Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » At some stage the Hillary Clinton email row is going to imp

2»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,187

malcolmg said:

kle4 said:

Happy Birthday Mr England.

Since the regularly scheduled scottish arguments are starting up, I think I'll make like someone confronted/chased by a crowd/mob of heroes/idiots and slink off.

cowardy custard Tory lives up to the standard
    sod off yourself and take your kristallnacht tactics with you.
    Dear dear you really have anger management issues. Chill out and get a life, try to live beyond puberty.
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

The DOJ was so politicized by Holder that they are unlikely to investigate Hillary anything short of proof she is the devil incarnate.

For the sake of argument let's say you're right that they're politicized. The Obama team prefer Biden to Hillary, no?
    I have no idea but it seems a reasonable assumption. Biden is not running. If Hillary is weakened enough - and her numbers are going south - who knows?
    Why should not Biden be her running mate? Who otherwise might be the running mate? Given Hillary's age there will surely be interest in that. Who would balance her ticket? I'm surprised you punters have not got onto that band wagon yet.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,211
    Hillary's price may fall back a little but she will still be nominee, the email row will only be of real interest to those already voting against her.

In any case even if Biden does run there is no guarantee he is the anti Hillary candidate, Bernie Sanders is already comfortably in the runner-up spot and actually beats Biden even if he is included amongst Democrats. In last week's Quinnipiac Sanders also outpolled Biden against the GOP top tier and even beat Donald Trump with PPP. Biden would be a continuation of Obama and that is highly unlikely to win a third term. A restoration of the Clinton years remains the Democrats best shot but if Hillary does collapse do not rule out Democrats picking their own Corbyn, Sanders is saying much of what activists want to hear on inequality, higher taxes on the rich, campaign finance reform etc and pursues a far more pacifist policy abroad than Hillary
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Look.. Sat Morning is Malcolm G morning. He tries to cause arguments and elicit responses, so it can self perpetuate. Replying to him is not worth a single kdp.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,027
    F1: McLaren in danger of appearing competitive for Q3. Hmm.

Raikkonen may have a water leak. Either that, or he's spilled his vodka.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    @malcolmg

R/C Bismarcks on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HcGGIsgZs
  • Options
    calum said:

If Hilary does start to falter another interesting character to keep an eye on is Michael O'Malley, who has a track record of winning against the odds. Although he's not registering in the opinion polls he is a fearsome campaigner and with greater media exposure could come through strongly, he's 28/1 with WH to become the Democratic candidate.

He and Jim Webb and Lincoln Chafee round off the field but all 3 are essentially asterisks at the moment
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Corbyn now has over 100 CLPs nominations.

I wouldn't vote for him, but he does seem to have far far far more conviction than any of the others.
    I think Corbyn looks like he really will win. The others are floundering, he is surging.
    I still think it will be Cooper and have bet accordingly. I do wonder, though, why on earth the Labour party thought it was a good idea to allow anyone to pay £3 this summer and have a vote. I see figures floating around about 50,000 signing up to do this, many by left wing unions.
    Many are also Tories
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,079
    Martin O'Malley was governor of Maryland. When he stepped down, the Republicans won the gubernatorial election and took over Maryland. This is the US equivalent of Labour's losing Tower Hamlets. It's a sign that something went badly wrong at local level.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    dr_spyn said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Morning , nice to see this donkey getting his just desserts. Just a pity the tar and feathers were missed out.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/watch-angry-protesters-chase-scotlands-6130021

What a toss pot you are.
    A little later than usual, but at last we have the classy abuse this site is so well known (and loved) for...

Have to apologise I was busy looking for rc models of the Bismark.
    This one looks good.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner-bismark-camo.html
    That's a great site Dr Spyn. I might well be buying something from there if I can get permission :)
  • Options
    EPG said:

Martin O'Malley was governor of Maryland. When he stepped down, the Republicans won the gubernatorial election and took over Maryland. This is the US equivalent of Labour's losing Tower Hamlets. It's a sign that something went badly wrong at local level.

Not quite, Reagan and Bush Snr in 1988 won Maryland but not good for his record agreed
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    john_zims said:

@malcolmg

I guess the SNP rent-a-mob in Dumfries is a distraction from dealing with real issues in Scotland like police call out to road accidents and literacy in schools.

So protest is to be outlawed in the New Tory Reich?

Protest is one of the basic tenets of democracy. But it is understandable why a government elected to power with only 37% of the vote believe in undermining democracy.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

@malcolmg

R/C Bismarcks on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HcGGIsgZs

Thanks dr_spyn
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

dr_spyn said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Morning , nice to see this donkey getting his just desserts. Just a pity the tar and feathers were missed out.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/watch-angry-protesters-chase-scotlands-6130021

What a toss pot you are.
    A little later than usual, but at last we have the classy abuse this site is so well known (and loved) for...

Have to apologise I was busy looking for rc models of the Bismark.
    This one looks good.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner-bismark-camo.html
    That's a great site Dr Spyn. I might well be buying something from there if I can get permission :)
    Geoff, it is indeed, on that Bismark model though you can get better deal at the Graupner site in Germany, but it is a great site and very easy to spend lots of cash there for sure.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

I guess the SNP rent-a-mob in Dumfries is a distraction from dealing with real issues in Scotland like police call out to road accidents and literacy in schools.

Protest is one of the basic tenets of democracy. But it is understandable why a government elected to power with only 37% of the vote believe in undermining democracy.
    Is intimidation part of democracy? Surrounding a car and preventing it moving?

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

New Tory Reich?? Oh dear, how very sad. Just as you have the right to protest, others have the right to criticise your protests. What happened in Dumfries was ugly. This man was in his own constituency, the elected representative of that area, hounded out by a rent a mob. It's quite clear it was orchestrated and that they knew in advance that he was coming.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
  • Options

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

LOL, intimidation , so far we have not turned into big jessies like you southerners. The Tories would prefer the public to just doff their caps and keep paying for the limousines as they munch on their "cake".
  • Options

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Nothing intimidatory about it. He acts badly and against the interests of Scotland and has to face the protest this generates. If he has a problem with that, he should stop acting as a traitor to Scotland and a Quisling.
  • Options
    Bet-hunting for qualifying. I wish Ladbrokes were quicker with their top 10 market.
  • Options
    notme said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

New Tory Reich?? Oh dear, how very sad. Just as you have the right to protest, others have the right to criticise your protests. What happened in Dumfries was ugly. This man was in his own constituency, the elected representative of that area, hounded out by a rent a mob. It's quite clear it was orchestrated and that they knew in advance that he was coming.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    LOL, i she a man or a mouse, why could he not defend his policies and his two faced duplicity. If he is not fir for the job he should get out. A more useless cretin could not be found.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Shocking level of obesity in the Nat mob. The last thing these whales need is a food bank, no wonder they're upset.
    Your loving caring nature for your fellow humans always astounds me.
    The idea that we have anything even approaching food poverty in this nation is utterly absurd. There will always be (and always has been) people who fall through the cracks, either through debt, substance abuse, temporary unemployment who might need the charity of others, but that is no more than would be expected and there is no proof of it increasing, except maybe benefit sanctions.

Sanctions, which were introduced by Labour 2008 have had a profound impact on what is acceptable on the welfare state. It isnt there for you to sit around on. If you miss appointments and dont give reasons why, you get sanctioned. If you dont apply for jobs, you get sanctioned, if you dont turn up to interviews for jobs, you get sanctioned.

Sanctioning is a positive good, and something we should be singing from the rooftops. The system is there to help you, but if you take the p*ss you are on your own.

If the Nats had control of welfare, they would have them also.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    malcolmg said:

LOL, i she a man or a mouse, why could he not defend his policies and his two faced duplicity. If he is not fir for the job he should get out. A more useless cretin could not be found.

So useless that the SNP couldn't defeat him in May.

That must really hurt!!!
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,554

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

The DOJ was so politicized by Holder that they are unlikely to investigate Hillary anything short of proof she is the devil incarnate.

For the sake of argument let's say you're right that they're politicized. The Obama team prefer Biden to Hillary, no?
    I have no idea but it seems a reasonable assumption. Biden is not running. If Hillary is weakened enough - and her numbers are going south - who knows?
    Why should not Biden be her running mate? Who otherwise might be the running mate? Given Hillary's age there will surely be interest in that. Who would balance her ticket? I'm surprised you punters have not got onto that band wagon yet.
    It's a bandwagon without a betting market at the moment, as far as I can tell. Not sure Biden will be 3x Veep. For a start he was there to provide some foreign policy back-up to Obama, Hillary doesn't need this as ex-sec state. Maybe someone with some economic chops? Someone who can deliver a state she is weak in.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

notme said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    You cant defend a policy in front of a mob. Thats what mobs are for, to intimidate. He convinced his electorate he was right, and thats all that matters.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Happy birthday Nigel.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Surely he must have some unusual syndrome that causes him to endorse fruitcakes? Trump and Kim Il Jong?
    HYUFD said:
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Nothing intimidatory about it. He acts badly and against the interests of Scotland and has to face the protest this generates. If he has a problem with that, he should stop acting as a traitor to Scotland and a Quisling.
    But arent the 52% of the voters in the referendum considered traitors to you? You wonder why your language might be considered ugly? again.
  • Options
    notme said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Shocking level of obesity in the Nat mob. The last thing these whales need is a food bank, no wonder they're upset.
    Your loving caring nature for your fellow humans always astounds me.
    The idea that we have anything even approaching food poverty in this nation is utterly absurd. There will always be (and always has been) people who fall through the cracks, either through debt, substance abuse, temporary unemployment who might need the charity of others, but that is no more than would be expected and there is no proof of it increasing, except maybe benefit sanctions.

Sanctions, which were introduced by Labour 2008 have had a profound impact on what is acceptable on the welfare state. It isnt there for you to sit around on. If you miss appointments and dont give reasons why, you get sanctioned. If you dont apply for jobs, you get sanctioned, if you dont turn up to interviews for jobs, you get sanctioned.

Sanctioning is a positive good, and something we should be singing from the rooftops. The system is there to help you, but if you take the p*ss you are on your own.

If the Nats had control of welfare, they would have them also.

Whether correct or not it does not support this cretin or his two faced behaviour. After his comments on foodbanks, he then turns up to open one but is unable to speak to the public and scurries out the back door. If these policies are so good he should be able to explain them and show that they are acceptable. The fact that a professional is unable to debate his policies with the ordinary public tells a story. This guy is a disgrace.
    Hopefully you never have bad luck and need help, looks like you would prefer the Bercow rules, Tories are good at bashing the poor yet seem free to waste inordinate amounts of the public cash on themselves.
    Come back and promote sanctions when the pigs have left the trough.
  • Options
    notme said:

malcolmg said:

notme said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    You cant defend a policy in front of a mob. Thats what mobs are for, to intimidate. He convinced his electorate he was right, and thats all that matters.
    Dear dear, what a feeble excuse, that was his electorate in front of him.
  • Options
    notme said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

But arent the 52% of the voters in the referendum considered traitors to you? You wonder why your language might be considered ugly? again.
    Voters can't particularly be blamed for falling for the very human instinct of being terrified by a deliberate propaganda campaign using lies, smears and cover-ups to create a completely delusional picture of a future that was still somewhat "truthy".

It is the propagandists and the collaborators who are to blame and who are the traitors and quislings who effected the outcome of the referendum.

Mundell and his SLAB and Liberal friends are such traitors and as the democratically illegitimate appointee of the external rulers, Mundell is the quintessential Quisling figure.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Running totals for CLP nominations for Labour leadership from N/S-Corbyn 103,Burnham 95,Cooper 86,Kendall 14.The only common conclusion of these figures in the current betting is that Liz Kendall is correctly priced as a 66-1 outsider.The figures predict that Corbyn should be favourite and that Burnham and Cooper should be joint second favourites,taking Kendall 2nd preferences into account.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Betting Post

Not one but two exciting tips:
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/hungary-pre-qualifying.html

Backed Hulkenberg for Q3 at 1.8, and No Safety Car at 1.75 (both Betfair).

Edited extra bit: and I'm off for a bit. Will return for the pre-race piece, of course.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

notme said:

malcolmg said:

notme said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    Not a single one of them would have voted for him. Do we do politics by the ballot box or by mob rule? This was unpleasant.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    When I read ABC in OGH's piece I thought of Anyone But Clinton rather than the US network. She's an out and out horror. The Democrats should ostracize this emetic individual.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

It's a bandwagon without a betting market at the moment, as far as I can tell. Not sure Biden will be 3x Veep. For a start he was there to provide some foreign policy back-up to Obama, Hillary doesn't need this as ex-sec state. Maybe someone with some economic chops? Someone who can deliver a state she is weak in.
    Indeed, she will want some distance from the Obama administration too, she will pick a Hispanic like Julian Castro
  • Options

When I read ABC in OGH's piece I thought of Anyone But Clinton rather than the US network. She's an out and out horror. The Democrats should ostracize this emetic individual.

Its the stupidity of the Republicans which is giving her a free ride.
  • Options
    Plato said:

Surely he must have some unusual syndrome that causes him to endorse fruitcakes? Trump and Kim Il Jong?

HYUFD said:
    Yes, he is obviously taking something
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    notme said:

malcolmg said:

notme said:

malcolmg said:

notme said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    Not a single one of them would have voted for him. Do we do politics by the ballot box or by mob rule? This was unpleasant.
    So he will only discuss politics with hand picked Tories that voted for him , 2/3rds of the area are unrepresented then. Sounds very Tory to be fair.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Bet you cannot find anywhere that Salmond said foodbanks were unnecessary and you will also find he spoke to the public and entered and left by the front door. He is no puppet viceroy who runs in and straight out the back door and flees at high speed, terrified to speak to the public on his policies.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Morning all.

Re: Cornwall Model Boats. If they’d been around when I was younger I’d have spent a fortune.

Diplomatic Anglo – Caledonian relations going well I see – keep up the good work Mr G :lol:
  • Options

Morning all.

Re: Cornwall Model Boats. If they’d been around when I was younger I’d have spent a fortune.

Diplomatic Anglo – Caledonian relations going well I see – keep up the good work Mr G :lol:

Morning Simon, I always aim to please.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    malcolmg said:

he spoke to the public and entered and left by the front door

Had an opposition party arranged an angry mob to harangue him?

Oh...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Scott_P said:

malcolmg said:

he spoke to the public and entered and left by the front door

Had an opposition party arranged an angry mob to harangue him?

Oh...
    LOL, what imaginary opposition party was that then. I am splitting my sides as I wonder if it was the solitary Labour donkey , the solitary lying Tory Viceroy traitor or the fat lying Liberal
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Which populous Republican leaning state?
    If Biden were asked why would he not refuse to be one heartbeat from the Presidency?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:
    Bet you cannot find anywhere that Salmond said foodbanks were unnecessary and you will also find he spoke to the public and entered and left by the front door. He is no puppet viceroy who runs in and straight out the back door and flees at high speed, terrified to speak to the public on his policies.
    It's fair to say that Alec " food expenses " Salmond is in no position to criticize anyone about free lunches, breakfasts, dinners, feasts, banquets or binges.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:
    It's fair to say that Alec " food expenses " Salmond is in no position to criticize anyone about free lunches, breakfasts, dinners, feasts, banquets or binges.
    Look south Monica , their you will see pigs with their snouts in the trough, propping up the bars , gorging on subsidised food and drink and rarely seen in the chambers. If you look at parliament TV you will see that it is mainly SNP working and the pigs only appear when ordered to vote on something that benefits them , snouts twitching as they squeak and squeal , desperate to get back to the bar.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Look south Monica , their you will see pigs with their snouts in the trough, propping up the bars , gorging on subsidised food and drink and rarely seen in the chambers.

All 56 of them...
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Any Germany experts around on here this afternoon? If so could they say where Der Spiegel sits in the political spectrum of newspapers? I have been reading the English language version for some while now and it has some every interesting articles, however I would like to place them in their political context. Thanks.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

malcolmg said:

Look south Monica , their you will see pigs with their snouts in the trough, propping up the bars , gorging on subsidised food and drink and rarely seen in the chambers.

All 56 of them...
    you see the 56 of them in the chamber Scott, unlike your hero Mundell, apart from a few brief appearances he is too busy supping the bubbly and kidding on he is the Raj. It must be hard to support such parasites.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

If Biden were asked why would he not refuse to be one heartbeat from the Presidency?
    He won't be, Hillary does not need Biden's experience unlike Obama, he is too close to the Obama administration and he is from Delaware, hardly a swing state. She will likely pick a young Hispanic like Julian Castro instead
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

you see the 56 of them in the chamber

Alex Salmond offered his new colleagues some advice in a recent interview. He said: ‘Make your voice heard, represent your constituents, and stay out the Strangers Bar’.

So far, so good. In fact, Salmond will no doubt be glad to hear that his fellow MPs have taken his advice and stayed out of the Strangers bar. Instead, they have opted to make Parliament’s sports and social bar their new base. Word reaches Steerpike that a few members of staff had their noses put out of joint last night when the lesser frequented bar was unexpectedly busy. ‘It was packed full of the SNP gang – on a Monday,’ Mr S’s mole sighs.
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/2015/05/new-snp-mps-take-drinking-advice-from-alex-salmond/
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

malcolmg said:

All 56 of them...
    you see the 56 of them in the chamber Scott, unlike your hero Mundell, apart from a few brief appearances he is too busy supping the bubbly and kidding on he is the Raj. It must be hard to support such parasites.
    Records show that SNP MPs are habitually the highest expenses claimants on party averages. This parliament will cost the public purse a pretty penny thanks to the feeble fifty-six.
  • Options
    @toadmeister: Has there ever been a better year to be a Tory? It’s like we won the Lottery and then, while we were celebrating, we won the Pools, too
  • Options
    JEOJEO Posts: 3,656

malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

malcolmg said:

All 56 of them...
    Records show that SNP MPs are habitually the highest expenses claimants on party averages. This parliament will cost the public purse a pretty penny thanks to the feeble fifty-six.
    Of course they are. They have to travel the furthest to get to Westminster.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

He won't be, Hillary does not need Biden's experience unlike Obama, he is too close to the Obama administration and he is from Delaware, hardly a swing state. She will likely pick a young Hispanic like Julian Castro instead
    Castro has not even held state level office.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

You must hate a lot of Scottish people then. Like all the ones who have left to work in that oppressive den of iniquity - England. Our TV screen sare full of them for a start. What a moron you are, get back under your stone.
  • Options
    Dair said:

notme said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

john_zims said:

@malcolmg

Voters can't particularly be blamed for falling for the very human instinct of being terrified by a deliberate propaganda campaign using lies, smears and cover-ups to create a completely delusional picture of a future that was still somewhat "truthy".

It is the propagandists and the collaborators who are to blame and who are the traitors and quislings who effected the outcome of the referendum.

Mundell and his SLAB and Liberal friends are such traitors and as the democratically illegitimate appointee of the external rulers, Mundell is the quintessential Quisling figure.
    My goodness. 'Propagandists and collaborators'. Was this sort of language used in the referendum? It would have caused me to run a mile from the nationalist cause.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,079

Any Germany experts around on here this afternoon? If so could they say where Der Spiegel sits in the political spectrum of newspapers? I have been reading the English language version for some while now and it has some every interesting articles, however I would like to place them in their political context. Thanks.

Not aligned to any party. More muckraking and sceptical of the establishment than (say) Die Zeit. In turn, the establishment thinks it goes too far in its scepticism and doesn't always get everything accurate.

It's very prominent online because so few other German media outlets are - even in German.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Interesting - but is that likely? Would he help? A heartbeat from the presidency with a 69 year old candidate? Would they not want someone who would be a plausible runner in 2020? (what a busy betting year for you all that will be)

PS
    What are the chances of Cameron being the next Chancellor of the Exchequer by 2020? Job swap?
  • Options
    Carswell comes across quite badly there. Jones is trying to have a discussion and Carswell is cutting him off, speaking over him and going off on tangents unrelated to jis questions. He won't even bother to make eye contact or act like he's listening.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    Provided they don't choose a loon, I'd say the election is the Republicans' to lose.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    EPG said:

Not aligned to any party. More muckraking and sceptical of the establishment than (say) Die Zeit. In turn, the establishment thinks it goes too far in its scepticism and doesn't always get everything accurate.

It's very prominent online because so few other German media outlets are - even in German.
    Thanks for that, most useful.

I have to say that the quality of the articles in the English language version put our own "serious" press to shame.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:
    But Salmond was not threatened with violence. Scottish Tories are peace-loving people.

• Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651

I still think it will be Cooper and have bet accordingly. I do wonder, though, why on earth the Labour party thought it was a good idea to allow anyone to pay £3 this summer and have a vote. I see figures floating around about 50,000 signing up to do this, many by left wing unions.

If we believe LenMc and Unite's 70,000 figure, there will be over 100,000 of these £3 supporters.
    You're both getting this wrong, I think. Most union voters get to vote for free iirc. The the pound voters aren't from the unions and are likely to be small fry compared to the union vote. Have heard quite a few Green and Left Unity etc types going for the the pound option.
  • Options

If we believe LenMc and Unite's 70,000 figure, there will be over 100,000 of these £3 supporters.
    You're both getting this wrong, I think. Most union voters get to vote for free iirc. The the pound voters aren't from the unions and are likely to be small fry compared to the union vote. Have heard quite a few Green and Left Unity etc types going for the the pound option.
    "Most union voters get to vote for free iirc."
    1. Only those that are already members.
    2. There are in just Unite 1million people not a Labour party member.
    3. Unite are busy getting their members to pay the £3 and join.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The obfuscation and deception out of Clinton's camp over this issue is fairly plain.

Clinton's biggest problem though is that she is Hillary Clinton. Same in 2008, same now.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,802
    Sean_F said:

Provided they don't choose a loon, I'd say the election is the Republicans' to lose.

Therein lies the problem.

There's another one in that the demographic that vote in presidential elections, but don't in congress/state/gubernatorial elections, make it much harder for a Republican to win.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    JEO said:

Carswell comes across quite badly there. Jones is trying to have a discussion and Carswell is cutting him off, speaking over him and going off on tangents unrelated to jis questions. He won't even bother to make eye contact or act like he's listening.
    I have found he can come across quite defensive at times and bordering on rude.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,335
    MP_SE said:

JEO said:

I have found he can come across quite defensive at times and bordering on rude.
    Carswell clearly regards himself as an intellectual titan, yet, having hitched himself to a ship that never sailed, has doomed himself to remain a fringe figure of negligible significance. That must affect you.
  • Options
    JEO said:

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Castro has not even held state level office.
    He is Housing Secretary in Obama's Cabinet and was Mayor of San Antonio
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Interesting - but is that likely? Would he help? A heartbeat from the presidency with a 69 year old candidate? Would they not want someone who would be a plausible runner in 2020? (what a busy betting year for you all that will be)

PS
    What are the chances of Cameron being the next Chancellor of the Exchequer by 2020? Job swap?
    Castro could run in 2020 or 2024, he is already 40