Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » SNP lose seat to LDs who lose to CON – all the latest local

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

Danny565 said:

3rd week in a row that Graham Norton has taken the piss out of Piggate.....now that's what I call cut-through!

Hogging the limelight?
    Oversalting the bacon?

Sh*t, that's too on the nose, isn't it?
    Yes, it's ham fisted.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,919
    Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

Danny565 said:

3rd week in a row that Graham Norton has taken the piss out of Piggate.....now that's what I call cut-through!

Hogging the limelight?
    Oversalting the bacon?

Yes, it's ham fisted.
    Tounge in cheek.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

Danny565 said:

Hogging the limelight?
    Oversalting the bacon?

Yes, it's ham fisted.
    Tounge in cheek.
    Tounge? ;)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,349
    Frankie Boyle in brilliant form

'Corbyn took to the stage with his head like a haunted tennis ball, and the general air of a pigeon that had inherited a suit. His speech lasted 59 minutes, one minute for every Labour MP who would like to see him fed into a sausage machine. The new Labour leader insisted, “Leadership is about listening.” If leadership is about listening, the great political speeches would have been a little different. Churchill saying, “Can you tell me what you’d like to do on the beaches?” Or Martin Luther King, surrounded by civil right activists at the Lincoln Memorial: “Did everyone hear that? He said a dog came into his bedroom but it had the head of his dead mother … it sang the Camptown Races and then all his teeth fell out. That’s a great one. OK, hands up who’s got another dream?”

Many in the party think Corbyn won’t last the full term, especially if we have a couple of cold winters. Actually, I have high hopes for him and his deputy Tom Watson, who could be mistaken, in a low light, for a chest of drawers with a telly on top. Perhaps their contrasting styles will complement each other. Corbyn looks like he will be killed by a mole from the secret services, Watson by a roll from the motorway services. Corbyn even came to the rescue of a speaker at the conference when her wheelchair became stuck while on stage. If it had been the Tories, she would have been removed by Iain Duncan Smith side-kicking her into the orchestra pit.'
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/08/frankie-boyles-conference-roundup-haunted-tennis-ball-slytherin-chancellor-politics
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

THE TELEGRAPH FRONT PAGE: 'Detective quits VIP abuse case in disgust' #skypapers http://t.co/06ECWq6SN7

"...but Tom Watson forced enquiry to continue..."
    I seem to remember something about a moral crusade.

Shame Labour seem to have forgotten about that.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:

@SophyRidgeSky: Breaking: former M&S boss and Conservative peer Lord Stuart Rose will chair the In Campaign #EURef http://t.co/l2CJFxhXVi

Excellent news, the In campaign chaired by a man who presided over a company which has gone absolutely nowhere during the last decade.
    Idiot comment.
    Remind me what their share price is compared to when Rose took over? A savings account would have been better.
    Remind me how well Farage did at getting elected. The comment about Rose has no worth as to relating to his merits as leader of a referendum campaign.
    I couldn't care less how Farage did and he is not being put forward as a successful businessman so not quite sure why you are bringing him into this. The Rose comment is relevant as his track record as a businessman is not particularly impressive. The In campaign is a collection of failures and mediocrity, Will Straw, Ryan Coetzee and now Stuart Rose.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    The man who initiated paedophile claims against Leon Brittan admitted yesterday that he was “right up for witch-hunts against rightwing Tories”.

Mr Fay’s apparent admission of a political motive will increase pressure on Mr Watson, who has faced criticism over his role. He put pressure on police to investigate Lord Brittan, the former Conservative home secretary, though several of the accusers he cited were later discredited.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4582028.ece
  • Options
    What do you get when you cross breed a parrot with a tiger?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Jonathan said:

Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

Danny565 said:

Hogging the limelight?
    Oversalting the bacon?

Yes, it's ham fisted.
    Tounge in cheek.
    Tounge? ;)
    Jenny Tounge? :lol:
  • Options
    'The Conservatives held theirs in Manchester. For the prostitution industry, this is the equivalent of being selected to host the Commonwealth Games. There was a ring of steel around the conference. Ironically, it’s the last steel the north will be seeing for a very long time. Tory conference seemed to be all about saying how much you believe in British values, then immediately contradicting yourself: “This country has always welcomed migrants … but we’re full up.”
    The first big hitter to take the stage was George Osborne, a man who is not afraid to bark at his hairdresser, “Demented syphilitic emperor!” and his tailor, “Prom night at Slytherin!” The best part of Osborne’s speech was the eerie six seconds of complete silence after the applause had ended but before he started to talk; presumably the demons who speak through him were arguing about who got to go first.
    Osborne wants to “fix the roof while the sun is shining”. It’s like he has never even visited Britain. When the sun shines in Britain, that’s when we stop working. When the sun is shining in Britain, no one is fixing a roof, they are in a beer garden drinking 10 pints of cider, the roof the least of their worries as they are no longer able to find their own house.
    The whole sorry season finished with David Cameron, of all people, giving a speech about equality. A speech blatantly at right angles to everything he has ever said or done. A speech where he yelled that London is the greatest city in the world, in the middle of Manchester. Cameron said: “There are parts of Britain today where you can get by without ever speaking English.” Yes, Newcastle. He said the Tories were the party that, “doesn’t care where you come from, but only where you’re going”. Which basically sums up Theresa May’s immigration policy.'
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/08/frankie-boyles-conference-roundup-haunted-tennis-ball-slytherin-chancellor-politics
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    The worrying thing about the Watson story is not so much his attempts to interfere with a police investigation but the fact that senior police officers seem to have taken their cue from him

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Freedom of movement the big issue in the referendum

'But the debate over freedom of movement isn’t just a contentious issue for the Tories. New figures suggest the number of Britons that want remain in the EU could drop substantially if it proves impossible to enforce greater controls on the free movement of people. How the campaign to stay in, which launches next Monday, handles the immigration debate could prove critical to the referendum’s outcome.

If freedom of movement is not limited, the proportion who say Britain should stay in the EU drops 16 percentage points (to 36% from 52%), while the vote to get out rises by 12 points (to 43% from 31%), according to analysis by Ipsos Mori.'

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2015/oct/09/eu-referendum-polling-reveals-freedom-of-movement-most-contentious-issue
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

'The Conservatives held theirs in Manchester. For the prostitution industry, this is the equivalent of being selected to host the Commonwealth Games. There was a ring of steel around the conference. Ironically, it’s the last steel the north will be seeing for a very long time. Tory conference seemed to be all about saying how much you believe in British values, then immediately contradicting yourself: “This country has always welcomed migrants … but we’re full up.”
    The first big hitter to take the stage was George Osborne, a man who is not afraid to bark at his hairdresser, “Demented syphilitic emperor!” and his tailor, “Prom night at Slytherin!” The best part of Osborne’s speech was the eerie six seconds of complete silence after the applause had ended but before he started to talk; presumably the demons who speak through him were arguing about who got to go first.
    Osborne wants to “fix the roof while the sun is shining”. It’s like he has never even visited Britain. When the sun shines in Britain, that’s when we stop working. When the sun is shining in Britain, no one is fixing a roof, they are in a beer garden drinking 10 pints of cider, the roof the least of their worries as they are no longer able to find their own house.
    The whole sorry season finished with David Cameron, of all people, giving a speech about equality. A speech blatantly at right angles to everything he has ever said or done. A speech where he yelled that London is the greatest city in the world, in the middle of Manchester. Cameron said: “There are parts of Britain today where you can get by without ever speaking English.” Yes, Newcastle. He said the Tories were the party that, “doesn’t care where you come from, but only where you’re going”. Which basically sums up Theresa May’s immigration policy.'

I may be wrong, but that sounds a tad biased to me.....
  • Options
    RIP Hugh Scully

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34488729

I have to admit my surprise that he was only 72, sadly, when he died.

He looked vintage and distinguished back in the 80s.
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903
    MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:

@SophyRidgeSky: Breaking: former M&S boss and Conservative peer Lord Stuart Rose will chair the In Campaign #EURef http://t.co/l2CJFxhXVi

Excellent news, the In campaign chaired by a man who presided over a company which has gone absolutely nowhere during the last decade.
    Idiot comment.
    Remind me what their share price is compared to when Rose took over? A savings account would have been better.
    Remind me how well Farage did at getting elected. The comment about Rose has no worth as to relating to his merits as leader of a referendum campaign.
    I couldn't care less how Farage did and he is not being put forward as a successful businessman so not quite sure why you are bringing him into this. The Rose comment is relevant as his track record as a businessman is not particularly impressive. The In campaign is a collection of failures and mediocrity, Will Straw, Ryan Coetzee and now Stuart Rose.
    No Farage is being put forward as a successful politician who cannot win a seat as an MP and puts himself at the top of his own list on the euro elections.
    How well Rose campaigns and fronts his organisation is what counts. Can he communicate will people listen?
    As it is the various brands of Outs seem more interested in attacking each others organiations rather than offering a case.
  • Options
    Brief vox pop from Shadsy in ArtsNight - talking about Man Booker Prize.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Frankie Boyle is generally a left leaning Scot, but can be just as scathing of Labour as the Tories, as my earlier post showed. Does not change the fact he is one of the best comedians in Britain today, if only through sheer cynicism alone
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

'Corbyn took to the stage with his head like a haunted tennis ball, and the general air of a pigeon that had inherited a suit. His speech lasted 59 minutes, one minute for every Labour MP who would like to see him fed into a sausage machine. The new Labour leader insisted, “Leadership is about listening.” If leadership is about listening, the great political speeches would have been a little different. Churchill saying, “Can you tell me what you’d like to do on the beaches?” Or Martin Luther King, surrounded by civil right activists at the Lincoln Memorial: “Did everyone hear that? He said a dog came into his bedroom but it had the head of his dead mother … it sang the Camptown Races and then all his teeth fell out. That’s a great one. OK, hands up who’s got another dream?”

Many in the party think Corbyn won’t last the full term, especially if we have a couple of cold winters. Actually, I have high hopes for him and his deputy Tom Watson, who could be mistaken, in a low light, for a chest of drawers with a telly on top. Perhaps their contrasting styles will complement each other. Corbyn looks like he will be killed by a mole from the secret services, Watson by a roll from the motorway services. Corbyn even came to the rescue of a speaker at the conference when her wheelchair became stuck while on stage. If it had been the Tories, she would have been removed by Iain Duncan Smith side-kicking her into the orchestra pit.'

I think the line about looking like a pigeon that had inherited a suit will stick, because it is so true.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Frankie Boyle is generally a left leaning Scot, but can be just as scathing of Labour as the Tories, as my earlier post showed. Does not change the fact he is one of the best comedians in Britain today, if only through sheer cynicism alone
    It was certainly funny to read!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    And depeche

and depeche mode on bbc4
  • Options

HYUFD said:

I think the line about looking like a pigeon that had inherited a suit will stick, because it is so true.
    Yes, can't really argue with that
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited October 2015

MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:

Idiot comment.
    No Farage is being put forward as a successful politician who cannot win a seat as an MP and puts himself at the top of his own list on the euro elections.
    How well Rose campaigns and fronts his organisation is what counts. Can he communicate will people listen?
    As it is the various brands of Outs seem more interested in attacking each others organiations rather than offering a case.
    No, Farage will be put forward as someone who has campaigned to leave the EU for decades.

Rose is a gift. His views on lazy British workers will come back to haunt him.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

A Brief History of Seven Killings sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Yes, he certainly hits home
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806

LucyJones said:

Not sure whether this has already been mentioned, but I see that The Independent appears to be recommending an EU "In" campaign based on shouting: "Racist!" at those xenophobic bigots who want to leave.

"Rather than ignore immigration, In should focus on it, and paint the Out camp as driven by Ukip’s xenophobia. Such a message would touch the young’s antennae. Besides, those voters who truly loathe immigration will not be won back to the European project: the undecided middle, on the other hand, will probably stand for EU membership over a cause associated with the far right."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/editorials/europe-or-bust-the-campaign-to-keep-the-uk-in-the-eu-is-lagging-and-needs-charismatic-leadership-a6686926.html

Corbyn seems to know a few people who are pretty good at hurling insults (amongst other things) at "the far right" (i.e. just about anyone who isn't a Corbynista). Maybe they would be a useful addition to the "In" cause?

Can I ask the Remain campaign to take wholeheartedly the Independent's advice please?
    The problem with any mature discussion of immigration or the clash of cultures is the Left's knee-jerk response of "racist". Without a proper discussion of these concerns the country will eventually explode into anger and even the Left will live to regret it.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

What was his review of the Labour conference?
  • Options
    2-0 :)
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,290
    Tim_B said:

Oh, oh I know this, don't tell me, its, its...

...a feathered skinless mess with beak and canines that falls out of the telepod and thrashes briefly before dying screaming?

Pause.

Oh, you wanted the humourous answer...:-)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

The first big hitter to take the stage was George Osborne, a man who is not afraid to bark at his hairdresser, “Demented syphilitic emperor!” and his tailor, “Prom night at Slytherin!” The best part of Osborne’s

Frankie Boyle is generally a left
    See a few posts earlier, as reposted by Flightpath

• Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    runnymede said:

The worrying thing about the Watson story is not so much his attempts to interfere with a police investigation but the fact that senior police officers seem to have taken their cue from him

To be honest, it is behaviour like Watson's that really ought to be covered by perverting the course of justice - but sadly it isn't
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

...a feathered skinless mess with beak and canines that falls out of the telepod and thrashes briefly before dying screaming?

Pause.

I don't know, but when it talks you'd better listen ;)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

The first big hitter to take the stage was George Osborne, a man who is not afraid to bark at his hairdresser, “Demented syphilitic emperor!” and his tailor, “Prom night at Slytherin!” The best part of Osborne’s

That's funny too. A pigeon inheriting a suit.
  • Options
    isam said:

And depeche

and depeche mode on bbc4
    Now New Order!
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

'Corbyn took to the stage with his head like a haunted tennis ball, and the general air of a pigeon that had inherited a suit. His speech lasted 59 minutes, one minute for every Labour MP who would like to see him fed into a sausage machine. The new Labour leader insisted,

Yes, the line that had me was 'Corbyn looks like he will be killed by a mole from the secret services, Watson by a roll from the motorway services.'
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

So much nonsense in there, but hey-ho it's the Grauniad.

I mean -

"...then immediately contradicting yourself: “This country has always welcomed migrants … but we’re full up.”"

- that's not contradiction, that's cause and effect; a concept which the thicko-Left haven't even begun to grasp.

Or how about -

"Osborne wants to “fix the roof while the sun is shining”. It’s like he has never even visited Britain. When the sun shines in Britain, that’s when we stop working. When the sun is shining in Britain, no one is fixing a roof..."

Er, yes, exactly - that's the problem! Britain has for too long (arguably for more than half a century, if not longer) not taken a long-term, pragmatic, thoughtful approach to national infrastructure, finances, etc. Again, not something that the luvvies at the Grauniad could see as a problem, let alone something they'd know how to solve.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

'Corbyn took to the stage with his head like a haunted tennis ball, and the general air of a pigeon that had inherited a suit. His speech lasted 59 minutes, one minute for every Labour MP who would like to see him fed into a sausage machine. The new Labour leader insisted,

Yes, the line that had me was 'Corbyn looks like he will be killed by a mole from the secret services, Watson by a roll from the motorway services.'
    I've eaten rolls from the motorway services and am aware of the danger ;)
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Indeed, Watson certainly looks like he has consumed more than a few in his time
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in mature political coverage, GQ has published an article titled

Fuck Ben Carson

Is it favorable or not do you think?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

The first big hitter to take the stage was George Osborne, a man who is not afraid to bark at his hairdresser, “Demented syphilitic emperor!” and his tailor, “Prom night at Slytherin!” The best part of Osborne’s speech was the eerie six seconds of complete silence after the applause had ended but before he started to talk; presumably the demons who speak through him

So much nonsense in there, but hey-ho it's the Grauniad.

I mean -

"...then immediately contradicting yourself: “This country has always welcomed migrants … but we’re full up.”"

- that's not contradiction, that's cause and effect; a concept which the thicko-Left haven't even begun to grasp.

Or how about -

"Osborne wants to “fix the roof while the sun is shining”. It’s like he has never even visited Britain. When the sun shines in Britain, that’s when we stop working. When the sun is shining in Britain, no one is fixing a roof..."

Er, yes, exactly - that's the problem! Britain has for too long (arguably for more than half a century, if not longer) not taken a long-term, pragmatic, thoughtful approach to national infrastructure, finances, etc. Again, not something that the luvvies at the Grauniad could see as a problem, let alone something they'd know how to solve.
    Firstly, Frankie Boyle is not a 'luvvie' by any stretch of the imagination, but a hard edged, cynical Scot. Second, it was not an article intended to be responded to with a CCHQ press release!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

I'm all for him consuming many many more
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yes but Cornish Blue you have to take the thumps that satire throws at you. The quips about Corbyn can be made to stick. Osborne too is not the glossy performer. But trying to pin the Tories (and Cameron) over a bogus anti equality agenda, when it's pushed gay rights the way it has, is just poking fun at itself.

No. Every govt is open to satire, every leader every party. They have to live with it.
  • Options
    CornishBlueCornishBlue Posts: 840
    edited October 2015

Yes but Cornish Blue you have to take the thumps that satire throws at you. The quips about Corbyn can be made to stick. Osborne too is not the glossy performer. But trying to pin the Tories (and Cameron) over a bogus anti equality agenda, when it's pushed gay rights the way it has, is just poking fun at itself.

No. Every govt is open to satire, every leader every party. They have to live with it.

Is it satire though? You'd think it was, but I suspect it's not tongue-in-cheek... certainly the sort of thing many bigoted Tory-hating readers will just take at face value.
  • Options

Is it satire though? You'd think it was, but I suspect it's not tongue-in-cheek... certainly the sort of thing many bigoted Tory-hating readers will just take at face value.
    I enjoyed both his Labour and Tory comments, but it does require a degree of distance.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

I am sure Osborne can arrange a few surprise deliveries
  • Options

The best satirists can be funny but still be grossly misunderstanding of their subject. Going right back to the beginning you can take The Virtuoso by Shadwell. It was immensely popular and had a grain of truth, but it totally misrepresented the early scientists of the Royal Society. However the phrase named after its leading character has passed down the centuries .... Gimcrack.
    I believe the trick is to be bigger than the satire and not allow yourself to be diminished by it.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

From what I remember of motorway services, most food is a surprise
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,290
    Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

Pause.

I don't know, but when it talks you'd better listen ;)
    Boom, boom..:-)
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Fuck Ben Carson

If someone is desperate it might be.

There is a lot of aggression around it it true. Even roadsigns today are getting more aggressive. I saw one the other day that said 'pick your own strawberries'
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Many in the party think Corbyn won’t last the full term, especially if we have a couple of cold winters.'
    Yes, I think in the case of British motorway services it is a surprise if it is edible, let alone any good (one area the French are better at)
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Fuck Ben Carson

If someone is desperate it might be.

There is a lot of aggression around it it true. Even roadsigns today are getting more aggressive. I saw one the other day that said 'pick your own strawberries'
    There are several in New York city that say "Don't even THINK about parking here"
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Many in the party think Corbyn won’t last the full term, especially if we have a couple of cold winters.'
    Yes, I think in the case of British motorway services it is a surprise if it is edible, let alone any good (one area the French are better at)
    Not all the time. My most recent trips through France have seen some very, very dull motorway services - prepackaged sarnies are seemingly the norm now
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Not all the time. My most recent trips through France have seen some very, very dull motorway services - prepackaged sarnies are seemingly the norm now
    One of the things I like about US highways is they don't have 'services' on the road itself -all restaurants. gas stations etc are at exits.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

I was in France in the summer and while there were prepackaged sarnies available most had a reasonable choice of meat and vegetables and rice and other hot meals available
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,944
    There s a clear pattern in Watson's behaviour - fearless in pursuit of Tories /Murdoch curiously circumspect when it comes to Labour /MGN:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3267099/Devastating-questions-Labour-s-smearmonger-answer-not-does-brand-TORIES-child-sex-abusers.html
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    Or how one of England's leading poltical sites (this one) reported the latest Scottish opinion poll with the SNP leading by 33 per cent and the Liberals on low single figures - no mention at all!
  • Options
    scotslass said:

Or how one of England's leading poltical sites (this one) reported the latest Scottish opinion poll with the SNP leading by 33 per cent and the Liberals on low single figures - no mention at all!

'News' shifts betting.

Is that 'news'?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,350

That is not my policy. I would suggest you think about that a little more. But in fact, your reaction to the Syrian Observatory blog fpt shows exactly the sort of behaviour you accuse me of above.

"ideos that couldn't have been faked without Steven Spielberg and double the cast of Ben Hur."

Two things to say about that: context and source. As she was not in Syria, she must have got them from somewhere. And how can she be sure that she is showing them in the correct context? How can you be sure?

http://friendsofsyria.info/index.php/support-in-syria/

You can have another look for yourself if you like. What context do you mean? These aren't people? It isn't a rally? It isn't Damascus? The pictures they are waving are just someone who looks like Assad? Do some googling - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pro+assad+rallies&biw=1366&bih=659&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB8QsARqFQoTCK6u_oGftsgCFQO9FAodn3YODQ#

We just don't see these things.

If they were images of an opposition rally in the 'establishment' MSM, you'd be trying to pick them apart. So go on: when were they taken? What was the rally about? Does turning out to such a rally in a dictatorial state actually indicate everyone (or even the majority) turning out supports the rally, etc, etc? How many people do the images actually show?

You are wise to read widely. Where you are falling down is your seeming automatic assumption that anything in the 'establishment' MSM (*) that does not support your view is inherently biased, yet any ill-written blog post that you pick out of the Internet's nose has to be accurate if it backs what you think.

Just look at you reaction to Syrian Observatory, which you mention every time someone mentions that blog.

(*) A category which in your view seems to include anyone who publishes anything you disagree with.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Question time ... Last question thrown out to the audience

Young lady answered

" I am 18 years old, at the Conservative party conference, I was called vermin, Tory scum, a peadophile and a child murder" Her precise words not mine. I guess this is what the Labour Party leadership and their supporters call direct action.

Anyone absolutely ANYONE but Labour. I Remain as I have always been on this site ABL.
  • Options
    To. Follow that up.... Can you just imagine the uproar, outrage and venom from the Labour Party (and BBC) towards the Tories had this been a Labour Party member..

Well can you?
  • Options
    Reread and correction but beyond 6 mins

To. Follow that up.... Can you just imagine the uproar, outrage and venom from the Labour Party (and BBC) would have thrown towards the Tories had this been a Tory doing the same thing and abusing Labour Party member in a similar situation at Brighton??? Front page news at 10 and most certainly a Panorama special on infiltration or similar suitably bias towardsCorby

Nailed on !,c
  • Options
    Charles Moore takes no prisoners:

Since Lord Brittan is now dead and the case is crumbling, Mr Watson has no right any longer to hide behind the police. He either has to tell the world why he thinks as he does and prove his point; or, if he no longer believes his “witnesses”, he should admit his error. Then he should accept that he abused his position to repeat, without good cause, some of the most disgusting things that can ever be said about anyone. Then he should admit that he is unfit to hold public office.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11923196/Tom-Watson-must-prove-his-point-or-admit-he-is-unfit-for-public-office.html
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited October 2015
    Maybe big Tom can throw his energy into seeing that Lord Janner stands trial, or gets the police to investigate the rumours about an alleged paedophile sitting on the Labour benches. The victims of Mirror Group phone hacking could do with some support. I suspect all fairy tales to big Tom.

If none of that appeals to him then he needs to ask himself some serious questions as he sees his credibility vanish along with any respect or goodwill he may have remaining in the publics bank.

He could learn to apologise, some humility would be good, or just may be he can come out all guns blazing and tell us it is all an establishment cover up.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Moses_ said:

Reread and correction but beyond 6 mins

To. Follow that up.... Can you just imagine the uproar, outrage and venom from the Labour Party (and BBC) would have thrown towards the Tories had this been a Tory doing the same thing and abusing Labour Party member in a similar situation at Brighton??? Front page news at 10 and most certainly a Panorama special on infiltration or similar suitably bias towardsCorby

Nailed on !,c

I can imagine it would be much the same, though the general bias of the media is favourable to the right.