Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn price getting weaker – Burnham price hardening on Be

2»

Comments

• Fantasy football league? PB struck me as a place full of cricket, rather than football fans.

it is possible to be both - I have experienced many gloomy days on here over winter months with england getting stuffed in the wee small hours and then spurs following suit later in the day.

On occasion one or two kindly posters have even posted their concern as to my well being on such bleak days.... which do seem to come round rather too often!!!
    It must be hard being a Spurs supporter.

It's a great day to be an Arsenal supporter though - especially when you get one over Mourinho :grin:
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Fantasy football league? PB struck me as a place full of cricket, rather than football fans.

it is possible to be both - I have experienced many gloomy days on here over winter months with england getting stuffed in the wee small hours and then spurs following suit later in the day.

On occasion one or two kindly posters have even posted their concern as to my well being on such bleak days.... which do seem to come round rather too often!!!
    I am in too
  • Fantasy football league? PB struck me as a place full of cricket, rather than football fans.

Spurs are on the up
  • I've joined the league

Welcome one and all ... The good news is you currently can't place any worse than Liverpool's 2014/15 position....

Let the banter commence in a few days - probably on that site rather than here for the sanity of others on PB and assuming anyone knows how it works on there to do so cos I don't yet.

A reminder for anyone fancying this. It's also possible to anonymous if you wish by choosing first and second names as I have done 'scrap' and 'heap'...

I've grabbed the bull by the horns and set up a league on the free fantasy league game from the premier league.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The code to join this private league is 1336513-316355

Oooooh
    I was on about this earlier!

So long as I finish above Scrapheap, that's all I care about.
    Unlikely....
    Yeah, I'm going to be the Bobby Sol to your Sergei Rebrov
    1. I'll be the Lambert/Benteke to your Mario/Borini.

2. I can unscrupulously and immorally red card you if you are beating me as I've the admin rights....
    Benteke scored an awesome goal today.

Bargain at 32.5million
    So he has used up one of his five for the season already??
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,442
    edited August 2015

Fantasy football league? PB struck me as a place full of cricket, rather than football fans.

You're right TA.

I hate football.

That's why I support Norwich (tm).

Spurs are on the up
    If you believe that, you'll believe anything!
  • I've joined the league

Welcome one and all ... The good news is you currently can't place any worse than Liverpool's 2014/15 position....

Let the banter commence in a few days - probably on that site rather than here for the sanity of others on PB and assuming anyone knows how it works on there to do so cos I don't yet.
    Oh dear, now you can......

I might even put up some prize money if Yvette wins or I cash in my annuity shares finally.

Spurs are on the up
    Is a long standing joke.

One of PB's football experts said Spurs are on the up.

Within 36 hours, Spurs had lost 5 nil at home to Liverpool and the Spurs manager was sacked.

You're right TA.

I hate football.

That's why I support Norwich (tm).
    Welcome Ed B....
  • @TheWhiteRabbit

Norwich - all I know about them is that Delia Smith is a fan!

@TheScreamingEagles

I remember that game - the manager was Andre Villas Boas. Once I saw Levy's face after that game, I knew he was a goner.

Still, Liverpool lost 6-1 on the final day.

That's arguably worse!
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,367
    edited August 2015

I've joined the league

I might even put up some prize money if Yvette wins or I cash in my annuity shares finally.
    I'll put up a bottle of champagne to the winner and to choose the artist/band whose song titles I will subtly put into a future thread header.

Spurs are on the up
    Is a long standing joke.

One of PB's football experts said Spurs are on the up.

Within 36 hours, Spurs had lost 5 nil at home to Liverpool and the Spurs manager was sacked.
    Indeed.

This sad turn of events could relate to pretty much any football season in the last decade....
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 120,871
    edited August 2015
    JohnLoony said:

HYUFD said:

Corbyn will certainly win the first round, if he is going to be beaten it will be by about 51%-49% in the final round in a rerun of the 1981 victory of Dennis Healey over Tony Benn for the Deputy Leadership by the narrowest of margins which Healey won 50.4% to Benn's 49.6%

If Corbyn wins the first round, it will be physically impossible for him to be beaten by 51-49 in the final round, because there will be no further rounds beyond the first round. The first round would, by definition, be the final round. It would only be possible for Corbyn to be beaten 51-49 in the final round if nobody wins the first round.
    OK, I shall rephrase 'Corbyn will certainly get the most votes in the first round...' Night!

I've joined the league

I'll put up a bottle of champagne to the winner and to choose the artist/band whose song titles I will subtly put into a future thread header.
    Are we having Enola Gay on thursday?
  • TSE = DMd you.
  • TSE = DMd you.

Replied

Football and Tennis are my favourites. Test Cricket and Golf probably my least :)
  • Blairite Messenger: Choose your next words carefully, Mr. Corbyn. They may be your last as Labour Leader.

Jeremy Corbyn: [to himself: thinking] "Earth and water"?
    [Corbyn unsheathes and points his sword at the Blairite Messenger's throat]

Blairite Messenger: Madman! You're a madman!

Jeremy Corbyn: Earth and water? You'll find plenty of both down there.

Blairite Messenger: No man, Blairite or Marxist, no man threatens a messenger!

Jeremy Corbyn: You bring the ashes and ruins of conquered Trades Unions to Islington's city steps. You insult my wife. You threaten my Party with slavery and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Bankster. Perhaps you should have done the same!

Blairite Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Jeremy Corbyn: Madness...? This is LABOUR!
    [kicks the Blairite Messenger down the well]
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,541

Football and Tennis are my favourites. Test Cricket and Golf probably my least :)
    You should really get your Tebbit chip checked out, well past it's service date by now!
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,541

TSE = DMd you.

Love the avatar. Chortle!

Yep, it's the same for me.

I HATE Golf with a passion. I'd rather watch an F1 race than endure golf.
  • RobD said:

You should really get your Tebbit chip checked out, well past it's service date by now!
    I think it's because there's a bug in my Tebbit Chip that interprets Cricket as being a - shall we say - "Subcontinental" sport, given its popularity in that part of the world ;)

Test Cricket was invented, and is watched and played, by people with FAR too much time on their hands :lol:
  • RobD said:

TSE = DMd you.

Love the avatar. Chortle!
    I thank u

Test Cricket was invented, and is watched and played, by people with FAR too much time on their hands :lol:
    Indeed.

My whole family are cricketaholics. They have LOVED this last week or so. Although I do have to say the Aussies have seemed quite cocky previously, so I can't blame them ;)
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

Yet why is it that when I go and watch them England are crap.

A couple of Saturday's ago I was at Lords when Oz could do no wrong and England were awful.

• fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,292
    edited August 2015
    Not sure how successful this intervention from Neil Kinnock is going to be for Andy Burnham or the wider stop Corbyn campaign?

Daily Mail - Corbyn backed by 'malign Trots' warns Kinnock: Former Labour leader warns about mischief-makers as he urges members to back Andy Burnham

• YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    I always find it interesting that most Conservative supporters love parts of marxist ideology namely the NHS.
    Or it could be just pragmatism for electoral purposes, against their true believes.

It is a bit like many Labour supporters who say the believe in the monarchy, truly bizarre.
  • RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    edited August 2015
    Cancelled post