Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Season's Greetings to fellow pb insomniacs.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,921

Season's Greetings to fellow pb insomniacs.

I'm not an insomniac. Far too early to be going to bed.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas to all at PB, with a special mention to those who write the leaders and help run the site.

Kudos to Mike's mystery Champagne giver, very classy. :santa:
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    Merry Christmas PB and OGH. Let's hope our stockings are filled with AV-related gifts! :D
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Merry Christmas, one and all.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Regarding Solar Panels - if I proposed an energy saving measure to a client and it had a 10 year payback on investment they would think I was having a laugh. Anything beyond 2 or maybe 3 and they just aren't interested. Why should I treat my home any differently?

I am not sure what your point is. Isn't the depreciation of the original layout the only "cost" ? The raw material [ solar energy ] is free.

Millions of people are not converting for nothing.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,128
    A very Happy Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Nadolig Llawen, etc, and from where I am สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส

And now the swimming pool beckons!
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

A very Happy Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Nadolig Llawen, etc, and from where I am สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส

And now the swimming pool beckons!

Indeed. Having recovered from my midnight feast, its now time for Christmas dinner, or will be when the roast pig is delivered in about 30 mins. Maligayang Pasko
  • Options
    stjohn said:

"I never understand why Andrew Neil is not the person to do these. He after all is the person who covers politics for the BBC on a daily basis and actually knows what is going on. Instead he gets banished to do interviews on the likes of the cruise of the doomed in 2010."

Completely agree. Andrew Neil is way ahead of the rest in terms of political knowledge, analysis and interviewing ability.

Because then who would be interviewing the politicians? I don't think Dimbleby does that at all on the election coverage.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790

Big News on Christmas Eve is that Dimbleby is been given one last election to cover, namely the referendum. Oh dear this is hardly an encouraging bit of news to come out of the BBC, until ... you realise that it has apparently upset Huw Edwards who had previously been promised what I believe young people call the 'gig'.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I never understand why Andrew Neil is not the person to do these. He after all is the person who covers politics for the BBC on a daily basis and actually knows what is going on. Instead he gets banished to do interviews on the likes of the cruise of the doomed in 2010.
    Andrew Neil? He's an idiot. He couldn't even pronounce "Enver Hoxha" properly during MaocDonnellgate.
  • Options
    JohnLoony said:

Big News on Christmas Eve is that Dimbleby is been given one last election to cover, namely the referendum. Oh dear this is hardly an encouraging bit of news to come out of the BBC, until ... you realise that it has apparently upset Huw Edwards who had previously been promised what I believe young people call the 'gig'.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I never understand why Andrew Neil is not the person to do these. He after all is the person who covers politics for the BBC on a daily basis and actually knows what is going on. Instead he gets banished to do interviews on the likes of the cruise of the doomed in 2010.
    Andrew Neil? He's an idiot. He couldn't even pronounce "Enver Hoxha" properly during MaocDonnellgate.
    We have a proud tradition of mispronouncing names and places. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    While I was at my parents' house the other day I noticed a bottle of Jura whisky. On the box there was a load of self-satisfied sanctimonious guff about what a lovely wonderful place Jura is to live (with its single pub and shop) and how could anybody want more (etc.).

The reality seems to be that Jura is a hideously ghastly wet dull empty godforsaken hellhole which no sane person would ever want to visit let alone live in. Most of it is covered in bog, there is only a small bit of road, and there are no regular ferry connections with the mainland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jura,_Scotland
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    JohnLoony said:

The reality seems to be that Jura is a hideously ghastly wet dull empty godforsaken hellhole which no sane person would ever want to visit let alone live in. Most of it is covered in bog, there is only a small bit of road, and there are no regular ferry connections with the mainland.

I have been there. This description is essentially accurate...
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,533
    JohnLoony said:

While I was at my parents' house the other day I noticed a bottle of Jura whisky. On the box there was a load of self-satisfied sanctimonious guff about what a lovely wonderful place Jura is to live (with its single pub and shop) and how could anybody want more (etc.).

Sadly they no longer make Old Mull whisky, which could strip paint, free up heavy machinery and give you a head like so many local sheep.

But sitting at Lochbuie looking out over the water there was no better drink.

Happy Christmas all.
This discussion has been closed.