Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This looks like how REMAIN will play the closing four weeks

SystemSystem Posts: 11,697
edited May 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This looks like how REMAIN will play the closing four weeks

The poster above has started being circulated on Twitter and my guess is that its is part of the Saatchi & Saatchi campaign for IN. The clarity of approach with a very simple message and even the typeface appear to be Saatchi house style.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,554
    edited May 2016
    Heh
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,997
    Interesting to campaign on trust when Cameron's ratings on trust have dropped like a stone.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    Fingers crossed could equally be Remain's position. Fingers crossed the EU don't say anything awkward before the vote. Fingers crossed the EU don't ask us to grasp our ankles and assume the position after the vote....

Remain is so not the "safety first" position with the EU. We are at a T junction in our dealings with the EU - pull out, or go balls deep....
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Leave should come back with the same layout, font and hand but with a middle finger up.

"What Europe said to Dave Cameron when he asked for renegotiation"
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    £25bn in the safe in EU contributions and overseas aid.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    FPT;

Overnight, I reversed my position on Gary Johnson 4 POTUS - I'm now a net backer @ 999/1

I think those odds represent value - I wouldn't consider laying over 50/1 right now.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/never-trump-2016-elections-libertarians-213917

Are there any other Gary Johnson backers on PB?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753

Interesting to campaign on trust when Cameron's ratings on trust have dropped like a stone.

what is David Cameron's position on immigration now???

'Well I said tens of thousands, but....let's face it.....I lied. Still, I lied for something I truly believe in.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,896

Fingers crossed could equally be Remain's position. Fingers crossed the EU don't say anything awkward before the vote. Fingers crossed the EU don't ask us to grasp our ankles and assume the position after the vote....

Remain is so not the "safety first" position with the EU. We are at a T junction in our dealings with the EU - pull out, or go balls deep....

Different types of risk. There is a short term economic risk with Brexit. The National Institute thinks Brexit would knock 0.9% off economic growth in 2017.

The risk with Remain are more political risks. Namely, that the EU will continue to draw power away from national political institutions.
  • Options

Absolutely.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    As you say it looks like Saatchis. Apart from the typography it's quite a common theme of theirs to start a campaign by using an arresting image which sums up the opposition's weakness.

Interestingly last time I wrote about posters I wrongly attributed 'Demon Eyes' (which I described as a failure) to the Saatchis. In fact it was conceived by Steve Hilton.
  • Options
    AnnaAnna Posts: 59
    It's really disingenuous for Remain to say that the leave campaign can't say what will happen. The government will be in charge of the negotiations and should have set out a preferred option - WTO/EFTA if leave win, so that people know what they are voting for. The various leave campaigns don't have the authority to enact anything they promise on negotiations.

If the government don't have a plan in place for if they lose the referendum, then they are the ones crossing their fingers.
  • Options
    VapidBilgeVapidBilge Posts: 412
    This poster looks embarassingly easy to spoof.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    TGOHF said:

Leave should come back with the same layout, font and hand but with a middle finger up.

Perhaps with a tampon.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,942
    Anna said:

It's really disingenuous for Remain to say that the leave campaign can't say what will happen. The government will be in charge of the negotiations and should have set out a preferred option - WTO/EFTA if leave win, so that people know what they are voting for. The various leave campaigns don't have the authority to enact anything they promise on negotiations.

If the government don't have a plan in place for if they lose the referendum, then they are the ones crossing their fingers.

Good luck with that one :-)

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Anna said:

The Government has a preferred option. It's called Remain.
  • Options
    taffys said:

'Well I said tens of thousands, but....let's face it.....I lied. Still, I lied for something I truly believe in.
    And everytime the likes of IDS points out he campaigned for tens of thousands, and was elected on that platform. It's impossible to counter it bar handwaving.

Nitwit Brokenshire said on Sky "...there's no magic bullet..." Oh yes there is. It's called Leave.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Roger said:

As you say it looks like Saatchis. Apart from the typography it's quite a common theme of theirs to start a campaign by using an arresting image which sums up the opposition's weakness.

Interestingly last time I wrote about posters I wrongly attributed 'Demon Eyes' (which I described as a failure) to the Saatchis. In fact it was conceived by Steve Hilton.

So it was Steve Hilton who was prescient?

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389
    Anna said:

The government appointed a Leave campaign. Presumably so that they could make the case for Leave with absolute clarity.

They are the "official" Leave campaign.
  • Options

Cameron - "45 minutes to save the economy.."
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    TGOHF said:

Be great if they did that - a sure vote loser for leave.
  • Options
    Anna said:

Quite - and Leave will be pointing this out again and again. Still, everything is always great for Remain - just as it was for LDs before May 8th :wink:
  • Options

taffys said:

And everytime the likes of IDS points out he campaigned for tens of thousands, and was elected on that platform. It's impossible to counter it bar handwaving.

Nitwit Brokenshire said on Sky "...there's no magic bullet..." Oh yes there is. It's called Leave.
    Ah yes - let's try an ad campaign for 'Leave' which talks about magic - another sure fire winner.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Perhaps with a tampon.
    Also an excellent way to help with the Brexit negotiations - with the EU! that'll surely make them give the UK everything they want.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,377
    TGOHF said:

"28 days to save the UK!"
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,509
    This has been doing the rounds for weeks. At least the image has. I don't think it's part of the new campaign. It is quite effective.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
  • Options

Anna said:

Good luck with that one :-)

It continues to tickle that 'Leave' expect the government to provide both their own case and the the Leave case for them. :)
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,354
    Anna said:

No, because the unanimous view in Westminster is that if Leave wins, Cameron will resign at once with ??? as his replacement, following ??? policy.
  • Options
    AnnaAnna Posts: 59

Anna said:

The government's preferred option may be moot though - they've asked the electorate to make the decision and need to be ready for either outcome with a plan... I'm not that demanding of my government, but I do expect basic contingency planning for a 20-30% probability event (per the betting markets).
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

" 28 days to save my career".
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Anna said:

The government appointed a Leave campaign. Presumably so that they could make the case for Leave with absolute clarity.

You're not still peddling this desperate number are you? It's very low down the food chain for you. A bit odd to be honest. Mother Hubbard got nothing better than this in the argument cupboard?
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

Anna said:

They had a preferred option at the GE, called "winning" are you suggesting there was no planning for what they might have done in coalition, or if they lost ?
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,420
    I was going to say that Roger would no doubt have something to say about the ad but he already has!

Yes, I suspect that this'll be a major theme of Remain from here in. It's well done but it doesn't really address any of Leave's complaints.
  • Options
    Anna said:

Anna said:

The government's preferred option may be moot though - they've asked the electorate to make the decision and need to be ready for either outcome with a plan... I'm not that demanding of my government, but I do expect basic contingency planning for a 20-30% probability event (per the betting markets).
    It would be easier to do basic contingency planning if those demanding a change of direction were to indicate what that might mean. It is not the government's fault that the Leave campaign are divided and clueless.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

If there is no magic bullet for immigration under the current arrangements, then why did David Cameron pretend in 2015 that there was?

Why did he paint himself as a different alternative to labour lib dems, when the result has been exactly the same??

This is him admitting the conservative policy on this topic in 2015 was a complete and utter sham.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

You're not still peddling this desperate number are you? It's very low down the food chain for you. A bit odd to be honest. Mother Hubbard got nothing better than this in the argument cupboard?
    :lol:
  • Options
    felix said:

TGOHF said:

Perhaps with a tampon.
    Also an excellent way to help with the Brexit negotiations - with the EU! that'll surely make them give the UK everything they want.
    Well Cameron tried the "good cop" approach in his effort to renegotiate and got nothing. The remainian arguments are invariably pusillanimous.
  • Options

Anna said:

Anna said:

It would be easier to do basic contingency planning if those demanding a change of direction were to indicate what that might mean. It is not the government's fault that the Leave campaign are divided and clueless.
    Could you point out the members of the leave campaign that will be running the government after a leave vote, are they replacing all the MPs as well, or are you perpetuating the same tired old horseshit that this is a GE and not a referendum.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

What is the point of Vote Leave? What is the point of their manifesto or their stated desire to "take control of immigration"?

Leave wins June 23rd, new faces as PM & CotE, etc. Right lads, we're out; what are we going to do? Anyone any ideas?

Does that seem plausible to you?
  • Options

Anna said:

Anna said:

???

They need Vote Leave's instructions on what to do in order to initiate basic contingency planning?
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Could you point out the members of the leave campaign that will be running the government after a leave vote, are they replacing all the MPs as well, or are you perpetuating the same tired old horseshit that this is a GE and not a referendum.
    Michael Gove and Boris Johnson, with side orders of Iain Duncan Smith and Liam Fox. Glad to be of assistance.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,966

Anna said:

Anna said:

Errm you don't have a contingency plan for things going right generally. You have them for when stuff goes wrong.
  • Options
    LucyJonesLucyJones Posts: 651

Picture of Cameron with his finger crossed behind his back as he makes one of his "promises". Or Juncker. Or Osborne.

• Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Current state of PB comments appears to be "never voting Tory again."
    Pray tell who are you going to choose if in 2020 or sooner it's Theresa May a point or two ahead of Jeremy Corbyn, with Nicola Sturgeon waiting in the wings?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

What is the point of Vote Leave? What is the point of their manifesto or their stated desire to "take control of immigration"?

Leave wins June 23rd, new faces as PM & CotE, etc. Right lads, we're out; what are we going to do? Anyone any ideas?

Something will be decided, it will be filleted by the commentariat and a verdict will be delivered by the good people of Great Britain in four years time.

It's called democracy. Something remainers seem to hold in contempt.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Errm you don't have a contingency plan for things going right generally. You have them for when stuff goes wrong.
    The Leavers on here today:

What do we want? Well why aren't you telling us what we want?
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

So Cameron offered a referendum, even though he thinks one result could lead to WAR!!!

And is too incompetent to handle it, if Leave win?

Right.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

On what PLANET does a Government hand over the reins of policy to the winning campaign team of a plebiscite? Having done nothing in the meantime in the way of contingency planning. What is the point of our huge Rolls Royce civil service? How do the Treasury have time to write doorstop reports on what a disaster Brexit will be, but not to do any preparation for that highly possible disaster, because VOTE LEAVE haven't told them what will happen yet.

I'm flabbergasted you're continuing to dig, but do go on.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

I suspect what most Leavers really want is to vote themselves back to the 1950s.

Or, in some cases, the 1590s....
  • Options

What we want is freedom. Freedom from Brussels. Why allow unelected bureaucrats to decide out fate?

The rest is up to British people over the course of time. I trust them to make the right decisions.

They generally do.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

I suspect what most Leavers really want is to vote themselves back to the 1950s.

Er, the Treaty of Rome DOES date back to the 1950s!!!!

Let's party like it's 1958!
  • Options

Roger said:

Hopefully with the help of some research. I heard Steve Hilton yesterday lambast EU officials for traveling first class and staying at five star hotels. It made me smile that he thought EU officials so less deserving than us advertising folk who never travel or stay any other way.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Its the EU that's in the 1950s, mate.
  • Options

Indigo said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Michael Gove and Boris Johnson, with side orders of Iain Duncan Smith and Liam Fox. Glad to be of assistance.
    Elected by whom ? I thought you guys had been telling us for the past few threads who they were in free fall, had no credibility, were a bit of a joke and so forth. DoubleThink seems to be popular in the Remain camp.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
  • Options
    Roger said:

Roger said:

Hopefully with the help of some research. I heard Steve Hilton yesterday lambast EU officials for traveling first class and staying at five star hotels. It made me smile that he thought EU officials so less deserving than us advertising folk who never travel or stay any other way.
    If your client is stupid enough to pay for it, why not. Public money is different.
  • Options
    ''It made me smile that he thought EU officials so less deserving than us advertising folk who never travel or stay any other way.''

Yes but you are treating yourself on company money, not taxpayer money.

You can;t see the difference though. People like you never can.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

So now you're not just suggesting Vote Leave will control the Government after a Leave vote, but actual PB leavers will?

Sunil for propaganda minister please.
  • Options
    madasafishmadasafish Posts: 659

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Alistair Heath has an argument in today DT as to why Brexit will win, http://tinyurl.com/zpxay76

Basically he 's saying if we adopt a Norwegian approach post Brexit we'll become richer.
    BUT a Norwegian approach basically says we WILL CONTINUE to pay the EC some money and obey some regulations - thus shooting Leave's argument to bits on money (less savings) and regulation (none vs some).

Clearly Brexit have no agreed plan if they win. Would anyone trust these people to organise a drinking session in a brewery? I would not.

I expect Remain to win with a large majority as voters realise what a mess Brexit is.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Anna said:

No, because the unanimous view in Westminster is that if Leave wins, Cameron will resign at once with ??? as his replacement, following ??? policy.
    Well, of course you are smart enough to know that isn't true.

Cameron will announce his intention to resign as soon as a new Conservative Party leader is elected.

There will then be a (presumably quick) campaign to select a new leader - I guess pre summer. There will be several candidates - Tories like leadership elections - each, presumably, with different policy positions.

Once in place they will take the summer to convert statements of principle into detailed policy positions and then in the autumn will start the negotiation proper.
  • Options
    ''Clearly Brexit have no agreed plan if they win. Would anyone trust these people to organise a drinking session in a brewery? I would not.''

As a leaver I have proud to have no plan.

What happens to Britain, including and especially who does or doesn't come here, should be the result of the settled will of British citizens. I'm not going to dictate to them.

The soviets had a great, fantastic detailed plan. A five year one. and a 10-year one. So did Mao.

Look what happened there.

So you know where you can stick your plan.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

On what PLANET does a Government hand over the reins of policy to the winning campaign team of a plebiscite? Having done nothing in the meantime in the way of contingency planning. What is the point of our huge Rolls Royce civil service? How do the Treasury have time to write doorstop reports on what a disaster Brexit will be, but not to do any preparation for that highly possible disaster, because VOTE LEAVE haven't told them what will happen yet.

I'm flabbergasted you're continuing to dig, but do go on.
    On PLANET EARTH.

But. Let's suppose it's Leave. Let's also suppose Article 50 is invoked sharpish. And the same team stays in place. We now have two years to negotiate. June 24th 2016 - June 23rd 2018 NOTHING CHANGES. Plenty of time for wrangling over who is doing or arguing for what.
  • Options

Clearly Brexit have no agreed plan if they win. Would anyone trust these people to organise a drinking session in a brewery? I would not.

Jesus wept.

The BrExit campaign are not the government, the Conservative Party is, after the referendum, guess what, the Conservative Party is still the government. The referendum is advisory, the Conservative Party in the event of a Leave vote have the full range of options from telling the voters to get lost, to repealing the European Communities Act (1972) and all stations in between. Which of those happens will be chosen by the Government elected at GE2015, and passed or rejected by Parliament. VLTC can stand on the sidelines and shout about what it wants, but that is the extent of its input.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

What is the point of our huge Rolls Royce civil service? n.
    Expensive and doesn't work very often?
  • Options
    Innocent_AbroadInnocent_Abroad Posts: 3,294
    edited May 2016
    taffys said:

''Clearly Brexit have no agreed plan if they win. Would anyone trust these people to organise a drinking session in a brewery? I would not.''

As a leaver I have proud to have no plan.

What happens to Britain, including and especially who does or doesn't come here, should be the result of the settled will of British citizens. I'm not going to dictate to them.

The soviets had a great, fantastic detailed plan. A five year one. and a 10-year one. So did Mao.

Look what happened there.

So you know where you can stick your plan.

I think, taffys, you'll find that every successful business has a plan too.

If you're a fifth-former, fair enough. Otherwise, try not to sound like one.

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,966
    edited May 2016

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

An immigration system based entirely on merit ^_~

My point is a genuine one though, and I raised it back when the Scots were deciding "in or oot" - apparently the civil service had done zero planning for an out vote, which I found somewhat worrying !
  • Options
    Charles said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Anna said:

What is the point of our huge Rolls Royce civil service? n.
    Expensive and doesn't work very often?
    But popular in China? :lol:
  • Options
    Roger said:

Roger said:

He doesn't think they are less deserving.

I'm surprised that you can still get away with it. Whenever I contract with a company - usually S&P500 - one of the clauses is that I have to stick to their travel policies.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @taffys

Yes and to date the people, via their elected representatives have decided to stay in the EU. And now we are carving this out and asking the people directly.

All is good.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,970
    Roger said:

Roger said:

The difference, as I hope you realise Roger, is that you are being paid by a private company to travel that way - and bloody good luck to you for it as well. Judging by your thread headers on here you are well worth the money.

EU officials on the other hand are being paid out of taxpayers money and should not be so extravagant with it.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,724
    Indigo said:

Jesus wept.

The BrExit campaign are not the government, the Conservative Party is, after the referendum, guess what, the Conservative Party is still the government. The referendum is advisory, the Conservative Party in the event of a Leave vote have the full range of options from telling the voters to get lost, to repealing the European Communities Act (1972) and all stations in between. Which of those happens will be chosen by the Government elected at GE2015, and passed or rejected by Parliament. VLTC can stand on the sidelines and shout about what it wants, but that is the extent of its input.
    The Conservative Party may still form the government but which part of it will be in positions of power (PM and cabinet) and which will be powerless backbenchers?
  • Options
    LucyJones said:

Picture of Cameron with his finger crossed behind his back as he makes one of his "promises". Or Juncker. Or Osborne.

That's a cracker.
  • Options
    The NI Assembly election was really interesting, wasn't it?

At a time when European politics is in absolute turmoil, almost nothing changed in the 18 6-seater constituencies:
    Two seats went from one proletarian Catholic party (Sinn Féin) to another (PBP)
    One seat went from one middle-class left party (SDLP) to another (Greens)
    SF/SDLP and DUP/UUP each swapped a pair of seats within their own communities
    And SF got one more seat from the SDLP
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Alistair Heath has an argument in today DT as to why Brexit will win, http://tinyurl.com/zpxay76

Basically he 's saying if we adopt a Norwegian approach post Brexit we'll become richer.
    BUT a Norwegian approach basically says we WILL CONTINUE to pay the EC some money and obey some regulations - thus shooting Leave's argument to bits on money (less savings) and regulation (none vs some).

I expect Remain to win with a large majority as voters realise what a mess Brexit is.

'Brexit' as you rather ungrammatically term it, is a body of opinion. A broad coalition of fellow travellers who wish Britain to leave the European Union. That encompasses an extremely broad range of views, visions, and levels of interest. As does Remain. As does The Conservative Party, The Labour Party, The WI, The Glastonbury Young Farmers Association etc.

The demands of PB Remainers that everyone of Leave persuasion, from the official campaign, the unofficial campaigns, and now even Leavers on PB, must have a single policy programme for the next 15 years that we all intone as one are really quite bizarre. Enforced harmonisation is your thing, not ours.
  • Options

I was going to say that Roger would no doubt have something to say about the ad but he already has!

Yes, I suspect that this'll be a major theme of Remain from here in. It's well done but it doesn't really address any of Leave's complaints.

It doesn't really need to because no one's hearing them. The only stuff that seems to be cutting through at the moment are organizations queuing up to say how out of pocket we'll be if we vote Leave.
  • Options

Indigo said:

Jesus wept.

The Conservative Party may still form the government but which part of it will be in positions of power (PM and cabinet) and which will be powerless backbenchers?
    Powerless when the government has a tiny majority ? I think not. Anything decided still has to be passed by parliament.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Roger said:

Roger said:

The difference, as I hope you realise Roger, is that you are being paid by a private company to travel that way - and bloody good luck to you for it as well. Judging by your thread headers on here you are well worth the money.

EU officials on the other hand are being paid out of taxpayers money and should not be so extravagant with it.
    "There is no such thing as "EU Money". There is only taxpayers' money!"
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

It's really disingenuous for Remain to say that the leave campaign can't say what will happen. The government will be itheir fingers.

'Brexit' as you rather ungrammatically term it, is a body of opinion. A broad coalition of fellow travellers who wish Britain to leave the European Union. That encompasses an extremely broad range of views, visions, and levels of interest. As does Remain. As does The Conservative Party, The Labour Party, The WI, The Glastonbury Young Farmers Association etc.

The demands of PB Remainers that everyone of Leave persuasion, from the official campaign, the unofficial campaigns, and now even Leavers on PB, must have a single policy programme for the next 15 years that we all intone as one are really quite bizarre. Enforced harmonisation is your thing, not ours.
    Agree. We're going to go free-form interpretive dance on kettle regulations.

Just chillax.
  • Options
    EPG said:

At a time when European politics is in absolute turmoil, almost nothing changed in the 18 6-seater constituencies:

It is interesting - the combined SDLP/SF vote is only 36.0%, the lowest it's been since the second IRA Ceasefire in 1997.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

Its the EU that's in the 1950s, mate.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Anna said:

Anna said:

It's really disingenuous for Remain to say that the leave campaign can't say what will happen. The government will be itheir fingers.

Agree. We're going to go free-form interpretive dance on kettle regulations.

Just chillax.
    I'd love to but Vote Leave haven't given me a clearly set out, credible plan for chillaxing yet, so I can't.
  • Options

EPG said:

It is interesting - the combined SDLP/SF vote is only 36.0%, the lowest it's been since the second IRA Ceasefire in 1997.
    They lost big numbers of voters to the PBP and the Greens depending on income level.
    The same thing happened in the middle of the last Dáil down south. The other left parties can outflank them by promising sun/moon/stars.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Anyway, I have a huge objection to this poster. Whoever signed off "outside of" should be tarred, feathered and thrown in a fast-flowing river.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,116
    South Ossetia will hold a referendum on joining Russia in 2017. First test for Trump's new foreign policy approach?
  • Options

Anyway, I have a huge objection to this poster. Whoever signed off "outside of" should be tarred, feathered and thrown in a fast-flowing river.

That's why I put "INSIDE EUROPE" on my spoof version ;)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    We just got t-shirts made and signed each others shirts....

Teenage students were filmed getting lap dances from a stripper they hired for their classroom graduation party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3610774/Teenagers-filmed-getting-lap-dances-stripper-hired-classroom-graduation-party-telling-teachers-coming-talk-equal-rights.html
  • Options

South Ossetia will hold a referendum on joining Russia in 2017. First test for Trump's new foreign policy approach?

Well, the Russians do already have North Ossetia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Ossetia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ossetia-Alania
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BBCJonSopel: #AP say it's official. @realDonaldTrump has got the 1237 delegates, killed off 16 #GOP rivals. Now just @HillaryClinton in way of Presidency
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@BBCJonSopel: #AP say it's official. @realDonaldTrump has got the 1237 delegates, killed off 16 #GOP rivals. Now just @HillaryClinton in way of Presidency

Trump's Top?
  • Options
    EPG said:

EPG said:

They lost big numbers of voters to the PBP and the Greens depending on income level.
    The same thing happened in the middle of the last Dáil down south. The other left parties can outflank them by promising sun/moon/stars.
    PBP would certainly be at least 80% ex-nationalist voters, although the party places a lot of stress on not being nationalist. The Greens' voters in South Belfast are probably disproportionately nationalist, but in their other constituency, North Down, I should think they're predominantly unionist.
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 221
    Afternoon all. On an earlier post a couple of posters kindly replied to be request regarding Vote Leave leaflet delivery. I am in the West Midlands. If I buy leaflets and deliver I assume I report where I delivered so as to avoid duplication. Or can I get some leaflets sent to me as one poster did?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

That egregious error raises the question: is it real, a spoof, or just something that was pitched?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

EPG said:

EPG said:

PBP would certainly be at least 80% ex-nationalist voters, although the party places a lot of stress on not being nationalist. The Greens' voters in South Belfast are probably disproportionately nationalist, but in their other constituency, North Down, I should think they're predominantly unionist.
    I just read the Wiki article, and PBPA are described as Eurosceptic, which would be anathema to the two big Nationalist parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Before_Profit_Alliance
This discussion has been closed.