

The games aren't the the same in terms of length and need different skills. They aren't really comparable. Equalising prize money was pathetic politically correct nonsense.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jca8ZATfA

Gramatically correct, and free.

Joe Strummer another public school hero of tim's to add to the honour roll of Darling , Blair , Christopher Hitchens and John Peel.

Also , Mick Jones is Grant Shapps' cousin.

I'm so bored of Labour hypocrites.

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    AveryLP said:

I prefer Denge.

I suspect you mean Drenge :-)

Denge, though, has some interesting experimental acoustic mirrors if you're interested in early warning systems for incoming aircraft?

• Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Was it only 4 days ago we had a thread on whether Dave had pushed too much on the Unite issue at pmqs ??

And how it was Dave that was weak, not Ed.......

Camerons YouGov ratings have fallen by the same as Milibands this week haven't they?

Can anyone spot the two grammatical errors in the above post? Someone needs a trip to twit school!
  • Options

ms I cant see a post at 1.29..but i do know I am dealing with the right man.. tim appears to have his Abu.s mixed up

Between Carlotta at 1:28 and Tykejohnno at 1:30 , your post was incorrect .

• Options
    tim said:

tim said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

Charles said:

tim said:

@Charles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jca8ZATfA

Gramatically correct, and free.

Joe Strummer another public school hero of tim's to add to the honour roll of Darling , Blair , Christopher Hitchens and John Peel.

Also , Mick Jones is Grant Shapps cousin.

And Strummer (not his real name, something else in common with Shapps) was an immigrant from Turkey.Unlike Boris who is an immigrant, not from Turkey but with turkish heritage
    Why did you miss out John Peel ? Not his real name . So what ?

• Options
    GeoffM said:

AveryLP said:

I prefer Denge.

I suspect you mean Drenge :-)

Denge, though, has some interesting experimental acoustic mirrors if you're interested in early warning systems for incoming aircraft?

I'm not sure I know what I mean.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the acoustic profile of Drenge is similar to that of an incoming aircraft.

• Options
    What happened to Richie Porte today?
    Illness, or was my praise for his ride yesterday the kiss of death?
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @richardDodd

'tim, have you bothered to check the BBC timeline on Abu Qatada'

He's still struggling to come up with an excuse why five incompetent Labour Home Secretaries failed to get rid of this scumbag.
  • Options
    tim disagrees with the BBC, WOW..Go check out the timeline tim, from your favourite newscompany..it is where I got the info from..I will spell it for you A-B-U Q-A-T-A-D-A
  • Options
    MS I am in a different country to you, different comp timings
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,760
    The Tories let him in as a refugee - he applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain under Labour - after he'd issued a fatwa:

16 September 1993
    Jordanian national Abu Qatada, real name Omar Mahmoud Mohammed Othman, claims asylum on his arrival in Britain on a forged passport.

June 1994
    The father of five is recognised as a refugee and allowed to stay in Britain.

March 1995
    The "radical cleric" issues a fatwa, or religious edict, justifying the killing of converts from Islam in Algeria, and their wives and children.

May 1998
    Abu Qatada applies for indefinite leave to remain in Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17769990
  • Options
    New Balls
  • Options

tim disagrees with the BBC, WOW..Go check out the timeline tim, from your favourite newscompany..it is where I got the info from..I will spell it for you A-B-U Q-A-T-A-D-A

Your first two posts on the subject were factually incorrect , Tim is not disagreeing with the BBC your first two posts did . Stop blathering about time zones your first two posts are no difficult to find . you got it wrong simply fez up and we can move on .

• Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    NEW THREAD
This discussion has been closed.