Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ComRes phone poll sees Labour up 3 and UKIP down 3

SystemSystem Posts: 11,693
edited March 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ComRes phone poll sees Labour up 3 and UKIP down 3

This represents the highest combined two-party vote share since September 2013. Individually, it is Labour’s highest share for six months and the Conservatives’ highest since November 2012.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Yup, twitter ages ago..........
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    2nd
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    Seriously? What is the statistical likelihood of so many ties?!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    edited March 2015
    Looks like Scotland has rumbled Wee Mili winkie. Labour with a higher VI in England over Scotland right now, you'd have got good odds on that a while back...
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    It looks as if the Tories are going to walk this election. As people become more focused on the options available to them then logically they are going to vote Conservative.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Brace yourselves, Farage/Bennett crossover is coming
  • Options
    Kipper yellow cross back soon....

Last pmqs ever ed vs Dave today?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,526
    edited March 2015

Yes it is the last PMQs of this parliament.

But they could still be there after the election, until one of them is replaced.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited March 2015
    Won't miss that one then. We are finally getting close then. Thank god. Got the Fri booked off ready for ge all nighter.
  • Options
    Any voter who is yet to decide their vote because it will be based on a manifesto is assuming single-party majority government, and ought to be paying more attention!
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    will it be the blue or red team to break away with a lead, when will this stalemate end?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130
    Gotta worry UKIP that they have launched their economic policy - and they head south....
  • Options

But they could still be there after the election, until one of them is replaced.
    Harriet surely will have pounced already.
  • Options
    TSE - can we have the smiling Daves and Eds back for the short campaign?
  • Options
    When is don reappearing?
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    edited March 2015
    SeanT said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

I greet the news of Clarkson's sacking with contradictory emotions. He insulted a producer for 30 minutes, called him a "lazy Irish c**t", then punched him, so of course he was going to be deservedly sacked. But I was hoping that some compromise could be found. Who knows: maybe it still will...

Anyhoo, not what I came here to say. My question is "what are the boundaries?". BBC owns the rights to Top Gear, so if, say, Sky transmit a program called "New Gear" in which they review cars and have race challenges, then BBC can sue and would win. If they transmitted a program called "Clarkson, May and Hammond" in which they cook meals and have challenges not involving cars, then BBC may see but would lose. So my question is: what is the boundary? How different from Top Gear does the program have to be for it to not fall within BBC's rights

If you simply build on "Three middle aged guys cocking about -ambitious but rubbish" you are safe.

If you have 3 guys sitting on chairs on a dais saying "Time for the news", or have a "Big star - small car" segment, or deliver challenges in gold envelopes, you could be in trouble.
    Yes, that's my reading as well

Yes, because delivering challenges in Gold Envelopes is copyrighted.

FFS.

Stop being moderateds.

It is quite possible that Top Gear as we know it will end with Clarkson, on the BBC, AND elsewhere, but the idea this will happen because taking a car show to another channel somehow infringes copyright - e.g. opening yellow envelopes! - is just retarded.

I know you can own the intellectual property of a format - Top Gear, Big Brother, Simon Cowell stuff for example - but I don't pretend to know how you define a 'format'. They are essentially franchises.

It shouldn't take long for the three Top Gear folks to reappear in a car based show, presuming they stay together, which Top Gear fans will love.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited March 2015
    Watching the polls, and since we are talking TV and movies, this GE campaign so far can be made with a similar title for the Tory party as this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1_w1VF_1Q

Goodnight.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,526
    edited March 2015
    kjohnw said:

Mike and I have discussed this, keep your eyes peeled.

Mike has banned me from using this picture of Ed for the smiling Eds

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9409370.ece/binary/original/v3-miliband-selwynv2.jpg
  • Options

kjohnw said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9409370.ece/binary/original/v3-miliband-selwynv2.jpg
    lol
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

kjohnw said:

lol
    My argument of "but it made me and others smile" cut no ice.
  • Options

kjohnw said:

I love that Al Campbell was bitching about the frivolity of the media focussing on THAT photo....giving HufPo the perfect excuse to illustrate his article with THAT photo....
  • Options
    edited March 2015

kjohnw said:

kjohnw said:

lol
    My argument of "but it made me and others smile" cut no ice.
    maybe you should just put a smiling alex salmond for stalemate ;)
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,898
    Tim_B said:

SeanT said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

I greet the news of Clarkson's sacking with contradictory emotions. He insulted a producer for 30 minutes, called him a "lazy Irish c**t", then punched him, so of course he was going to be deservedly sacked. But I was hoping that some compromise could be found. Who knows: maybe it still will...

Anyhoo, not what I came here to say. My question is "what are the boundaries?". BBC owns the rights to Top Gear, so if, say, Sky transmit a program called "New Gear" in which they review cars and have race challenges, then BBC can sue and would win. If they transmitted a program called "Clarkson, May and Hammond" in which they cook meals and have challenges not involving cars, then BBC may see but would lose. So my question is: what is the boundary? How different from Top Gear does the program have to be for it to not fall within BBC's rights

If you simply build on "Three middle aged guys cocking about -ambitious but rubbish" you are safe.

If you have 3 guys sitting on chairs on a dais saying "Time for the news", or have a "Big star - small car" segment, or deliver challenges in gold envelopes, you could be in trouble.

FFS.

Stop being moderateds.

It is quite possible that Top Gear as we know it will end with Clarkson, on the BBC, AND elsewhere, but the idea this will happen because taking a car show to another channel somehow infringes copyright - e.g. opening yellow envelopes! - is just retarded.

I know you can own the intellectual property of a format - Top Gear, Big Brother, Simon Cowell stuff for example - but I don't pretend to know how you define a 'format'. They are essentially franchises.

It shouldn't take long for the three Top Gear folks to reappear in a car based show, presuming they stay together, which Top Gear fans will love.
    Which brings me back to my original question: where is the boundary...

...And we've looped...:-)

• Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

I think Gordon has set a precedent that if a leader doesn't win the election, he resigns the party leadership immediately.

So if Labour lose then Hattie will take over the leadership again until the new permanent leader is elected. Don't know who it would be for the Tories in that scenario.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

SeanT said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

FFS.

Stop being moderateds.

Which brings me back to my original question: where is the boundary...

...And we've looped...:-)

Yes, I have to admit that you have run rings round me logically on this one :)
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

I think Gordon has set a precedent that if a leader doesn't win the election, he resigns the party leadership immediately.

So if Labour lose then Hattie will take over the leadership again until the new permanent leader is elected. Don't know who it would be for the Tories in that scenario.
    There is no elected Tory Deputy.

I suspect Cameron will do what John Major and others before him did.

Act as Leader of the Opposition until a new Tory leader is elected.
  • Options
    Gordon Brown can do whatever he likes, but it's hard to argue that an election loser has any constitutional, moral or popular right to set a precedent for anyone else to follow.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Danny565 said:

John Major resigned the day after the 1997 election.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    edited March 2015

kjohnw said:

this is the best one for Dave, I reckon.

http://www.tvscoop.tv/wp-content/gallery/kids-tv-shows/captain-pugwash-pic-pa-147180168.jpg
  • Options

Danny565 said:

John Major resigned the day after the 1997 election.
    But he still fulfilled the role of Leader of the Opposition until a new leader was elected.

Unlike Brown he asked his successor questions at PMQs as Leader of the Opposition
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,783
    The Mighty Eck has spoken:

Alex Salmond: I would bring down any Tory minority government

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/alex-salmond-i-would-bring-down-any-tory-minority-government
  • Options
    What constitutes "an election loser"? Possible both Ed and Cameron are down on seats....
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    edited March 2015

What constitutes "an election loser"? Possible both Ed and Cameron are down on seats....

The one who can't command the confidence of the house and form a government I'd guess. Could be Call me Dave, could be Wee Mili Winkie ;)
  • Options
    Whatever about the outcome of 2015, a person who enters a campaign Prime Minister and exits it as backbench chrysalis waiting to erupt into elder statesman is certainly an election loser.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Are Cameron or Miliband really going to want to hang around and take another couple of months of being taunted as a "loser" and getting mocked by the press?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,783
    Danny565 said:

Are Cameron or Miliband really going to want to hang around and take another couple of months of being taunted as a "loser" and getting mocked by the press?

Its the person who is in power who is in for a torrid time - I doubt the press will devote much, if any time to the 'loser' - the interest will be focussed on the PM and the loser's potential successors.....
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,361
    ComRes tables.... must have ComRes tables :)
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    The internet is going to be unbearable with mewling Kippers once their manifesto hits and 10% seems like paradise.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Oh how wonderful. @ScoBigVoice twitter campaign unmasked as Tory front after getting followed by half the big names in Scottish Labour

https://twitter.com/jools_organic/status/580528772039983106/photo/1
  • Options
    He is still my idol, the best ever to play the game, and All Class. A well deserved honor.

- and I've met him!

Among those present at the ceremony today, Arnold Palmer. Another Class Guy.

I've met him too.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/03/24/jack-nicklaus-gets-congressional-medal-of-honor.html
This discussion has been closed.