Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This week’s PB/Polling Matters podcast: The 2016 White Hous

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    SNP says no
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,040

@britainelects: EU referendum poll:
    Remain: 40% (-)
    Leave: 38% (-2)
    (via YouGov / 19 - 24 Nov)

What do we want !

A renegotiated settlement that gives us back some primacy over Brussels.

When do we want it ?

Some time before 2017.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Scott_P said:

SNP says no

Well I am sure that will stop any terrorist actions that might affect people of Scots heritage.

NOT
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,241

Mr Jessop

Default setting: someone disagrees with me, they're ridiculous.

We waste money overseas, despite your condescendence my mind hasn't changed.

"We waste money overseas"

I like your definition of fact for something you admit you haven't studied. That makes it more an act of faith than an intelligent, considered position.

As I said below, there are posters who argue against foreign aid who do so from a strong position, based on knowledge. I don't think their position is ridiculous, even if I disagree with them.

As an aside, I've not said you're ridiculous (I hope). I've said your position on this matter is ridiculous.
    Studied - what on earth does that mean, would you like me to write a dissertation?

Look, we're £1.5 trillion in debt with a huge if reducing deficit. We pay more in foreign aid than any other country, perhaps we're second. That is all the research I need thanks, you can patronise me all you like.

No, I expect you to actually read up the basics, which you admit you have not done. And the fact you say 'perhaps' shows your research even into the one titbit is non-existent ...
  • Options
    Floater said:
    We shouldn't really be shocked should we. Hopefully we never get Sadiq Khan as London Mayor and Corbyn as PM....
  • Options
    McDonnell thoughts on Mao...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMhTVrvNB4

HatTip:- HurryUpHarry
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    Scott_P said:

SNP says no

Not quite true. Angus Robertson would have used 700 or 800 words to say 'No' and bored everyone into a coma.
  • Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492

Mr Jessop

I like your definition of fact for something you admit you haven't studied. That makes it more an act of faith than an intelligent, considered position.

As I said below, there are posters who argue against foreign aid who do so from a strong position, based on knowledge. I don't think their position is ridiculous, even if I disagree with them.

As an aside, I've not said you're ridiculous (I hope). I've said your position on this matter is ridiculous.
    Studied - what on earth does that mean, would you like me to write a dissertation?

Look, we're £1.5 trillion in debt with a huge if reducing deficit. We pay more in foreign aid than any other country, perhaps we're second. That is all the research I need thanks, you can patronise me all you like.

No, I expect you to actually read up the basics, which you admit you have not done. And the fact you say 'perhaps' shows your research even into the one titbit is non-existent ...
    Mr Jessop, instead of posturing, and assuming you think our financial situation needs attending to, would you say all the money we spend overseas is well spent?

Its an area you've extensively researched so I look forward to an in depth and analytical breakdown.

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,241
    edited November 2015

Mr Jessop

Mr Jessop, instead of posturing, and assuming you think our financial situation needs attending to, would you say all the money we spend overseas is well spent?

Its an area you've extensively researched so I look forward to an in depth and analytical breakdown.
    I'm not posturing. I'm trying to show you that your position is ill-considered. In fact, it's not considered in the least. It is a knowledge-free zone on this matter.

As for your question: it's stupid. Of course 'not all the money is well spent'; but that's true for all departments. Only a fool (or politician) would answer 'yes'.

That does not mean the money for those departments should be cut; just that we should try to make it be spent more wisely so there is as little waste as possible (we will sadly never got to zero waste).

On the other hand, as other posters have mentioned, our aid can do tremendous good. I would have thought someone on your 'doorstep conversations' might have told you that.
  • Options
    OMG! Finally i am now a mother and my husband is now at peace with me. This was made possible through the help of the Herbs that Dr.Oniha sent to me. I was childless for more than 4years all hope was gone for me to have a child, but when i contacted Dr.Oniha the whole story changed he told me what do and i did just as he instructed me to and he told me that he is going to send me some Herbs that after using it and meet with my husband i am going to get pregnant, i don't have a choice order than to say yes to him. When i received the Herbs here in my country i used it just as he said, then i went for check up only for my Doctor to tell me that i am 2 weeks old pregnant and the amusing thing now is that i am now a mother. I don't know how to thank this great man called Dr.Oniha he has really changed my life for good and i belief that he will also do this for you that is reading this comment. My advice to dose of you out there who are looking for one way or the other to have a child is to send an email to Dr.Oniha at (greatoniha@yahoomail.com) or call him directly on (+2347052534659) and he will bring you your solution ASAP.
    CALL DR. ONIHA ON +2347052534659 TO GET PREGNANT.
This discussion has been closed.