Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Yesterday’s interviews could prove to have been Alex Salmon

Comments

• Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Scott_P said:

@singersz: Miliband asked if he will rule out confidence and supply deal with SNP. He says: "You don't blow the whistle before the end of the game."

So thats a 'if it gets me into number 10....hell yes' then.
  • Options

The data also shows that Ed Miliband is more unpopular than David Cameron in Scotland. The prime minister’s net personal rating is -33, while the Labour leader’s is -39.

That's just because the Scotch are bigots though, surely. Cameron is a Scotch name = good whereas Miliband isn't = bad. As we have seen here with the comedy posts of malcolm and the late lamented Stewart Dixon and Michael Pork, many nats are just deeply thick and delusional.

Pork is probably still lying pissed in a shop doorway somewhere in Hackney thinking he won.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856
    Salmond claims SNP would hold power over a minority Labour government

I mean who would believe that filthy, disgusting, appeasing right wing rag?

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/salmond-claims-snp-would-hold-power-over-a-minority-labour-government.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,221
    Indigo said:

Ashya King:

It's amazing that some people on here think a child can go missing from hospital and the police and authorities not get involved.

They're often the same sort of people who expect the police and authorities to get highly involved in child welfare in other areas that are of rather obsessive interest to them.

(That is not excusing the later arrest warrant; but the parents did deliberately remove the child without telling the hospital, and made it very hard to be contacted by switching off their mobiles. What do people expect the hospital and police to do?)

The parents have no obligation to justify themselves to the hospital in any shape or form, the child was not admitted with any suspected abuse, and there was no evidence to suggest the parents had anything other than the child'd best interests at heart. It is in all respects the nanny state gone mad. We arrest and harass loving parents trying to obtain the best treatment for their children when told by the NHS that the treatment would do no good (when clearly they had advise to the contrary), and yet we ignore hundreds of children being raped and abused in the northern and midland cities - not sure our priorities are quite right here.
    That's not the way I read the situation. AFAICR, the child was being treated in hospital and the parents asked to be able to take him around the grounds. He did not return, and the parents were uncontactable.

For instance: might there have been a medical incident, and the child was ill on the grounds? What happens if they had taken him out and there had been a car crash?

After the initial search of the grounds, should the hospital have just ignored it? Or would it be best to try to find them?

Again, I am not defending what happened later; just that the hospital did the correct thing in contacting the police, and the police did the right thing in trying to find the family. But once that happens, and international borders are involved, the situation can easily escalate, just as it did.

(BTW, although it should not need saying, I'm very glad that the child appears to be well).
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

The data also shows that Ed Miliband is more unpopular than David Cameron in Scotland. The prime minister’s net personal rating is -33, while the Labour leader’s is -39.

Further analysis for the Guardian suggests that the dire headline figures could be an underestimate of the catastrophe confronting Scottish Labour.

ICM used postcodes to place its 1,002 respondents into individual seats, which were then lumped into four categories – including “Labour heartland” (where the 2010 lead over the SNP exceeded 25 points) and “more marginal Labour”.

Prof John Curtice, of Strathclyde University, Scotland’s pre-eminent psephologist, calculated the post-2010 swing in each class of constituency, and concluded that Scottish Labour could be wiped out in all but two seats.

It is ironic that Scottish Labour MPs have been among those most opposed to PR. Looks like they are going to pay the price, big time.

Another irony of this election, the Lib Dems are going to be saved by FPTP, but they would have got mullered under AV.

PR to save the Union.

It looks like after the next GE it will only be the Tories that oppose it.

Is Miliband in favour of PR? Could he rally his party behind it?
    Indeed, Is ther any proof what-so-ever that labour (on a whole) want PR. FPTP still works very very well for them.

Labour would be the big loser without FPTP, they are the only party which can get a majority on 35/sub 35% of the vote.

The biggest winner would be UKIP, as they would easily become king-makers.
    Ed M has rule out changing the voting system (for MPs):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ed-miliband-no-change-voting-5259855

But, I believe I have read in the past that he personally supports PR.

Note thought that this leaves the door open for PR for local elections in a deal with LibDems.
    The LDs also need to sort out the Euro system which left them with just 1 seat. It needs changing to Sainte-Lague, or to a tiered system, or to biproportional representation, preferably open list...
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,079
    Ukip commit to 2% defence spending... And there's an interesting emphasis on the public spending cuts

'The money will be found by cutting the overseas aid budget by £9 billion, leaving the European Union, scrapping the High Speed 2 rail project and cutting Scottish public spending.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11489399/Ukip-puts-pressure-on-David-Cameron-with-defence-spending-pledge.html
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856
    More Daily Mail mischief:

Labour has been “hijacked” by a north London liberal elite and the public thinks Ed Miliband is more of a “toff” than David Cameron, according to one prominent Labour backbencher.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/exclusive-labour-mp-says-public-think-ed-miliband-aloof-and-more-toff-cameron
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

Again, I am not defending what happened later; just that the hospital did the correct thing in contacting the police, and the police did the right thing in trying to find the family. But once that happens, and international borders are involved, the situation can easily escalate, just as it did.

(BTW, although it should not need saying, I'm very glad that the child appears to be well).

The police did more than try to find the family, they filed an European Arrest Warrant, one of those powers we agreed to without a vote of parliament and side-stepping the worthless referendum lock on ceding powers to Europe.

• Options
    edited March 2015

isam said:

If Ukip are on 7% in Scotland does 9% in the uk as a whole fit?

In the commentary in the article, the 7% figure is talked of as half their level of support nationally, so it would seem that the Guardian won't hang their hat on the GB-wide scores for UKIP from ICM.
    Yes though it is just as likely to be the Scottish 7% that is too high and the uk 9% nearer the mark I guess

Can't both be right though
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464

FPT

notme said:

I think the fact that *she* could intervene is enough to make a government think twice. Its something a monarch could only get away with once, and i doubt it would happen. What would happen is that in their weekly chats, she would express her displeasure. By all accounts she is extremely intelligent and astute. No PM would be crazy enough to go to the wire with her, there would be compromise, all done entirely in private.

Thirty years ago when I was at Croydon college we had a general studies lecturer who was a liberal councillor in Kingston. We had an interesting discussion one day as to whether she could dissolve parliament to stop a perfidious government in its tracks.

He was of the opinion that she could de jure but only de facto if it was a matter of critical importance that the people - and armed forces who are hers not parliaments - would support. The example he gave was if a government attempted to repeal the representation of the people act to avoid submitting themselves for re election.

Would certainly be interesting if she went all Charles II.
    I would agree with that.

Well, almost. Thirty years ago, the better reserve power to use would be to dissolve parliament on her own initiative in that situation. One would assume that the other main parties would oppose the controversial measure and that it was a critical issue in the public's mind. If either wasn't the case, it'd be near-enough impossible to justify an extraordinary use of a reserve power but assuming both were, then it would be better put to the electorate than vetoing outright.

However, now that she doesn't have that power any more, the veto would be the only option.
    Didn't realise she had lost that power. Which PM did that to her?
    It's a consequence of the Fixed Term Parliaments Act, so the current one.

That said, if she had the army and people on her side she could regain it pretty sharpish.

De facto, yes. If she had the army and people on her side, she'd still be better off vetoing the bill but doing so would likely lead to an immediate election one way or another as it'd be extremely difficult for a government not to resign after such an action, either in a direct challenge to the crown or in protest at its action.
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    isam said:

Michael Heaver (@Michael_Heaver)
    23/03/2015 09:22
    Roma gipsy girls as young as 12 are being ‘forced to live in arranged marriages in scandal-hit Rotherham’ dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2…

I have my doubts about that. Roma are generally Catholic or Orthodox and would need a priedt to perform the ceremony.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    I'd be amazed if UKIP got half the votes the Tories did in Scotland.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

The police did more than try to find the family, they filed an European Arrest Warrant, one of those powers we agreed to without a vote of parliament and side-stepping the worthless referendum lock on ceding powers to Europe.

The parents were prevented from sitting in a ward with their child in a foreign hospital by the police
  • Options
    Does ICM have the data tables for this poll ?
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    edited March 2015

Indigo said:

Ashya King:

It's amazing that some people on here think a child can go missing from hospital and the police and authorities not get involved.

They're often the same sort of people who expect the police and authorities to get highly involved in child welfare in other areas that are of rather obsessive interest to them.

(That is not excusing the later arrest warrant; but the parents did deliberately remove the child without telling the hospital, and made it very hard to be contacted by switching off their mobiles. What do people expect the hospital and police to do?)

The parents have no obligation to justify themselves to the hospital in any shape or form, the child was not admitted with any suspected abuse, and there was no evidence to suggest the parents had anything other than the child'd best interests at heart. It is in all respects the nanny state gone mad. We arrest and harass loving parents trying to obtain the best treatment for their children when told by the NHS that the treatment would do no good (when clearly they had advise to the contrary), and yet we ignore hundreds of children being raped and abused in the northern and midland cities - not sure our priorities are quite right here.
    That's not the way I read the situation. AFAICR, the child was being treated in hospital and the parents asked to be able to take him around the grounds. He did not return, and the parents were uncontactable.

For instance: might there have been a medical incident, and the child was ill on the grounds? What happens if they had taken him out and there had been a car crash?

After the initial search of the grounds, should the hospital have just ignored it? Or would it be best to try to find them?

JJ - if that had been your child and the hospital could not provide possible better treatment - would you have let your child die in that hospital or searched the world for that possible better treatment that gave a hope of a cure and actively followed up that hope.?
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,071
    Salmond should be taken to task over his false position. Clamining to hold the balance of power whilst only being prepared to deal with one side is farcical. It's not holding the balance of power it's tipping the scales in one direction. If he wants maximum leverage he needs to be prepared to sway one way or the other but he isn't.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @iainjwatson: Has @Ed_Miliband now confirmed Ed Balls would be next Lab Chancellor? Tells Clydebank audience the two Eds not SNP will write Labour budget
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

Financier said:

From LaboutList Today:

" Speaking of tricky situations - Ed Miliband is in Scotland this morning. He'll no doubt be question on the Salmond remarks (jumped on by the right-wing press) that the SNP would try and get concessions to a Labour budget, and back Labour on a vote by vote basis. One things Salmond wants is for HS2 to start in Scotland, but using infrastructure projects as bartering chips seems like the opposite of good government. And it's worth noting - again - that the SNP worked with the Tories from 2007-2011 in the Scottish Parliament, and that between 2005 and 2010, SNP MPs voted with the Tories on 88% of Finance Bills.

I'm not saying they're Tartan Tories - but I am saying that the idea that they won't work with the Tories is fanciful. And Anthony Painter outlined an all too-plausible Tory/SNP deal this weekend. A new ICM poll this morning shows just how far Scottish Labour have fallen, with the SNP still holding a 16 point lead."

There is no chance whatsoever of the SNP propping up the Conservatives in Westminster.

- Sturgeon has explicitly ruled it out.
    - It would in a stroke alienate all the culturally anti-Tory voters they've just picked up from Labour.
    - It would run counter to all their current policy direction.
    - They'd take a load of flack for the austerity measures (they'd get this to an extent from propping up Labour but nothing like as much).

There is all the difference in the world between being a SNP government that does deals with the Tories and being an SNP minority party that does deals with a Tory government.
    Worth remembering that the SNP don't care about what happens in Westminster, except insofar as they can gain independence from it. Thus a Tory/SNP deal on the basis of SuperDevoMax and English Votes for English Laws is not massively less credible than a deal with a Labour Party intent on watering down the Vow.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Yes, the EAW does seem to have been utterly misapplied in this case, and it will be interesting to know how that decision was made. And I'm hardly a fan of the EAW, whilst acknowledging we do need strong police ties between the countries of Europe .

Again, I ask what you expected the police to do after the child went missing? The hospital were saying the child was seriously ill and needed a feeding tube changing regularly etcetera, and implying (I cannot recall if they actually said so) his life was in danger.

I honestly think that, whilst things may have got too far, the majority of the people involved were trying to act in the child's best interests. If only that same rigour had been used elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Salmond should be taken to task over his false position. Clamining to hold the balance of power whilst only being prepared to deal with one side is farcical. It's not holding the balance of power it's tipping the scales in one direction. If he wants maximum leverage he needs to be prepared to sway one way or the other but he isn't.

Nats can't countenance ANY deal with the Conservatives having the whip hand though, the Nats are shooting for some of the most left wing areas of the UK. You don't pick up Motherwell and Wishaw by hinting you might do a deal with the Conservatives (See the Lib Dem vote there for details)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@iainjwatson: Has @Ed_Miliband now confirmed Ed Balls would be next Lab Chancellor? Tells Clydebank audience the two Eds not SNP will write Labour budget

I'd be amazed if he wasn't (If Labour get in)
  • Options

Further analysis for the Guardian suggests that the dire headline figures could be an underestimate of the catastrophe confronting Scottish Labour.

ICM used postcodes to place its 1,002 respondents into individual seats, which were then lumped into four categories – including “Labour heartland” (where the 2010 lead over the SNP exceeded 25 points) and “more marginal Labour”.

Prof John Curtice, of Strathclyde University, Scotland’s pre-eminent psephologist, calculated the post-2010 swing in each class of constituency, and concluded that Scottish Labour could be wiped out in all but two seats.

It is ironic that Scottish Labour MPs have been among those most opposed to PR. Looks like they are going to pay the price, big time.

Another irony of this election, the Lib Dems are going to be saved by FPTP, but they would have got mullered under AV.

PR to save the Union.

Indeed, Is ther any proof what-so-ever that labour (on a whole) want PR. FPTP still works very very well for them.

Labour would be the big loser without FPTP, they are the only party which can get a majority on 35/sub 35% of the vote.

Note thought that this leaves the door open for PR for local elections in a deal with LibDems.
    Is that 'personally supports' as in the way he 'personally opposed the Iraq invasion'? He might have muttered it to himself quietly in a toilet cubicle but he didn't let it interfere with his career aspirations?
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Pulpstar said:

Nats can't countenance ANY deal with the Conservatives having the whip hand though, the Nats are shooting for some of the most left wing areas of the UK. You don't pick up Motherwell and Wishaw by hinting you might do a deal with the Conservatives (See the Lib Dem vote there for details)
    Voters heads exploding left right and centre. Well, Left anyway.
  • Options

Financier said:

From LaboutList Today:

" Speaking of tricky situations - Ed Miliband is in Scotland this morning. He'll no doubt be question on the Salmond remarks (jumped on by the right-wing press) that the SNP would try and get concessions to a Labour budget, and back Labour on a vote by vote basis. One things Salmond wants is for HS2 to start in Scotland, but using infrastructure projects as bartering chips seems like the opposite of good government. And it's worth noting - again - that the SNP worked with the Tories from 2007-2011 in the Scottish Parliament, and that between 2005 and 2010, SNP MPs voted with the Tories on 88% of Finance Bills.

I'm not saying they're Tartan Tories - but I am saying that the idea that they won't work with the Tories is fanciful. And Anthony Painter outlined an all too-plausible Tory/SNP deal this weekend. A new ICM poll this morning shows just how far Scottish Labour have fallen, with the SNP still holding a 16 point lead."

There is no chance whatsoever of the SNP propping up the Conservatives in Westminster.

- It would in a stroke alienate all the culturally anti-Tory voters they've just picked up from Labour.
    - They'd take a load of flack for the austerity measures (they'd get this to an extent from propping up Labour but nothing like as much).

There is all the difference in the world between being a SNP government that does deals with the Tories and being an SNP minority party that does deals with a Tory government.
    Worth remembering that the SNP don't care about what happens in Westminster, except insofar as they can gain independence from it. Thus a Tory/SNP deal on the basis of SuperDevoMax and English Votes for English Laws is not massively less credible than a deal with a Labour Party intent on watering down the Vow.
    Not if it costs them power in Holyrood, which it very well might.

I'd also add that the SNP seem to be ratcheting up their campaign to piss off the English, and propping up Ed Miliband while crowing about all the things being thrown north fits into that plan very nicely.
  • Options

Financier said:

From LaboutList Today:

This Vow thing came from Gordon Brown who allegedly saved the Union.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Labour has been “hijacked” by a north London liberal elite and the public thinks Ed Miliband is more of a “toff” than David Cameron, according to one prominent Labour backbencher.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/exclusive-labour-mp-says-public-think-ed-miliband-aloof-and-more-toff-cameron

This is disappointing. I've been delighted that the wonderful word 'toff', which had once looked to have almost completely dropped out of modern English, has staged a revival thanks to Labour, but now it looks as though my delight might have been premature:

"And what they mean by that is that he’s seen as more aloof. They’d prefer to go for a pint with David Cameron than they would with Ed Miliband, that’s the reality of it.”

I do hope people don't think 'toff' means "someone I wouldn't want to go for a pint with".
  • Options
    Financier said:

JJ - if that had been your child and the hospital could not provide possible better treatment - would you have let your child die in that hospital or searched the world for that possible better treatment that gave a hope of a cure and actively followed up that hope.?

Absolutely. In fact, my parents moved heaven and earth to get me good medical help for the problems I had when a teenager, and although I was not dying, at least I can now walk. And walk. And walk ;-)

But I'm not sure I would remove my child from the hospital without telling anyone what I was doing. It's clear that the trust between Southampton General and the Kings broke down well before this, and as far as I know we do not know the full story of that. It's likely that all parties could - and should - have behaved differently.

I still maintain that, once the parents had removed their child, the search was an understandable and correct course of action that got well out of hand.
  • Options
    DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626
    View from the doorstep: Ed costing Labour votes.

Ed More of a Toff than Dave

"what they mean by that is that he’s seen as more aloof. They’d prefer to go for a pint with David Cameron than they would with Ed Miliband, that’s the reality of it.”
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Golden rule of Scottish Politics:

Never implicitly or explicitly support, or be seeing to support the Conservatives (It is OK to be supported by them, that's different)

See

1) SNP 1979
    2) Lib Dems 2010
    3) Labour 2014.

Unless, of course you are actually the Conservatives :)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    Scott_P said:

Ed Laurel and Ed Hardy running the country's finances. How could that possibly fail......

• Options

Scott_P said:

Ed Laurel and Ed Hardy running the country's finances. How could that possibly fail......

When Alex Chaplin is the support act :)
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,584

PR to save the Union.

Is that 'personally supports' as in the way he 'personally opposed the Iraq invasion'? He might have muttered it to himself quietly in a toilet cubicle but he didn't let it interfere with his career aspirations?
    Let's see what's in the manifesto.
  • Options

This is disappointing. I've been delighted that the wonderful word 'toff', which had once looked to have almost completely dropped out of modern English, has staged a revival thanks to Labour, but now it looks as though my delight might have been premature:

"And what they mean by that is that he’s seen as more aloof. They’d prefer to go for a pint with David Cameron than they would with Ed Miliband, that’s the reality of it.”

I do hope people don't think 'toff' means "someone I wouldn't want to go for a pint with".
    I think it's a bit of a misspeak from Danczuk. You're right, it's not about going for a pint with them; Cameron is undoubtedly more of a toff than Miliband. That doesn't mean he's not seen as more of a decent chap.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650

Scott_P said:

Couldn`t do any worse than Trust fund boy and his Bullingdon PR frontman,could they?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,584

I like the way the web URL address for this article uses the word 'exclusive'. I'm not sure it's an exclusive to be told that a Labour MP has found Ed to be a massive problem on the doorstep.
  • Options

I like the way the web URL address for this article uses the word 'exclusive'. I'm not sure it's an exclusive to be told that a Labour MP has found Ed to be a massive problem on the doorstep.
    That, and the fact the story is in the Telegraph too...
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

Couldn`t do any worse than Trust fund boy and his Bullingdon PR frontman,could they?
    Did you miss the budget?
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    Three Big Fibs from Milliband in One Speech

One - the biggest party forms the Government. No it doesn't. The administration which commands the House majority forms the Government.

Two - we will end austerity. No you wouldn't. Ball's plan is for public spending cuts.

Three - SNP devo max will cut Scotland's Budget. No it won't. All parties including Labour signed up for the principle of "no detriment" in the Smith Commission.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure if this has already been noted, but May2015 has a useful summary of the 'house effects' of the various pollsters:

http://may2015.com/featured/how-much-do-pollsters-differ/
  • Options

Financier said:

Absolutely. In fact, my parents moved heaven and earth to get me good medical help for the problems I had when a teenager, and although I was not dying, at least I can now walk. And walk. And walk ;-)

But I'm not sure I would remove my child from the hospital without telling anyone what I was doing. It's clear that the trust between Southampton General and the Kings broke down well before this, and as far as I know we do not know the full story of that. It's likely that all parties could - and should - have behaved differently.

I still maintain that, once the parents had removed their child, the search was an understandable and correct course of action that got well out of hand.
    The problem I believe is that some hospitals have tried to interfere with a parents right to withdraw their child from treatment by suggesting that this amounts to child abuse. This has been an issue for religious sects that reject medical treatment for a long time, but appears to be spreading into the mainstream. The parents ran the risk that if they told the hospital, that the hospital would tell social services, who, acting on medical advice would trying a get a restraining order, if not permission to treat the child in the teeth of the parents wishes. The alternative is to leave quietly. Heads they lose, tails they lose. In a similar position I would probably have quietly left, but left behind a signed letter discharging the child and absolving the hospital of further responsibility and liability.
  • Options
    isam said:

Ukip commit to 2% defence spending... And there's an interesting emphasis on the public spending cuts

'The money will be found by cutting the overseas aid budget by £9 billion, leaving the European Union, scrapping the High Speed 2 rail project and cutting Scottish public spending.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11489399/Ukip-puts-pressure-on-David-Cameron-with-defence-spending-pledge.html

Since leaving the EU completely will cost is billions it will save nothing. Joining the EEA would make little difference, Add to that removing the aid budget completely will ultimately mean spending double on defence since we will have no friends in the world.
    The UKIP option shows what a thoroughly nasty lot they are. And thats before they say it would be legal to discriminate against blacks... Pakistanis Indians Chinese Arabs... Aborigines Maories Fijians...
  • Options
    scotslass said:

One - the biggest party forms the Government. No it doesn't. The administration which commands the House majority forms the Government.

Two - we will end austerity. No you wouldn't. Ball's plan is for public spending cuts.

Three - SNP devo max will cut Scotland's Budget. No it won't. All parties including Labour signed up for the principle of "no detriment" in the Smith Commission.

Lies, lies and more lies. It's all Labour know.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

isam said:

Since leaving the EU completely will cost is billions it will save nothing. Joining the EEA would make little difference, Add to that removing the aid budget completely will ultimately mean spending double on defence since we will have no friends in the world.
    The UKIP option shows what a thoroughly nasty lot they are. And thats before they say it would be legal to discriminate against blacks... Pakistanis Indians Chinese Arabs... Aborigines Maories Fijians...
    Quite a remarkable feat to fit so many lies and so much misinformation in one paragraph, I salute you.
  • Options

SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

Did you miss the budget?
    5 years of failures and one big speech to cover them up.Did you miss Miliband`s response?
  • Options

SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

Did you miss the budget?
    I think he missed the bit after the budget when Balls said he would not repeal any of it.
  • Options
    What would really put the cat among the pigeons is the Conservatives withdrawing their candidate from Gordon. Only the Lib Dems can beat Salmond there (and they're not far off as it stands according to electionforecast as shown below). It might even help the Tories in England by strengthening the "we're the party to keep the SNP out" line they've been pushing in recent weeks.

And let's be clear, Salmond losing in Gordon might not alter the overall number of seats held by the SNP much, but it would be a brutal blow to their momentum. All it will take is a small number of Tory voters backing the Lib Dems:

SNP: 36%
    Lib Dem: 30%
    Tories: 16%
    Labour: 14%
  • Options

I used to enjoy Labourese very much indeed. I look back with the nostalgia to the days of union leaders pontificating about their members' "aspirations", as in "the management's offer falls short of our members' aspirations". This was a word that one of them who had once read a book lit on, at which point hey all had to use it because it sounded so much better than "greed".

Another gem was "truculent". This was a Scargill term of abuse - "we have been unable to reach agreement owing to the truculent attitude of the Coal Board". "Truculent" in normal speech means aggressively defiant, but in unionese, it meant any instance of management asserting its right and duty to manage.

Then there was "my executive." When offered anything by management, union leaders would ponderously announce that they would be "referring it my executive", which was meant to sound like a properly convened body of responsible individuals but was of course a mob of oikish fat no-mark yobs like John Prescott, who did whatever the thug-in-chief said.

I was a kid in the 70s and even then I was bewildered as to why we heard so much on TV from this rabble. They all got a vote in the election same as everyone else, so what were they doing in Downing Street all the time?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    stodge said:

As for Salmond vs Soubry, I've watched the recording and I'm much less convinced about Soubry then all her cheerleaders on here (especially those who seem more interested in preventing the re-election of the former Labour MP). Of course, Salmond was being combative - could you imagine if Nick Clegg had said it before the last GE - and it may well be that a Conservative-SNP deal is more plausible than many suppose but it was a different approach to deal-making and we'll see.

Soubry's faux outrage was fairly repellent - she might complain about Salmond controlling Labour but would she complain if the DUP were the ones helping the Conservatives ? I suspect not and for all her comments about the "failure of Labour", the truth is the Conservatives are the ones who have failed in Scotland.

She's a Marmite candidate - keen Tories really, really like her, as do activists in other parties who enjoy a high-profile puncher (rather as many Tories enjoy Dennis Skinner); less political non-Labour voters tell me unflatteringly that they'll vote for me as the lesser evil (often phrased more bluntly than that). Labour voters just can't wait for a 'Portillo moment' on May 7. But her basic problem is the 17% 2010 LibDems - she's attacked their party relentlessly for 5 years, we are in coalition with them locally, and their late selection is not an accident. I honestly don't see a way past them for her: she needs to avoid more than one seventeenth of them going Labour.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,916
    Pulpstar said:

scotslass said:

No top down NHS reorganisation, no plans to increase VAT, abolish tuition fees

Was that Labour?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @paulwaugh: One topic on which Ed Miliband is not in favour of whistleblowers: vote-by-vote Lab-SNP speculation. https://t.co/MSmdJMNj2i
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    edited March 2015

isam said:

UKIP aren't proposing to abolish the aid budget. But, they do want to cut it sharply. I wouldn't cut it so sharply myself, but I would end the stupid ring fence. There's no justification for boosting overseas aid when making cuts at home.

As to leaving the EU "costing billions" and cutting aid "leaving us no friends in the world", that's just wild speculation and hyperbole.
  • Options

"what they mean by that is that he’s seen as more aloof. They’d prefer to go for a pint with David Cameron than they would with Ed Miliband, that’s the reality of it.”

This is from the MP who received 20,000 pounds from the Daily Mail and has been censured for not declaring it in time.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

Man oh man, you are so rattled aren't you?

Been looking at Labour canvassing returns have you?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,926
    As usual, I don't quite see what everyone is getting so worked up about. In essence, you could argue Nick Clegg and Danny Alexander have "written" every Budget since 2010 yet the pro-Conservatives on here continually trumpet the success of the economy.

We will never know what the economic policy of a Conservative majority Government would have been after 2010. Salmond is staking out some ground for the SNP with Labour and it's all part of the dance. The risk, which I'm sure he appreciates, is he will drive English voters to the Conservatives but that doesn't matter to him either.

It may be he calculates five years of Conservtive rule and the Scottish electorate would be clamouring for Independence so in a sense he "wins" both ways - concessions extracted from Labour now or the prospect of an unstoppable pro-Independence tide later.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,739

What would really put the cat among the pigeons is the Conservatives withdrawing their candidate from Gordon. Only the Lib Dems can beat Salmond there (and they're not far off as it stands according to electionforecast as shown below). It might even help the Tories in England by strengthening the "we're the party to keep the SNP out" line they've been pushing in recent weeks.

And let's be clear, Salmond losing in Gordon might not alter the overall number of seats held by the SNP much, but it would be a brutal blow to their momentum. All it will take is a small number of Tory voters backing the Lib Dems:

Or Labour. I would have thought that Labour and the Tories would both prefer not to have Mr Salmond in Westminster.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

scotslass said:

No top down NHS reorganisation, no plans to increase VAT, abolish tuition fees

Was that Labour?
    Did I claim anything about the Conservatives or the Lib Dems ?
  • Options
    scotslass said:

What the Tories (and potentially Labour's other opponents) should be doing now is bombarding the twitter feeds with rapid rebuttals of all Miliband's false assertions like that. Labour could run into a lot of trouble if day after day they're being put on the defensive to try to back up claims which are simply wrong; it develops into a narrative of incompetence.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801

isam said:

Michael Heaver (@Michael_Heaver)
    23/03/2015 09:22
    Roma gipsy girls as young as 12 are being ‘forced to live in arranged marriages in scandal-hit Rotherham’ dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2…

I have my doubts about that. Roma are generally Catholic or Orthodox and would need a priedt to perform the ceremony.
    Hindu, but often adopt superficial elements of the dominant religion of the region, be that Islam, Orthodox Christianity or Roman Catholic.
  • Options

Or Labour. I would have thought that Labour and the Tories would both prefer not to have Mr Salmond in Westminster.
    Of course the Conservatives want Salmond in Westminster. It would be like saying that Labour don't want Farage to place ahead of the Conservatives in Thanet South !

Both can make an incredible amount of mischief for their closest ideological allies.
  • Options

SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

Man oh man, you are so rattled aren't you?

Been looking at Labour canvassing returns have you?</blockquo

You have a vivid imagination.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    stodge said:

As usual, I don't quite see what everyone is getting so worked up about. In essence, you could argue Nick Clegg and Danny Alexander have "written" every Budget since 2010 yet the pro-Conservatives on here continually trumpet the success of the economy.

Why would anyone on the centre-right want to give the Lib Dems credit for the budget after they distanced themselves from it with Danny's yellow lunch box 'budget' - a ridiculous state of affairs to get themselves into.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Financier said:

The problem I believe is that some hospitals have tried to interfere with a parents right to withdraw their child from treatment by suggesting that this amounts to child abuse. This has been an issue for religious sects that reject medical treatment for a long time, but appears to be spreading into the mainstream. The parents ran the risk that if they told the hospital, that the hospital would tell social services, who, acting on medical advice would trying a get a restraining order, if not permission to treat the child in the teeth of the parents wishes. The alternative is to leave quietly. Heads they lose, tails they lose. In a similar position I would probably have quietly left, but left behind a signed letter discharging the child and absolving the hospital of further responsibility and liability.
    Fair comment.

We really cannot be sure what happened in the relationship between the hospital and the family - we have the family's side, but I daresay the hospital is rather tied up wrt patient confidentiality and possible lawsuits. But it is clear it broke down *before* they took their son.

I would like to think that I would get a second or third opinion, including one that said that my proposed course of action was sensible. I'm not medically trained, and although I'm a techie, I'm not sure when it came to cancer or similar I'd be mentally or emotionally able to decide authoritatively on what would be the best course of action *without* medical advice. But try to get as much advice as possible.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Is there a site on the web where someone collates the Raw from the various pollsters and applies a standardised (and open) weighting model?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,101
    edited March 2015

But if Labour stand aside for the Tories, it is a massive own goal because it very publicly reinforces the SNP argument - vote Labour and get a Tory-ruled UK. Another reason against it is why that local activist had to resign for advocating tactical voting - the chart he used (and which has been reproduced on PB) is would end up with more Tory and LD MPs than Labour MPs from the constituencies shown, which could be disastrous on a UK scale as well as falling foul of the first issue.

Edit: Or if Labour stand aside for the LDs, who are currently in coalition with the Tories, I should have rememberedto add.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

I think the council house sales announcement and Salmonds antics mean Labour are Fubar'ed. Only by voting UKIP and getting UKIP can a Tory majority be stopped.

I think you have rather over-reached yourself there.

Only by voting UKIP and not getting UKIP but a minority Labour administration can Ed get into Downing Street.

Not really. It seems to me that the tories will be far and away the largest party. Only if UKIP take some seats off them will they be denied a working majority and forced to work with UKIP and DUP to get legislation through as a minority government.

Eds not going to have enough seats to govern in coalition with anyone.
    Can we reserve worrying about that for when the polling suggests anything like it? Thanks.

Jacks ARSE already is not far off that and hes got a better record than any pollster
    Fine tipster that he is, JackW still refuses to acknowledge quite the scale of the SNP one-party state or the LibDem's transience of yellow snow on a warm spring day....
    Poppycock.

The latest ARSE published on Saturday has the SNP winning 36 of the 57 Scottish seats and the LibDems with net losses of 25 down to 32.

These numbers hardly constitute a refusal to acknowledge the reality of the likely result of May 7th and noting that my ARSE is not a nowcast but a projection for election day.

• Options
    Dair said:

Is there a site on the web where someone collates the Raw from the various pollsters and applies a standardised (and open) weighting model?

Not sure but 43% with ICM for the Nats looks very very strong to me. The unweighted will almost certainly be higher.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

isam said:

Care to back up that load of bollocks with some actual facts?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited March 2015

Not that brutal. And these clever-clogs "not fielding a candidate" ploys never actually happen, do they, by-election oddities like the Haltemprice Flounce excepted? It would piss me off no end if the tories started playing games like that: if you want to be a party of national government you put up candidates everywhere.
  • Options

isam said:

What baffles me about Farage is that he appears not to grasp the delusional nature of this idea that we can leave the EU and enjoy all the benefits without any of the drawbacks. The quid pro quo for access to the EU is going to be things like signing up to its treaties and accepting free movement of people.

Farage either doesn't get this in which case he's dim; or he does get and is dissembling about it. This is either because a lousy post-EU deal is a price worth paying for his racial purity agenda, or because he is just the operator of the foaming loony franchise in UK politics. As such, he couldn't give a sh1t about any of this, because it's not about policy, it's about maintaining the cascade of expenses and allowances that keep on falling untaxed into his pockets.

The supporters of all this are, charitably, a children's crusade.
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    Even with the weight of evidence from the national polls and the much anticipated Lord Ashcroft polls, still many seem to doubt that SLAB and the LibDems are facing extinction in Scotland. This post from Mike is yet another example of political commentators scrabbling around for anything which might give hope to the mainstream parties. The Daily Mail headline is only going to help drive the SNP surge, the press really needs to rethink its strategy, the constant demonizing of the SNP/Scots is counterproductive.

I think the SNP's position is only going to strengthen as we approach May and they will end up with over 50% of the vote. Consider the following factors:

- SLAB are already in meltdown, with recriminations about their impending defeat already setting in. I think they’ll struggle to get 25% of the vote.

- In terms of tactical voting, other than a few diehard Unionist Scottish Tories who might vote Labour, the vast majority of Scottish Tories and SLAB supporters, hate each other more than they hate the SNP. So the SNP are likely to be net beneficiaries of any tactical voting.

- Ed Milliband is so unpopular in Scotland that the more we see of him on the TV screens yet more SLAB support will melt away to the SNP, Greens, UKIP and even the LibDems.

- There are no signs of the LibDems staging any recovery, if Kennedy is at risk no LibDem seat in Scotland is safe.

- The SNP membership surge continues, giving them phenomenal ground resources to deploy in any seat where the mainstream parties have any remaining hopes.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,926
    Pulpstar said:

Why would anyone on the centre-right want to give the Lib Dems credit for the budget after they distanced themselves from it with Danny's yellow lunch box 'budget' - a ridiculous state of affairs to get themselves into.

I've said on here that was an appalling stunt and a waste of time and effort. I do think it's reasonable for both the LDs and the Conservatives to argue for the things they would have included but the other side did not agree to and that was, in essence, what Danny was trying to do last Thursday.

Unfortunately, the message was lost in the stunt rather like Osborne's message was diluted by the political knockabout and jibes against Ed Miliband and the cheap soundbites.

• Options

PR to save the Union.

He backed AV, so he is in favour of PR.
    Single Outcome STV is not PR.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Looking at each pollster individually, ICM's March poll for Scotland is substantially identical to its December poll, Survation's monthly Scottish polls have not really flickered since November, YouGov's December, February and March polls are pretty much identical and Ipsos-MORI's October and January polls are both very similar. There isn't the slightest hint that anything is going to change at all in Scotland from the present position.
  • Options

isam said:

What baffles me about Farage is that he appears not to grasp the delusional nature of this idea that we can leave the EU and enjoy all the benefits without any of the drawbacks. The quid pro quo for access to the EU is going to be things like signing up to its treaties and accepting free movement of people.

Farage either doesn't get this in which case he's dim; or he does get and is dissembling about it. This is either because a lousy post-EU deal is a price worth paying for his racial purity agenda, or because he is just the operator of the foaming loony franchise in UK politics. As such, he couldn't give a sh1t about any of this, because it's not about policy, it's about maintaining the cascade of expenses and allowances that keep on falling untaxed into his pockets.

Most people who are opposed to EU membership recognise that independence would have pros and cons. We just think that on balance, self-government is preferable to ever closer union.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Pulpstar said:

stodge said:

Nonsense.

The budget was an agreed Coalition policy whereas the ill conceived yellow peril lunch box offering were the LibDem alternative long term economic proposals for the coming campaign.

• Options
    SMukesh said:

SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

So no denial then....
  • Options
    Miliband ridiculing Salmond:` I gather he has a book to sell`

That should drive the NATS crazy.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Not that brutal. And these clever-clogs "not fielding a candidate" ploys never actually happen, do they, by-election oddities like the Haltemprice Flounce excepted? It would piss me off no end if the tories started playing games like that: if you want to be a party of national government you put up candidates everywhere.
    The previous member for Tatton is a prime example.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

isam said:

Yes, you are correct.

Leaving the EU will so obviously mean the doors to the EU are slammed shut forever, how could I have been so stupid.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

I used to enjoy Labourese very much indeed. I look back with the nostalgia to the days of union leaders pontificating about their members' "aspirations", as in "the management's offer falls short of our members' aspirations". This was a word that one of them who had once read a book lit on, at which point hey all had to use it because it sounded so much better than "greed".

Another gem was "truculent". This was a Scargill term of abuse - "we have been unable to reach agreement owing to the truculent attitude of the Coal Board". "Truculent" in normal speech means aggressively defiant, but in unionese, it meant any instance of management asserting its right and duty to manage.

Then there was "my executive." When offered anything by management, union leaders would ponderously announce that they would be "referring it my executive", which was meant to sound like a properly convened body of responsible individuals but was of course a mob of oikish fat no-mark yobs like John Prescott, who did whatever the thug-in-chief said.

I was a kid in the 70s and even then I was bewildered as to why we heard so much on TV from this rabble. They all got a vote in the election same as everyone else, so what were they doing in Downing Street all the time?
    And the CBI (and in the 1980s, the IoD) -- did you wonder about them too?
  • Options
    Charles said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

It isn't necessary to remember Sheffield. Salmond organized street parties celebrating a Yes victory days before his historic defeat.

Also worth noting that the SNP are polling in the high 40's. The majority of Scots do not support the SNP, it is the FPTP system that will deliver the seats.

An absolute majority of Scotland votes for a Pro-Independence party now. Every poll demonstrates this - SNP + Green + SSP + Solidarity is over 50%.
    Six months too late! Couldn't persuade them for the vote of a lifetime.
    It's certainly delayed the inevitable but nothing is lost and the second referendum is just around the corner.

It will be interesting to see if the SNP use the momentum to call the second referendum in 2017 or if they wait till 18 or 19. Personally I prefer 2017 as the demographics alone will already be a Yes win even before you factor in the continued polling growth.

I suspect they will probably go for 2018 though.
    This second referendum will be one not sanctioned by London?

Interesting.....
    There will not be a second referendum.
    There is no mechanism and no method by which you can stop it.

The precedent has already been set. And in the UK, with an unwritten constitution, precedent is everything.

The precedent is that Westminster has to agree to a referendum. Obviously, one can be organised without Westminster co-operation, but the result then has to be implemented. And there is no way that can be done without Westminster.

You're not thinking through what your saying. Your own sentence tells the answer even though it's not what you mean.

The precedent is that Westminster has to agree to a referendum.

Say it with the right stress on the right words. has to
    This may help with your understanding of precedent

https://xkcd.com/1122/
    Strange, you're link has nothing to do with precedents or the use thereof with an unwritten constitution. Precedent is not Convention.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

isam said:

Most people who are opposed to EU membership recognise that independence would have pros and cons. We just think that on balance, self-government is preferable to ever closer union.
    So which EU-originating laws would UKIP not have implemented?
  • Options

isam said:

You managed to get even more lies and misinformation in that Flightpath, is this a private competition or can anyone join in ?
  • Options
    Populus slow today.

No doubt the embargoed numbers are out there though.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dair said:

Strange, you're link has nothing to do with precedents or the use thereof with an unwritten constitution. Precedent is not Convention.

I notice you prefer to overlook that primary legislation trumps precedent, inconvenient I know, but that's life.

You were quite happy to tell us how the new GAAR law (primary legislation) overcame decades of precedent on tax inquiry and status investigations.
  • Options

SMukesh said:

SMukesh said:

Scott_P said:

So no denial then....
    Vivid imagination,nevertheless tends to miss the obvious point.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Just had Labour post card for my wife. LDs soft on crime, drugs and thugs...will photo it.

Almost 17,000 fewer police.
  • Options
    I'm going to go for a tie with Populus, although it's Gambler's fallacy it feels that on a fundamentally tied race (Or as good as) a tie with Populus (Which indicates a Tory lead of two) is "due" ;)
  • Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    edited March 2015

isam said:

Yes, you are correct.

Leaving the EU will so obviously mean the doors to the EU are slammed shut forever, how could I have been so stupid.
    A remark which shows you've not thought about the matter.

Leaving the EU but selling, for example, financial services into it will require observance of all regulations and standards applicable in the EU. Just like now, except that we won't be able to contribute to what goes in the standard.

If the EU comes up with some standard that makes, oh, commodity futures markets basically unworkable - which is quite possible since the other 26 countries have perhaps 2 or 3 commodity futures markets so nobody much will care if their commodities industry disappeared - then that bit of our economy is out of business.

Likewise anything else we wanted to sell.

British citizens retired to Spain will find themselves chucked out like Italian bankers will be chucked out of the City. Unless, of course, the free movement of peoples bit continues.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

isam said:

So which EU-originating laws would UKIP not have implemented?
    Now, we're in the realms of alternative history. Had the UK not joined the EU in 1973, we can't be entirely sure how British political life would have turned out.

Outside the EU, the UK would not be part of the CAP, or CFP; it wouldn't be signed up to the Social Chapter. I would hope (but cannot be certain) that it would not have signed up to the EU's environmental agenda. I would hope that it would not agree that Criminal Justice was an EU competence.

Now, it's possible that a UK government might introduce laws that were similar to those that emanate from Bruseels; or it might not. But, either way, the decision would be in the hands of people who were accountable to the British electorate.

• Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Dair said:

The pollsters don't release the unweighted data that would allow you to do that.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    No one in Europe will be chucked out of anywhere.. it has always been possible to live in a European country...you simply register your presence with the local police station.
  • Options

isam said:

Yes, you are correct.

Leaving the EU but selling, for example, financial services into it will require observance of all regulations and standards applicable in the EU. Just like now, except that we won't be able to contribute to what goes in the standard.

British citizens retired to Spain will find themselves chucked out like Italian bankers will be chucked out of the City. Unless, of course, the free movement of peoples bit continues.
    Curiously enough, British citizens seem to be able to live and work and trade with many countries, without us being part of a political union with those countries.
  • Options

No one in Europe will be chucked out of anywhere.. it has always been possible to live in a European country...you simply register your presence with the local police station.

But there's an odd inconsistency here. The Kippers claim that there will be zero effect on British citizens wanting to live in continental European countries, whilst simultaneously claiming the the UK will 'have full control of its borders' and be able to decide which EU citizens live here.

These two propositions can't both be true.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I used to love *composite* which appeared in every TUC motion/conference.

I have no idea what it technically meant - it sounded like a motion with multiple features - like a compound.

The TUC Conf used to be my favourite conference event - it was hilarious, angry, earnest and talked in a language that reminded me of I'm All Right, Jack.

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Populus slow today.

No doubt the embargoed numbers are out there though.

They don't send out embargoed figures.

Much to my chagrin.

It is a universal release.
  • Options
    Eagles, which party leader is going to be clinging to the top of the toilet before they go tumbling down the stairs come May 7th ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Eagles, which party leader is going to be clinging to the top of the toilet before they go tumbling down the stairs come May 7th ?

Natalie Bennett
  • Options

If the EU comes up with some standard that makes, oh, commodity futures markets basically unworkable - which is quite possible since the other 26 countries have perhaps 2 or 3 commodity futures markets so nobody much will care if their commodities industry disappeared - then that bit of our economy is out of business.

Where as you paused a moment to pull this bilge out of a convenient orifice ?

At the moment we have to apply EU regulations to everyone, even customers that are not members of the EU, if we want to see tools to India, we have to apply EU regulations to them, in addition to any Indian regulations, our competitors outside the EU don't have this extra expense.

If we want to make a trade treaty with an country outside the EU, we can't, we have to wait for endless negotiations with the EU to take place, and then follow the terms of that agreement with only minor input to them, rather than negotiating our own trade agreements

We don't sit on the WTO, and have no direct input to its deliberations, we feed out input into the European Commission which is then free to take forward our concerns to the WTO or not as they decide.

British citizens lived in substantial numbers in Spain before 1973, many Spanish resorts were actually in they heyday in the 60's before people started to travel father afield, the idea that the Spanish would through out all those pensions spending their pensions into their economy is laughable.

If the EU makes a standard that makes the commodity futures market unworkable, it will come up with the standard and implement it with QMV anyway, you might have noticed our success in opposing the financial transaction tax.
  • Options
    Theresa May trying to resemble Margaret Thatcher in her appearance.
This discussion has been closed.