Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The polling evidence against Corbyn mounts. Smith’s beatin

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    If Jason Kenney and Laura Trott were an independent country they'd be 13th in the medal table.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Let's not forget, we've got a guaranteed gold in the sailing (Mills/Clark) to come...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,354
    eek said:

+1 I stopped reading the Economist for exactly the same reason as you.

As for Hinckley point it wouldn't be quite so bad if EDF had a working version of this generator design but as none of the ones EDF are building elsewhere are in production yet I think its safer to say thanks but on second thoughts as things have changed....

I've caught them out once or twice too, but we've all been wrong sometimes. Itr's their house style of effortless authority which makes it annoying when they screw up, but they're usually an interesting read. Like, cough, the Morning Star, they often cover developments in countries you otherwise never hear about like Belize or Niger.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Kennyf1283: If Jason Kenny and Laura Trott can be an independent country, why can't Scotland?

Yes they do have gold reserves, fair point.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    It is silver. But a fantastic effort.
  • Options
    Top bombing....another Silver.
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing performances. Got to take my hat off to John Major, for having the foresight to generate funding for these athletes.
  • Options

Greetings from Canada. Loving this. Not seen a single medal win yet, or heard an anthem, but it's still great. So proud. Better together :-)

THE BREXIT GAMES :lol:
  • Options
    I believe that is the 50th medal.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

The target was 48. Mission accomplished.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

Let's not forget, we've got a guaranteed gold in the sailing (Mills/Clark) to come...

Not quite guaranteed. They need to finish the medal race (unlike Giles Scott, who just had to start).
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    John_M said:

Next up: 65 (number of medals won in London)?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    edited August 2016
    John_M said:

We scored 65 in 2012 - G29 S17 B19, hitting 50 away is amazing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited August 2016
    Nicola Adams and Joe Joyce in the boxing through to the semi, so two more guaranteed medals there.

Joshua Buatsi won a bronze in the past hr, don't know if that is included in the medal table
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Attention 'Allo 'Allo fans, an episode is on Yesterday Channel at 11.20pm (Freeview 19, Sky 537).

YouTube is your friend. Series 1 Epiode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1TfQWID81o

Brilliant.
  • Options

NEW THREAD!

• Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    See Owen Smith wants to get round the table with Isis, seems to think talking with them is like talking with the IRA. How can anyone take him seriously? Apparently Corbyn said no to such talks.
This discussion has been closed.