Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Another reason to justify Zac’s status as favourite

2»

Comments

• Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

welshowl said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Private tenants do - of course - already have a right to buy. Like all transactions in a free and fair society, this is based upon the principle of willing buyer, willing seller. You seem to think it works with only half the parties being willing participants. I could draw a crude analogy, but shall not.

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

The private renters will get a huge discount and it will be funded by making private landlords sell off their most expensive properties. Seems like joined up thinking to me.
    Sounds like something straight out of the Pol Pot playbook to me. Utter and total bonkers madness. Disappropriation of private property. How to collapse an economy in easy steps.
    There's plenty of appropriation of private property by the government already. For example land can be appropriated for planning purposes. The important thing is whether the appropriation is subject to appropriate compensation. Corbyn's proposal seems to be that landlords would get the full market value of the property, with the state "topping up" the payment of the tenant, using funds raised by stopping a "tax break" (actually, bog-standard tax treatment of interest payments, but hey-ho) to landlords. It's not the same as compelling the landlord to sell at sub-market value, which would stink much more of misappropriation.

I think a bigger problem with the proposal is that it would discourage landlords from taking on long-term tenants for fear of RTB being invoked, which would damage security of tenure.
    Yes the last sentence sums it up. People would head for the hills and flee the market. Honestly even the thought of these numpties implementing these kind of idiocies just makes me want to stick all my old age savings in Swiss Francs out of the reach of buggering about by the likes of Corbyn, Miliband, and Brown. They just don't seem to live on the same planet I'm having to make a living on frankly.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    edited June 2015

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Private tenants do - of course - already have a right to buy. Like all transactions in a free and fair society, this is based upon the principle of willing buyer, willing seller. You seem to think it works with only half the parties being willing participants. I could draw a crude analogy, but shall not.

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Should be "yours faithfully" as you started with actual name .. :-). ;-)
    Other way round Moses! You can't be sincere if you don't know their name, hence the faith.
    Ha... Years and years ago we were taught " faithful friend sincerely sir. " mmmm.... No doubt you are though correct.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

ITV news: sounds like tonight's Greece / EU meeting has unexpectedly hit the buffers.

Reuters

Greece and EU finance ministers hit a new impasse on Wednesday as creditors accused Athens of failing to compromise despite a looming default next week that risks bouncing it out of the euro.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Counterintuition of the day: suitably edited, I think the policy is actually a better fit for the Conservatives than Labour. I think Cameron should consider nicking it off Corbyn.

There are disadvantages of living in a society with high proportion of owner occupation. Labour markets are more flexible when renting is the norm, so home ownership can lead to higher levels of structural unemployment.

But there are advantages of living in a "property-owning democracy" too, as any Conservative knows. Something that creates conditions for more people to own their homes is a particular bonus for the Tories, since one of their longer-term threats is the decline in home ownership. People who are have the security of owning their own residence, and are empowered by that, are more likely to take on a middle-class Tory-voting mindset. Besides, the economy as a whole would be better off if incentives could be put in plce to divert a decent chunk of BTL investment to more productive causes.

I agree. Within the Corbyn craziness is the germ of a good idea. The problem though is not the buy-to-let; it is the buy-to-speculate. As Charles has pointed out in the past, many of the posh flats in his area are occupied only a few weeks a year. At least the buy-to-lets are providing homes to people.
    I'm glad you said that doc, I was wondering if by seeing the positives in the idea I might be going mad. At least I am not mad and alone.

I'd be interested to know whether the BTL ("BTS") bubble makes us more vulnerable to a housing crash than before, or whether it shields us somewhat - it certainly creates a fairly large class of people who would be utterly ruined by falls in the value of housing, particularly when they need to remortgage parts of their portfolio. On the other hand, less people own houses as a result of it, so in some sense fewer people would be directly affected. My inclination is that anything that encourages speculation must have a built-in hazard of bringing us back to earth with a bump, but I would welcome a better-informed opinion.
    A lot would depend on gearing. Once the value of a property is decreasing, the % of a mortgage shoots up. Once the asset is worth less than the mortgage there would be distress sales. Both BTL and BTS would disappear.

The price crash would free a lot of property for sale. It would scare off international "safe haven" buyers. On the other hand it would ruin a lot of individuals, possibly also a fresh banking crisis. It would also put off a lot of potential buyers!

Ending tax relief for debt interest on property (or any asset) may be a useful mechanism.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited June 2015
    eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

The private renters will get a huge discount and it will be funded by making private landlords sell off their most expensive properties. Seems like joined up thinking to me.
    As a Labour Supporter he gets my vote.

It may be an unfair policy for some but at least its a policy... and you really shouldn't have one rule for those lucky enough to qualify for a housing association or council house and another for those who don't..
    Ever wonder why Labour lost the GE?
    Note my use of the word supporter rather than voter...
    However, I'm merely ensuring that the utterly insane housing association proposals are extended to their (il)logical end point. Its actually funny watching the Tories having to implement plans they only created to be able to drop in coalition talks...
    What is utterly insane are housing associations in London sitting on properties worth £750k+ when the rebuild cost is £200k. it just needs a forceful approach to brown land and multiple skyscrapers to provide London with the housing stock that it needs. Housing Associations lack the drive to tackle it. RTB and selling off their top end properties will shake them up. But they could always wake up and take sound financial decisions and sell their top end themselves.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Other way round Moses! You can't be sincere if you don't know their name, hence the faith.
    Ha... Years and years ago we were taught " faithful friend sincerely sir. " mmmm.... No doubt you are though correct.
    Cambridge Dictionaries seems to agree with the White Rabbit, which is also the way I've always done it.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/business-english/yours

I could find any reference to "faithful friend sincerely sir" or "faithfully friend sincerely sir" on google, so I can't see that it could have been a common mnemonic. Apparently a widely-used mnemonic is ""S and S never go together" but I can't recall seeing that before, either.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,624
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

Looks like you were mistaken!

yours sincerely,

Sunil

:lol:
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Dear sir or madam

Indeed
    Yours faithfully

:-)
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    welshowl said:

welshowl said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Sounds like something straight out of the Pol Pot playbook to me. Utter and total bonkers madness. Disappropriation of private property. How to collapse an economy in easy steps.
    There's plenty of appropriation of private property by the government already. For example land can be appropriated for planning purposes. The important thing is whether the appropriation is subject to appropriate compensation. Corbyn's proposal seems to be that landlords would get the full market value of the property, with the state "topping up" the payment of the tenant, using funds raised by stopping a "tax break" (actually, bog-standard tax treatment of interest payments, but hey-ho) to landlords. It's not the same as compelling the landlord to sell at sub-market value, which would stink much more of misappropriation.

I think a bigger problem with the proposal is that it would discourage landlords from taking on long-term tenants for fear of RTB being invoked, which would damage security of tenure.
    Yes the last sentence sums it up. People would head for the hills and flee the market. Honestly even the thought of these numpties implementing these kind of idiocies just makes me want to stick all my old age savings in Swiss Francs out of the reach of buggering about by the likes of Corbyn, Miliband, and Brown. They just don't seem to live on the same planet I'm having to make a living on frankly.
    They don't live on the same planet.

As MPs they reside in a different world of expenses and allowances, subsidised bars and restaurants, travel schemes and scams to exotic places for 'research'. Not to mention an extremely generous pension scheme, flip flopping houses, and payoffs for losing seats.

Until that changes, these clowns will continue to dream up silly ideas and wreck the existences and futures of those coughing up hard earned taxes to pay for their good fortune.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Bring back "I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant" :-)
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,728
    I always sign off my letters with

Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Cambridge Dictionaries seems to agree with the White Rabbit, which is also the way I've always done it.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/business-english/yours

I could find any reference to "faithful friend sincerely sir" or "faithfully friend sincerely sir" on google, so I can't see that it could have been a common mnemonic. Apparently a widely-used mnemonic is ""S and S never go together" but I can't recall seeing that before, either.
    It was late 60's probably something dreamed up by the teacher then but it's always stuck in my mind.

There was another one I used in my profession for part of a much larger calculation this part of which had to be done in a very specific order or it simply didn't work. The letters were TVMDC.

The way we remembered it was "True virgins make dull company "
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,792

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Is that an extract from 50 Shades?
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    watford30 said:

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

They don't live on the same planet.

As MPs they reside in a different world of expenses and allowances, subsidised bars and restaurants, travel schemes and scams to exotic places for 'research'. Not to mention an extremely generous pension scheme, flip flopping houses, and payoffs for losing seats.

Until that changes, these clowns will continue to dream up silly ideas and wreck the existences and futures of those coughing up hard earned taxes to pay for their good fortune.
    I do agree. I'd stick all politicians on money purchase pension schemes at once given 15 mins of power. I suspect it would concentrate a lot of minds as to how the 75/80% outside the public sector have to think.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Channel 4 News report: 65 year old man from Pakistan pulled out of the back of a lorry in Calais.

I do hope TSE wasn't hurt...

Cheeky arse - I'm younger than you!
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

I've put in a Fifty Shades of Grey reference in the morning thread.

I think I might take it out
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

It may be an unfair policy for some but at least its a policy... and you really shouldn't have one rule for those lucky enough to qualify for a housing association or council house and another for those who don't..
    However, I'm merely ensuring that the utterly insane housing association proposals are extended to their (il)logical end point. Its actually funny watching the Tories having to implement plans they only created to be able to drop in coalition talks...
    What is utterly insane are housing associations in London sitting on properties worth £750k+ when the rebuild cost is £200k. it just needs a forceful approach to brown land and multiple skyscrapers to provide London with the housing stock that it needs. Housing Associations lack the drive to tackle it. RTB and selling off their top end properties will shake them up. But they could always wake up and take sound financial decisions and sell their top end themselves.
    Multiple skyscrapers, lovely.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2015
    Apparently Merton council counted the general election results by individual council ward and have made the results available. I thought it was illegal to do so but obviously the rules have changed recently. If they can do it, every other constituency ought to do it as well IMO. It would save an enormous number of time when the boundary changes take place. At the moment a lot of time-consuming calculations have to be made to work out how new constituencies would have voted had they existed at the previous election.

(See Martin Whelton's post on 19th June at 4:57pm):

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/mitchamandmorden/
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Haha! Thanks to Sandy and Moses too. I had a good giggle at all of those.

'Night all.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,188
    Moses_ said:

There was another one I used in my profession for part of a much larger calculation this part of which had to be done in a very specific order or it simply didn't work. The letters were TVMDC.

The 12 cranial nerves are Olfactory, Optic, Oculomotor, Trochlear, Trigeminal, Abducens, Facial, Accessory Vestibulocochlear, Glossopharyngeal, Vagus and Hypoglossal

The mnemonic is "Oh, Oh, Oh, To Touch And Feel A Virgin Girl's Vagina and Hymen"

It's funny what you remember...
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

'Night all.
    I've decided to leave it in now.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

If it's on Greece you could always just change it to "Shifty trades to repay"
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

'Night all.
    I've decided to leave it in now.
    ...said the bishop to the actress
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Moses_ said:

The 12 cranial nerves are Olfactory, Optic, Oculomotor, Trochlear, Trigeminal, Abducens, Facial, Accessory Vestibulocochlear, Glossopharyngeal, Vagus and Hypoglossal

The mnemonic is "Oh, Oh, Oh, To Touch And Feel A Virgin Girl's Vagina and Hymen"

LOL. Thought mine was good but that's just quite superb.

Night all.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

This is on domestic politics, it may make PBers reach for the mind bleach
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Above or below the mindbleach levels required for the infamous "Osborne's epic strut" Sun cover?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,127
    Danny565 said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

Above or below the mindbleach levels required for the infamous "Osborne's epic strut" Sun cover?
    Argh - Why didn't I log off before now, to avoid that image before going to be? Thanks a bunch.

NIght all
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Wolverhampton North East CLP nominates Andy and Tom
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

It's me, the man noted for his subtlety, so it won't be as bad as that Sun front page.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Channel 4 News report: 65 year old man from Pakistan pulled out of the back of a lorry in Calais.

I do hope TSE wasn't hurt...

Cheeky arse - I'm younger than you!
    Sorry - couldn't resist :)
  • Options

Gender balanced ticket - not.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Gender balanced ticket - not.
    Is it even balanced ?
  • Options

eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chicago+skyscrapers&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lS6LVZumH8nxUOz-tYgI&ved=0CPwBELAE&biw=1696&bih=809#imgrc=Il5PapYtkHFqaM%3A;PBrZXREyScq8vM;https%3A%2F%2Fniels85.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F03%2Fspire1.jpg;https%3A%2F%2Fniels85.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F03%2F20%2Fthe-new-skyscrapers-of-chicago%2F;537;363
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    viewcode said:

Moses_ said:

Or to horrify Plato: Twenty Zulus Buggered My Cat.

Which of course helps to remember the 5 branches of the Facial Nerve (as mentioned above)

Temporal, Zygomatic, Buccal, Mandibular and Cervical.

(Incidentally the Accessory nerve is number 11, but the mnoemic works if the Auditory nerve is used in place. The girl is no longer a virgin though)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Derbyshire Dales CLP nominates Corbyn
    Croydon South CLP nominates Kendall
  • Options

Do you have a running total of which CLP has nominated which candidate?
  • Options
    I think the party website will soon start to update it...at least I hope so.

Currently I am relying on those who are posted in twitter by activists. Therefore we will never know Bolsover nomination given no-body in the CLP seems to have twitter, internet or anything there.

Recap of those found so far:

Wolverhampton North East CLP: Andy Burnham
    Glasgow Anniesland: Yvette Cooper
    Glasgow Rutherglen: Andy Burnham
    Sefton Central: Andy Burnham
    Eastbourne: Andy Burnham
    Derbyshire Dales: Jeremy Corbyn
    Croydon South: Liz Kendall

• Options

Currently I am relying on those who are posted in twitter by activists. Therefore we will never know Bolsover nomination given no-body in the CLP seems to have twitter, internet or anything there.

A small sample, but Burnham vs Cooper by the look of it.
  • Options

eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/498257341863964672
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

rcs1000 said:

Dear Jeremy Corbyn,

Yours sincerely,
    Someone with a Brain

Pedants corner

Dear Moses,

yours sincerely,

Sunil

It's me, the man noted for his subtlety, so it won't be as bad as that Sun front page.
    Just can't get EUnough? :)
  • Options
    Blunkett backs Burnham
    Milburn backs Kendall.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

Looks like 4-1-1-1 to me, unless you're counting something else?
  • Options

Looks like 4-1-1-1 to me, unless you're counting something else?
    Yep. I misread it. Burnham out front. I would be reasonably happy with that.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,252
    Trump takes second place in new Fox GOP 2016 poll behind Bush
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CITFnrhUsAA_iQL.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    On topic:

Does anyone think that Zac has any attributes (other than being a Tory) that would make him a good mayor? So far as I can see he has been on an extended gap year but done nothing of consequence.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,252
    edited June 2015
    Fox GOP primary

Bush 15% (12%)
    Trump 11% (4%)
    Carson 10% (11%)
    Paul 9% (9%)
    Walker 9% (12%)
    Rubio 8% (7%)
    Huckabee 6% (6%)
    Cruz 4% (8%)
    Fiorina 3% (2%)
    Santorum 3% (2%)
    Christie 2% (5%)
    Jindal 2% (1%)
    Kasich 2% (2%)
    Perry 2% (4%)
    Graham 1% (2%)
    Pataki 1% (2%)

Fox general

Bush 43% (45%)
    Clinton 43% (44%)

Clinton 45% (47%)
    Rubio 44% (43%)

Clinton 46% (46%)
    Paul 42% (43%)

Clinton 46% (48%)
    Carson 41% (42%)

Clinton 45% (49%)
    Fiorina 39% (37%)

Clinton 47% (48%)
    Walker 41% (42%)

Clinton 48% (48%)
    Cruz 42% (43%)

Clinton 48% (46%)
    Romney 42% (46%)

Clinton 51%
    Trump 34%
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/24/fox-news-poll-bush-trump-score-post-announcement-bumps/
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    edited June 2015
    @foxinsouk

'Does anyone think that Zac has any attributes (other than being a Tory) that would make him a good mayor?'

Good Green credentials,opposition to Heathrow expansion which is very popular in London and has obviously done a great job as an MP increasing his majority by 19,000.

Have any of the other candidates got any attributes apart from Jowell who was part of the Olympic organizing committee ?
  • Options
    The "3" advert brought me here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIui-eKxAec
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,313
    HYUFD said:

Fox general

So Rubio and Fiorina are the only ones who are increasing their vote vs Hillary.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,313
    Danny565 said:

With hindsight, was it that Sun front page wot won it?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited June 2015
    Fox, absolutely. And if you think he has been on a gap year as a London MP, and then done nothing of consequence locally, you have really not been paying attention to his very clear and very vocal independent agenda. Zac Goldsmith is another real maverick MP in the mould of Douglas Carswell who has been very vocal about putting the local concerns of his constituents and voters in general above party politics since he was elected in 2010. Just look at his increased majority as a result!

Does this remind you of politicians like Boris Johnson or Ken Livingston, or does this remind you of more disciplined 'team players' within our political parties?! Interestingly, his appeal will reach out to a wider audience than his party affiliation as a Conservative as a result. Both Sadiq Khan and Tessa Jowell have come across as far more tribal 'on script' Labour politicians in the past.

Personally, I think that Labour's best bet is David Lammy, a politician and media performer who has really gained experience and improved since his early days as an MP. I thought his recent appearance on the BBC programme This Week was extremely impressive. I have to say that Liz Kendell, Stella Creasy and David Lammy are the three candidates that the Conservative party should fear if selected.

On topic:

Does anyone think that Zac has any attributes (other than being a Tory) that would make him a good mayor? So far as I can see he has been on an extended gap year but done nothing of consequence.

• Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited June 2015

HYUFD said:

Fox general

So Rubio and Fiorina are the only ones who are increasing their vote vs Hillary.
    Ha! Don't think you can call a trend from 2 data points, particularly when they fall within the margin of error.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

One of my favourite 1990s songs. Those tracks by the KLF from the early 90s like 3AM Eternal, Last Train to Transcentral, Justified and Ancient and What Time Is Love? are pretty good as well IMO. They seem to have been slightly forgotten these days.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Another interesting track from 1994, The Grid with Swamp Thing, (video featuring state of the art computer graphics):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvvLuomw0Y
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited June 2015
    One of my favourite 1990's songs too, I was a big fan of East 17 and KLF too. House of love was another great tune too. Justified and Ancient is another all time favourite of mine as well, and one that is now a standing joke in our house as I always play it full blast on my birthday these days!! :)
    AndyJS said:

One of my favourite 1990s songs. Those tracks by the KLF from the early 90s like 3AM Eternal, Last Train to Transcentral, Justified and Ancient and What Time Is Love? are pretty good as well IMO. They seem to have been slightly forgotten these days.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    fitalass said:

One of my favourite 1990's songs too, I was a big fan of East 17 and KLF too. House of love was another great tune too. Justified and Ancient is another all time favourite of mine as well, and one that is now a standing joke in our house as I always play it full blast on my birthday these days!! :)

AndyJS said:

Fascinating fellow, Bill Drummond

http://www.penkilnburn.com/
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,241

fitalass said:

AndyJS said:

Fascinating fellow, Bill Drummond

http://www.penkilnburn.com/
    His book '45' is worth a read. 'The 17' less so.